Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 20 12345812 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 398

Metasyntaktische Variable
    As being made clear in the other thread, we will move any posting which doesn't concur with the intended meaning for the "Bug-Me" thread.

The "Bug-Me" thread is special! The developer Piranha Bytes offers us the unconventional and rare opportunity to ask questions to the team directly. Better still, those questions usually get answered. Piranha Bytes goes to extreme lengths in their efforts to care for the community, listening to us and especially Quy devotes quite a lot of his precious time to answer our questions.

So in return we do our best to be nice to them as well and treat the "Bug-Me" thread with appropriate respect. The "Bug-Me" thread should be kept free of regular user-to-user talk and provides a dialogue with Piranha Bytes instead.

Alas, to our taste some postings deviate a bit too much from the intended line and will most likely be transferred to this thread. You are invited to continue with your discussions here.

With this measure we try to keep the "Bug-Me" thread clean and an easy read for any user - especially the casual visitor who depends on the Q&A thread as a quick reference and prime source of information. Thank you for your cooperation.

Bug Me Discussions thread #1
    Bug Me Discussions thread #2

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (22.06.2010 um 18:50 Uhr)

Ranger Avatar von Heart Collector
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Heart Collector,
    I like your suggestion on combat, maybe you should revive the suggestion thread.
    Hmmm, OK why not
    Heart Collector ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Let's revive the forum. c'mon. GamesCom's soon, I bet for something new from PB.
    Powaz ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    and especially Ralf devotes quite a lot of his precious time to answer our questions.
    You mean Quy
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    He just copy pastes everything, that lazy penguin
    Powaz ist offline

Yeah, copy 'n paste error.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

Knight
    I would expect news anytime soon. Because when you are only few months into the game, i'm not really sure if you can progress so much that you would already have something serious to show. Though some concept images would be awesome...
    Zocky ist offline

Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    I would expect news anytime soon. Because when you are only few months into the game, i'm not really sure if you can progress so much that you would already have something serious to show. Though some concept images would be awesome...
    Appaerently they were already working on RPBII by the release of Risen, and that's 8-9 months ago.
    Gothic 2 came out about 1.5 years after Gothic 1, so maybe RPBII won't take to long either, much of it depending on wether they will use the Risen engine or not (may be modified a bit).
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

Knight
    well, we will see. Don't forget it was much easier the make a 3d model back then than now. Before, it was ok to make 1000 polygon mesh per character + simple texture (photo or something) and that's it. For good character, nowdays you need already very good low poly (10 000 polys), then create high detail model, then create normal map, specular map.....there is a lot more work then it was back then. And that's just 3d models....
    Zocky ist offline

Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    well, we will see. Don't forget it was much easier the make a 3d model back then than now. Before, it was ok to make 1000 polygon mesh per character + simple texture (photo or something) and that's it. For good character, nowdays you need already very good low poly (10 000 polys), then create high detail model, then create normal map, specular map.....there is a lot more work then it was back then. And that's just 3d models....
    They could reuse many of their models or alter (improve) them. If RPBII is Risen 2 then they will most likely reuse many monsters and therefore it's not necesarry to start completely from scratch.
    Probably better to improve existing models (where possible) and work more on the not so good animations.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

For good character, nowdays you need already very good low poly (10 000 polys), then create high detail model
    Not that I'm a graphics enthusiasts (I would still buy a RPG with G2 NotR graphics if it were good) but maybe that will resolve itself with DX11 and tessellation.

foobar ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    Appaerently they were already working on RPBII by the release of Risen, and that's 8-9 months ago.
    Gothic 2 came out about 1.5 years after Gothic 1, so maybe RPBII won't take to long either, much of it depending on wether they will use the Risen engine or not (may be modified a bit).
    The thought of RPB2 being as good as NotR makes me wanna cry
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Zitat Zitat von diego_pmc Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a question about Gothic 1:
    I see you've put Gothic 1 up on GoodOldGames.com (as far as I understand only you have the right to decide where Gothic 1 will be available, not JoWood). I wanted to ask you, will Gothic 1 ever be available on Steam?
    Hmm... if you want a DRM version of Gothic, why not simply download it directly from PB?

foobar ist offline

Knight
    Not that I'm a graphics enthusiasts (I would still buy a RPG with G2 NotR graphics if it were good) but maybe that will resolve itself with DX11 and tessellation.
    I would never count on that...who knows, but i really wouldn't count on automatic solutions...i still in this case, it is always best to do the work manually....
    Zocky ist offline

Knight
    Hmm... if you want a DRM version of Gothic, why not simply download it directly from PB?
    For the convenience of having everything in one place. I don't want to go to five different sites to get the games I own. Also, I'm not a fan of physical copies of games; my disk is far more likely to break than Valve's servers, not to mention that I can simply download the game anywhere and anytime and I don't have to carry around anything. The copy of Gothic I have right now is from a magazine, and so is G2G.

EDIT: G2G is on sale on Steam right now (4.99€) so maybe I'll get that sometime this week.
    paulcmnt ist offline Geändert von paulcmnt (27.06.2010 um 14:10 Uhr)

Warrior
    EDIT: G2G is on sale on Steam right now (4.99€) so maybe I'll get that sometime this week.
    I ordered it from Amazon yesterday (WILLING to replay it!).

I dont trust steam because as a former CS player, I know how many people try to scam those accounts. AND if I lose that account, I certainly dont want Gothic to go with it.
    Talek ist offline

I'm not sure about it but my guess is that if you buy G1 directly from PB, more of the money ends up in their pocket. So if people don't mind DRM (I know I do) and want to do PB something good, I suppose their direct download is the thing to use.

BTW: Both games are also available on GOG, supposedly free of DRM.

foobar ist offline

Knight
    Zitat Zitat von Talek Beitrag anzeigen
    I dont trust steam because as a former CS player, I know how many people try to scam those accounts. AND if I lose that account, I certainly dont want Gothic to go with it.
    I'm willing to take the risk. And losing Gothic is no worry because I own them in physical form as well. But they're from a magazine, as I've told, so PB probably didn't get too much money from me when I bought them.

I'm not sure about it but my guess is that if you buy G1 directly from PB, more of the money ends up in their pocket. So if people don't mind DRM (I know I do) and want to do PB something good, I suppose their direct download is the thing to use.
    Yes, they'd get a little more money if I but it directly from them. But I love Valve as well, not to mention that I'm too lazy to go to a whole different site to get just this one game; I'd rather have it on Steam.

About DRM: I absolutely hate DRM, but only when it is really intrusive (limited number of installations, limited number of computers I can install on). But DRM in and of itself is not evil. It has existed for many, many years; copy protection that does not allow you to run ripped copies of games is still DRM (Digital Rights/Restrictions Management).

I don't know of any games on Steam that don't allow you to download the game as many times as you want, or that don't allow you to install it on as many computers as you want. If there is such a game I wouldn't but it anyway.

I guess one of the problems people have with Steam is that you are required to first activate the game (by playing it online at least once) before you can play it in Offline Mode, but seeing as the whole point of the service is to get your games from the Internet, I don't find any validity to this complaint.

BTW: Both games are also available on GOG, supposedly free of DRM.
    I know, but, at least until July 4, the GOG version of G2G is more expensive than the Steam version. Besides, the convenience thing about having everything in one place...
    paulcmnt ist offline Geändert von paulcmnt (27.06.2010 um 21:31 Uhr)

But DRM in and of itself is not evil. It has existed for many, many years; copy protection that does not allow you to run ripped copies of games is still DRM (Digital Rights/Restrictions Management).
    Just for the record: Most people would not count normal copy protection as DRM. The difference is that DRM ties a software to an invididual computer and/or person whereas normal copy protection ties a software to a small and portable, anonymous object (usually a data carrier).

foobar ist offline

Knight
    Just for the record: Most people would not count normal copy protection as DRM. The difference is that DRM ties a software to an invididual computer and/or person whereas normal copy protection ties a software to a small and portable, anonymous object (usually a data carrier).
    Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that copy protection fits perfectly within the scope of DRM. But I get what you're saying. On Steam for example there is no way for you to transfer your games over to some other account.

EDIT: I made a mistake. You can but the whole Gothic Bundle (G2G + G3) for just 4.99€. Fuckyeah I'm buying it!
    paulcmnt ist offline Geändert von paulcmnt (27.06.2010 um 21:45 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 20 12345812 ... Letzte »