Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 3 von 20 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 400
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    I'm curious, will Risen 2 say anything about the mage that banished the gods?
    Bamfy ist offline

banned
    Can you tell us which of the characters from Risen 1 we'll meet in Risen 2, besides Patty and Captain Steelbeard (who's only mentioned in R1)?
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    Can you tell us which of the characters from Risen 1 we'll meet in Risen 2, besides Patty and Captain Steelbeard (who's only mentioned in R1)?
    I can reply: Commandant Carlos. I'm not sure if I heard other names. I don't think so. No one was very important or we got attached to.
    I don't think they'll want to reveal other names if there is to.

The Don and his men, and town folks---> unlikely they'll leave their island

The mages ---> unlikely to leave the flame

but alot can happen in 10 years

Carlos and Patty weren't from the island or even attached to it. I think they were some other few people not from the island (besides the inquisition)

I'd like to see Jan and his wife (the hunters)
    AshleyG ist offline

banned
    Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd like to see Jan and his wife (the hunters)
    You probably mean Henrik and his wife Jasmin. Yeah, it would surely be nice to meet those two hermits and their wolf in Risen 2, as Henrik proved to be of help when finding one of the Crystal Disks. And Jasmin also let the hero use the wolf Rufio in search of druid Eldric ...

And also, it's not impossible to meet the mages, or some of the Don's men. They might come up with a reason good enough for them to move to another island ...

Knight Commander
    Will you make the upper portion of the hero's neck hairy? One of the reasons why some have found his hairstyle girlish from behind might be because the neck looks like it was shaved not two hours ago. Some hair on it will probably look much more natural and manly.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    You probably mean Henrik and his wife Jasmin. Yeah, it would surely be nice to meet those two hermits and their wolf in Risen 2, as Henrik proved to be of help when finding one of the Crystal Disks. And Jasmin also let the hero use the wolf Rufio in search of druid Eldric ...

And also, it's not impossible to meet the mages, or some of the Don's men. They might come up with a reason good enough for them to move to another island ...
    Oh yeah Henrik and Jasmin. I wonder who is Jan? They are cooler than the rest in Risen, smarter too. It's hard to keep Rufio alive, I doubt they were planning on bringing him in the 2.

If the Titan got loose they all left or died, that's probably what will happen...

I hope they will be people from Risen 1, but not someone I don't like (that's almost everybody). Almost everyone-->beurk.
    The ogre you free twice is alright too. I really hope we won't meet people such as Costa...
    AshleyG ist offline

banned
    Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    I wonder who is Jan?
    The lonely guy with a hut you meet during the first minutes of the game. He shows you the way to the Harbor Town and to the Bandit Camp, and he also offers to help Sara.

The ogre you free twice is alright too.
    Yeah, Drok the ogre was nice ... he's the Ur-Shak of Risen.

I really hope we won't meet people such as Costa...
    I wager that only the tough people boarded a ship and flew from the island. The citizens of the town probably stayed there. Costa had a business in town, so I doubt he had reasons to go away from there.

Ranger Avatar von Danbona
    Isn't WOR looking sexy?
    Can you now roll different types of brugleweed?
    Is it necessary to include the "2" in Dark Waters?
    I have to admit that im not as excited about Dark Waters as i was with Risen, it could be about having swords & shields in Risen. But im sure also i could be suprised.
    Danbona ist offline

Knight Avatar von Stalagmite
    One question to rule them all:

Can you gay romance like you can in Skyrim and Dragon Age?
    Stalagmite ist offline

Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master
    So....
    What will the save system be like? I mean can we name our saves or are they automatically named with date and time(or number)? And will they be auto-arranged(as in the newest one goes to the top)?
    Mage Master ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von Quy
    Finally some fresh answers for your questions!

Zitat Zitat von Talek Beitrag anzeigen
    Some questions:

1. Now that we know we are going to have firearms in the game, how will it be reflected in the skill system? I am not asking to disclose the whole mechanism, more or less just how the attributes (strength, dexterity) and skills will be affected.
    2. Knowing how it is all about exploration in PB games, all of the latter had collectable plants which combined into potions would give permanent bonuses. Will this be retained in the game? If so, how will the firearm-based attribute bonus be explained?
    3. Dirty tricks take up an important in the game. What about thieving? Will there be any specific thieving skills? Or only standard and swashbuckler skills?
    4. Will alchemy play a significant role this time around? Or it will be gone?
    5. How much city exploration time can we expect in correlation with the exploration in the wilderness? Will there more time spent in the establishments in R2 than R1 (similar to gothic series) or about the same?
    1.There will be a new attribute named “Firearms” which influence the firearms talents. There are also new firearm skills (which you have to learn from teachers) which will improve for example your causing damage or reload times.
    2.We still have permanent bonus items but I'm afraid that there won't be realistic explanations.
    3.The same skills (but slightly altered) like in Risen 1.
    4.Alchemy is still a part of the game, but no further details right now.
    5.I would say, that it depends on the player behavior. In my personal gaming experience I played about 70 % in the wilderness.

Zitat Zitat von Kraszu Beitrag anzeigen

How does that gives more choices to the player? Will there be spells/skill, weapons, and armours that are exclusive for the guild? By exclusive you mean that you can't join all of them right? So if they have exclusive side quests then the only thing that is left not closed from the player who play it one time is the story, but you will have different companions that will have different knowledge (no?) so there will be still some parts that you will have to play multiple times for, no?
    I'm sorry but I can't add many more details to your quote.
    You will get exclusive side and main quests, exclusive cutscenes and companions dependent by your decisions. So of course you will have to play it more than once to experience all of our game.

Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    One question,

Early reports say that controls have been somewhat changed from the R1, in a way that for example to pick up item, you have to first turn camera, and then navigate player, or something like that. In any case, is there any possibility to have same control scheme as in r1, atleast as settings that has to be enabled? (like there was setting for g1 controls in g2).

You have to turn the player (camera is not enough)to the item to get their focus and to be able to pick them up.
    But we implemented an inofficial ini-entry to bind the camera to the player rotation (while standing still).
    I prefer this inofficial option.

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Is the Gyrger still part of the ingame world folklore?
    I haven't heard of him, in Risen 2.

You mentioned some time ago that the game won't have any brothel. This seems like a bad idea for a game with a pirate setting. My question is: Is there any chance that you will reconsider this idea, and add a brothel in the game?

And will there at least be some hookers around the harbour, even if not organized in a brothel?
    Brothel – no
    Prostitution – yes

Zitat Zitat von MladjanDJ Beitrag anzeigen
    Question, concerning main character starting attributes, skills etc.

Did the nameless one forgot everything he learned on Faranga? If i presume he did and we will be start a game with a measurable weakling, even tough he defeated the titan and all those whatnots in previous game, how is this explained?

Often in RPG's this is explained with some form of a memory loss, as was the case with Gothic 2. So what's now depression joined with heavy drinking? [Bild: alcool30.gif] Although I've heard that attributes are removed from the game, is it true?

Yes, due to his alcohol consumption and lack of adventures, he isn't as strong as at the end of Risen.

Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    Will you make the upper portion of the hero's neck hairy? One of the reasons why some have found his hairstyle girlish from behind might be because the neck looks like it was shaved not two hours ago. Some hair on it will probably look much more natural and manly.
    I see what you mean, but there won't be any changes.

Zitat Zitat von Stalagmite Beitrag anzeigen
    One question to rule them all:
    Can you gay romance like you can in Skyrim and Dragon Age?

Romance and PB games... I still wait for that.

Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen
    So....
    What will the save system be like? I mean can we name our saves or are they automatically named with date and time(or number)? And will they be auto-arranged(as in the newest one goes to the top)?
    You can name your save games individually and yes it will be auto-arranged by date.

Best regards
    Quy
    PB 3D-Artist
    Quy ist offline

Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von Quy Beitrag anzeigen
    You have to turn the player (camera is not enough)to the item to get their focus and to be able to pick them up.
    But we implemented an inofficial ini-entry to bind the camera to the player rotation (while standing still).
    I prefer this inofficial option.
    Is there any hope of this unofficial tweak being extended to movement and combat mode as well?

I haven't heard of him, in Risen 2.
    Not a surprise, that. After all, the Gyrger was local to Faranga and was killed in Risen 1.

I see what you mean, but there won't be any changes.
    In that case, I hope that the file formats for the archive files and the texture files haven't really changed between Risen and Risen 2. The sooner someone makes the protagonist a hairy neck, the better.
    Nisarg ist offline

Local Hero
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    No. The biggest change (by headcount) was in fact between Gothic 1 and Gothic 2. Do those games feel like having been done by different developers?

Fluctuation has been low since then. The team has grown continually (from 13 at the onset of Gothic 2 to around 25 now) but the original core team remains unchanged.
    Hmm. OK.

Well, I'd still like to say goodbye to Sascha Henrichs and wish him well on his future endeavours.

And to answer your question: To be honest, yes. Gothic and Gothic 2 felt like they had been made by two different teams. One was a personal tale that was highly original (I had never played an RPG before that was not explicitly about saving the world), while the other was about.. saving the world. It felt like two different teams with two different views on what RPG's should be about. I loved the more personal tale of the original Gothic, by the way.

The reason I originally asked this question is that Risen felt a little bit like a game trying to emulate Gothic. From what I've read about Risen 2, it stays even further from what made me love the first Gothic games even more. I don't know this of course, so I may be very wrong.
    mkreku ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von mkreku Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, I'd still like to say goodbye to Sascha Henrichs
    As he's not leaving, the well meant wishes are moot...
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    What's the team's opinion about Skyrim?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Knight Commander
    Do you have cliff overhangs and short tunnels in Risen 2?
    Nisarg ist offline

Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix
    How would team rate Risen 2: on a level of first two Gothics, higher or lower?

and

Do you have plans for your next project already and what will it be? If no, would you also accept opinion of your fans about what you should do next?
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...
    DonPhoenix ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    Do you think there`s even a 5% chance that you will make another gothic game in the future??
    warstrike ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von Quy
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    What's the team's opinion about Skyrim?
    Some of us (including me) really enjoy playing Skyrim. It's a very big world with a lot of quests and interactivity. However the graphics and the interface on the PC aren't as good as the rest of the game - my personal opinion as a gamer.

Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you have cliff overhangs and short tunnels in Risen 2?
    Yes, indeed!

Zitat Zitat von DonPhoenix Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you have plans for your next project already and what will it be? If no, would you also accept opinion of your fans about what you should do next?
    I really doubt, that one of our projects will ever be decided by a poll of our fans.

Zitat Zitat von Dragon Born Beitrag anzeigen
    What about risen 3? will you make one if risen 2 sells good?
    Oh come on, do you really expect an answer? Risen 2 isn't even out yet.

Quy
    PB 3D-Artist
    Quy ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    How would you compare the size of your world to skyrim's?

As the landmass loaded at any single time is clearly a few times smaller than skyrim's, would you say the game runs better and on less powerful systems than that game?

What about quest density compared to tes v?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 3 von 20 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »