Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 12 123458 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 236
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Ritter
    What's this?
    In short words it's a mess of little changes like dexterity affecting pickpocketing and lockpicking i consider as a whole big rebalancing which will touch nearly every aspect of Risen once it's finished. As a side note this isn't meant to make Risen any easier rather the opposite.

The term "radical" came up while discussing my main intention the weapon types and skills. The idea was quiet simple swords, axes and staffs should be more different from each other. As soon as that worked pretty well i had a look at weapon attributes. I also tried to understand the SDK and it's possibilities. These possibilities soon became sheer endless and with them the things i wanted to change too.

There isn't too much released yet and it's hardly tested.

Just download this and copy the content into your Risen installation(rrb0.2.5)

"documentation"

1. Releases
      • Radical Rebalancing
      • Rewritten Masteries
    2. Future Development
    3. Want to Help?
    4. Source
    5. Thanks

Releases

Radical Rebalancing
    -Rewriten Masteries see below
    -Disables automatic aiming while parrying
    -Rewards pickpocketing with some experience
    -Time for pickpocketing depends on dexterity and needed pickpocketing skill
    -Dexterity affects the chance for lockpicks to break
    -Lockcombinations are set randomly each time the game is loaded
    -Strengthbonus from apples isn't limit
    -Each 10 wisdom grant one learnpoint
    -Changes learnpoint cost
    -Changes mana cost for spells
    -Changes weapon attributes
    -Decreases effect of permanent potions
    -Speed for bows and crossbows increases with each skill level
    -Damage for headshots is multiplied by 1.5 while hits to limbs deal only 0.5 damage

Download:
    rrb0.2.5
    rrb0.2.4
    rrb0.2.3.3(docu)
    rrb0.2.3.3_hotfix
    rrb0.2.3.2_hotfix
    rrb0.2.3.1_hotfix
    rrb0.2.1
    rrb0.2.0

Change Log:
    v0.2.5
    -fixed goblins not beeing able to wield axes
    -fixed gold ring typo
    -fixed war spear beeing a blunt weapon instead of sharp
    -fixed dialogs exchanging obsidian for blank
    -added script improving the ai switching from melee to ranged combat
    v0.2.4
    -added missing file from unofficial patch. it is now completely included.
    v0.2.3.3:
    -fixed rotworms not attacking
    -fixed phil teaching strength instead of dexterity
    -fixed duplicat alchemy 1 teaching of Leonardo
    -disabled Caspar selling infinite apples
    v0.2.3.2:
    -fixed ranged hitzone damage calculation
    v0.2.3.1:
    -fixed missing strings
    v0.2.3:
    -duplicat dialogs removed
    -added some missing unofficial patch files
    v0.2.2:
    -coming soon... hopefully
    v0.2.1:
    -changed PC_Hero to use a own combatspecies
    -changed some moves of human enemies to take more time but break parades so it seems like they're using charged attacks
    -fixed belschwurs teaching dialog for 5 mana(there was none)
    -fixed killing move of axes and staffs
    -fixed many stumbles

Rewritten Masteries
    Diversified speed of weapontypes. Changed combos.(detailed description in readme. Yeah, i know, at the moment it is anything but detailed. It's on the todo list)

Download:
    rrb0.1.5
    rrb0.1.5b (Disabled automatic aiming)

Change Log:
    v0.1.5:
    -fixed killing move of axes and staffs
    -fixed many stumbles
    -removed the "some useless stuff to human enemies"
    v0.1.4:
    -changed sideattacks
    -added some useless stuff to human enemies(didn't work as expected)
    -minor animation fixes
    -increased staff range
    v0.1.3:
    -decreased minimum time between attack and parade
    -minor animation fixes
    v0.1.2:
    -new speed concept
    -fixed some end moves of onehanded stiles having wrong animation
    v0.1.1:
    -fixed parade anis
    -fixed staffmastery 10

Future Development
    I spy the next minor version on the horizon. All the small parts i've written over the last year have to be put together and there's still a bit of development needed.
    • rebalanced monster and npc attributes
    • new weapons(well, actually they're only duplicats of existing ones as i have no expertise in grafical stuff)
    • smithing has been expanded and there will be also a way to slightly refine bows and crossbows
    • revised battle against the Titan
    • rebalanced magic(wisdom will be factored in)
    • Monster/NPCs will be able to charge their attacks
    • NPCs will wear helmets

The list has changed a little with rrb0.2.2. I hadn't planned a new revision but as there was some interest and i recently discovered problems of rrb0.2.1 i made one and included some of the smaller new features.
    But the list also got a new item i just recently found a way to implement: "Monster/NPCs will be able to charge their attacks"

Monster attacking each other
    I've noticed that monsters only react aggressive against humans and backwards(Well, they also attack a transformed player but that's not the point). That's an inacceptable state for a gothic-like game.
    We(Baltram and i) were actually able to get that to work. It has still problems but it'll eventually do the job.
    Interactive Fauna

Revised Titan combat
    Rules that are valid in the whole game should also apply to the Titan. Damage done by the player should take strength into account. All attacks of the Titan should be subject to the difficulty setting and protection values. I also don't want the player to be forced to use a shield and the hammer of the titanlord.
    Titan Combat
    This proof of concept works quiet well for the most part it just lacks the finnishig.

Magic
    The special effects of crystals will be improved. For the most part that means the fire spell will deal a higher area damage. I also want to encourage to use more than one crystal. That will be done by increasing magic defence values of all creatures so that many are nearly immune to at least one crystal.
    I'll also have a second look at scrolls versus runes so i'm not yet entirely sure how to create a meaningful difference without totally fucking up one of these options. In any case runes will become somehow stronger in the course of the game. Maybe depending on seals, probably wisdom, maybe both. Probably scrolls will get some boost too but of course a smaller one than runes.

Monsters/NPCs charging their attacks
    Not much to say here. The player can charge his attacks for instance with axemastery 2 but NPCs can't. I'll change that.
    Enable Powerraise
    Like the Titan combat thingy this just lacks some finnishing.

AIs and Monster Moves
    I want monsters to be more aggressive in battle. Many of them waste way too much time with circling, keeping their distance and just plain waiting.
    Lizardpriests should relay much more on their magic. Right now the easily switch to melee combat and nearly never switch back to magic.

Monster move speed
    It seems like running works nearly always even without the speed spell. That isn't really helpful if you want to crerate a feeling of danger.

Documentation
    I personally hate it if i have to buy a pig in a poke so i hope i can someday motivate myself to write a nice documentation describing all changes in detail.

Want to Help?
    To be honest i like full control over every single balancing decission. Usually i'd say use the mod and write feedback(also suggestions) but at the moment there's actually something i can't do on my own(haha, there's not much i can do on my own, i'm asking the thanks-sektion-guys the whole time for help ) at least not without monthes or years of learning, new weapons.
    I think Risen needs more weapons for a good balancing. There are like 10 staffs if we think about Gothic 2 there are more than 40 weapons per type(melee). I have absolutely no idea of any grafical stuff, so i need someone to create/compose new meshes, textures and helps me to import them in Risen(there are tools to do that and in contrary to me if you are experienced with moddeling and all this stuff you won't have any difficulty using them).

Source
    Well, most of the time when i upload a new scripts the source's allready included. If you can't find it or are too lazy to search for somethign that migth not be there just ask.

Thanks
    • NicoDE, for creating the foundation for modding and the sdk.
    • CzarnyAfgan, for providing the feedback i need to do something useful, not only academic bullshit.
    • Baltram, too much to go into detail.
    • PowerGamer, for the unofficial patch and it's sources, looking through them was often some help.
    • JFaron, after telling him i wanted to release an update he kept annoying me until i finally did it.
    • Everyone else sharing his knowledge or writing tools for Risen modding.(Garlrath434, Shak-otay...)

Hope you have fun with Risen.
    [Bild: dtc_sig.jpg]

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.
    Kuchenschlachter ist offline Geändert von Kuchenschlachter (29.06.2015 um 21:51 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    When playing Risen I realised some work on monster statistics could make game more challenging, giving more fun.

Stingrat/ Molerat: it's abilities are well balanced, nothing to change

Sea Vulture: I would keep it's strenght/defence abilities and increase it's health points and exprerience gained per kill up to 75p.

Normal wolf: it's abilities are well balanced, nothing to change

Hungry wolf: I would keep it's strenght/defence abilities, but I would increase it's health points and exprerience gained per kill up to 75p.

Black wolf: that one should be really terrifying beast, increasing it's attack/defence abilities per 25% and increasing it's it's health points and exprerience gained per kill up to 150points would be great idea, because now there is no big difference between normal wolf and the black one

Rotworm: 25% increase of attack/deffence abilities and increase of health points/ experience up to 150p/200p making it similar to swampshark from G1/G2, rotworm is a big creature, and now with only 100hp looks a bit funny

Gnome: it's abilities are well balanced, nothing to change

Skeleton/Skeleton Warrior: it's abilities are well balanced, nothing to change

Ghoul: it's abilities are well balanced, nothing to change, although can be a difficult opponent sometimes

Gravemoth: it's abilities are well balanced, nothing to change

Ashbeast: it's abilities are well balanced, nothing to change

Thundertail: increasing it's strenght/defence abilities as well as hp and exp. gained up to 25% more would be good idea.

In my opinion dividing mod into solely downloaded and installed parts ( for example- monster stats. balancing mod, weapon stats. balancing mod, item stats. balancing mod etc., would be great idea, because anyone could decide which parts wants to use.

Greetings
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Ritter
    i want to increase nearly every monsters defence so only the combo finishing moves do reasonable damage. on one hand i purpose to motivate player to use the finisching moves, as doing a whole combo should make you vulnerable and therefor should also provide a benefit, and on the other hand i think it really sucks that most enemies are easily killed with only one full combo when you are ybout the same level.

hungry things... well, i also think these are weak as fuck, but i understand the intention to have tutorial like enemies. probably i will later replace most hungry with normal or a new monster with its strength in the middle between hungry and normal.

i forget where black wolfes are. they are standard monsters everywere just stronger than wolfs?

In my opinion dividing mod into solely downloaded and installed parts ( for example- monster stats. balancing mod, weapon stats. balancing mod, item stats. balancing mod etc., would be great idea, because anyone could decide which parts wants to use.
    maybe, but first there must be something to download. Anyways i don't think thats a too good idea, as most things i'll do aren't independent.

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.
    Kuchenschlachter ist offline Geändert von Kuchenschlachter (15.07.2011 um 11:24 Uhr)

4. #4 Zitieren
    Black wolves can be found on the whole island, often near normal wolves or in pack's.

"i want to increase nearly every monsters defence so only the combo finishing moves do reasonable damage. on one hand i purpose to motivate player to use the finisching moves, as doing a whole combo should make you vulnerable and therefor should also provide a benefit, and on the other hand i think it really sucks that most enemies are easily killed with only one full combo when you are ybout the same level"

good idea then

Do you remember the quest "hungry wolves"? Person, which gives the quest claims that these wolves are very dangerous and hungry, these situation looks a bit way ridicolous, because the "hungry wolf" is really weak opponent, should be about 150% stronger. What do you think about idea of changing the look of "black wolf"? In my opinion it should be much bigger than normal wolf ( thanks to Baltram and his size modding experiments, this could be possible soon ). Do you change statistics with Hex Editor? I haven't modded risen for more than 6months, but I could try to help.

Greetings
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (15.07.2011 um 22:12 Uhr)

5. #5 Zitieren
    Ritter
    ah, now it dawns on me. the quest hunry wofls, well, yeah they are too weak(laike anything) but i guess it's intentional, hungry wolfs being weaker than hungry wolfs. maybe i could change the ai to be highly aggressiv or something.
    concerning the look of black wolfes i don't care much for graffical stuff. that doesn't mean i don't appreaciate work in this field, i just want to say i'll never focus on stuff like that. but as i can't remember to notice that there was a stronger kind of wolfes i guess it's a good idea to change their apparence.

i have not much experience in modding til now i totally focused on ai stuff and by accident learnd much about the attack moves. to change attribues i'd try wormers tpeledit.

at the moment i'm totally occupied by research and rewriting of masteries. If you want to help... well, balancing monster/weapon attributes would help much, but i lack a explicit enough concept(you already know everything there is yet) and i don't want to work too much on it till masteries are done.
    but if you want to devise one and propose it i won't stop you.

the masteries are rather intricate especially balancing and this is something i want to do myself, as they are the heart of my motivation.

Kuchenschlachter ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Ritter
    v0.1 is out.
    well, i'm rather satisfied, in the beginning your moves are so fucking slow that i had to change some monsters a little bit as i wasn't able to survive the beach.
    at the momement all vultures/wolfes/stingrats... have the same moves/ai no matter if they are hungry or tutorial monsters. in a later version i'll work on that.
    i think the second speed increase in the masteries is needed earlier.

tell me anything you notice, to be strange or whatever.

7. #7 Zitieren
    I have seen some animation bug when fighting with bastard/ 1handed sword and shield- when I try to block, character blocks, but there is no animation.

Pros: ( what I like in your mod )
    - possibility of carrying bastard sword and shield at sword fighting level one
    - no longer possibility of fighting with 2handed sword with shield in other hand ( now difference between 1h and 2h swords has a point...)
    -fast circle attack at sword fighting level ten

Cons: ( what I don't like )
    -bastard sword fighting is much too slow ( that's only my opinion )
    -bad and borring, limited combat system for staff fighting
    -two handed sword fighting should be about 25% faster, now we won't kill a even a sleeping lizard...

But errors don't really matter, they can be corrected. I think you are doing it the right way, keep developing it.

Greetings
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Ritter
    on mastery 10 bastards without shield are actually faster than originally, with shields they are slightly slower than before. bs with shield equals 2h swords and axes without shield concerning speed.
    the differenz should be barely noticeable(more or less 0.05sec).

staffs should only differ in one single point: they don't have this infinite forward combo... i thought it would look really awkwared(even more than with other weapons) if the first animation would follow the second one. if there are more differences, i made some mistake.

about blocking i were not yet able to find that mistake. if you know of other animationbugs would be nice to have more information(witch move on witch level) i've written about 500 moves, it's not too easy to find the mistakes.

thanks for the feedback.

the general problem is, the whole game is balanced for one rather fast speed of player attacks. so i have not much space for increasing speed to get a difference between the weapontyps, so i had to decrease it, but if you decrease speed enough to be noteable... youre fucking slow...
    i'll write a second version with lesser decrease in speed.

9. #9 Zitieren
    I have observed this bug at combatsword levels: 10,9,8,7,6 and combataxe levels 10,9,8,7,6 ( in both situations, when I hit the right mouse button to block- character blocks, but there is no animation of blocking and no movement ). At levels 1,2,3,4,5 everything seems to be fine. I have also observed some negative issues while staff fighting, but I have to test it, then I will let you know.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Ritter
    v0.1.1 fixed parrades and staffmastery 10.
    haven't touched speed yet, i think a can make a eased version til tomorrow.

11. #11 Zitieren
    Big thanks for updating! But it looks like the uploaded archive is empty- I downloaded it twice, and there were no file inside> can you check it?

Greetings

Btw. I am actualy creating some weapons/items balance mod, Im trying to suit it to your combat mod.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Ritter
    well, i hope my modding skills are better than my uploading skills. fixed

sounds great! the weaponmasteries are really a hell of a lot of work.

13. #13 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    I would not make staff fighting particulary more powerful. Instead I would make upgrades cost less lp, while also increasing lp on sword and axe. Staff could cost 8lp per level, while axe and sword could cost 12lp per level.

Attacks should have a chance to break shield blocks. Right now it's power attack, and certain animals that can break, but all attacks should have a certain chance to break block. (You can't defend against moth's infinitely). Same applies for normal block.
    Rather than absolute, there should be a chance to go a different way, and it should be governed by type of attack, and the comparison of strentgh and weapon dmg between the two. In the beginning gnomes can block you, but late game a normal attack will almost always break their block.

I would change how armor negates dmg. Rather than do it directly, it should only do a smaller part directly, while also doing a percentage based negation. Result should be that armor will negate more dmg from a powerful attack, yet make weak attacks slightly more powerful.
    You get a more smooth transition, between damage dealt, and damage taken, which is way more easy to balance.

I would also increase start health, but not increase hp gained per level (pherhaps reduce it to 10). This allows you to make early enemies better, making them not so useless midway through.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline Geändert von RobinHood 13. (24.08.2011 um 00:36 Uhr)

14. #14 Zitieren
    Ritter
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    I would not make staff fighting particulary more powerful. Instead I would make upgrades cost less lp, while also increasing lp on sword and axe. Staff could cost 8lp per level, while axe and sword could cost 12lp per level.
    i don't like privileging a whole weapon type, so no.
    i get the point, staffs are for classes that aren't totally focused on melee fighting but anyway the game should provide the possibility of fighting with staffs on a expert level equivalent to the other weapons.
    if someone doesn't want to master melee combat he's free to do so.

Attacks should have a chance to break shield blocks. Right now it's power attack, and certain animals that can break, but all attacks should have a certain chance to break block. (You can't defend against moth's infinitely). Same applies for normal block.
    never, one of the main things i like in pbs combat systems is the lack of random behavior(the damage dealt isn't too importent for your fighting). also it would require messing around with the engine.
    but i have something in mind to enable every enemy to sometimes break through your parade if you are stupid enough to allow it.

Rather than absolute, there should be a chance to go a different way, and it should be governed by type of attack, and the comparison of strentgh and weapon dmg between the two. In the beginning gnomes can block you, but late game a normal attack will almost always break their block.
    would be nice by all means, but extremely difficult to implement, as it requires serious intrusion into the engine. in my opinion thats not worth it.

I would change how armor negates dmg. Rather than do it directly, it should only do a smaller part directly, while also doing a percentage based negation. Result should be that armor will negate more dmg from a powerful attack, yet make weak attacks slightly more powerful.
    also something i don't like(and again extremely difficult... blah). the(in my opinion) nice thing with absolut influence is, if the attack is too weak, nearly no dmg, as soon as the strength surpasses armor the next few strength increases make a huge differnce.
    You get a more smooth transition, between damage dealt, and damage taken, which is way more easy to balance.
    and boring. (would mean no interesting attack values that provide above average more damage than others)

I would also increase start health, but not increase hp gained per level (pherhaps reduce it to 10). This allows you to make early enemies better, making them not so useless midway through.
    mehhh, thats the wrong way, there shouldn't be much early enemys if you are midway through.

15. #15 Zitieren
    Robin Hood 13 wrote:
    "I would not make staff fighting particulary more powerful. Instead I would make upgrades cost less lp, while also increasing lp on sword and axe. Staff could cost 8lp per level, while axe and sword could cost 12lp per level."

I don't agree with you, this won't make game more ballanced, just more confusing.... Now with Kuchenschlachter mod, I see that I am able to deal with harder lizardmens ( elites or undead ) while fighting with staff and before I was not or it was extremely difficult.

Kuchenschlachter did really great work! Now fighting with every weapon has it's own style, 2handers at level 10 no longer are 1handers, staffs became a fluent weapon and axes hit like axes not like swords...

In my opinion, there is only a need of increasing a bit the overall speed of bastard swords, everything else seems to be done.

Kuchenschlachter created a mod which already is DAMN good, if he could add some more combo moves in future, that mod will be perfect.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Ritter
    v0.1.2 new speed(most cases faster) and fixed some wrong combo finishers

a little explanation:
    -there are about 5 movetypes: forward, side, turn, end and counters(everything below doesn't apply to counters)
    -these moves have different speeds
    -all weapons have in the beginnign slower first moves, "ligth" weapons(1h, 1h+s, bs, staff) loose this by learning weaponmasterie.
    -the difference between a slow move(first sideattack) and a normal move(later side-, first forward, first turn, end) isn't very big and depends on weaponkind(heavier, bigger differnce).
    -the differnce between normal and fast moves(later forward, later turn) is rather big and also depends on weapon kind(heavier, bigger difference*)

*the thought behind that is, a ligth weapon doesn't gain equivalent benefit by momentum as heavy weapons but you first have to learn to use it. so fast moves of the slowest weapon axe+s are really fast(nearly as fast as before). with 1h theres nearly no difference.
    i thought this migth be a very interesting design, as now also heavy weapons can be useful fast, but still slow as fuck on first hit.

Kuchenschlachter did really great work! Now fighting with every weapon has it's own style, 2handers at level 10 no longer are 1handers, staffs became a fluent weapon and axes hit like axes not like swords...
    thanks *blush*

if he could add some more combo moves
    could you explain this a little bit?
    i can't add much, as animations are still not editable and even if they were, i have no understanding of animations grafiks and all other visual stuff.
    so the only way would be using existing animations, but that collides with one of my aims: one animation should always have the same combos, i found it very strange that in original files it makes a difference how you get to a move.(in my mod there is also one exception to that, the slow first moves have a tiny bit other combos than the normal speed version).

17. #17 Zitieren
    Kuchenschlachter- can you tell me which program did you use to open and edit monster statistics, and which files did you edit?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Ritter
    well, i haven't done something like that yet and you know allready what my naive guess was how to do it.(tpledit)
    as far as i know now it can be done like powergamer removed items from npc inventorys and stuff in his unofficial patch. he wrote new commands for minsky console that changed the lrents and saved them again.
    i hadn't time to try that yet, so thats all i "know".

if the masteries are reasonably done(seems like they are) and i have more spare time and weapons are done and and and...

edit: by statistics i understand stuff like strength, armor, hp... until now i only edited the moves of monsters(range, timing...) on one hand thats easy "library export combatspecies" and open the files in raw/library/combatspecies with a texteditor on the other hand its a pain in the ass to change stuff and understand that.
    i'm too bussy at the moment to tell more.

Kuchenschlachter ist offline Geändert von Kuchenschlachter (24.08.2011 um 20:21 Uhr)

19. #19 Zitieren
    So, I have tested your mod for few hours of gameplay- I even started a new game to test it deeply from first to last levels of weapon expertise. My feelings: you created DAMN GOOD mod, it was something I was waiting for a long time to come , but still it has few weaknesses that you could correct to make it AMAZINGLY GOOD . After defeating hundreds of opponents I realised that ( as a complete summary ) from begining lvl 1 sword fighting to lvl 5 we are total pussies and gameplay is much more demanding, but gives more fun too. From level 5 and upper we become very fluent at sword fighting and we can gradually fight stronger monsters. In my opinion there is a significant lack of flow of attacks at lvls 1,2,3,4, and 5 particulary. Please think about adding single twist-right attack after tapping the right "arrow" ( I mean the cursor meant for turning right ) because now there are only two slow side attacks, which have quite long range, but after long testing they turn to be inefficient, especially the right one. If I was you I would keep the left simple attack, but I would replace the right simple attack with single-twist attack. Second thing: I realised that the amount of time needed to block after doing attack is too long and we almost always get hit, no matter which level of sword combat we have learned. Example: we fight skeleton/molerat/war cricket ( no fuckin' matter)- he/she/it does simple attack, we block, then we make attack but
    our attack doesn't crush it's block and then it attacks back and hits us, because usualy there is no time to jump back to avoid the hit and the amount of time needed to block is now too long. Sometimes we can do stumble ( which is very good, but avaiable at higher lvls of mastery ) but only in some situations. Don't get me wrong- I still consider it fantastic modification, but it still needs some corrections. Try to decrease amount of time needed to get from attack to block.

I have tested it playing at hard difficulty level ( because I consider Risen an easy game ) ,with your mod combat is more ballanced and gives more fun, but fighting ghouls ( which in my opinion are overpowered ) with sword fighting level 3-4-5-6 drives into impossible-to-do category of tasks. So I think It would be good idea to add this "left-single-twist-attack" , to balance the combat.

Other thing: can you create animation, when hero holds his 2handed sword the same way as in gothic 1/ gothic 2? That would be rad!

Note: I haven't still tested other masteries of your mod so deeply: 2handed swords/ axes, axes with shields/ staffs etc. , so at the moment I can't say if they are good or bad, but I have played them for a short amount of time and for now they gave me rather good impression. What I can confirm, is the speed of 1 handed swords and bastard swords- it's just right now.

Greetings
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (30.08.2011 um 23:33 Uhr)

20. #20 Zitieren
    Ritter
    well, you have no idea how fucking proud i am to read something like that.

ok, first things first. haha, however i start with the last mentioned, as thats the easiest to answer.

new animations are according to my knowledge totally impossible for anybody(outside pb ) at the moment. the format isn't yet decoded.
    to tell a bit more, i'm also not satisfied in this particular case. onehanded "things" are held in 3 different ways according to your masterie level. as all twohanded "things" originally developed to onehanded there is only one method of holding them.(staffs actually have all 3, but they lack animations for the first one)
    i have to admit til now i never took a look into the packed animation files so i just judged from what they've used in the combatspecies files. actually there are some things present they didn't use but not much usefull for me(by a quick look i found something that might fix one very unimportant problems but it's something i spend a lot of time with thinking of work arounds).

parrying... yeah, i know exactly where this behavior comes from(to be honest, i just didn't think about the result of changing that). i'll fix that asap. but it might be a bit more work(not to change the values but to find the right ones), as the time you are able to block again should heaviely depend on the speed of the move(in my oppinon it would be stupid to be able to stop you're move in the middle). this might be a problem for slow weapons.
    by the way, the reason way you can't avoid the attack by parrying is the same reason you can't avoid it by "strafing" backwards.

side attacks being useless... i already thought about the simple left/right attacks being unattractive(slow, weak, "difficult"), til now i tried to make them interesting by improving their "mobility" and hitangle(rather fucking up the mobility and angle of other moves ). maybe you noticed that you can't turn around freely while an attack, the turn attacks are the worst(actually in my last test i noticed their direction is still too free).
    anyway, i'm not too sure i understand you right, the move by pressing "right-direction"(d)-key and left mousebutten should be replaced by a turn move? (if you actually mean the key for turning right, would be e-key in g2 by default(there is something like that in risen?), means a new 5th attack commad. i'm sure something like that can be done with the sdk, but would take ages.)
    sounds interessting, there are popping ideas into my mind that are really... well, interesting.
    i although thought why should anyone use left and right attacks, actually they are absolutely identical. you could "specialize" on only one direction - bad, why are there 2 if only one is used.
    this is a lot of work. doing it right means changing nearly every moves combos, changeing some timing(a strong opening move has to be slow/ actually the left move would get a speed increase) but i allready know it'll be worth it.
    i can't prommis to give something nice to low levels, i have to spare something for the higher ones.
    too much blahblah, i'll just write something and we'll see.

i'd advice to not use staffs as there's no increased range yet.(one of my missdecissions in the developping process)

the last days i thought much about what to do next... moves for monsters to break parrades, weapon attributes, !additional weapons!, placing them into the game. that's all stuff i never did yet(except the first 2) and i am too bussy and lazy to learn how to do it exactly and there's not much point in balancing weapons with the few available. there are just not enough to do it right.(eg i think there should be a titan 1h sword, a lot more staffs, i'll move the blunt 1h swords to axes...)
    but it's like the first days of my mod, no idea how, no idea what, so määähhh...
    i'm more or less glad to have something to work on i'm familiar with.

oh, there are not many possibilities for getting you wrong. i am very grateful(first post, thanks section) that someones testing my mod and, into the bargain, likes it. since i started modding i never really played risen even a minute(some short testing is nothing like playing) so i have not really an idea how my mod fits into the game.

damn, im really using inflationary.(the last sentence of my sig mean that in german)

edit: usually asap would mean, as i wrote it today 2am, being allready done, but im extremely bussy atm. so don't expect an updated version before friday.

Kuchenschlachter ist offline Geändert von Kuchenschlachter (31.08.2011 um 17:42 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 12 123458 ... Letzte »