Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline

Am I loosing my 'will to play it'?

Heyo forum.
    I currently have a very delicate and disturbing problem.I got a pretty powerful PC now and lately i've been played lot's of games like Gothic 3, Risen, Arcania, and others on MAX ultra settings so the graphics and all those were amazing.

Recently I get back to my favorite...Gothic1!. Installed, maxed everything and when I got to the game I was o.O...the graphics SUCKED to me even though I never cared for the graphics in any Gothic I just wanted to play for it's feeling and atmosphere, but this time I could somehowww not accepeted what I see...

Someone get a hammer and blow me 2 in the head...I feel I want to play G1 but cuz of the graphs I somehow don't wanna.

#oh and 1 different thing: I set the video on 1440 or highter...and it makes the hero somehow scrolled back to the camera, it does not keep him as of 1024 resolution if you understand, can I fix this?
    If you even try to look the other way...

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Adventurer Avatar von mjfraser100

mjfraser100 ist offline

Hi

Well to be honest you been spending to much time playing game with high graphics texture detail and your expectations in games has gone up. and there is not much you can do about the graphics as as they are out dated however you can install a texture patch that will give gothic 1 some up to date texture used in gothic 2 here is the link.

please note don't look a big change in detail.

http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=121

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Gothic hasn't aged very well.

That is all.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Just put a texture patch. It helped me with the same problem.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Just wait for that mod called "The Colony"....(It's name may be a little different, I forgot ^^'). It's a mod for Skyrim, which is actually Gothic 1 replica, but in Skyrim

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    Just wait for that mod called "The Colony"....(It's name may be a little different, I forgot ^^'). It's a mod for Skyrim, which is actually Gothic 1 replica, but in Skyrim
    ...and hopefully without its 1st person perspective. I only played G1 onetime to get the story after I already played G2 for years.

Just pretend it's 2002 again!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    lolumad?Skyrim be bad, me not touch that crap.
    If you even try to look the other way...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    lolumad?Skyrim be bad, me not touch that crap.
    Then bash yourself with a hammer right in the middle of the head (like they do it in cartoons of course), and keep bashing yourself until you forget so much that you will think that you are in year 2002. Enjoy it mate, no need to thank me

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Kämpferin Avatar von Alexandra Victoria

Alexandra Victoria ist offline
    I like the old graphics of Gothic. Just concentrate on the atmosphere or the music or the dialogues if you mind the graphics.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy

Bamfy ist offline
    I never had this problem. I always enjoyed playing it, even with the old graphics. Maybe at the beginning of the game it was harder because I was lazy but after I three hours of playing I was hooked up again and didn't leave the pc untill morning.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Apprentice Avatar von Volf

Volf ist offline
    Nothing for you, apologies for that. check out the sect camp @ night, I still believe that swamp area to be one of the coolest in ALL games.
    Helm sees All

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    It is best to not have expectations, if you could enjoy Gothic in the past, and the gfx didn't put you off back then, then it means that your problem is arbitrary. If you expect Gothic to look in certain way, and what you see doesn't feat to that, then you will feel that it doesn't look right, the trick is to perceive, and not compare, and not judge. Some things are crap, and can't be enjoyed even if you play them without any expectations (for example Skyrim) but you know already that you could enjoy Gothic so it isn't so with that game.

I don't have any problem with enjoying old games, and I play new games maxed with tweaked ini as well.