Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 8 von 21 « Erste ... 4567891011121519 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 141 bis 160 von 402
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #141
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    In the gallery this screenshot has been marked as 'alte Bekannte' (i.e. 'old friends'), but I can't remember who is it.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #142
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    In the gallery this screenshot has been marked as 'alte Bekannte' (i.e. 'old friends'), but I can't remember who is it.
    it is nameless' evil twin, of course, just that he doesn't have a goatee
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #143
    Ranger Avatar von Alecs

Alecs ist offline
    all the screenshots are great especially the rune sword
    it looks more real now
    great work

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #144
    Knight Avatar von Hav'caaren An'givare

Hav'caaren An'givare ist offline
    I heard that more emphasis will be put in siding with Xardas,but what about Innos and Beliar.Also , could you please tell what was the deal with the voices of the gods in the german version , they sounded so...divine.If you could please give both Innos and Beliar an audio feature like that one it will actually seem like the gods are talking and not an old man behind a curtain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjnOqIEXGPc&NR=1

5. Beiträge anzeigen #145
    Ritter Avatar von GaHero

GaHero ist offline
    Gothic 3 Community Story Project Eastern Special 2010

The eastern special already was announced a long time ago and we will disclose a few secrets about the Community Story Project now.

We want to give you a first detailed overview in all parts of the game, we are working on. A new video, which shows these parts, is available in our YouTube Channel. It is the second teaser of the community story project and it shows the recent status of our project. So the scenes of the video don’t show a final state.

At the moment we make great progress in almost all parts. The tests of chapter 1 are running now for some time und the tests of the next chapter will start within the next days. The works on Chapter 3 and 4 make advancement and our new storywriters startet their projects successfully.

At the same time we want to do something for the public relations with this Easter special and created a press kit, representing the backgrounds and our project plans in detail. This presskit is send to all known game magazines and will be soon available for everyone.

Among other things this kit contains the following paragraphs on all the category groups we want to improve:

The concept

It is obviously that the game has not only one section, which needed to be revised. Six areas have emerged during the planning phase, which we want to improve.

The atmosphere of Gothic 3 is strongly behind those of its predecessor, which is attributable to a variety of factors. To get the content back on an equal level like the predecessors, we need to improve all of these factors.

Main Story

The Gothic 3 main story can be summarized in a few words and is told in the game with nor words. Important figures speak only a few sentences with the hero and send him on a mission without explaining the background. The connections between the strands are only curtly explained and there are neither longer quest series nor background information.

Based on a highly upgraded main story we will use, as in the previous parts, chapters to separate important events of the game. Overall, the player is more directed through the game without being shortened in his freedom, which was one of the major changes of Gothic 3. Another principal object is to put the story more towards the add on “Forsaken Gods” and the next part of the Gothic series “Arcarnia”.

Party system

Gothic 3 has a different faction system compared to the previous parts. The player don't needs to join any interest group and actions of the player against another faction don’t create a reaction. There are no large phrases in the course of play.

The new faction system will address these issues. In the course of the game, the player has to join one of the three main groups (rebels, orcs or assassins) and has to select his affinity (magician or warrior). At the same time, there will be more faction-dependent or faction-related quests again. It will be possible to fight with the nordmar orcs against the clans. This was not possible in the game. Also we want to integrate the 3 minor fractions (druids, nordmarer and nomads) into the main story.

References

In the previous Gothic parts the player could get information in many places about various aspects of the story, monsters and NPCs, or the history of the world. In Gothic 3 this area was greatly neglected and so the world seemed devilish lifeless. Many elements of the game seem to be not finished or have been implemented only half-heartedly. Many questions from previous parts remain unanswered. The history of many places or objects is missing.

All these points we want to tackle and improve. In the game the player will meet old friends, will read more about the game world and will play many unfinished story parts of the previous parts.

Balancing

The balancing has been improved by the different community patches, which had their peak with the introduction of the Alternative Balancing in version 1.7. However, the patch improved the balancing in terms to leave as much of the game as it was.

The community story project will go a step further. We will improve the balancing and will try to come up to the qualities of Gothic 1 and Gothic 2. Also we will improve some parts, which are not logical or useless. These include a new weapon, chest-, skill-, and magic System.

Graphic

Gothic 3 had a very good graphic as it was released. However, the world was too colorful and doesn’t show the gloomy atmosphere and mood in the world, which is created by a war. Various smaller and larger fan projects have already worked before the Community Story Project was founded.

Based on two of these projects we are working on a dark version of textures. The atmosphere of war will be created by generally darker textures. Also we will revise NPC-, monster textures and effects. To also use newer computer hardware and to give the player an optimal feeling, textures with a higher resolution will replace the most textures. New textured armor and weapons complete this field. Players who do not like the new textures, will have the opportunity to exclude them form the installstion progress.

Music

The music of Gothic 3 was the part of the game that is most been praised by many fans. The soundtrack is epic and there are many songs that fit too many areas of the game (such as for example attack or explore situations, music for various periods of a day and different cities and vegetation sections of the game). However, these songs are distributed irregularly in these different areas so that the music is either very varied but also monotonous or repetitive. You can find the same the same situation by the ambient sounds.

With improved sounds and maybe entirely new songs the community story project will improve this imbalance.

English text of the video:
    Everyone loses
    in a war,
    even the victors.

The Gothic 3 Community Story Team
    presents

A game...
    ...developed by Piranha Bytes...
    ...improved by the community...
    ...is reborn once again!

Discover a new story
    - enjoy several challenging chapters
    - join a faction
    - choose your path as warrior or mage
    - decide the outcome of the war
    - end the War of the Gods
    - complete integration with the Gothic saga
    - lots of new content outside the main story line

Experience improved visuals
    - including a truly damp atmosphere
    - revised textures and effects

Immerse yourself in a new world
    - loads of new background information
    - a strong connection with the previous Gothic titles

Balancing overhaul
    - a new perk system
    - substantially improved spellcasting system
    - new handling of chests
    - overhauled weapon system

Experience new music
    - an extended score
    - new themes for battle and exploration

Whichever way you choose,
    - your friends will be with you.

Gothic 3
    - Community Story Project
    - An old world is reborn
    - Are you prepared to decide the War of the Gods?
    - Fall 2010

Find out more at
    - http://www.g3-csp.de.vu
    Geändert von GaHero (18.04.2010 um 14:34 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #146
    Ranger Avatar von Gorn the destroyer

Gorn the destroyer ist offline
    Hell yeah!! Our easter special wooooot!
    This is AWESOME guys, oh god lurkers that actually look like lurkers from g1 and g2 no more aliens! The vid was great, although the game was lagging, probably beacause of fraps,eh?

And the varant music you've created was epic! F*cking sweet, keep up the good work, can't wait for this!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #147
    Ritter Avatar von GaHero

GaHero ist offline
    Ahh I forgot something... I added the english text of the video in my post above. Sry guys.

The music in varant isn't made by us. It is the song you can download here @ Wog: Passion Trailer

8. Beiträge anzeigen #148
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    There's a news article on the Home Page, about the easter special! You've deserved it!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #149
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Nice one, I like the armors of our friends, finally the good ol' designs are back

I have a suggestion for you, guys: Put real books in the game. It is easy to model them, easy to insert them, and then you can read them in the inventory.

Also, has JW contacted you concerning this project?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #150
    Ritter Avatar von GaHero

GaHero ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    There's a news article on the Home Page, about the easter special! You've deserved it!
    Thanks... I hope that many sites will publish news or articles about this project...

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Nice one, I like the armors of our friends, finally the good ol' designs are back

I have a suggestion for you, guys: Put real books in the game. It is easy to model them, easy to insert them, and then you can read them in the inventory.

Also, has JW contacted you concerning this project?
    The problem of the books: We have 1-2 members in our team, who wrote a lot of sites for books, but the books ingame have a very small room for letters. If we build in books, we will have to split them. We are currently working to find a solution.

No, JW didn't contact us, but we have plans to contact them. Lets see..

11. Beiträge anzeigen #151
    Ranger Avatar von Gorn the destroyer

Gorn the destroyer ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GaHero Beitrag anzeigen

No, JW didn't contact us, but we have plans to contact them. Lets see..
    Well, good luck with that, my friend.
    Maybe a miracle will happen and we will have even a english voiceover that would be so cool if this mod was voiced, it would be like a proper expansion, not that shitty FG addon.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #152
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gorn the destroyer Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, good luck with that, my friend.
    Maybe a miracle will happen and we will have even a english voiceover that would be so cool if this mod was voiced, it would be like a proper expansion, not that shitty FG addon.
    Hehe, knowing JW, they would give the team a shitload of cash and make us pay for the expansion But good luck with that, guys, hard work deserves something in exchange.

Great to hear about the books, I really hated the fact that after reading a lectern the hero would say I already know this. I really want all the lore to be written down somewhere, to read it again and again.

And if the mod is voiced, well, that would be incredible.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #153
    Veteran Avatar von triangles

triangles ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Hehe, knowing JW, they would give the team a shitload of cash and make us pay for the expansion
    I would definitely buy the CSP if it would have English voice overs.
    Ugghhh... call me the potato man.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #154
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von triangles Beitrag anzeigen
    I would definitely buy the CSP if it would have English voice overs.
    I wouldn't. As I swore not to buy anything from JW again. Enjoying their games for free, on the computer of someone else who bought it is much better.

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #155
    Adventurer Avatar von ElectricDragon

ElectricDragon ist offline
    Interesting thing, You make me happy, if this Project will be successfully ended

16. Beiträge anzeigen #156
    Local Hero Avatar von mihail

mihail ist offline
    I am very hapy to hear that someone finaly does somethimg about G3. The entire word of the game was made perfectly imo, and the only thing missing was a good content. I think that the implementing again of the old guild sistem and a social status that you can change will make a big difference so i can t wait for more info

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #157
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    damn, alot of work. but it's worth i feel it. and one more thing i wish there will be russian version of it
    one more thing: there is alot of space between okara and montera which is empty no monsters/animals no citys nothing silence. and in the desert in middle or between mora sul/ishtar and brago there is alot of free space i mean if this project can add some new objects there like some new quests or npcs or at animes to hunt down or make a new city cause there alot of free space unused!
    Geändert von CrashMorraKan (21.04.2010 um 05:14 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #158
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von CrashMorraKan Beitrag anzeigen
    damn, alot of work. but it's worth i feel it. and one more thing i wish there will be russian version of it
    one more thing: there is alot of space between okara and montera which is empty no monsters/animals no citys nothing silence. and in the desert in middle or between mora sul/ishtar and brago there is alot of free space i mean if this project can add some new objects there like some new quests or npcs or at animes to hunt down or make a new city cause there alot of free space unused!
    Actually, I thought the desert was too crowded. As much as we love stuff and features and quests, the desert should be about long journeys, under the beating sun, with nothing but sand in your eyes, to finally reach an oasis and city. IMO, I'd like some plain desert to be added between every ruinfield/city/oasis

19. Beiträge anzeigen #159
    Rookie

SilentSeeker ist offline
    It's really nice can't wait for that.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #160
    Fighter Avatar von Tharr

Tharr ist offline
    Too bad that it can not be something made about the fighting style(totally unrealistic..was better in G1 and G2...and awesome in Risen ) here in G3 you have the impression that the hero is in equatorial jungle and he cut with his sword line ... and also the 10k click is the best strategy LOL
    ...They call me The Wanderer...

Seite 8 von 21 « Erste ... 4567891011121519 ... Letzte »