Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 89
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Killing the dragons would have seemed somewhat plausible if Xardas had told him in the beginning that the only ship on the island was that of the Paladins and there was no way in hell that they would ship his ass to safer places if the Dragons attacked.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Adventurer Avatar von Feri

Feri ist offline
    I agree that NL was not the typical "dogooder". In gothic he was more or less. But in gothic 1 he was realy selfish: more often than not he did things for revard or personal gain. Sometimes he was funny or sarcastic but he hasn't got a clearly defined personality. That's like master chief in halo. He haven't got a face so gamers can beter imagine themself to the suit. Thats why Nl haven't got a name. He means different things for everybody. So a gothic without nameless could be a good gothic game anyway. Personaly I changed the hero model in gothic 1 to a bald tatood guy and the game experience is totaly the same
    May the Sleeper aweken!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Lehrling Avatar von Jack125698

Jack125698 ist offline
    Minimum Requirements !!!!
    Good long drama main story + explore the big entire world yourself (without beeing stopped => Arcania) + A real RPG-challenge to play + medium to hard quests/side-quests + a lot of action/killing enemys.

And Jowood didn't listen to us last years and we know now the results. But that doesn't mean, that the Gothic games must be over.

Wanna have: The game of the year ?

1) Create a Gothic 5 game, like in the past (Gothic 1 & 2 (3) or like Risen 1) See minimum requirements above.

2) Let Spellbound make the enviroments and stuff.

Story ..., Story ...,???
    A new unknown hero, is sailing with his boat for catching fish, while all of the known hero's are recovering, from their last experience in Arcania. There's a big storm that pushes the new hero away, from the main-land with it's islands. To ... The new hero discovers that's there's land miles away, on the opposite side of the world, they known.

He finds there new enemies, new beasts, and above else, a new big boss of an enemy, who's almost impossible to destroy. Our hero needs to contact, all previous known hero's, to kill this bastard, who wants to destroy the whole world. By sending fire into all world-parts and destroying so, the planet. This big boss, isn't easy to destroy, ... Because he has a big army.

Also this boss is taking the first steps. Venguard, Ardea, are burning now in FIRE !!! And we see it's people burning into fire.

Milten, Lord Hagen, (Xardas), Diego, Robart III, Lester, Our new Unknown hero, Vatras, All friends of: VARANT in the south +
    All of our friends, from the Nordic lands.

We must make an army, to destroy, this bad GOD,
    and his army !! On the end of the game, you've got a real
    (WAR - BATTLE !!)

3) A) make it more personal.
    Make the game more personal.
    Like for example: One of the boses is kicking your ...
    And then, he steals, your best weapon, at that moment of time.
    You're getting so angry of it, that you would be running after him,
    to kill him. And take your weapon back.

3) B) Emotionally.
    Let the game see a short-drama movie before your eyes.
    Let a whole town (with your friends) for example
    Burn in FIRE.

And ofcourse, you do the most important things in the mean-time/story.
    Geändert von Jack125698 (12.11.2011 um 17:51 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Jack125698 Beitrag anzeigen
    Minimum Requirements !!!!
    Good long drama main story + explore the big entire world yourself (without beeing stopped => Arcania) + A real RPG-challenge to play + medium to hard quests/side-quests + a lot of action/killing enemys.

And Jowood didn't listen to us last years and we know now the results. But that doesn't mean, that the Gothic games must be over.

Wanna have: The game of the year ?

1) Create a Gothic 5 game, like in the past (Gothic 1 & 2 (3) or like Risen 1) See minimum requirements above.

2) Let Spellbound make the enviroments and stuff.

Story ..., Story ...,???
    A new unknown hero, is sailing with his boat for catching fish, while all of the known hero's are recovering, from their last experience in Arcania. There's a big storm that pushes the new hero away, from the main-land with it's islands. To ... The new hero discovers that's there's land miles away, on the opposite side of the world, they known.

He finds there new enemies, new beasts, and above else, a new big boss of an enemy, who's almost impossible to destroy. Our hero needs to contact, all previous known hero's, to kill this bastard, who wants to destroy the whole world. By sending fire into all world-parts and destroying so, the planet. This big boss, isn't easy to destroy, ... Because he has a big army.

Also this boss is taking the first steps. Venguard, Ardea, are burning now in FIRE !!! And we see it's people burning into fire.

Milten, Lord Hagen, (Xardas), Diego, Robart III, Lester, Our new Unknown hero, Vatras, All friends of: VARANT in the south +
    All of our friends, from the Nordic lands.

We must make an army, to destroy, this bad GOD,
    and his army !! On the end of the game, you've got a real
    (WAR - BATTLE !!)

3) A) make it more personal.
    Make the game more personal.
    Like for example: One of the boses is kicking your ...
    And then, he steals, your best weapon, at that moment of time.
    You're getting so angry of it, that you would be running after him,
    to kill him. And take your weapon back.

3) B) Emotionally.
    Let the game see a short-drama movie before your eyes.
    Let a whole town (with your friends) for example
    Burn in FIRE.

And ofcourse, you do the most important things in the mean-time/story.
    Nah, it doesn't sound like Gothic to me (Gothic 1¸2 and NotR)..
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Ranger Avatar von Normarian

Normarian ist offline
    Maybe because I played Gothic 2 first and too many times compared to G1, but nameless always seemed to me as the apparently indifferent but with a good soul type of guy. His "selfishness" is a product of the harsh world he is living in. In a medieval place populated by ex-cons, mercenaries, corrupt guards, greedy merchants, pompous high placed asses, you can't effort to be "naive" so to say. You have to think for yourself to survive.

Nameless is the embodiment of practicality. He's more of a doer than a theorist, dreamer, a man who hopes thinks to get better, hence one of his first G1 sentences. I always liked his "retained" courage, not throwing valiantly chest forward to fight the villains. In my opinion this type of hero is more plausible than the fairy-tale stereotype.
    As for the story, well, the possibilities are endless... The motive of the hero opposing the gods is old as mankind. All sorts of legends, thousands of years old, from different corners of the world and periods can serve as inspiration if one might search hard enough.

Many times man has questioned the power of the gods over their faiths and why are they so privileged and entitled to do whatever they want in the human world. In our story Xardas is that man, and nameless is just an unconscious practician of this idea who wants to live his life normally but for some reason world problems keep coming and prevents him to do just that. At this point he is caught in a chain of events which keep coming and he gets deeper and deeper into the world’s problems and at one point there is no turning back.

At first he slayed the Sleeper so he can escape the mining colony, to be free. In the second part, one of the first sentences was something like “Dragons!? Let’s get out of here!!”. That was his first, I say natural reaction, but with the help of Xardas who tried to reason with him and convince nameless that wherever they will run the human world will collapse under the dark power of the dragons, Beliar etc. Once again nameless gets involved. In the third part, when nameless was finally rich and had a ship and he could just retreat and live his life, but people in Myrthana were caught in the war with the orcs and faced extermination or slavery. Yet again nameless had to get involved and fix the problem so he could FINALLY have peace.

The story ends where our hero would lead the guerilla battles, revolutions and orcs will be drawn back to their homeland. Orcs suffered the problem of all history’s conquerors; they could not hold territory because of divided army.
    The problem is that our hero does not want to become king. That was never his intention. I think it didn’t ever crossed his mind. I don’t know why Arcania tended in that direction, it was just stupid and against of how nameless is.
    As a man never changes and he is defined by his born character and how he lived his life until a certain age, I don’t think nameless would just settle down and become king.
    So I could suggest the next story which I think logical based on previous nameless behavior:

- Hero destroys artifacts and Xardas wants him to pass to the Unknown Lands.
    - Hero refuses to pass because he wants to live his life in peace or just drink and f*** or whatever he was doing before being thrown into the mining colony.
    - Time passes and nameless gets to live his life for a brief period
    - Gods are pissed because of their destroyed influence in the world. That is Innos and Beliar.
    - As they first entered the world they could enter the second time. During the time nameless was careless they could gather power and find a way to enter mankind once more.
    - Nameless sees this and he finds himself once more fighting evil. Now he sees Xardase’s wisdom that the gods won’t stop intervening in the world and that he needs to eliminate them.
    - He decides to enter the Unknown Lands and follow Xardas.
    - In this world the gods are vulnerable. They can be killed. Xardas tells hero you what needs to be done and he tries to kill them. When he reaches the palaces of Innos and Beliar and fights their minions and tries to defeat them for “some reason” he can’t do that. He is stopped by “some unbeatable force” like a slow motion, time bubble like weakness and can’t strike Innos/Beliar.
    - Here is where our new hero begins his journey to save nameless. I forgot to tell that during the 10 years spend in peace by nameless he had a son. He raised him with the stories of his adventures and thought him about the gods and their selfishness, trained him to become a warrior but also into the arts of alchemy and why not, even some basic magic and archery needed for a cunning warrior to survive.
    - After he left home nameless kissed his son and said he will come back soon but years have passed and he didn’t returned. His sun grown to be a man and start wondering why his father didn’t came back and starts looking for him.
    - The story starts in dark Myrthana where the wrath of gods is being felt on the land. Creatures of evil wonder even more often the roads and people are afraid to leave their homes at night.
    - Our protagonist finds himself in this dark world and needs to train to become a master either in magic or sword mastery and find a way to rescue his dad.
    - He meets his old father’s friends who he knew from the drinks and parties his father held when he was a child and tries to learn as much from them as possible to help him find his dad.
    - And even more ideeas could come from this… I am tired of all this typing

So great stories still can be told in the gothic universe. This game blended known world mythologies in a nice way and it would be a shame to lose it. Sorry for my English btw…

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Or they could just explore different parts of the Gothic world, if they're so moneyhungry possessed by creative urges to further the game. We've still the souther isles, the eastern archipelago, the orcland, the unknown lands... Not to mention stuff like proto-Gothic, when Jharkendarians and orcs waged war across the isle of Khorinis.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Normarian Beitrag anzeigen
    In the second part, one of the first sentences was something like “Dragons!? Let’s get out of here!!”.
    No, at least in the English version, he only expressed surprise or amazement when he heard about the dragons. But he was quite willing to slay them. He did not even think of just escaping the island. After Xardas confirmed the Dragons, NH only asked what they could do. Xardas didn't even have to tell him that there was no way to get off the island, at least not while the dragons still lived.

convince nameless that wherever they will run the human world will collapse under the dark power of the dragons, Beliar etc. Once again nameless gets involved.
    But WHY did NH get involved? He was not a stereotypical fantasy hero! He only found out later that there was only one ship and that he couldn't just get off the island. He had already agreed to get rid of the dragons by then.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48

Feri ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    No, at least in the English version, he only expressed surprise or amazement when he heard about the dragons.
    You are wrong... In my english version there is a dialoge to get out of khorinis but Xardas quikly explains that there is no other choise than to fight. So nameless does not kill the dragons out of heroism but he was the victim of fate again.
    May the Sleeper aweken!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Hmmm, you are right. There is indeed a dialogue at the beginning but it is completely optional and disappears if you choose anything else. My bad, after all so many playthroughs of Gothic 2, it is the first time I noticed that option.
    Geändert von Nisarg (14.11.2011 um 16:40 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    But WHY did NH get involved? He was not a stereotypical fantasy hero! He only found out later that there was only one ship and that he couldn't just get off the island. He had already agreed to get rid of the dragons by then.
    Most likely because, like I said before, there was personal gain from all of that. He got gold, weapons, armor and he even stole the paladin's ship, leaving all of them trapped in Khorinis until the day they die. He practically doomed the entire island to death just cos he wanted to go away.
    Hey, I'm not hatin' on him. I'm just sayin' how I feel about the Nameless hero. He's one of my favorite characters in one of my favorite games. So don't even think about flaming on me.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Well, it just seems odd to me. He didn't know till after hunting down the dragons that he would have to set sail for Irdorath. If he could capture the ship then, why not before? And there's plenty of other weird behaviour, as I have mentioned before.

Also, I doubt he doomed the island. It seemed a pretty habitable place to me when all the dragons and shit were dead. And who cares about some pompous asses in shiny armour?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    I was always a bit let down by the dragons, they're not
    anything like the magnificent ones in the cutscene. They're
    just kind of lazy, fat asses when you meet them.

Anyway, I took everything from pc_itemfeller and you
    can set sail to Irdorath in Chapter 1

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    I remember those dragons quite annoying, everytime I got closer to them to unleash my fierce, they just threw me away with their fire breath, flew away, healed completely and done it again. I felt so weak
    But nevertheless I can say.. Good times.

I'm not sure, but wasn't sailing to Irdorath and destroying that temple purpose to save Khorinis, which was in the end doomed anyway (or wasn't it?)?

Hearing myself reminds me to replay G2 again.
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54

Feri ist offline
    Yes. gothics story was great but somtimes very unlogical. For example in gothic 1 the invokation of the sleeper: Why doe's Y'Berrion died if he was the spiritualy strongest guru? Why did the vision showed the old orc cemetery? Why were the orcs there? Why didn't the sleeper used the brotherhood better instead?
    May the Sleeper aweken!

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Feri Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes. gothics story was great but somtimes very unlogical. For example in gothic 1 the invokation of the sleeper: Why doe's Y'Berrion died if he was the spiritualy strongest guru? Why did the vision showed the old orc cemetery? Why were the orcs there? Why didn't the sleeper used the brotherhood better instead?
    Obviously the Sleeper was too strong for Y'Berrion, or the Guru was too pure for him to corrupt so he killed him. The orc cemetary might as well have been a decoy, maybe the sleeper wanted to kill a bunch of sect loonies so he set a trap there: sent in a bunch of orcs and hoped that after killing Y'Berrion and showing him the cemetary, some of his followers would go and check it out and die. Hell, the Sleeper did it just for amusement. He thought it was mighty funny.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    Any Gothic game should be a prequel (huh?), focusing
    on hero's life before G1 and then leading up to his crime,
    and what could that have been?

Murder and thievery? Playing around with sheep?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57

Feri ist offline
    Haha. I know! He was cought for spying. He didn't seem know khorinis or the mainland so he must be a forigner, and in myrtana there was war and war means martial law. He was just adventuring and the paladins cought him and think of him as a spy. So they interogated him for two months without succses. He cant admit what he didn't do. Finaly they trown him into the barrier.

That is a quite biliveble story for a gothic preqell
    May the Sleeper aweken!

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Apprentice

watras ist offline
    Maybe because I played Gothic 2 first and too many times compared to G1, but nameless always seemed to me as the apparently indifferent but with a good soul type of guy. His "selfishness" is a product of the harsh world he is living in. In a medieval place populated by ex-cons, mercenaries, corrupt guards, greedy merchants, pompous high placed asses, you can't effort to be "naive" so to say. You have to think for yourself to survive.

Normarian, you have a very good point here! I would add the fact that he is very smart, finding the best ways always to escape, solve and benefit from every situation. His motivation? Whell, don t forget, it is the best part of an RPG, it is every player s motivation. I always go with the good side, I help ppl, I take side of the rebels, always plot against the orcs, never turn in a fugitive slave, etc. Others may want to act completly different. So, we can not talk and define his motivations and character much, because we are the ones playing him after all. This is not a movie, it is a rolle playing game. He has options to help, be polite or just act like a jerk. It all depends on how you are. You can kill the first farmers u see in Gothic 2 b4 entering Korinis and take all their stuff in order to get more experience and loot after you make the quests for them. But I didn t, I considered them my friends, and later in the game, when the farmer s whife was sick I got her a medicine I remember. Others didn t care. Other example would be the conflict between Sarah and Canthar where so manny players tryed to find a way to save Sarah. Others didn care at all when he s out of the jail and took her place anyway, others just played Cantar s game with no remorse. I just turned in him right away than payed him a visit in jail and kill him So... manny options, we just impersonate the character and I am glad that so manny options are available. Why I want him in gothic 5? Because I got attached to him, the same way i get attached to ppl and things I love in life. He was our "avatar" in world of Gothic, some would like to change this avatar, some not. Also, why not have a multiple character options and choose from different characters at the start of the game? We can choose from him and every of his friends with different advantages for each of them.Why adding a completly new character?
    Also the idea abaut a prequel that others posted, NH b4 Gothic 1, his past actions, also an interesting story to be told.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59
    Apprentice

realman ist offline
    I think a prequel wolud be an ideal option to take for a new Gothic game.

And my opinion is that a Gothic game is a Gothic game because it's happening in the Gothic universe and there are loads of storys, myths, historical events that could be made into a game.

For ex.: there's the First Orc War of King Rhobar 1, when he with his paladins destroyed the northern Beliar temple, or we could go back to the time of the Eternal Wanderer when the staff and the scepter were created, or just to the war between Rhobar 2 and Lukor when Lee was still a general of the royal army or as someone already mentioned the Jahrkendarian war.

And so on, and so forth...

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Lehrling Avatar von Jack125698

Jack125698 ist offline
    GO to a: "PREQUAL", I fully agree with it.

(+ you can use same characters)
    (+ our characters are getting old, to fight)
    (+ better, than this Gothic story, about the futur, 500 years later)
    Dam, the game can be worse, than Arcania. With a gothic story of SF)
    Jeezes, it's over with it.

You are one of those 100000's of people, who doesn't HATE the game ??
    And you have the Addon ???
    Play Arcania on NORMAL mode,
    And then play: Fall of SEtarrif on: GOTHIC/MAXIMUM mode,
    Otherwise, you don't have that feeling, that your enemies are
    POSSESSED. So play on MAXIMUM, with your same hero, from before.

Seite 3 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »