Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline

Problem connecting to the internet :((

So, I came home and plugged the network cable into my laptop. It says connected to the network, no internet access. So I hit "diagnostic", and it tells me "cannot connect to DNS server". I restart the laptop, I reset the modem, yet nothing helps. I even reinstalled the ethernet driver, but the problem persists.

I checked the cable and modem, and my mother's netbook works just fine. I am typing this thread on her laptop. So, any idea what the problem might be?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    I know it'll sound stupid but it saved me. Try cleaning your comp from viruses via an antivirus if you haven't. I got the similar thing about a year or 2 ago and it was cause I didn't clean viruses for a long time and they stacked and started slowing everything down. Sorry if it wasn't helpful :/.

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    I've had that problem a few times. I can never recall how I solved it the previous time.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    I know it'll sound stupid but it saved me. Try cleaning your comp from viruses via an antivirus if you haven't. I got the similar thing about a year or 2 ago and it was cause I didn't clean viruses for a long time and they stacked and started slowing everything down. Sorry if it wasn't helpful :/.
    I have Bit Defender working 24/7. I opened the processes, cleaned them up, and nothing.

Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    I've had that problem a few times. I can never recall how I solved it the previous time.
    Well, bits me, I just tried connecting to the net again and it worked. Friggin windows, it's like magic. Now the laptop works fine. Yet I am curious what was that all about.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Microsoft Sorcery 6.1.7601, I guess. Although restarting should have fixed it then. Maybe it was a short little problem with the ISP?
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    Microsoft Sorcery 6.1.7601, I guess. Although restarting should have fixed it then. Maybe it was a short little problem with the ISP?
    It surely wasn't an ISP problem. I repeatedly tried connecting to the internet and restarting the modem and the laptop. My mother's laptop connected flawlessly, mine refused. And now it happens again. I can't connect with my laptop.

Could it be that I need to reinstall windows? I am not too keen on doing that...

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    I had the same problem, now I don't know what does bit defender do, but I installed spybot search & destroy and scanned the PC, after that the problem never occurred again

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Local Hero

mnt ist offline
    Some Hackers from Kosovo, Albania, Morocco,...etc just screwed many Zionist web sites and accounts...etc..
    Geändert von mnt (19.04.2013 um 23:39 Uhr)