Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 16 von 16
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    Bioware [EA] and Lucas Arts have been busy to develop Star Wars: The Old Republic, a MMO with full voice-over (think: Gothic 1) and lots of personal and world story.

Yesterday's regular friday update brought us a little video:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/join-fight

Well, they have been working on this project for roughly 5 years and now we can finally preorder the whole thing. (Please make sure you do this by going over the Amazon referrer for World of Players. )

Anyone interested in playing SW:TOR and join a World of Players guild? World of Players has established two guilds, one on each side (Galactic Republic and Sith Empire). If you click on the blue banner in the upper right corner of my signature, you are directed to the Republic guild. Or you just follow one of the links below:

We don't know how things will work out in the end but don't be shy to join us now. When the game releases (no exact date has been given yet) you will be asked again by the game if you wish to join a guild or not.

See you soon ingame.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline Geändert von Thoronador (16.03.2023 um 02:05 Uhr) Grund: URL aktualisiert

2. #2 Zitieren
    banned
    I may be interested, depending on what I learn about the story after its release and on what people think about it. I am a big fan of SW KotOR, but on the other hand I'm not into MMORPGs.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    I don't think I'll be joining that either, there's something about online games that just doesn't tweak me. I recently reset my password for Guild Wars and played it for the first time in months and........I might be removing it from my HD in the near future as I just like stand-alone RPG games, such as Risen, much, much better.
    Aetherian ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    banned
    Yeah, same here. I think the lack of a well told and organized story in MMORPGs is what I consider to be the most unattractive in that genre.

5. #5 Zitieren
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    Zitat Zitat von Aetherian Beitrag anzeigen
    as I just like stand-alone RPG games, such as Risen, much, much better.
    Then you should give this a try. SW:TOR is the first that takes story-telling in MMOs to a new level. Every class will have its own epic story plus the overarching world story events.
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81
    I looked into it, but I'm not interested.

- SWTOR has a plastic, cartoonish and artificial look to it, as opposed to the gritty and realistic look of Gothic & Risen.

- SWTOR seems like a PG13 kids game, as opposed to the adult and politically incorrect Gothic & Risen.

- SWTOR will be a carebear type of game with much handholding, as opposed to the hardcore and oldschool Gothic & Risen.

- SWTOR will be a "theme park" type of game, as opposed to the "open sandbox" games Gothic & Risen.

I also don't care much for multiplaying when it comes to RPGs. Other players always ruin my immerison, which is why I prefer singleplayer RPGs like Gothic & Risen. Finally, I hate how MMORPGs tend to be completely grind- and gear-driven.

If I was going to get into an MMORPG, I'd probably go with Darkfall. It has a dark and gritty world, full PvP, little moderation or censorship, no handholding, and a huge open sandbox world.
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Nikolai81 ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    banned
    Dude, Star Wars is not supposed to be Gothic or Risen. No one said that. I also like Gothic and Risen more, but Star Wars games also have their charm.

8. #8 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    Yeah, Star Wars is a completely different type of game than what pb has put out, and could be quite good if done right. I might look at it sometime in the future, but right now I'm playing some old abandonware games I played years ago, like The Bard's Tale. Brings back memories.
    Aetherian ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    banned
    This whole discussion about SWTOR made me feel a bit nostalgic too. I'm installing KotOR 1 right now.

10. #10 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Heart Collector
    I'm interested in the game too and active on their forums, even though they are often truly a wretched hive of scum and villainy I think it's shaping up to be a fun MMO (which is a contradiction in terms for me as I generally don't like the genre) and will definitely try it out.

I feel bad though for the people in the "red zone" who can only pre-order from abroad or via Amazon
    Heart Collector ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    SWToR is the most expensive game project ever, and it seems very much like a wow clone, only with better storytelling. It doesn't help much when the gameplay sucks. I'm also not a very big fan of the "grand" storytelling in Bioware games. PB games were good at populating the world with interesting characters, not making up a huge "epic" (cliche) plot. In PB games you explore the world, while in Bioware games you're more led on rails.
    Btw, the storytelling in Guild Wars 2 seems quite good aswell, just that they actually have interesting and fresh game mechanics. Combat actually looks fun, and thanks be to the spaghetti monster that they don't have the trinity system.
    I recommend that you see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ttfOuxB6Gc

I'm just really dissapointed with The Old Republic, as I did hope for a very good game.

I have a feeling WoW will be greatly diminished by the release of Guild Wars 2 and The old republic though. I have a feeling Secret World will flop (to little information to go on though), but Tera online might also get popular.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Just downloading the beta client for the weekend stress test... I think I'm going to squeal like a schoolgirl! Well, an exceptionally manly and buff schoolgirl of course. Ahem

I'll post my impressions next week!

13. #13 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Heart Collector Beitrag anzeigen
    Just downloading the beta client for the weekend stress test...
    Me too. However, we have to confirm our participation in the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend too. It dertermines when we will be allowed in:

To simulate a launch environment, testers who have accepted new invites to weekend testing will gain testing access in staggered intervals based on when their invites were accepted. The first group of testers will be able to log on beginning on Friday morning (11/25) at 10:00AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin). Then, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin) the second and final waves of testers will gain access. Please watch your email for details about when your phase of testing begins. This will come in a separate email from your invite.
    Rashnu ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Rashnu Beitrag anzeigen
    Me too. However, we have to confirm our participation in the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend too. It dertermines when we will be allowed in:
    Hmm so I have to do something else? Or simply wait for the E-mail? Oh well. I have stuff to do over the weekend as well and Saturday will be busy so even if I'm only in for a few hours on Sunday I don't mind. I'll try and squeeze in as many hours as possible either way. Also, why the hell does the damn website keep resetting my password?!

15. #15 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    So hows the game?
    Bamfy ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    So hows the game?
    Addicting.

Good [personal] story for every class - completely different from other classes and fully voiced, awesome soundtrack.

PvP is still a bit off-balance and sometimes one encounters a bug, but I trust the developers are at it. I enjoy the game tremendously and are very much looking forward to explore all its angles in the coming months.
    Rashnu ist offline