Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 76
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline

[Release] Gothic 1: Unofficial Patch

Hello WoG Community,

We are delighted to announce the first version of our Gothic 1 Patch effort .

In spite of an 8 year old engine, Gothic 1 is a great, timeless RPG. However, as it's successors did, Gothic 1 is not without it's fair share of bugs, ranging from minor inconveniences to some serious gameplay issues. We aim to not only address these modicum of errors, but to build up on and improve the quality of the Game in our unofficial patch for Gothic 1.

Due to time constraints and our shifting of team focus to our new project, we have decided to release this patch as a release candidate that is open to the public for beta testing. As such, some fixes may not work correctly, there are errors we still have not addressed, and some we may have missed.

Therefore, we would like you to assist us in helping to spot such errors. This will help us to ensure that the patch does what it's supposed to do, and should help us enhance the quality of our patches, both present and future, as a whole.

Without any further ado, enjoy our Gothic 1 patch.

Update 10/13/2009:

Our newest release candidate is up to bat. Please download and enjoy .

Best Regards,

The Ironkeep Studios Team

Download Mirrors (more forthcoming):

Ironkeep Studios Website
    World of Gothic
    Filefront
    The Patches Scrolls
    AtomicGamer

Let us know if you dl'ed it from somewhere else, and we'll add the link .

Installing on a Non-English copy of Gothic

This is for all users who don't own the English Gothic 1. Please follow these guidelines and let us know if they work.

1. If you have already installed the patch over your copy, uninstall and reinstall your copy of Gothic.
    2. Navigate to the following directory: _work/Data/Scripts/Content/Cutscene.
    3. Find the ou.bin file and rename it to ou.bin.bak.
    4. Install the Patch.
    5. Go back to that directory, and delete the ou.bin file installed by the patch.
    6. Rename ou.bin.bak back to ou.bin.
    7. Your languages subtitles should be preserved .
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.
    Geändert von Korianous (07.11.2009 um 00:37 Uhr) Grund: new mirror & install instructions.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Apprentice

Ghildrean ist offline
    · Buster still teach Acrobatics over and over, even when you have already learned it. The dialog should check if you have learned the Acrobatic skill, but it doesn't.
    · The door of the Troll Canyon cause an exploit spawning goblings warriors every time you use the wheel (deleting the "Troll_Wheel = 3;" entry of the scripts was a bad idea).
    · The "stuck wheel" bug of the Old Mine is in fact intended, but not well implemented. The bug cause the wheel to stuck when you use it, even if you don't open the door. What it should be is the wheel being stuck after you use it AND open the door (when you open the door, you shouldn't be able to close it). According to the scripts, it should be this way. I think it's, somehow, related to the "AI_UseMob(1)/(-1)" functions.

In fact, you deleted dialogs without conditions of some NPCs (Scatty, Gorn, Bartholo, the Ricelord, Baal Namib) when you only should assign them a condition.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ghildrean Beitrag anzeigen
    In fact, you deleted dialogs without conditions of some NPCs (Scatty, Gorn, Bartholo, the Ricelord, Baal Namib) when you only should assign them a condition.
    Those dialogues are unused (cut content). Therefore I simply commented them out as they cause more problems when left in.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to address this:

· The "stuck wheel" bug of the Old Mine is in fact intended, but not well implemented. The bug cause the wheel to stuck when you use it, even if you don't open the door. What it should be is the wheel being stuck after you use it AND open the door (when you open the door, you shouldn't be able to close it). According to the scripts, it should be this way. I think it's, somehow, related to the "AI_UseMob(1)/(-1)" functions.
    It was indeed intended to work as such, however, there are flaws in how this was delivered, for the reasons you mentioned above, as such this does not work well. Therefore we have decided to rework it as it was a flawed concept.

· The door of the Troll Canyon cause an exploit spawning goblings warriors every time you use the wheel (deleting the "Troll_Wheel = 3;" entry of the scripts was a bad idea).
    The exploit we can fix.
    Geändert von Korianous (08.09.2009 um 18:20 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Adventurer Avatar von vytaz111

vytaz111 ist offline
    Hi nice work already.But also please fix those bugs
    1.Bug with Buster and acrobatics
    2.Bug of unlimited meat
    3.Falling with no damage
    4.Bug of becoming Guard and Mage at same time in Old Camp
    5.Graphical bug in forest near old camp

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

Korianous ist offline
    Thanks for your reports, vytaz and Ghildrean. We will look into these things and other things we have noticed .

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Apprentice

Cambion12 ist offline
    · Buster still teach Acrobatics over and over, even when you have already learned it. The dialog should check if you have learned the Acrobatic skill, but it doesn't.

besides you can't spell "its" (real congrats for that), you're just messing up with this ridiculous wannabe patch.

you think you will become famous with this??? i don't think so....

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Einmalposter

coaster ist offline
    Well done, I'm very pleased that you're taking the time to fix my favourite game. Will definitely use this patch next time I play.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Cambion12 Beitrag anzeigen
    besides you can't spell "its" (real congrats for that), you're just messing up with this ridiculous wannabe patch.

you think you will become famous with this??? i don't think so....
    "its" was spelled correctly, assuming you and I are looking at the same thing. The only thing was the apostrophe, which is mostly unnecessary, but not in any way a spelling error. Congratulations at your attempt on being insulting.

Anyway, if you want to insult other users for posting constructive feedback, kindly go somewhere else. Take this as a forewarning.

@coaster- Thanks for the feedback. Oh and welcome to the forum §welcome.
    Geändert von Korianous (09.09.2009 um 19:33 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Wow its great but I was wondering if you guys heard about the invisible inventory items? Is there a way to fix it? I have a ATI X1650 and looked at a couple of forums stating that gothic isnt compatitple with the X1000 series.

Thanks

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    Wow its great but I was wondering if you guys heard about the invisible inventory items? Is there a way to fix it? I have a ATI X1650 and looked at a couple of forums stating that gothic isnt compatitple with the X1000 series.

Thanks
    It's something I've been investigating. NicoDE (former PB programmer) looked into this a while ago, but he was not able to find the solution. This is a hard one for me to investigate, as I have no machine with which to reproduce the error. The error is prevalent on some NVidia Geforce cards as well, but can be fixed by some .ini manipulation.

The problem, according to Freddy (German modder and author of the Textures/Worlds Patch) is incorrect rendering sequences with newer video cards, in this case items are rendered behind the levelmesh. Manipulation of this will require engine patching, which is be tricky and difficult without access to the source code.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    It's something I've been investigating. NicoDE (former PB programmer) looked into this a while ago, but he was not able to find the solution. This is a hard one for me to investigate, as I have no machine with which to reproduce the error. The error is prevalent on some NVidia Geforce cards as well, but can be fixed by some .ini manipulation.

The problem, according to Freddy (German modder and author of the Textures/Worlds Patch) is incorrect rendering sequences with newer video cards, in this case items are rendered behind the levelmesh. Manipulation of this will require engine patching, which is be tricky and difficult without access to the source code.
    Ah I see well thanks for the fast reply and I guess its just a simple way of waiting until someone can find a solution, it dosent really bother me much but slows me down abit as I need to scroll through all the items till I get to the right one im looking for.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    Ah I see well thanks for the fast reply and I guess its just a simple way of waiting until someone can find a solution, it dosent really bother me much but slows me down abit as I need to scroll through all the items till I get to the right one im looking for.
    Don't worry, we are looking into it. If there is a way to solve the issue, we will find it .

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Apprentice

Ghildrean ist offline
    besides you can't spell "its"
    Oh, sorry for writting "It's" instead of "It is". I thought this contraction was gramatically correct.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

Korianous ist offline
    Oh, sorry for writting "It's" instead of "It is". I thought this contraction was gramatically correct.
    It's alright . The contraction is correct but often unused in informal writing. But conventions of English grammar are quite off-topic in this thread.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Just arrived

desertruner09 ist offline
    I applaud you for taking the time to patch up the Gothic series. I've played some of G2 and G3 (never finished them because of school) and got hooked on the great atmosphere so I recently bought Gothic Universe so I can start from the beginning (plus it has G2 Gold). One question though, will I have to start a new game if I install the G1 patch? Keep up the great work.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von desertruner09 Beitrag anzeigen
    ... will I have to start a new game if I install the G1 patch? Keep up the great work.
    To see some changes, it's possible, as many changes are story driven.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    I've seen in the readme file the changes, and I remembered one bug that you should, maybe, remove: the Rice Lord will continue to give you 12 bottles of water everytime you tell him Lefty sent you. I can't remember another bug right now.

Maybe you should create (if possible and where possible) an installer with multiple options, so everyone might be able to select which features to install (like story bugs, in extremo, widescreen, and so on).

I am saying this because I have installed the patch but I have no idea what files did it copied in Gothic ( I already had patches (.vdf) for in extremo and widescreen).

p.s. I remembered I was never able to use Cipher as a merchant (to make him take a big amount of weed) but I'm not sure if this is a bug.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Our patches will try to contain as many fixes as possible and will also serve as basis for any future projects. Thus, they are core, and should be applied on vanilla installs only.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    p.s. I remembered I was never able to use Cipher as a merchant (to make him take a big amount of weed) but I'm not sure if this is a bug.
    That is triggered only by certain events occuring in the story.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Adventurer Avatar von vytaz111

vytaz111 ist offline
    Tnhx guys for patching G1 and plz fix as many bugs as you can.Can you fix such bugs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb30rvNQsDw
    look at link i gave you

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »