Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 12 « Erste 1234569 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 236
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Ritter
    the parade thing should be fixed.
    [Bild: dtc_sig.jpg]

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.
    Kuchenschlachter ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Ritter
    added a little new thingy

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.

3. #23 Zitieren
    Ritter
    something i want to tell you...
    if there's someone out there reading this topic, he might wonder why i work on so much random stuff(exp for pickpocketing, learnpoint stuff...) while i haven't yet touched even point 2 of the todo list.
    well, while thinking about the new balancing i came to the conclusion, there aren't enough weapons to do it right. for me it's extremely anoying to try geting grafical stuff(weaopns) in the game as i have absolutely no idea of things like meshes, textures... fucking hell, i didn't/don't even know that/how mesh and texture are composed in some of the fileformates xmsh buider is able to convert.
    so for now grant me the plesure of some successes in other parts.

new weapons have to be added and i definitly will do that sooner or later.

4. #24 Zitieren
    Ritter
    scirpt for rewarding pickpocketing with some ex is out.
    the amount of xp (100 * difficulty of pickpocketing) is rather big but i think it's apropriate.
    there are about 30 easy pickpocketings, less than 30 medium and about 10 hard. that's altogether about 12000xp(+some quest xp you need pickpocketing for and money = fish food thing = xp) that's in endgame about 1 level against 15lp. should be ok so.

5. #25 Zitieren
    Ritter
    at the moment i'm revicing lp costs:
    MP remains the same
    STR & DEX til 40 every point costs 1lp, 41-80 2lp, 81-120 3lp, 121-160 4lp, 161-200 5lp
    combat skills(bow, sword, staff...) and crystals, til 4 5lp, 5-7 10lp, 8-10 15lp
    magic circles 1 - 5lp, 2 - 10lp, 3 - 15 lp, 4 - 20 lp
    acrobatic 2lp
    alchemy 1 - 5lp, 2 - 10lp, 3 - 15lp (moved biggest healing/mana potions to alchemy 2)
    pickpocketing needs a little bit dex 1 - 20dex, 2 - 40dex, 3 - 60dex

permanent bonuses:
    STR & DEX potions give 3
    It_friedStew_HP gives 4

as best weapons will require about 150 of it's respective status, lp shoud now be really short but level 30 should still be enough to master a weapon, learn enought of the required stat, alchemy, some way to open chests and have enough lp left to learn stuff like smithing or pickpocketing but to get both... yeah, that might be a problem but thats the way it should be.

manacost:
    a cast using runes allways costs half the mana of the respective scroll. remember i'll reduce starting mana to 10 so if you want to use good scrolls you need either a hell of mana increasing equipment or have to invest some lp.
    manacost for scrolls:

ashbeast 100
    berserker 60
    blue barrier 30
    weak heal 30
    medium heal 40
    strong heal 50
    illusion 30
    inferno 80 (requres now about all claw horn and teeth trophys)
    joke 20
    levitate 10
    light 10
    nautilus 10
    openlock 100 (moved to magic ciscle 2)
    protection 40
    red barrier 20
    skeleton 60
    speed 50 (requires now cold heart. it's dead but it has still the power to keep the swamp mummys "running" so we can use it to temporarily increase our stamina. yeah, pretty far-fetched...)
    telekinesis 20

magic missile 8
    fireball 12
    frost crystal 20(frost will do most damage/hit of all magic, because i can't yet change it's damage very much and enemys freeze only with rather low iceprotection so if i want moste enemys to be freezeable i also must accept that frost does much damage)

enabled belschwur and rhobart to teach mana. belschwur teaches till 2000 like any other mana teacher and is unlocked by talking about becoming a mage. rhobart only knows basics he teaches till 40 in order to be able to use the protection scroll.

tried to write a script to decrease starting mana to 10(haven't found any way to do it static and didn't think it'd be worth to search longer for a clean solution). it was very easy like expected, but i haven't yet written a clean copy.

next steps:
    -making the best out of the weapons i have(duplicating goldsword for a titan onehanded sword and making some weapons ingame available: war spear, katana.)
    -monster range, this is a little bit difficult and sounds like less work than it actually is, as it's not done by just changing the actuall range the way more important thing is to modify the ai in a way to utilize range.
    -copying the whole human combatspecies for player so i can change npcmoves independent of player abilities.(it's verry easy to change the used combatspecies) so i can asign some moves to always break parades.

Kuchenschlachter ist offline Geändert von Kuchenschlachter (23.09.2011 um 00:46 Uhr)

6. #26 Zitieren
    Ritter
    weapons are done. it should be ok to use it with the original monster stats, as the overall damge hasn't changed too much(the weapon attack reaching way over 100 compensates the higher cost of str/dex), but it may fuck up combat with humans.(a list of all changes is included in rrb0.2.0)
    there's 1 new sword(titanblade) and 4 original weapons will be obtainable without cheating(Katana(aka dons sword), war spear, stone cutter(axe), war crossbow). i don't know if my informations are right that these weapon's weren't originally available, nevermind. stone cutter and war crossbow are hidden at rather unusual spots, lets say the axe is somewhere on the gyrger island and the crossbow is on the roof of a house.
    i also took a look at rings and amulets, but haven't changed too much jet. that will be done with armors and monster stats.(as there are no more acrobatic rings, do you think there should be additional teachers for it? at the moment only patty teaches it.)

i'm tired as fuck but too lazy/narcissistic to wait till i tested it a little bit more. wanted to release finally something again. some stuff is really done quick and dirty, all inserted weapons have wrong names before picked up i don't know yet how this can be fixed and... well didn't care for now.

i also chenged the first monster stats: vulture_gamestart, stingrat_gamestart, wolf_gamestart. they're protection was decreased to 0 and hp increased for the first 2 to 50 and the the wolf to 60.
    so you need now 5 hits without any weapon, 4 hits with the sickle, 3 hits with staff or rusty sword and 2 with club.

Kuchenschlachter ist offline Geändert von Kuchenschlachter (26.09.2011 um 10:59 Uhr)

7. #27 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    Kuchenschlachter wrote:
    "all inserted weapons have wrong names before picked up i don't know yet how this can be fixed and... well didn't care for now"

Every time when you modify a weapon with Tpledit you have to save it in a different location [ different folder ] ( you shouldn't overwrite the original file ) because a name will be confused/ mixed up in game. I hope that I understood you well.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    Ritter
    i guess it's a problem of storing names also in lrent. shak-otay told us that the tples are more or less also stored in the lrents. as i inserted the items in a guerilia stile(copied a item in risen viewer, moved it to a apropriate location and changed the reference hash in the lrent with a hex editor) there is stuff like the focus name taken from the data in lrent rather than tples.

edit: a few days ago i did a little bit character planning. it seems to be rather good. now you can master 2 weapons and 1 stat if you use every little bit of bonus(permanent and temporary). if you specialize on one weapon you are free to not use temporary stat increases you can for instance use protection rings and/or learn some other stuff. only mages may have really difficultys as magic circles don't provide much offensive spells. so you have either to sacrifice melee fighting abilitys for a crystal or half-assed learn both. well, you could also sacrifice the magic circles but i think with the lowered mana costs they're worth the lp. the skeleton, permanent berserk or protection or speed and of course inferno(i'll do something so in lategame not nearly the whole damage is blocked. in my opinion inferno should be really devastating. 3-4 times should whipe out even groups of strongest enemies).
    on the other hand i'm unsatisfied by the weapons. i still think it sucks ass that there are so few. of course in night of the raven many weapons were never used but it's a important part of a rpg to find different weapon quallitys. the fun of having a ubar sword depends on the comparrison to weapons with equivalent requirements but anyhow worse attributes.
    and i'm also unsatisfied with my lazyness. in addition im very bussy this weekend... at least i cleaned up my data landfill.

edit2: a little story of confusion. i was testing/looking up some stuff ingame and got lost in testing the fighting of standard lizardscouts. had some difficulty but thought with a little bit training they wouldn't be too hard. after the 3-4th death i got a little bit confused: why the hell do there counterparades so fucking much damage and why am i killed by only one normal hit... hard difficulty? no. did i edit their stats? no. hmmm... lets look on one of theire weapons... oh... 200 attack.

edit3: concept for armors and monsters is nearly done, i'll probably try the way powergame used to change lrents: console commands written with sdk and executed in mainmenu.
    this will take a while, as i'm bussy as always and i think it shouldn't be released without reviced combatspecies. but the good news, the result of this will be the releasecandidate.
    i had also some thoughts for magic. while wasting time in discussion section of the forum i read magic compared to g2 would be boring. i thought about it a while and didn't quiet well understand what in g2 might have been better i could also achiev in risen. more spells is a huge piece of work and research probably not worth it compared to other things i have to do... so again improving the diversification of what is already available... and an idea came up: one reason for using different spells in gothic was some spells did extra damage on special enemies. now i remembered there's not really a point in learning/using more than one crystal as they're strong as fuck against anything apart from that it'd be too expensive(lp). so, what about decreasing cost of crystals to lets say 2/3 and making all monsters nearly immune to 1-2 crystals so you'd have big difficulty to come through the game with only one crystal.
    the changes lead also to replacing some monsters as they are in spots you'd have to enter at a stroy progress at witch you wouldn't be able to figth them(giantbug in front of little dungeon below monastary). also some equipment must be made obtainable and replaced(mainly magic protection stuff) as i intend to let lizardpriests more relay on magic and without special protection you would never be able to surviver their attacks.(anti magic amulet will grant 80 protection and so on).
    in the next version the equipment will again be placed in a very rough-and-ready way but later i want to write a few little quests for obtaining that stuff.

edit: i'm still here, just a little bit unmotivated. maybe in 1-2 weeks my working environment gets a little bit better.

edit: last weeks i was very lazy, partly caused by the complexity of the next step. it is one thing to find the right difference between weapontyps(well, i don't know if it's actually right ) and give some random attributes to the weapons(by the way, i'll exchange druid staff and combat staff, it's really stupid to get a weapon so strong so soon). but the attributes for monsters are a totally different story...
    there were some good ideas but i still have to do very basic decissions. for instance, at the moment there are nearly no attackers with blunt weapons, most monsters damage type is edge, and except some friendly npcs there are no impact damage dealers... will i change that? i think i'll do. will impact be limited to ranged weapons(skeletons will reciev bows i think)? there are already blunt ranged weapons, the stuff gnomes throw at you, so why not also impact for melee, it'd perfectly suit scorpions...
    amulet and ring stats, they should be useful, smithed a suitable alternative but no musthave.
    we'll see...

edit: still working on the right stats for monsters... i've done a terrible mistake, after years of "i'd like to have a new pc" i finally bought one. well now it's easier for me to mod risen but... i always wanted witcher 2. the first was a good game not one of my favorits but still some entainment and of course it's drm free so give it a try... well, what can i say, like anyone would expect i was interested in the combat system(i thought fighting in the first game was incredible boring, even worse than hack n slays were you had at least the fun of equipment collecting, wouldn't it be so interesting in other aspects i hadn't finished it). so after tutorial i tried the arena mode, what can i say. it's just awsome. i've spent more time in the arena yet than actually played the story. some stuff is a little bit fucked up, there's not really a point in parrying. nevermind, i have a lot of fun meaning even less time than before for risen modding .
    if deepsilver/pb keeps their steam policy i know now were to go and please god grant me the epiphany to understand why some people prefer witcher 1 combat and think it's in any way tactical.

edit: i'm more or less still(rather again) working on my mod. at the moment i've put monster statistics aside, i hate searching a solution for a problem where no explicit solution, no way to prove it's a solution, let alone a algorithm to find it exists. currently im on the combatspecies.
    by the way i finally found out how to change damage typ of monster attacks.

Kuchenschlachter ist offline Geändert von Kuchenschlachter (16.11.2011 um 18:06 Uhr)

9. #29 Zitieren
    Veteran
    Help.

Could not load script module: Script_StartingMana.dll
    Kraszu ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Ritter
    i'll work on this tomorrow. christmas is a bussy thing.

11. #31 Zitieren
    Ritter
    i finally ound some time to check it... unfortunately i have still no idea what's the reason for that issue. at the moment i'm not even able to trigger the error.
    i tried the uploaded version, my old backup, a recompiled version... all word well. what other .dlls are in your $(Risen)\bin\scripts folder? is risen patched to 1.10?

12. #32 Zitieren
    Veteran
    Zitat Zitat von Kuchenschlachter Beitrag anzeigen
    i finally ound some time to check it... unfortunately i have still no idea what's the reason for that issue. at the moment i'm not even able to trigger the error.
    i tried the uploaded version, my old backup, a recompiled version... all word well. what other .dlls are in your $(Risen)\bin\scripts folder? is risen patched to 1.10?
    Risen is patched to 1.10 with unofficial patch 1.2. I had tried with both English, and Polish version but I got the same error.
    Script_Game.dll
    Script_Game_Patch.dll
    Script_Parade.dll
    Script_PickPocketExp.dll

The game works fine after removing Script_StartingMana.dll . I am only missing on some changes done to magic, right?
    Kraszu ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    Ritter
    right, you start with 40 max mana thats all, but if you consider that important... minsky teach maxmp 10.

interesting, i'll do a clean installation and try it again. i hope it's not related to the different language version. if that's the case i can't test it.

well, it worked also on a fresh installed risen(patch 1.10, with and without unofficial patch 1.2, rrb0.2.0). seems like ican't do anything at the moment.

Kuchenschlachter ist offline Geändert von Kuchenschlachter (03.01.2012 um 17:40 Uhr)

14. #34 Zitieren
    Ritter
    hey jfaron, look to the thanks section.

15. #35 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    Zitat Zitat von Kuchenschlachter Beitrag anzeigen
    hey jfaron, look to the thanks section.
    JFaron ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    Ritter
    well, you may wonder what is this "very active" modder doing the whole time, here you go:
    rrbMagic.7z

to be honest, it doesn't do much, was a hell of a lot of work and screws the balancing more than it helps(at least for now).

what does this do?
    -headshots with bow and crossbow do now 1.5 times damage and hits to extremities do only 2/3 damage
    -frost crystal freezes now depending on damage compared to protection. this is very important for further changes i'm planning. also if anything is frozen by a npc the ai doesn't stop to attack it, doesn't do anything at the moment, as no NPC uses the frost crystal.
    -frost is now able to kill even if the target doesn't freeze.
    -range of fireball slightly increased, and the range increases now with each skill level. (150 + 20 * SkillLevel, originally it had 300 range on level 10)
    -seals increase also slightly the damage of all crystals. 2 points have the same effect as one in the appropriate skill.
    -inferno range increased and damage reworked. inferno doesn't do any damage direktly but starts the burning statuseffect.

burning was already in the original, but hasn't been used. sadly the respective particle effect isn't, so there's no visual indication for burning. my burning has a rather complex behavior, maybe i'll tell you tomorrow.

17. #37 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    Congratulations
    How long did you already work on the magic?
    JFaron ist offline

18. #38 Zitieren
    Ritter
    well, i have no idea. the first thoughts and concepts are rather old(nearly half year). this dll, which will be the backbone of all further changes to magic, took me 3 weeks of rather intensiv work. (of course with the help of baltram)

19. #39 Zitieren
    Waldläufer
    The magic changes are great.How about, not to find the special weapons, but if possible, to implement a new NPC, to buy them there.Perhaps a weapon trader hints at you at "the smuggler", whom you have to find as a new quest?
    Mixtli
    Mixtli ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    Ritter
    someday when or better if everything concerning the balancing is done.

Seite 2 von 12 « Erste 1234569 ... Letzte »