Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 41
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Damianut

Damianut ist offline

[KNOWLEDGE HUB] International exchange of knowledge and tools

[Bild: hub.png]

The place to exchange knowledge and tools among Gothic communities.

In according to the discussion in thread about Dark Age announcement, I propose to exchange here:

• informations about tools for Gothic which can make modding in particular faster and more convienient
    • solutions for common and rare obstacles during modding

Listed above ideas to exchange is proposition only and not limited to that. As you can see, we discuss a tools also in Alpha and Beta versions.

As this discussion from above linked thread showed, modders from communities from various countries even don't know, that problems they face are already solved.

In next post I will present certain tool already known in Poland, that speed up implementing dialogues written by scenario writers.
    Geändert von Damianut (06.01.2024 um 13:06 Uhr) Grund: Adding logo and another formatting

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Kirides

Kirides ist offline
    Take a look at https://gothic-modding-community.github.io/gmc/

A few of us modders contributed there.

And over here you can see a few libraries/tools that were documented/linked: https://gothic-modding-community.git.../zengin/tools/

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

Damianut ist offline
    Scripts Creator

The tool which saves time with dialogues implementing and move part of work from scripters to scenario writers.

This tool helps team which creates Golden Gate II: Heart of the Goddess modification, and was published 13 September 2023. Created by one of member of mentioned above team.

I short, installation is possible by Docker. You can run tool by Docker Desktop or by command line (PowerShell). The program is opened in a default browser.

As you can see on the video from linked post from Facebook (logging in not needed), you can paste the dialogue in following format to the browser (text from below image is from "GUIDE EN"):

[Bild: attachment.php?s=ad4d7516c48bf57efaa44feb380fe1a0&attachmentid=53237&d=1704366151&thumb=1]

add quest code name (here "BeliarServant") and click "Convert" to achieve following code as the output:

Code:
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////////////  DiegoOW Hallo
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    INSTANCE DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo (C_INFO)
    {
        npc             =     DiegoOW;
        nr             =     2;
        condition     =     DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_Condition;
        information     =     DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_Info;
        important     =     FALSE;
        permanent     =     FALSE;
        description     =     "(to do)";
    };
    func int DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_Condition ()
    {
        return TRUE;     
    };
    func void DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_Info ()
    {
        AI_Output (self, other, "DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_12_01"); //Hey, I thought you were dead.
        AI_Output (other, self, "DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_15_02"); //Yes ... so I was.
        AI_Output (other, self, "DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_15_03"); //But now I'm back, and looking for proof of the arrival of the dragons.
        AI_Output (self, other, "DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_12_04"); //Who are you doing that for?

Info_ClearChoices(Dia_DiegoOW_Hallo);
        Info_AddChoice(Dia_DiegoOW_Hallo,"Beliar.",Dia_DiegoOW_Hallo_1);
        Info_AddChoice(Dia_DiegoOW_Hallo,"Xardas",Dia_DiegoOW_Hallo_2);

};
    FUNC VOID DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_1 ()
    {    Info_ClearChoices(Dia_DiegoOW_Hallo);
        AI_Output (other, self, "DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_15_05"); //Beliar.
        AI_Output (self, other, "DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_12_06"); //Nice. It is proper decision!

START_MISSION(TOPIC_TOPIC_Test, "I should to serve Beliar.");

};
    FUNC VOID DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_2 ()
    {    Info_ClearChoices(Dia_DiegoOW_Hallo);
        AI_Output (other, self, "DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_15_07"); //Xardas.
        AI_Output (self, other, "DIA_DiegoOW_Hallo_12_08"); //Xardas the necromancer?
    };

The code of program is possible to browse by Docker. It is a one pitfall with Scripts Creator, that in names of all NPC's speeches is used "12" as voice. Where voices always are vary.
    Geändert von Damianut (04.01.2024 um 11:28 Uhr) Grund: formatting

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    A somewhat similar program that has been incredibly useful for developing LoA is DiaDepp:
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...g-Tool-DiaDepp

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

Damianut ist offline
    "Effects Editor for Gothic 2"
    (working name, the tool during development, not released)

[Bild: 7-NPC-Visual.png]

A tool written by Risepolak (Xardas17) in C# and currently allowing without running Gothic:

1) NPC
    Preview of head, body and armour textures.

2) Items
    Creating, editing, saving (into ".d" file), compiling (into ".ZEN" file), removing and preview (also graphically). Creating ".3DS" and ".TEX" files for a runes.

Creating, editing, saving (into ".d" file), compiling (into ".ZEN" file), removing and preview (also graphically):
    3) PFX (Particle FX)
    4) spells and other visuals effects (VFX)
    5) lights
    6) flares (lensflare)

7) Sounds
    Creating, editing, saving, compiling, removing and playing sounds.

8) Anims
    Creating, editing, saving (into ".MDS" and ".ASC") and removing MDS and ASC.

As you can see, tool looks like pilot's cockpit. Requires to learn properties of various prototypes.

Geändert von Damianut (04.01.2024 um 17:46 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von ThomasBausB

ThomasBausB ist offline
    Without a suitable download link, that's not much.
    You should already have it before you present the tool
    Could also just be fake.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Risepolak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ThomasBausB Beitrag anzeigen
    Could also just be fake.

Im not a fake bro i still make it! but if somebody needs my help i was using program to generate scripts or files

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Feuerbarde

Feuerbarde ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ThomasBausB Beitrag anzeigen
    Could also just be fake.

You come to a new “tavern” and first question whether the guests there have “water” instead of “wine” in their glasses?

No seriously, of course when something is in development you NEVER know whether it will actually be finished. But it's good to talk about it, you can make suggestions - especially if you can bring in problems from your own practice. It can happen that two developers who are working on something similar find each other. This allows a developer to find help from other developers.

Really missed opportunities are the ones you don't even try.

Zitat Zitat von Risepolak Beitrag anzeigen
    Im not a fake bro i still make it! but if somebody needs my help i was using program to generate scripts or files
    Welcome Risepolak!

If the tool can be tested I would be very interested in it, I'm currently faced with the problem of having to test heads and armor in particular - ideally WITHOUT having to constantly go into the game.

I'm currently helping out here: [Release] Gothic II - UHD Textures

I like the project and I'm afraid that it will quickly become too much for a beginner, especially if you are quite inexperienced in the 2D area. It's more fun with a little support and with two people, you can motivate each other. I almost always decide how and where to use my currently very limited time based on such considerations.

Generally:

I've been working with Damianut for a long time and think extremely highly of him. He has my full trust, he has earned that. What does developed mean? No, he didn't have to put in any extra effort for it, he's just a really great person, not only when it comes to Gothic topics - but also as a human being.

- He is very careful, very orderly in the way he works.
    - Very helpful and reliable/trustworthy.

I can only say good things about him and would be happy if you gave him a little trust. Some other creators from the modification sector have already gotten to know him a little.

Things from the smaller communities often remain undiscovered for an unnecessarily long time, and they are also too spread out on different platforms. I see a great opportunity in us all working more together and exchanging ideas. This also creates opportunities to recruit one or two people with special skills to join your team, whether it's a German who works in a foreign team - or whether a foreign artist becomes part of a German team. I think that's a good thing, also in view of the new experiences that these people generate with each other.

Yesterday, in another topic, It would be great if you (Damianut) would post it here again so that we have a topic here where we can find such information in bulk and discuss it.

Then I hope that one or two things will come out of this in the future from which we can benefit together. What has the Gothic scene achieved in the last few years? Would we have even dared to dream about it years ago?

I'm very proud that some people who don't come from Germany seem to feel very comfortable here in my beloved WoG. I'm really proud of that!
    Aktueller Zustand: Bin zuhause, viel am schlafen aber sonst geht es. (PMs hole ich dieses Wochende nach)
    Pflegestufe 3 ist DURCH !!!, Behinderten Prozente 100% mit Begleitung Bearbeitung, physisch und psychologisch arg angeschlagen.

[Bild: 47439305ao.png]

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Risepolak ist offline
    I was here once between 2007/2012. I even added a few things to the resources on WoG.It's nice to come back here now, especially since I'm welcome here, thank you!I am creating the program because I acquired some knowledge a long time ago and because I have crazy ideas, I would like to share them with foreign creators.I've known Damianoo since 2007 when I created the GothicThe Great War mod.In fact, it's thanks to him that I'm here again today.I'm also happy that I can also contribute to some emerging mods.

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren

Damianut ist offline
    Gothic Character Creator
    (v. Alpha-0.0.2, early stage development)

[Video]

Tool being created on Godot Engine by Serbernus, Polish modder, which will be designed at least for creating own textures of head and body for humans for Gothic I & II.

Baking of faces is now enabled, there is still some problems related to loading assets, adding own/custom ones can break Tool, but testing is always good.

Current version available to download at GitHub.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren

Damianut ist offline
    zTEXiPy

zTEXiPy is an open source project written in Python that utilizes the Pillow, NumPy, DearPyGui and libsquish libraries to convert Gothic and Gothic 2 (ZenGin) textures to common formats and vice versa.

[Bild: example.png]

Created by Shouη ("Special thanks to" list available here), gives possibility to convert .TEX files to .TGA, .PNG, .WEBP, .DDS
    files and vice-versa. You can also select directory to convert all files with the same extension.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von neocromicon

neocromicon ist offline
    Gothic Character Creator, das Tool hat wirklich unglaublich großes potenzial und selbst jetzt kann man damit soviele Gesichter erstellen, ohne auch nur den hauch einer ahnugn von Grafikbearbeitung zu haben.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren

Feuerbarde ist offline
    With the "Gothic Character Creator Alpha 0.0.2" I have the problem that important switches are hidden under my taskbar (Windows 11). The tool also makes an interesting impression on me! Does the tool work internally with vectors? Looked a bit like it to me in the previews.

Really interesting tools! Many thanks for introducing it here and of course also to the respective creators. The need for such tools usually arises from practice.

I still have to deal with "zTEXiPy 1.3", "GoMan" doesn't convert it to .tex really well or cleanly. Above all, "GoMan" does not do mass processing in this direction either. This tool gives me hope.

Here's something from the "Blackstar Material" (a German modification team that disbanded when the most important 3D artist at the time moved to Piranha Byte). The entire material is around 4 GB of data (unsorted), I'll upload it when I'm back up to speed with my hard drives. Here's some of what someone picked out from the German scene. The material may be used freely. A mention of "Blackstar Studios" would be desirable in the credits.

Download: https://workupload.com/file/FzyddqHzWWW (24.92 MB)
    Aktueller Zustand: Bin zuhause, viel am schlafen aber sonst geht es. (PMs hole ich dieses Wochende nach)
    Pflegestufe 3 ist DURCH !!!, Behinderten Prozente 100% mit Begleitung Bearbeitung, physisch und psychologisch arg angeschlagen.

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren

Damianut ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sporthistoriker Beitrag anzeigen
    With the "Gothic Character Creator Alpha 0.0.2" I have the problem that important switches are hidden under my taskbar (Windows 11). The tool also makes an interesting impression on me! Does the tool work internally with vectors? Looked a bit like it to me in the previews.
    I already asked about that author (on Discord). Since waiting for a response (and fix in case of switches hidden under your taskbar) you can set auto-hiding of taskbar during work with that.
    Gladiator fully German localized, total-conversion modification with original game flow [link]

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren

Feuerbarde ist offline
    Of course I know that I can hide these. I just wanted to point out that this correction would certainly be useful in a timely manner. Otherwise I will continue to test it.

Definitely really great projects. I am very grateful for this topic here.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Milgo

Milgo ist offline
    You could use the Editing wiki as a place to collect and share your knowledge and tools you found.

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren

Damianut ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sporthistoriker Beitrag anzeigen
    Does the tool work internally with vectors? Looked a bit like it to me in the previews.
    The response from Serbernus - the author:

Rather only raster graphics come into play. Asset are made at 2048x. That's why they look good at the available resolutions. The shader mixes everything at this resolution. And the scaling is with Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0 from AMD which is why so much detail is preserved.

He has account on WoG, but he prefers chatting in real-time.

Zitat Zitat von Milgo Beitrag anzeigen
    You could use the Editing wiki as a place to collect and share your knowledge and tools you found.
    I see all titles of articles on Wiki are in German, but I think it won't problem to publish in English? Anyway somebody could translate that.

Writing about that on the forum is better for discuss, but I can add it also to Wiki.
    Geändert von Damianut (07.01.2024 um 11:23 Uhr) Grund: bad quoting

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Damianut Beitrag anzeigen
    I see all titles of articles on Wiki are in German, but I think it won't problem to publish in English? Anyway somebody could translate that.

Writing about that on the forum is better for discuss, but I can add it also to Wiki.
    I'm sure it's okay if you just write them in English

I think having them in the Wiki makes it a bit easier to discover them later on - eventually this thread will disappear from the front page.

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Risepolak ist offline
    I was looking program for decompile models from gothic to 3ds.

The next part of my program itsadding vobbilder for all models. Then i can think abaut "zVobTree" like Damiano asking me

actualy i finaly find how load many textur into armor ( Next part for this its adding litle editor into armors i caled its "armor part" when its ready i give acess to adding into models parts from other armors like helmet cap boots ETC.)

[Bild: obraz_2024_01_07_092103050.png]
    [Bild: obraz_2024_01_07_092303653.png]
    Geändert von Risepolak (07.01.2024 um 08:28 Uhr)

20. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren

Damianut ist offline
    Gothic Editing Wiki

I copied the posts about the above tools to the Weitere Programme section.

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »