Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 2 von 59 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 1179
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blubberzwerg Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for the quick response! I just looked in the journal and there is nothing about crafting bows. Only skin and meat extraction from bosper.
    I'm using the 4gb patch on top of your mod files and nothing else. Could that be a problem? I also did some changes in the ini files, if something like that could explain the problem...
    Can you post a screenshot of your dialogue options when talking to Bosper?

I don't think those things are the problem.. What did you change?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22 Zitieren
    Neuling

Blubberzwerg ist offline
    I previously tried an older L'hiver edition, there were hunger and thirst, in this one there is nothing of the kind. maybe my script file is somehow broken and just the map content is there? I see all the abilities in my character sheet though. *confused*

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    I previously tried an older L'hiver edition, there were hunger and thirst, in this one there is nothing of the kind. maybe my script file is somehow broken and just the map content is there? I see all the abilities in my character sheet though. *confused*
    Try download everything again and use the new files, previous versions might have some bugs, who knows, but i'm sure that the new one is working perfectly fine

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24 Zitieren
    Neuling

Blubberzwerg ist offline

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25 Zitieren
    Neuling

Blubberzwerg ist offline
    Reinstalled both files, nothing changed. Tried to remove the scripts file, but then theres a whole different looking GUI, so i think its working as intended. I'm using GothicStarter.exe, is that a problem?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26 Zitieren
    Neuling

Blubberzwerg ist offline
    And another thing I remembered: I used a savegame from l'hiver 0.9.6... I was just happy that it loaded but maybe thats the problem?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    And another thing I remembered: I used a savegame from l'hiver 0.9.6... I was just happy that it loaded but maybe thats the problem?
    Yep that's probably why.. 0.9.6 had some bugs in the dialogs files.. When the guy translated it he just copied and pasted vanilla dialogs but L'Hiver added new dialogs (the one for new talets such as bowmaking, armormaking, enchanting and so on). So i think that's the problem, start a new game and it'll be all fine

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28 Zitieren
    Neuling

Blubberzwerg ist offline
    Thanks for your time! Is there any complete list of changes of the mod? I just found different changelogs of all the versions that have been released.

Also: How can I test if the new game works now? Everything looks the same as the last time, I wouldn't want to play until I'm apprentice again to be sure?
    For example: Have you removed hunger/thirst and weight of the items? Because I dont see those.
    Geändert von Blubberzwerg (26.07.2018 um 20:34 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Thanks for your time! Is there any complete list of changes of the mod? I just found different changelogs of all the versions that have been released.
    In the first post you can find all the changelogs, 'Original version changelogs' contains the changes made by the original L'Hiver, then you can find 'Polish version changelogs' which contains the few changes that the Polish community made to L'Hiver and in the end, under 'English version changelogs' you can find the changes made by us, every one is sorted by version.

Also: How can I test if the new game works now? Everything looks the same as the last time, I wouldn't want to play until I'm apprentice again to be sure?
    For example: Have you removed hunger/thirst and weight of the items? Because I dont see those.
    If you don't see hunger and thirst then it works, because in the newest version that system was removed.
    Also if you followed everything right, the game will work perfectly fine, it has been tested by many

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30 Zitieren
    Apprentice

RandalMcdaniel ist offline

Ordinador Texture optimizer

I really think im on to something. This program called Ordenador, it automatically optimizes texture files. Just for shits and giggles i ran the folder GD3D11\textures through ordenador and the difference is huge! Game is running like butter smooth now i can even run through the entire harbor/city area without any stutters

You can download it from the skyrim nexus but it works on any game that uses common .dds textures

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (29.07.2018 um 08:41 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RandalMcdaniel Beitrag anzeigen
    I really think im on to something. This program called Ordenador, it automatically optimizes texture files. Just for shits and giggles i ran the folder GD3D11\textures through ordenador and the difference is huge! Game is running like butter smooth now i can even run through the entire harbor/city area without any stutters

You can download it from the skyrim nexus but it works on any game that uses common .dds textures

Probably very nice for GPUs that are somewhat dated and have little/any dedicated ram (shared-ram setups, etc.), I'm sure. That is originally what texture compression was developed for. If you have a decent dedicated GPU with 4-8GBs dedicated vram, game runs smooth without a need for compression--I run it maxxed SSFSAA, @ 3840x2160, etc. (RX-480 8GB)--Nice find, though! It may definitely help people with laptops and older GPUs, I 'm sure...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32 Zitieren
    Lehrling

s!ckmyduck ist offline
    hi,

i have the problem that i cant select 2560x1440 (pressing F11, then the graphic detail menu appears. When i move the "resolution"-slider, it immediately jumps vom 1920×1080 to
    3840 × 2160, 2560x1440 simply is not there).
    This is especially strange since my monitor has a native resolution of 2560x1440.

can you help?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zitat Zitat von waltc Beitrag anzeigen
    Probably very nice for GPUs that are somewhat dated and have little/any dedicated ram (shared-ram setups, etc.), I'm sure. That is originally what texture compression was developed for. If you have a decent dedicated GPU with 4-8GBs dedicated vram, game runs smooth without a need for compression--I run it maxxed SSFSAA, @ 3840x2160, etc. (RX-480 8GB)--Nice find, though! It may definitely help people with laptops and older GPUs, I 'm sure...
    No it really transformed my experience from stuttery to smooth and i have a good pc. i7 6700k, gtx1080, 16gb ddr4@3000mhz, 500gb evo 850 ssd.

If i have the time i will make a video of me running from the harbor all the way to onars farm with and without the optimized textures. The difference is monumental

In fact, the very first moments after loading the game using the default GD3D11 textures is nothing but 10-15 seconds of pure lag before i can even begin to run around. Then when i run ordenador and optimize the textures the game starts normally and i can run around immediately

Sorry if i sound like a dick but this is one of those things you really shouldn't talk about until you try for yourself

The game ran smoother for me when i played on my R9 290X a long time ago. I used Lhivers 0.9.1 and GD3D11 version 13.1 or something. Nowadays its just too stuttery. Luckily ordenador texture optimizer fixed all my issues

The problem is that the game engine simply can not support this much texture data. And the textures aren't optimized

Only thing i hate so far about L Hivers is the fact that being a bow/crossbow class is simply not an option. 10 gold per arrow damn, You literally can not afford to be a ranged class in LHivers. Say If a player wants to be a bow character and uses about 3000 arrows throughout the course of the entire game.. Thats 30,000 gold in arrow costs!!... Is it even possible 30k gold in gothic2? lol
    Geändert von RandalMcdaniel (30.07.2018 um 01:30 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline

Seems interesting, when i have some time i'll try it thanks

Zitat Zitat von s!ckmyduck Beitrag anzeigen
    hi,

i have the problem that i cant select 2560x1440 (pressing F11, then the graphic detail menu appears. When i move the "resolution"-slider, it immediately jumps vom 1920×1080 to
    3840 × 2160, 2560x1440 simply is not there).
    This is especially strange since my monitor has a native resolution of 2560x1440.

can you help?
    I don't know anything about D3D11 sorry, but you can ask in the main topic, i'm sure someone can help you

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    Seems interesting, when i have some time i'll try it thanks

I don't know anything about D3D11 sorry, but you can ask in the main topic, i'm sure someone can help you
    I don't think that ordenator program would apply to you then, The dx11 mod seems to put the game textures in a seperate folder and thats what i told ordenator to optimize. I don't know if the non-dx11 version has the texture files laying around somewhere

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36 Zitieren
    Lehrling

s!ckmyduck ist offline
    ty, will do!

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sorry to sound negative but at this point i am regretting installing L'Hivers full.

I played gothic2 GD3D11 + Lhivers graphics&world only and it was one of the best gaming experiences i ever had in my life

I thought L'Hiver's mod simply fixed the combat so you could not easy-cheese your entire way through the game.

However what i got is extremely different from what i was expecting. It seems like L'Hiver hates anything rpg-related and nerfs it completely into the ground

You know how RPG games are supposed to be fun? like getting a job, crafting, gathering, stealing, selling? Well L'Hiver basically gives you the middle finger if you want to do any of those things. He made it so nothing is profitable.

He nerfed everything to the point where the whole entire game world is no longer logical. Like it costs 200gold for an elixer of speed potion which consists of nothing more than a snapperweed+meadowknotweed. Yet if i make it myself i can only sell it for 20 gold?

It seems like to make the game more difficult he just chopped up all means of making money and also jacked up the prices of pretty much everything in the game.

What you are left with is an irrationally difficult game that requires 50-100 quickloads per enemy encounter

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Sorry to sound negative but at this point i am regretting installing L'Hivers full.

I played gothic2 GD3D11 + Lhivers graphics&world only and it was one of the best gaming experiences i ever had in my life

I thought L'Hiver's mod simply fixed the combat so you could not easy-cheese your entire way through the game.

However what i got is extremely different from what i was expecting. It seems like L'Hiver hates anything rpg-related and nerfs it completely into the ground

You know how RPG games are supposed to be fun? like getting a job, crafting, gathering, stealing, selling? Well L'Hiver basically gives you the middle finger if you want to do any of those things. He made it so nothing is profitable.

He nerfed everything to the point where the whole entire game world is no longer logical. Like it costs 200gold for an elixer of speed potion which consists of nothing more than a snapperweed+meadowknotweed. Yet if i make it myself i can only sell it for 20 gold?

It seems like to make the game more difficult he just chopped up all means of making money and also jacked up the prices of pretty much everything in the game.

What you are left with is an irrationally difficult game that requires 50-100 quickloads per enemy encounter
    That's how the creator decided to balance the game, but i'm thinking about gold balance. Thank you for your feedback

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39 Zitieren
    Apprentice

I take it back! i finally got strong enough to where i can successfully defeat enemies. I made that flamepost because dying and quickloading over and over again drove me mad! Sorry

Lhivers is DEFINATELY more difficult than vanilla. But the difficulty makes more sense in the long run. And i am so happy that he removed all of the OCD-Enraging little gimmicks (For example in vanilla you have to wait until late-game before using your permanent stat boosting potions for the biggest effect). Now that annoying crap no longer matters. You can level up freely without worrying about min/maxing. Thank god.

The more i play it the more i realize how much of a quality experience it truly is. I did not realize how high quality L Hivers mod was until i installed RETURNING 2.0. Lhivers version seriously looks 1000x better.

Without Lhivers, GD3D11 mod would be a lot less exciting

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    I take it back! i finally got strong enough to where i can successfully defeat enemies. I made that flamepost because dying and quickloading over and over again drove me mad! Sorry

Lhivers is DEFINATELY more difficult than vanilla. But the difficulty makes more sense in the long run. And i am so happy that he removed all of the OCD-Enraging little gimmicks (For example in vanilla you have to wait until late-game before using your permanent stat boosting potions for the biggest effect). Now that annoying crap no longer matters. You can level up freely without worrying about min/maxing. Thank god.

The more i play it the more i realize how much of a quality experience it truly is. I did not realize how high quality L Hivers mod was until i installed RETURNING 2.0. Lhivers version seriously looks 1000x better.

Without Lhivers, GD3D11 mod would be a lot less exciting
    I'm glad that you're liking it
    If you find any bug/mistranslation or you just want to give us some ideas for future content let me know, we'll consider everything

Seite 2 von 59 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »