Seite 13 von 14 « Erste ... 2691011121314 Letzte »
Ergebnis 241 bis 260 von 266
  1. #241 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    I, for one, hope PB starts a global trend with this.
    It was already started with the worldwide AAA mega hit called The Witcher 3 and nobody listened in the industry.
    Kudos to PB and Nordic for this one, though!
    rotator ist offline

2. #242 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I really don't have any major problems with DLC provided it's cheap and actually contains something useful (not some useless armor packs or weapons). Provided it is not straight out cut from the game, like Mass Effect 3 did. However it is good for Piranha Bytes to include free dlc, but I certainly would want paid expansions. Especially if they can reach the same quality as Witcher 3 expansions did. Hoping for the best here
    Lester1996 ist offline

3. #243 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    My only problem with dlc is when it was clearly finished before the launch of the game (pre order bonuses especially). I was hopping mad when Risen 3 launched with two story dlc right off the bat, but at least they added them at no charge for the first few weeks of release.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

4. #244 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I kinda liked the Risen 2 DLCs. Because they showed what they think about us. They didn't even bother to maintain plausible deniability.

"Oh, no, we didn't cut stuff from the game. The DLCs were commissioned after the main game was done." - "Then how come there are empty slots in the main game that fit exactly to the content of the DLCs? How did you know to do that if you didn't even know that DLCs would be commissioned, let alone with which content?" - "Erm... looky here. Nice screenshot, right?"

I mean, we all know how day one DLCs are really made, but most publishers and developers at least have enough shame to make an effort to hide it. DS/PB didn't.

It was kind of a Donald Trump lie vs. a normal politician lie. Both are lying, but the politician takes care to lie in a way that he can't be caught in it. Trump just doesn't care and lies even about well verifiable facts.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (19.05.2017 um 11:35 Uhr) Grund: typo

5. #245 Zitieren
    banned
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    I kinda liked the Risen 2 DLCs. Because they showed what they think about us. They didn't even bother to maintain plausible deniability.

"Oh, no, we didn't cut stuff from the game. The DLCs were commissioned after the main game was done." - "Then how come there are empty slots in the main game that fit exactly to the content of the DLCs? How did you know to do that if you didn't even that DLCs would be commissioned, let alone with which content?" - "Erm... looky here. Nice screenshot, right?"

I mean, we all know how day one DLCs are really made, but most publishers and developers at least have enough shame to make an effort to hide it. DS/PB didn't.

It was kind of a Donald Trump lie vs. a normal politician lie. Both are lying, but the politician takes care to lie in a way that he can't be caught in it. Trump just doesn't care and lies even about well verifiable facts.
    IIRC you even could start the DLCs with the ingame console, without having to buy them. which means they actually were already in game when they released it. the DLC itself was only an 1mb patch or something, telling the game to activate them.

atleast thats how i remember it.
    AggroBuLLeT ist offline

6. #246 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von AggroBuLLeT Beitrag anzeigen
    IIRC you even could start the DLCs with the ingame console, without having to buy them.
    Oh, yeah. And that.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

7. #247 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von AggroBuLLeT Beitrag anzeigen
    IIRC you even could start the DLCs with the ingame console, without having to buy them. which means they actually were already in game when they released it. the DLC itself was only an 1mb patch or something, telling the game to activate them.

atleast thats how i remember it.
    That's very much a Capcom approach to DLC. Famously gating content in the launch files behind a paywall, and you're just buying the code to unlock them. Most developers/publishers are smart enough not to do that just because savvy players can hack the files open and get it without paying (though this may be detected by online registration/DRM so it's sketchy business if you want to play online).

Foobar, that's fair enough from a sarcastic approach, but frankly I prefer to see DLC that actually looks like it was made after the fact. It's one thing if the drafting and even preliminary programming are done for a DLC before the main game launches, because a lot of the development team are done with their work well before release day while bug fixing occurs. Or even when DLC is built from restored content cut from the original development (Dark Souls, for example, the Artorias of the Abyss DLC featured maps, enemies and NPC's that could actually be found incomplete in the original game files, and modified for the DLC).
    If I recall correctly, our first leak of Risen 3 info was actually a SteamDB page referencing 3 DLC's that were going to be in the game months before the game even got announced, meaning that it was long decided that these DLC's would exist. I suspect that these were isolated chapters from early development when Deep Silver still planned an episodic release, and they were kept that way to be DLC after that idea was scrapped.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

8. #248 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    "Then how come there are empty slots in the main game that fit exactly to the content of the DLCs?
    Explain, please. Give examples. I'm not doubting your or anything, it's just that the DLCs never felt all that interconnected with the rest of the game.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

9. #249 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Explain, please. Give examples. I'm not doubting your or anything, it's just that the DLCs never felt all that interconnected with the rest of the game.
    It's been a while and I don't remember all the details. But I think there was one DLC that added an additional companion to the game. And in the base game, on the companion selection screen, there was a slot for that companion (you know, exact shape of his outline, just darkened out). Something along those lines. All I remember was: There were references in the base game (not necessarily in the content, but also in the GUI) pointing to empty places that were only filled by the DLC.

foobar ist offline

10. #250 Zitieren
    It's been a while and I don't remember all the details. But I think there was one DLC that added an additional companion to the game. And in the base game, on the companion selection screen, there was a slot for that companion (you know, exact shape of his outline, just darkened out). Something along those lines. All I remember was: There were references in the base game (not necessarily in the content, but also in the GUI) pointing to empty places that were only filled by the DLC.
    Oh I thought you were talking about R3 this whole time. Risen 2's DLC was definitely sketchy as well. I have no doubt that the Treasure Isle DLC was gutted from the game to sell separately, considering a big part of promotion involved the continuation of the story with Patty and her mission to find her father's treasure - and yet this was sold to us separately.

As far as that companion, I can only imagine you are referring to Eldric, because I don't think you get any other companions from the DLC. I actually did not think the Air Temple DLC was guilty of as much as Treasure Isle (mostly because the DLC was awful and did not make any sense in the context of the rest of the game), but if you actually did notice that his companion slot existed before the DLC was released, then that kind of puts that assumption to bed.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

11. #251 Zitieren
    banned
    it was not companions, it was legendary items. cant remember which ones.

but in the basegame you could see the shape of them in the legendary item screen, but the only way to get them was the DLCs. in both R2 and R3.
    AggroBuLLeT ist offline

12. #252 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Our dear Morgannin has finally made a new video.

[Video]
    Ravenhearth ist offline

13. #253 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline Geändert von Ravenhearth (23.05.2017 um 18:14 Uhr)

14. #254 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

15. #255 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

16. #256 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

17. #257 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Just wanted to say this game is so unrealistic and have no chance to gothic 2 to gothic 3. Lets hope its strength will lie in story and AI because combat and game mechanics already shown and suck.
    I would really like to see next game with much much bigger budget and not like this one.
    shadowtwinz ist offline

18. #258 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

19. #259 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von shadowtwinz Beitrag anzeigen
    Just wanted to say this game is so unrealistic and have no chance to gothic 2 to gothic 3. Lets hope its strength will lie in story and AI because combat and game mechanics already shown and suck.
    I would really like to see next game with much much bigger budget and not like this one.
    I'm not sure how you define "realistic" in this case, and honestly I think this already looks much better than Gothic 3 in almost every regard.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

20. #260 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    When gothic 3 was in development They said they had huge plans but couldn't acomplish them due to small team tiny budget and 2 years time limited so they rushed gothic 3 after 2 years of development because they needed to release game in time so they rushed it after.
    So imagine right now how good that game could have been !!!!!!!!!!!!! small possibilities, big plans. Maybe someday we will get something like gothic 3 + gothic 2 combo. And dont forget they developed their engine from scratch which was OP in 2006 look at graphics.
    shadowtwinz ist offline

Seite 13 von 14 « Erste ... 2691011121314 Letzte »