Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 21 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 401
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Nefekto

Nefekto ist offline
    [Bild: jacquette-la-noire-xbox-360.jpg]

L.A. Noire

It was a good game with a good ending, but unfortunately I don't see myself replaying the game any time soon.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite

Stalagmite ist offline
    ^I knew that game would not be worth buying. I have the predatory instincts of a hawk when it comes to paying full price for a game. That game is worth renting and renting only but millions of suckers paid for their own copy.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume Beitrag anzeigen
    So you prefer the 40-60 minute load instead?

Doubt that'd be the problem.
    I got the DVD version and mine loads fine.
    Maybe you have a much faster net connection or you might maintain your system very well. (Apart from having WinXP on a system that's even close to the minimum requirements of The Witcher 2 )
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe you have a much faster net connection or you might maintain your system very well. (Apart from having WinXP on a system that's even close to the minimum requirements of The Witcher 2 )
    Net connection isn't needed for The Witcher 2 (except on first run to activate it). Plus my rig is 2½-3 years old now (with barely any defragging done).

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume Beitrag anzeigen
    Net connection isn't needed for The Witcher 2 (except on first run to activate it). Plus my rig is 2½-3 years old now (with barely any defragging done).
    i have no problems with load times either, this here is a real rpg though, it is not too easy at last

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    So, how's the gameplay? Are the controls more direct or is the game still Neverwintery?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    So, how's the gameplay? Are the controls more direct or is the game still Neverwintery?
    left mouse button - fast attack
    right mouse button - strong attack

you can doge or parry, i find myself doging all the mine, boms are employed easier

you can't just click all the time, you take lots of damage and even some if you parry, the doge makes you almost invincible for a while

in some boss fights there are quick time events

you damage only the enemy you target though i have spotted a talent that will give me some splash damage

the signs are the same although you get them all in the begging

you have 3 main skill trees (alchemy, swordsmanship and magic) which give you various bonuses and a 'basic' one in which you have to spend your first 6 skill points before unlocking the rest, every skill has to levels, some of them have 'mutagen' slots which can be enhance your character as a whole with mutagens you find on dead beasts (like +2 armor or stuff)

so far it has been quite hard for me as i had gotten used to the really easy combat of other games but now it's all coming back

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    You also get "Abilities" (kind of like perks from Fallout 3/New Vegas) that grant you damage bonus against certain monsters or other useful things.They are usually obtained through key parts in the game (for instance,you improve your persuasion or intimidation ability by using them in a conversation,or you can improve your knowledge of a certain monster by killing many of that kind)
    However,there usually seems to be a delay between using a strong attack and a quick one,or other combinations (for instance,if you attack with a strong attack and try using a quick one after that,sometimes it will take one second to perform,and in this time the enemy can start hitting you many times.Same happens when you are trying to roll after you hit a monster)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29

Stalagmite ist offline
    So the game is great but it suffers from attack combo issues. That in itself knocks it down to an 8, because it encourages backing up after every attack. Unlike Gothic 1 and 2, where your combos were devastating when you leveled your skill up.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i don't really think this is an issue

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    General Avatar von Sakabato

Sakabato ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Stalagmite Beitrag anzeigen
    So the game is great but it suffers from attack combo issues. That in itself knocks it down to an 8, because it encourages backing up after every attack. Unlike Gothic 1 and 2, where your combos were devastating when you leveled your skill up.
    Indeed...Nothing is better than Gothic 1 and Gothic 2...Not even Gothic 1 and Gothic 2...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32

Stalagmite ist offline
    I'm no fanboy. However, looking at the website that I'm posting on, I thought it appropriate to make comparisons with such titles.

It just seems kind of bad that you can't small/heavy swing combo, that just means it's only worth upgrading one or the other, not both.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    I'm no fanboy. However, looking at the website that I'm posting on, I thought it appropriate to make comparisons with such titles.

It just seems kind of bad that you can't small/heavy swing combo, that just means it's only worth upgrading one or the other, not both.
    well I can just fine...

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34

Stalagmite ist offline
    They should have made some cool combos which require upgrades from both light and heavy swings you know. A combo for a combo. I'll probably get it for PS3 once it comes around if I'm burned out on other games at that time I just like nitpicking when people allow themselves to be whored out by the industry, which happens more often than not.

Anyway I'm still on Demon's Souls and I'm finding that the poison area to be quite difficult even on soul level 80, just gotta find the right tactics for my build, which is really the actual challenge in this game to be honest.

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Apprentice

riderofsmaug ist offline
    I'm currently playing Fable:The Lost Chapters. Stupid game, really. Extremely easy. I've finished around 40% of the game and never even died once.

[Bild: 027tn.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can't help but contrast this with the other excellent RPGs like Neverwinter Nights and Gothic, where dying is extremely common.
    My experiences in Computer RPG gaming can be found at my homepage here: http://crpgamers.wordpress.com/

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36

Stalagmite ist offline
    [Bild: 0.jpg]

Just beat Demon's Souls!

You get to start over, with tougher enemies, too bad they still drop the standard souls but I suppose it'd be too easy otherwise.

Doubt I'll keep hacking at it anytime soon, so much other things to play.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    They should have made some cool combos which require upgrades from both light and heavy swings you know. A combo for a combo. I'll probably get it for PS3 once it comes around if I'm burned out on other games at that time I just like nitpicking when people allow themselves to be whored out by the industry, which happens more often than not.

Anyway I'm still on Demon's Souls and I'm finding that the poison area to be quite difficult even on soul level 80, just gotta find the right tactics for my build, which is really the actual challenge in this game to be honest.
    from what i know so far you upgrade the whole style, not the separate ways of attacking (like + 15% damage or the ability to counterattack) and there are some advanced attacks which require adrenaline, which can only be obtained later in the skill trees (like the second to last talent for swordsmanship is to get adrenaline from sword blows, and the second to last from alchemy is to get adrenaline while intoxicated)

it is an elegant decision imo, gives you something to look forward too while still not feeling like a cripple while leveling up

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    [Bild: the-witcher-2-screenshots-bilder__7_.jpg]

I'm still on The Witcher 2, and I think I'll still be on it for a month or so. I'm currently in chapter 2 and it's so great ... It has everything it needs to keep you hooked to it: fantasy, political intrigues, boss fights, the romance with Triss Merigold ... And the good part is that I sense it can be replayed at least once more, as chapter 2 seems to be different if you choose to support Iorveth than if you choose to support Roche.

I just can't believe I'm finally playing a good RPG after the so many failures this genre's been having lately.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Just finished Witcher 2,and I must say I have been greatly impressed! I haven't played a game with such a well-told story in a long time.Apart from some combat hitches,the gameplay was excellent and challenging! The ending,however,was in my opinion a worse cliffhanger than the one from Arcania.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Adventurer Avatar von MrGookles

MrGookles ist offline
    Well, I took my time now, and bought Gothic 1 which I never played before... trying to play all the Gothics, from 1 to 3 (2 and 3 again). But a little Banjo-Kazooie for the old Nintendo 64 won't be bad

Seite 2 von 21 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »