Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 15 12345812 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 284
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Fighter Avatar von Glockenbeat

Glockenbeat ist offline

Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition

Yes, you've read this correctly, it's coming! The Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition. And also the patch which you have been sadly waiting for for so long. Over the past weeks and months we have not rested but instead have been working full steam on masses of improvements for the addon of Gothic 3.

We, that is the Community Patch Team which has already been working on the Community Patches for Gothic 3:

Marcel "ANNOmaniac" Trotzek
    Level Design

Marco "ArthusofKD" Wernicke
    2D Graphics, Concept Artist

Peter "Glockenbeat" Schramm
    Producing, Coordination, 3D Modelling

Ralf "Hans Trapp" Schulz
    Worldcompile, Technical Infrastructure

Martin "mdahm" Dahm
    Gameplay Programming, Scripting

Maik "RoiDanton" Sillus
    Game Design, Coordination

Sascha "Supernova" Hübner
    2D Graphics Artist, Localization

Marc "Urban" Münchow
    Technical Director, Lead Programmer, Texture Artist

Additionally there are a lot of testers and translators involved.

Right here exclusively for you are the first screenshots:

[Bild: G3A_EE_HQ_01_thumb.jpg] [Bild: G3A_EE_HQ_03_thumb.jpg] [Bild: G3A_EE_HQ_04_thumb.jpg]
    [Bild: G3A_EE_HQ_05_thumb.jpg] [Bild: G3A_EE_HQ_06_thumb.jpg]
    1920x1080, Very High Detail, Extreme View Range via .ini

[Bild: G3A_Chromatic_Dispersion_thumb.jpg] [Bild: G3A_New_Shadows_thumb.jpg] [Bild: G3A_Cave_Screenshot_thumb.jpg]

I am sure you are already itching to ask some questions, here are the most important answers:

1. Question: Is this an official patch?
      Answer:
      Yes, it totally is. It will be part of the soon to be sold Enhanced Edition of Forsaken Gods, it's being built by the Community Patch Team, produced by our newly formed game development company Mad Vulture Games and it will be published by JoWooD.

2. Question: You have founded a studio for this (Mad Vulture Games) and the patch is being developed under that name?
      Answer:
      MVG is to be looked at independantly from the Community Patch Team. The patch is still developed by the latter.

3. Question: But the patch will be for free?
      Answer:
      Of course! The patch will be free for download for everyone. Additionally it will be part of any future release of the addon directly.

4. Question: So you are getting paid?
      Answer:
      Yes we do! JoWooD and Mad Vulture Games have come to a mutual agreement, and we'll get our piece of the cake.

5. Question: Are you professionals?
      Answer:
      Well that was a big topic in Gothic 3 times . But yes, we are a professional development team which still knows their roots to be in the Gothic community. Which is why we announce this here first.

6. Question: How long do you already work on the patch?
      Answer:
      Since quite some time! The first talks have started in April so it's already more than a half year we've been working on fixes so far.

7. Question: That means the patch must be HUGE?
      Answer:
      Well, apart from bugfixes, the reworked combat system from Gothic 3 1.74, new balancing, improved graphics, revised ingame models, dozens of adjustments in quests and dialogs, improvements to world design as well as stability and performance improvements there are only few adjustments. ;-)

8. Question: Is there going to be new content such as weapons, armors, shields, quests or so?
      Answer:
      No, there are no plans for such things. But that's fine because now the addon may unfold its full potential.

9. Question: May I test the patch before it is finally released?
      Answer:
      All tester's seats are already blocked. Therefore you will unfortunately need to be patient until the final release.

10. Question: Is there something you can show us? Screenshots? Clips? Wallpapers? Stuffed animals? Baseball caps?
      Answer:
      There will be more material very soon. We will keep you up-to-date!

11. Question: How much will I need to download to get the patch?
      Answer:
      Pinpointing this is not possible at this time of course, but we expect to have an end result of about 1,4 to 2 GB in size.

12. Question: Are you going to fix the ATI/AMD shadow bug issue?
      Answer:
      We are heavily working on the ATI/AMD hardware shadows mode. What we can say for sure at this time is that the ATI/AMD shadow workaround you already know from Gothic 3 patch 1.74 will be included - with working torch shadows.

13. Question: When is the patch going to be release or when will the Enhanced Edition hit the shelves?
      Answer:
      When it's done! But we are planning on a release in Q4 2010.

14. Question: The patch is going to be internationally distributed - does that mean I will be able to choose the ingame language?
      Answer:
      Indeed we've changed the system in a way that instead of a split-up string database including all the ingame texts we are now using a complete database. For us this is preferable because administration and distribution will be quite easier - for you this means that you may freely select the subtitle language ingame. English speech with Chinese subtitles? No problem!

Cheers,
    Peter "Glockenbeat" Schramm
    Mad Vulture Games
    Geändert von Glockenbeat (07.12.2010 um 21:06 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von innubis

innubis ist offline
    Im happy for the news,

Now could it be possible JoWood may give you full projects in the future, Lets say, like Gothic 5 ?
    live long, die happy. life sucks, and then you die.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ranger Avatar von maledepecher

maledepecher ist offline
    At last I can play Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods with this Huge Patch.
    Let's hope they can fix 99% of bugs.
    I hope they will not screw this up.

And I hope they will make a patch even for Arcania-Gothic 4 to use zoom in and out of the new nameless hero so I can see his full body when i run, not his half back and head.
    Arcania Gothic 4 has even lags on my pc, and I have a very good pc.It consume to much resourse.
    Geändert von maledepecher (31.10.2010 um 03:59 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Veteran Avatar von vic1968

vic1968 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Glockenbeat Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, you've read this correctly, it's coming!
    Hm, these seem to be good news.
    It will be part of the soon to be sold Enhanced Edition of Forsaken Gods...it will be published by JoWooD.
    What?!In fact, that is a patch, isn't it?Why I must pay for it?
    ]Question: So you are getting paid?
    Answer:[/b] Yes we do!
    That's correct, the work ( and that was a hard one, I'm sure of this ) MUST be paid.But not from my pocket, you know...I must inform you that I already bought FG.

This is another JoWood joke and, in any case, I shall not buy it.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von maledepecher Beitrag anzeigen
    And I hope they will make a patch even for Arcania-Gothic 4 to use zoom in and out of the new nameless hero so I can see his full body when i run, not his half back and head.
    G4 is brand new. Let's hope that Spellbound will solve the currently known bugs and include the most wanted features (like zoom).

Zitat Zitat von vic1968 Beitrag anzeigen
    What?!In fact, that is a patch, isn't it?Why I must pay for it?
    You won't have to pay for it, don't worry! The patch will be downloadable for free, and besides that, it will be incoporated in the "Forsaken Gods" editions that will be published in the future.
    Geändert von mdahm (31.10.2010 um 10:23 Uhr)

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Well, you can polish a turd all you want, but it remains a turd.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Interesting. So... it's not a community patch anymore? Or MV is just 'producing' and CPT is 'developing'?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Interesting. So... it's not a community patch anymore? Or MV is just 'producing' and CPT is 'developing'?
    It's a patch made (developed, programmed) by people of the Community. Mad Vulture is our "legal representation" in matters of contracts with JoWood etc.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    So, can we expect MVG (aka the CPT?) to embark on developing their own game from scratch (or as much from scratch as anyone develops their games these days) in the future?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Fighter Avatar von PaladinofInnos

PaladinofInnos ist offline
    Thats very good news indeed!
    In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti...

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #11

Glockenbeat ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    So, can we expect MVG (aka the CPT?) to embark on developing their own game from scratch (or as much from scratch as anyone develops their games these days) in the future?
    Well that's a good one.

As mdahm already stated MVG is currently the producing company and the "legal representation". It has been established as one step to get this project done, but in fact it is an independant company.

The patch and the improvements however are coded and developed by the Community Patch Team.

So in the end we have two different entities here, and each of those might have future plans (at least I know that MVG has as I'm the founder ) but there's nothing to say at this time.

I'm pretty sure though that ArcaniA will remain a Spellbound project.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Ah I'll finally be able to finish this game. It seemed like a good game it's just all the freezing and save corrupting that made me leave it.

Q4 2010 can't wait

Btw a really nooby question, I can play Gothic 3 great on high settings so once this patch is released will Gothic 3 FG peform just as well?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    Ah I'll finally be able to finish this game.
    Yes and no. You'll have to start a new game after installing the patch, so you won't be able to finish that actual game you already started.
    But the one you'lll start anew then.

Btw a really nooby question, I can play Gothic 3 great on high settings so once this patch is released will Gothic 3 FG peform just as well?
    Most certainly. We used the code of CP 1.74 as base for FSG.

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #14

Glockenbeat ist offline
    One addition to mdahm's post:

The screenshots have been taken in 1920x1080, Very High Detail, plus extreme view range edited via .ini settings.
    My machine is an i7 860, 6 GB RAM, AMD 5870. It constantly runs at > 25-30 FPS - but that is up to your machine and background processes and such.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Dear Mad Vulture team ! Since you got so much experience with programming and gaming ,why don`t you please remake gothic 4?? Ask permission from Jowood and develop a new game...or else the gothic games are DEAD !

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Thanks very much for the replies.

Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes and no. You'll have to start a new game after installing the patch, so you won't be able to finish that actual game you already started.
    Ah yes I know that, all my saves have gone corrupted anyway.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Ranger Avatar von maledepecher

maledepecher ist offline

The screenshots have been taken in 1920x1080, Very High Detail, plus extreme view range edited via .ini settings.
    My machine is an i7 860, 6 GB RAM, AMD 5870. It constantly runs at > 25-30 FPS - but that is up to your machine and background processes and such.
    Your computer is a beast of course it works well.
    If Gothic 3 F.G. Enhanced Edition have at least 25-30 FPS on very high detail on my computer only then Gothic 3 F.G. Enhanced Edition is perfect made.
    And my computer is:
    Motherboard Gigabyte with chipset AMD
    AMD Athlon II 240 2800+
    4 GB DDR2 667 MHz
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB DDR3 128bit
    Windows 7 32bit Ultimate Edition

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Knight Avatar von Gor_Na_Drak

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    [*]Question: So you are getting paid?
    Answer:
    Yes we do! JoWooD and Mad Vulture Games have come to a mutual agreement, and we'll get our piece of the cake.
    Well I am very pleased to hear this, you guys deserve it. But if I were you I wouldn't be too surprised if the check bounces. I'd get that thing and cash it before their annual general meeting on Nov 9. They may change their mind.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    I'm guessing that this will be FG's "1.74 patch"
    Still it'll remain a crappy excuse for a game, unfortunately no patch can possibly change that.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Fighter Avatar von PaladinofInnos

PaladinofInnos ist offline

25-30 fps with or without patch?

Cause 30 fps for such a powerful pc like yours, is a very low framerate. It should be at least 60. I mean, if you get this framerate with the new patch, then the patch doesnt fix much regarding performance.
    In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti...
    Geändert von PaladinofInnos (01.11.2010 um 19:03 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 15 12345812 ... Letzte »