Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 43

[English] Discussion

1. #1 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Lazor
    Zitat Zitat von Orcinus Orca Beitrag anzeigen
    Welcome!
    Your german is quite good. You're right, AoM is such a wonderful strategy game.
    Is it true that you're live in Athens? Maybe you'll let us have some impressions of it.

Willkommen!
    Dein Deutsch ist recht gut. Du hast Recht, AoM ist ein wunderbares Strategiespiel.
    Ist es wahr, dass du in Athen lebst? Vielleicht kannst du uns einige Eindrücke davon zukommen lassen.
    Hello

Thanks a lot . Yes the Grammatik is quite hard but it is very similar to the ancient Greek one, so modern Greeks who know good Ancient Greek (I'm not one of them ) can easily learn German.
    I can make small sentences but unfortunately I'm not good enough to express a "full" opinion written in German . So, I'll answer in English. I hope that's not a problem.
    Oh yeah, and yesterday I took my B2 German-Zeugnis from the Goethe Institut in Athens .

Anyway, on-topic again.
    I'm a great fan of ancient Greece, and especially ancient Greek mythology . But unfortunately everything that has to do with Greek mythology these days is completely "mythologically" wrong. For example the TV series Xena, Hercules or the games God of War, Age of Mythology, are totally wrong. In order to become better and more enjoyable they change the greek mythology - that's normal, but I get really disappointed when I meet people (even Greeks!) who believe that Xena was a real mythological figure, Hera was evil and things like that .

Rise of the Argonauts , just like every American product, has changed the story of the Greek myths BUT fortunately, even with those changes, it "respects" the Greek mythological world. Other games or tv series show ancient greece as a brutal world where only the main hero is the good guy and everything else is corrupted. That's the most disrespectful thing they could do. But in Rise of the Argonauts on the other hand, you could still see the beauty and the greatness of the Greek mythology (at least that's the impression I got from what I've read and seen so far). So I'd really want to play this game .

And as for me, yes I live in Athens. Modern Athens is unfortunately ugly. You can't find any green areas (parks etc) and everything is grey... The only beautiful part of Athens is the area around Acropolis. The Parthenon looks magical especially during the night, and the rest archaeological places are also very interesting. Unlike Rome, most (not all) Athenian "great" structures (ancient temples, shrines etc) are either buried under modern Athens or they're destroyed by barbarians, fanatical byzantine christians (), turks or by the time (compared to ancient Rome structures, ancient Greek structures are about 500-1000 years older).

Personally I don't think you need more than 3 days to "enjoy" and visit Athens landmarks. The greek islands are the ones that really worth our time . And also places like Delphi or Olympus are great too! The interesting thing about Greece is that every place is connected somehow to mythology, legends and ancient history.

Well, that's all! If you have any questions about greek mythology or greek history they are my favorite subjects for discussion so ask me .
    Lazor ist offline Geändert von Lazor (21.10.2008 um 13:21 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Herakles
    Zitat Zitat von Lazor Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello
    Anyway, on-topic again.
    I'm a great fan of ancient Greece, and especially ancient Greek mythology . But unfortunately everything that has to do with Greek mythology these days is completely "mythologically" wrong. For example the TV series Xena, Hercules or the games God of War, Age of Mythology, are totally wrong. In order to become better and more enjoyable they change the greek mythology - that's normal, but I get really disappointed when I meet people (even Greeks!) who believe that Xena was a real mythological figure, Hera was evil and things like that .
    Welcome in the Forum about Rise of The Argonauts

First to your statement to Xena and anything else. Yes i find it very sad too, that some persons has to prouce a product like that which doesn,t compare wiht the orginal mythology. So the people who watch that really think that this is true. But it there are games like Titan Quest which have many things which are true. When you talk in the game with NPCs you become a storz which is true to the real mythologz. The whole game is new, but have many aspects like that.

I find it very interessting that you live in Athen i would really like to visit it but i hope zou are not angry when i say that i prefer Sparta. When i have my A-levels i visit Greece and enjoy as much as i can. I hope you were patient that the release of Rota is not fixed because I,am not patient enough and want start playing this game although they changed the story. I hope we have many fun with you in forum and enjoy.

PS. I hope you understand mz English because I,am onlz in class 11 and have two years more. Then i can talk better English. And sorry for English tastatur which changes z to y and y to z.

Mfg Herakles
    Herakles ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Dank Rafft
    Gast
    WOW! Thanks for your detailed post. It all sounds very impressive and is going to get me to be more impatient for RotA.

4. #4 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Herakles
    But it there are games like Titan Quest which have many things which are true. When you talk in the game with NPCs you become a storz which is true to the real mythologz. The whole game is new, but have many aspects like that.
    I haven't play Titan Quest so I don't really know if the stories NPCs told you were "real". But at least in Rise of the Argonauts you can find many inaccuracies. First of all the whole story of the argonauts is wrong. Alcmene is the mother of Herakles not the wife of Jason (his wife was the sorceress Medea). Also Pan was a god and not an argonaut (nor did Medusa was an argonaut, nor was Perseus the brother of Medusa - he was the one who killed her ). But as I said before Rise of the Argonauts is accurate concerning the mythological world atmosphere. And furthermore, you, the rest members of this forum and the developers seem to be aware that this is not the real story, so there's nothing to worry about .

I find it very interessting that you live in Athen i would really like to visit it but i hope zou are not angry when i say that i prefer Sparta. When i have my A-levels i visit Greece and enjoy as much as i can.
    Well, of course I'm not angry (Athens and Sparta have solved their disagreements 2500 years ago ). But if there wasn't Athens in ancient Greece then probably ancient Greek civilization would not be something special. The only thing Spartans did was to train and fight. Everything else wasn't important or necessary for them. But Athenians on the other hand, gave birth to democracy, theater, architecture, philosophical ideas and many other things. Also Athenians knew hot to enjoy life (there were feasts everywhere, all the time).

PS. I hope you understand mz English because I,am onlz in class 11 and have two years more. Then i can talk better English. And sorry for English tastatur which changes z to y and y to z.
    No problem Your english is good and understandable so there's nothing to worry about . Also it's good that you use the name Herakles (the greek name) instead of the name Hercules (which is the latin version of the name).

WOW! Thanks for your detailed post. It all sounds very impressive and is going to get me to be more impatient for RotA.
    You're welcome Orcinus Orca.
    Lazor ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Mantikor
    Hello

Thanks a lot . Yes the Grammatik is quite hard but it is very similar to the ancient Greek one, so modern Greeks who know good Ancient Greek (I'm not one of them ) can easily learn German.
    I can make small sentences but unfortunately I'm not good enough to express a "full" opinion written in German . So, I'll answer in English. I hope that's not a problem.
    Oh yeah, and yesterday I took my B2 German-Zeugnis from the Goethe Institut in Athens .

Anyway, on-topic again.

Rise of the Argonauts , just like every American product, has changed the story of the Greek myths BUT fortunately, even with those changes, it "respects" the Greek mythological world. Other games or tv series show ancient greece as a brutal world where only the main hero is the good guy and everything else is corrupted. That's the most disrespectful thing they could do. But in Rise of the Argonauts on the other hand, you could still see the beauty and the greatness of the Greek mythology (at least that's the impression I got from what I've read and seen so far). So I'd really want to play this game .

And as for me, yes I live in Athens. Modern Athens is unfortunately ugly. You can't find any green areas (parks etc) and everything is grey... The only beautiful part of Athens is the area around Acropolis. The Parthenon looks magical especially during the night, and the rest archaeological places are also very interesting. Unlike Rome, most (not all) Athenian "great" structures (ancient temples, shrines etc) are either buried under modern Athens or they're destroyed by barbarians, fanatical byzantine christians (), turks or by the time (compared to ancient Rome structures, ancient Greek structures are about 500-1000 years older).

Personally I don't think you need more than 3 days to "enjoy" and visit Athens landmarks. The greek islands are the ones that really worth our time . And also places like Delphi or Olympus are great too! The interesting thing about Greece is that every place is connected somehow to mythology, legends and ancient history.

Well, that's all! If you have any questions about greek mythology or greek history they are my favorite subjects for discussion so ask me .
    Welcome Lazor
    I´am also a Greek Fan too and i thin that we dont can learn enough about the old Greeks. That thing with Xena is interesting because i think that the TV-Serie was realy good and the Cstumes and the Charakters are looked very good.
    But there is only one thing that i want to know:
    how old where you as you begin to like the Greek-Mythologie

PS: sorry my English is very bad but i hope you unterstand what i mean
    Hoch lebe Bio Ware
    Mantikor ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Dank Rafft
    Gast
    Alcmene is the mother of Herakles not the wife of Jason
    Hehe, you fall for it.

Alcmene (true Mythology) is the mother of Herakles Alceme (RotA) is Jason's wife.

7. #7 Zitieren
    Alcmene (true Mythology) is the mother of Herakles ≠ Alceme (RotA) is Jason's wife.
    Ooooops ! My fault, sorry

how old where you as you begin to like the Greek-Mythologie
    Hmm.. I can't remember. Well, my first contact with the Greek mythology took place when I was still a little kid (maybe 3-4 years old). My first books that my parents used to read to me to make me sleep had to do not only with little forest animals, but with some Greek myths too. I do still have some of those books hidden somewhere in my library (and one of them has to do with Jason ).

But I began to like it when I began to understand it , although I'm not really sure when that happened. I think that when Age of Mythology was released (4 years ago) I got addicted to that game (it's one of my favorites) and that's how my interest for the Greek mythology appeared. Then I bought some books and now, that I'm older, I can use Internet and other sources in order to learn more things about mythology. By the way, right now I'm 16 (almost 17) years old.
    Lazor ist offline Geändert von Lazor (21.10.2008 um 23:04 Uhr)

8. #8 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Herakles
    I have too many books. It's impossible to coutn all in 5 minutes. I have bought many and get many present which were such books. I read all lot of mythology. It takes a long time to read all the stories and i read many stories more than once a time but i read not all because many are very difficult to find and there were so many stories. What I don't like is that the Romans copy the story of the Greeks and only change the Gods. The Romans have not so many stories ( I think only 2) and so they copy all.
    But back to the mythology of Greece. The best story is the "Odysse". The mani character is Odysseus(Οδυσσεύς), who i like best of alle heroes of the Greeks and the story is the best and i read this very often.
    I hope i can soon visit Greece and visit all the landmark of it and remember all the stories. I want to see where Achilleus lived and anything else.

Hehe, you fall for it.

Alcmene (true Mythology) is the mother of Herakles Alceme (RotA) is Jason's wife.
    Don't worry Lazor. I thought that too at beginning.
    Herakles ist offline Geändert von Herakles (22.10.2008 um 14:49 Uhr)

9. #9 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Mantikor
    Ooooops ! My fault, sorry

Hmm.. I can't remember. Well, my first contact with the Greek mythology took place when I was still a little kid (maybe 3-4 years old). My first books that my parents used to read to me to make me sleep had to do not only with little forest animals, but with some Greek myths too. I do still have some of those books hidden somewhere in my library (and one of them has to do with Jason ).

But I began to like it when I began to understand it , although I'm not really sure when that happened. I think that when Age of Mythology was released (4 years ago) I got addicted to that game (it's one of my favorites) and that's how my interest for the Greek mythology appeared. Then I bought some books and now, that I'm older, I can use Internet and other sources in order to learn more things about mythology. By the way, right now I'm 16 (almost 17) years old.
    Interesting
    i think to learn some things about the Greek-Mythologie are books the best thing but when if we had no Internet we cant play games about this historical period. So I´am glad that we have Computers and Consols
    Hoch lebe Bio Ware
    Mantikor ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Diablo
    Well, there's a lot more than games. When you want to learn more about greek mythology, there are also many good movies about Iason, Troy or greek gods.
    But forget films like 'Troy' or 'Alexander', they do not have much things in common with mythology. They're just about the war and about love stories between the heros....my opinion.
    Diablo ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    Hi Lazor,

Greetings to all...
    I come from Greece, i live in Athens too. And i am also a fan of Greek history and mythology.

I have heard about this game nearly 2 months ago and i am waiting for its release.
    Looks like a good game. I like mostly 3 things. First of all its all about Greek mythology, it has cool fighting animations and it has gore...
    The graphics could have been more photorealistic though...they seem a bit cartoonish to my eyes...

Also I liked Titan Quest A LOT!!! And i believe that the upcoming Diablo 3 will be much worse...

Whats the official release date of RotA by the way?
    Demonium ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Dank Rafft
    Gast
    Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    Whats the official release date of RotA by the way?
    There isn't any release date yet. Helios the Community Liaison Officer of Codemasters said that they will announce it as soon as possible. I hope that it will add up to the middle of the next month.

13. #13 Zitieren
    Hey there Demonium!

Good to see you here. Well, I know you hate cartoonish graphics, but it's a matter of taste. I mean, I think that some games look better with cartoonsih graphics rather than photorealstic ones.

Zitat Zitat von Orcinus Orca
    There isn't any release date yet. Helios the Community Liaison Officer of Codemasters said that they will announce it as soon as possible. I hope that it will add up to the middle of the next month.
    According to wiki (page: 2008 in video gaming) it would be released tomorrow (30th Oct). But unfortunately it's outdated...
    Lazor ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Dank Rafft
    Gast
    There isn't any release date yet.
    According to wiki (page: 2008 in video gaming) it would be released tomorrow (30th Oct). But unfortunately it's outdated...
    Now there is one!

15. #15 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Khaled
    hi guys...I'm khaled, proud member of WoP and especially WoG [English] forums
    I'm interested in ancient greek mythology, just like Lazor.
    I've seen announcements on WoP about RotA, but never was curious enough to see what's with this game.
    I hope you can fill me in with some information, for I'm way to lazy to search on my own.
    1.What's all about in this game?
    2.What genre is it?
    3.Sys Requirements.
    4.release date.

Sorry if this things have been discussed many times before...

Cheers!
    Khaled
    Khaled ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Hey there Khaled
    Good to see you here!

To start with, Rise of the Argonauts (RotA) is a RPG game. In general, it's story is based on the myth of Jason and the Argonauts as he tries to find the Golden Fleece.

So that's what you have to do - get the Golden Fleece. You'll choose your companions, praise to numerous gods (in order to level up and to get special abilities etc) and fight in epic mythical battles.

The game is going to be released on December 12, 2008 (only a few days left) and the system requirements are:

Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
    2Gb Memory
    Geforce 8800GT

Hope I've enlightened you !

BTW, in case you know German and you find a topic in this forum interesting, you can answer in english, there's no problem .
    Lazor ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Dank Rafft
    Gast
    Welcome Khaled. Good to see you. §welcome

The game is going to be released on December 12, 2008 (only a few days left) and the system requirements are:

Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
    2Gb Memory
    Geforce 8800GT
    Just a little correction:
    The mentioned specs are the maximum requirements for RotA. There aren't any "official" specs but this is what the English community manager told us.

18. #18 Zitieren
    Welcome Khaled. Good to see you. §welcome

Just a little correction:
    The mentioned specs are the maximum requirements for RotA. There aren't any "official" specs but this is what the English community manager told us.

Maximum requirements? Thanks god! You made my day I thought they were the recommended (medium) requirements (and maybe I wouldn't be able to play the game if that was the case)
    Lazor ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Dank Rafft
    Gast
    Maximum requirements? Thanks god! You made my day I thought they were the recommended (medium) requirements (and maybe I wouldn't be able to play the game if that was the case)
    Don't worry. Helios (the community manager) told us that this is the specification of his system on which he can play the game on maximum details at a solution of 1920x1200.

20. #20 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Diablo
    Gosh, I could play with a 1900x1200 resolution, if I had a display this size

My 19'' monitor is just too small, I want a new one!
    Diablo ist offline

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »