Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 23
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I bought these games for some time, yet I don't have anybody to play with. Is there someone who would like to play these games from the beginning?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    banned
    Are these games really good, or just full of "fetch me those berries" quests, like in WoW?
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    Are these games really good, or just full of "fetch me those berries" quests, like in WoW?
    Well, it is certainly a little better. Not by much, though.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    I have the Guild Wars Platinum box, which has the original Guild Wars plus the Eye of the North addon with it. Played it for a little while, but......meh, gets boring REALLY fast. Probably would be better if I wasn't such a self-centered asshole and liked playing with other real people online, but I like striking it out on my own too much.
    Aetherian ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Aetherian Beitrag anzeigen
    I have the Guild Wars Platinum box, which has the original Guild Wars plus the Eye of the North addon with it. Played it for a little while, but......meh, gets boring REALLY fast. Probably would be better if I wasn't such a self-centered asshole and liked playing with other real people online, but I like striking it out on my own too much.
    So am I, but... maybe it will be better if we played it together, what do you say?
    Maladiq ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    Not tonight, just got off work and I'm dead on my feet but maybe this weekend I could be game. It's 5pm here now just to give you and idea of the time difference.

Maybe that's why I'm liking X3 so much these days, I can set up my game and play the shit out of it when my brain is functioning somewhat efficiently, and on brain-dead days like this I can just boot it up and let it run and have all my factories I own keep generating credits for me autonomously for use some other day when I feel like playing for real again.
    Aetherian ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I bought these games for some time, yet I don't have anybody to play with.
    If I recall correctly, we did some missions on the Fire Islands - pretty much at the end of Prophecies some months ago. We also did some vanquishing in Cantha years ago.^^

Edit: now I remember; it was someone else who plays GW for years and is a regular on WoP. Sorry for confusing you with the other user.

Is there someone who would like to play these games from the beginning?
    Are you starting with a new character? ArenaNet just started a new story telling event in Cantha called Winds of Change. Great developer, great game.

I am very much looking forward to Guild Wars 2 - hoping I see you all there and we can establish an English speaking forum for the game at WoP.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline Geändert von Rashnu (14.07.2011 um 16:27 Uhr)

8. #8 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von Rashnu Beitrag anzeigen
    I am very much looking forward to Guild Wars 2 - hoping I see you all there and we can establish an English speaking forum for the game at WoP.
    Me to, and I would definitely like an english speaking GW2 forum.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    Well uhm... I prefer WoW, although I kinda hate both right now.

The gameplay of guild wars is certainly different. What I really don't like about is that it really limits you A LOT when you go out of cities. Unless you're in a party with someone, you're the only player out there.
    And also: you can't jump
    And the quests aren't really all that great.
    Dino ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    One doesn't play Guild Wars for the sidequests. The primary quests too just serve as a tool to guide the player from A to B. However, these primary quests are good for some laughs.

The instanced world of GW1 presents a world story with the missions. Apart from those the game offers dungeons and high level areas such as the Sorrow's Furnace, the Fissure of Woe and the Underworld (just in Prophecies). The other chapters have similar areas.

However, Guild Wars shines with its PvP concept. It's based on personal skills rather than equipment. Everyone is on a leveled playing field and endless grinding doesn't help you in getting an edge over your competitors. If that's bothering you, GW is not the game for you.^^
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    The gameplay of guild wars is certainly different. What I really don't like about is that it really limits you A LOT when you go out of cities. Unless you're in a party with someone, you're the only player out there.
    And also: you can't jump
    In case you don't know. GW2 is completely different from WoW.

12. #12 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    In case you don't know. GW2 is completely different from WoW.
    I don't really think anybody mentioned GW2 here. At least in no detail.
    I'm actually looking forward to it, from what I've seen it seems great.
    Dino ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    I don't really think anybody mentioned GW2 here. At least in no detail.
    I'm actually looking forward to it, from what I've seen it seems great.
    Hmm looking back at my comment I believe I meant to say Guild Wars 2 is very different from the original. GW2 will not be instance based like the original, it will be a real mmo. It seems you already know this.

14. #14 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Will GW 2 feature a monthly tax, or will it be free to play, just like the first games?
    Maladiq ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    banned
    According to the FAQ list on their site, there will be no monthly fee.

16. #16 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Will GW 2 feature a monthly tax, or will it be free to play, just like the first games?
    Just like the other games - no monthly fee.
    Dino ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master
    You do have to buy the game, but as they said no monthly fee. Unless the... whoever said it is a complete and total liar.

As for GW, I find it very confusing and limited, the only thing I understood about it is that there is some weird war. And the 4 expansions don't help solve that matter.

And GW 2 looks like it will be awesome, saw some gameplay footage from games-con and it looks fun plus you can jump.
    Mage Master ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    banned
    Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen
    whoever said it is a complete and total liar.
    That can't be, since the info was on the game's official site.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#four

19. #19 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master
    Maybe they want the title of the biggest duechbags in the world...

Yeah... I like to over-think somethings.
    Mage Master ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    You do have to buy the game, but as they said no monthly fee. Unless the... whoever said it is a complete and total liar.
    Maybe they want the title of the biggest duechbags in the world...
    What is it with you? Guild Wars never was subscription-based and Guild Wars 2 isn't going to have a subscription either. The devs said this time and again - for years!

If you can't think outside the box of conventional MMOs perhaps you can perceive the one-time retail price for Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 as some sort of lifetime-subscription. You pay once and play as long as you wish. Happy now?
    Rashnu ist offline

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »