Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 20 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 400
    Ranger Avatar von Danbona
    Hello Quy (),
    I'm putting some questions here & activating forum.
    With (will) the news of the new "R" rating in Australia have any positive impact on some of the game content.
    Cheers with that, Dan
    Danbona ist offline

Ranger
    It is obvious that developers are not going to release any more patches (or a modkit) for Risen. Yet even without a modkit it is possible for community to fix many issues still present in Risen by themselves. Unfortunately in some situations it is hard to unambiguously determine what was the intended behaviour. Can someone from PB clarify it for the issues described below please?

1. Amulet of the Holy Flame (It_Am_Prot) has the following description: "This amulet was given to me by the mages." ("Dieses Amulett wurde mir von den Magiern verliehen."). That description corresponds with the fact that player receives this amulet upon completion of "Assisting the Mages" ("Unterstützung der Magier", see Inquisitor_MagicSupport.xqst and FILLERX2_01228.xinf) quest. Yet this amulet is also available on sale from Cyrus starting from Chapter 4. So which one of this is a bug - description of the amulet is incorrect (it should not imply that the amulet was given by mages, since a player that joined Don cannot complete "Assisting the Mages" quest and can only buy this amulet) or this amulet should not be on sale from Cyrus (and as such be mages exclusive item)?

2. Take a look at KALVERAMX2B_00491.xinf and children dialog lines (KALVERAMX2B_00481.xinf, KALVERAMX2B_00492.xinf, KALVERAMX2B_00493.xinf, KALVERAMX2B_00494.xinf, KALVERAMX2B_00495.xinf, KALVERAMX2B_00553.xinf, KALVERAMX2B_00633.xinf). On one hand Walter provides player with info about how many obsidian ore is needed for the blanks as following:
    - in Chapter 1 and 2 only for one-handed sword;
    - in Chapter 3 also for bastard sword;
    - in Chapter 4 also for two-handed sword.
    On the other hand Walter trades player obsidian blanks in exchange for ore as following:
    - blank for one-handed sword in any chapter;
    - blank for bastard sword starting from Chapter 2;
    - blank for two-handed sword starting from Chapter 4;
    As you can see there is a discrepancy on chapters with regard to obsidian bastard sword. So the question is when the player was intended to get access to bastard obsidian sword - starting from chapter 2 or 3?
    PowerGamer ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Danbona Beitrag anzeigen
    With (will) the news of the new "R" rating in Australia have any positive impact on some of the game content.
    No. Will not change a thing on our side. Either it gets released down under or it doesn't. Entirely up to the (strange) local authorities.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von Quy
    Hey there!

Zitat Zitat von nirolF Beitrag anzeigen
    1.What is the name of the eye patched pirate from the screenshots?
    2. Reloading is done automatically when the weapon is empty or do you have to press a key?
    3.Are there weapons with multiple charges? Can you reload a half full weapon or do you have to empty it first?
    1)I need a link to a screenshot. But I think Maladiq has already answered you question.
    2)The weapon will be reloaded automatically.
    3)Yes you can reload you half full weapon.

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Are you going to use more prerendered cutscenes in the game and on their quality? I am concerned because the ending cutscene in Risen was just pathetic, it would have looked far better rendered in real time.
    We are mainly using ingame cutscenes. And they look really good.

Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    Will characters have a deeper background and a bigger importance in the game compared to the ones in Risen 1?

In R1, the only character who had a significant importance was Patty. I hope that in R2 characters will be more helpful and memorable and that the hero will make friends with more people.
    Yes, indeed!

Zitat Zitat von Talek Beitrag anzeigen
    Random Question:

If you look at World of Risen's homepage topbar, you see a port-town. Will we be able to see a city of such magnitude in the game (in terms of size, width, population/density, etc.)?

As I take it the size of the town in question is bigger than Khorinis, can we expect that?
    No, I'm afraid there won't be any towns bigger than Khorinis.

Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm referring to the English localization now. Will the returning characters have the same voice as in R1? The hero in the trailer is the same actor, so I assume he's going to do the game dialogs as well. What about Patty (Lena Headey seems to be pretty busy these days) or Esteban (John Rhys-Davies, if his character is back)?
    Sorry, I don't know this.

Zitat Zitat von Andante Beitrag anzeigen

Will at least one of these creatures, items or features appear in Risen 2? Gnomes, Transform into Parrot, Skeletons, Undead Lords, Gorillas, Summon Monkey, Gnome Village, invisibility spell

Yes, at least one of your listed things will appear in Risen 2.

Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Piranhas

Long time no see (at least for me). I have a question regarding game development in general, not necessarily Risen. As I understand you simply got together and made Gothic back in 98 as a leap of faith in the gaming industry, you probably have a lot of insight on starting out as game designers.

I'm currently waiting to be accepted into a Technical Artist university here in Sweden - I'll get the note next thursday or friday - which includes education in 3D-modelling and programming. Would you share some of what you've learned about working as a game developer and starting out as a freshman like myself? What's there to keep in mind? Any golden rules?

My inspiration is Gothic and, hopefully, I'll be able to create full-3D RPG's myself one day.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Already counting on hard work

UPDATE: I was accepted into the university just the other day! Game industry, here I come.
    Congratulations TheDoctor!

I have one tip for you:
    Networking is very important, espacially in the game industry!

See ya

Quy
    PB 3D-Artist
    Quy ist offline

@ anyone: I'm after Piranha bytes shirts that arent in WOR shop?
    Danbona ist offline

Knight
    I have a question more for the programmers. Does Risen 2 employ a component-based entity system, or does it use a hierarchical one? If it's the former, since when have you been using component-based entity systems in your games?
    paulcmnt ist offline

Local Hero
    I have a question, not so much about Risen 2 but more about Piranha Bytes..

With the influx of new talent and departure of old friends, does Piranha Bytes still feel like the team that created the Gothic games, internally?

I'm wondering because so many people have left the team since the first Gothic game that it might as well be a different developer by now! Also, since the first Gothic is very close to my ideal game and Risen 2 (from what I've read about it) is.. not so close. Something within Piranha Bytes seems to be changing.
    mkreku ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    No. Will not change a thing on our side. Either it gets released down under or it doesn't. Entirely up to the (strange) local authorities.
    Is there discarded censored content which you may reconsider adding?
    Danbona ist offline

Fighter Avatar von Saberstorm
    I really liked Risen, except for one thing. I hate the final boss battle. Whenever I play through Risen, I never bother to finish as the boss battle is so uncharacteristic of the rest of the game. I just adventure to opening the gates, then stop.

So my question is: Will Risen 2 have a better ending that Risen 1? Do not give us another dull titan fight. At least make it like G2NOTR where their was some real drama.
    "Don't throw stones at every dog that barks at you" George Silver
    Saberstorm ist offline

banned
    DITO to that. If we will have a titan fight, make it more rewarding. I'd like to see something like the titan (or whichever final boss you'll choose) having a dialogue with the hero, revealing a secret to him, things like that ... Something like the fight against the Undead Dragon in G2 was.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Danbona Beitrag anzeigen
    Is there discarded censored content which you may reconsider adding?
    No.4
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Warrior
    Some questions:

1. Now that we know we are going to have firearms in the game, how will it be reflected in the skill system? I am not asking to disclose the whole mechanism, more or less just how the attributes (strength, dexterity) and skills will be affected.
    2. Knowing how it is all about exploration in PB games, all of the latter had collectable plants which combined into potions would give permanent bonuses. Will this be retained in the game? If so, how will the firearm-based attribute bonus be explained?
    3. Dirty tricks take up an important in the game. What about thieving? Will there be any specific thieving skills? Or only standard and swashbuckler skills?
    4. Will alchemy play a significant role this time around? Or it will be gone?
    5. How much city exploration time can we expect in correlation with the exploration in the wilderness? Will there more time spent in the establishments in R2 than R1 (similar to gothic series) or about the same?
    Talek ist offline

Veteran
    http://pc.rpgsite.net/articles/302-r...ble-discussion

"RPGSite: With Risen 1, the ability to join factions played a big part in the amount of depth the game had for players. Are the factions still important to the game, and if so, how will they will work and what have you done to make them more engaging in the sequel?
    Daniel: Factions are certainly different in our new game. Risen 1 let you join one of three factions and gave you a unique look on the story. Risen 2 on the other hand gives players far more choices. In the first game, when players chose a faction, players felt like it only let them see a third of the game and not the full game - they missed out on important events like the Inquisition and the wizards and their views of the plot. They basically had to play the game 3 different times in order to get it.

In Risen 2, you will always be a pirate. During development, we decided early that we wanted to make the game appeal to gamers in a much more attractive way. Risen 1 was a neutral space with an indistinguishable interface because the developers didn't know what faction the player would choose. Risen 2's UI is very pirate-focused. There are different factions and exclusive quests for each of them. You also gain multiple companions based on the factions that you choose to be a part of. We want to give choice, but don't close gamers off from the game."

How does that gives more choices to the player? Will there be spells/skill, weapons, and armours that are exclusive for the guild? By exclusive you mean that you can't join all of them right? So if they have exclusive side quests then the only thing that is left not closed from the player who play it one time is the story, but you will have different companions that will have different knowledge (no?) so there will be still some parts that you will have to play multiple times for, no?
    Kraszu ist offline Geändert von Kraszu (17.08.2011 um 19:15 Uhr)

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von mkreku Beitrag anzeigen
    With the influx of new talent and departure of old friends, does Piranha Bytes still feel like the team that created the Gothic games, internally?
    Yes.

Zitat Zitat von mkreku Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm wondering because so many people have left the team since the first Gothic game that it might as well be a different developer by now!
    No. The biggest change (by headcount) was in fact between Gothic 1 and Gothic 2. Do those games feel like having been done by different developers?

Fluctuation has been low since then. The team has grown continually (from 13 at the onset of Gothic 2 to around 25 now) but the original core team remains unchanged.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Knight
    One question,

Early reports say that controls have been somewhat changed from the R1, in a way that for example to pick up item, you have to first turn camera, and then navigate player, or something like that. In any case, is there any possibility to have same control scheme as in r1, atleast as settings that has to be enabled? (like there was setting for g1 controls in g2).
    Zocky ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Is the Gyrger still part of the ingame world folklore?
    Powaz ist offline

banned
    You mentioned some time ago that the game won't have any brothel. This seems like a bad idea for a game with a pirate setting. My question is: Is there any chance that you will reconsider this idea, and add a brothel in the game?

And will there at least be some hookers around the harbour, even if not organized in a brothel?

Warrior Avatar von André Feroi
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    You mentioned some time ago that the game won't have any brothel ...
    Source ?
    Last info I have noticed is from Quy on 01.09.2010: "I have not seen models of prostitutes, but the chances to visit a brothel in Piranha Bytes games are in general not bad." (source).
    But this was a while ago and the answer rather vague => I would like to update my fact list.
    André Feroi ist offline Geändert von André Feroi (23.08.2011 um 13:35 Uhr) Grund: added source URL

banned
    Zitat Zitat von André Feroi Beitrag anzeigen
    Source ?
    Last info I have noticed is from Quy on 01.09.2010: "I have not seen models of prostitutes, but the chances to visit a brothel in Piranha Bytes games are in general not bad." (source).
    But this was a while ago and the answer rather vague => I would like to update my fact list.
    Here.

Veteran Avatar von MladjanDJ
    Question, concerning main character starting attributes, skills etc.

Did the nameless one forgot everything he learned on Faranga? If i presume he did and we will be start a game with a measurable weakling, even tough he defeated the titan and all those whatnots in previous game, how is this explained?

Often in RPG's this is explained with some form of a memory loss, as was the case with Gothic 2. So what's now depression joined with heavy drinking? [Bild: alcool30.gif] Although I've heard that attributes are removed from the game, is it true?
    Brothers what we do in life echos in Eternity
    MladjanDJ ist offline

Seite 2 von 20 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »