Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 7 von 8 « Erste ... 345678 Letzte »
Ergebnis 121 bis 140 von 158
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #121
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Yes, our patch does not include those fixes, because it was built from the ground up based on the original scripts. It doesn't however mean that more fixes shouldn't be included.

ETA: unknown

2. Beiträge anzeigen #122
    Rookie

OmYcroN ist offline
    Hello. I've installed Gothic 2 Gold + NotR (english) and this patch.
    1. Is this patch for english version ?
    2. The installer fails to create the uninstaller. Is this a problem ?
    3. I have no failed quest in G2 (I think they just disappear). Why ?
    4. I have many crashes (game freezes and then acces violation errors). My PC
    has Win7 x64, AMD X4 Phenom, nVidia 460 GTX, 8 Gb RAM. The game or the patch causes the crashes ?
    5. The game was at version 2.7 and after the patch is at 2.6. Is that OK?
    Hope that somebody will clear out some of this questions. Thanks.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #123
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von OmYcroN Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello. I've installed Gothic 2 Gold + NotR (english) and this patch.
    1. Is this patch for english version ?
    2. The installer fails to create the uninstaller. Is this a problem ?
    3. I have no failed quest in G2 (I think they just disappear). Why ?
    4. I have many crashes (game freezes and then acces violation errors). My PC
    has Win7 x64, AMD X4 Phenom, nVidia 460 GTX, 8 Gb RAM. The game or the patch causes the crashes ?
    5. The game was at version 2.7 and after the patch is at 2.6. Is that OK?
    Hope that somebody will clear out some of this questions. Thanks.
    Right, let's see.

1. - yes
    2. - known problem, you can safely ignore
    3. - that is weird. You did start a new game after installing the patch, didn't you?
    4. - That could likely be due to installing the nvidia fix. It is no longer required, as nVidia have released a proper fix for Gothic 2. Go to your Gothic 2 directory, then go to "System" and see if you have the following files there: ddraw.dll, libwine.dll and wined3d.dll. If you do, delete/move them and see if it changes anything.
    5. - it's fine. The new exe is the so called "report version". Whenever there is a crash, it returns back more meaningful feedback and it is also a prerequisite for many mods.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #124
    Rookie

OmYcroN ist offline
    Yes, I started a new game. The failed quests list is empty but I know for sure that I have some failed ones because they don't appear anywhere (ex. A Fatal Situation - I've killed Senyan and the quest has disappeared.) Is there any way I can see my failed quests ?

I don't have those files in System folder.

Also I can't see any cinematics, only hear them.

Thanks for the quick reply Tratos.
    Geändert von OmYcroN (30.08.2011 um 17:19 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #125
    Rookie

bfkod ist offline
    I need help.

Everything looks fine besides item names, journal entries and dialogue options. Dubbing and text on top of the screen during talking its in my language. How do i change some of the text from English to Polish? Which file i need to replace with the original one?

I hope there will be fast reply, bacause i want play so badly!
    Sorry for my Enlgish and thank you for patching this great game.

EDIT:
    I replaced Gothic.dat file and its seems to be ok. But this file is fixing some bugs, right?
    Geändert von bfkod (30.08.2011 um 22:45 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #126
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von OmYcroN Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, I started a new game. The failed quests list is empty but I know for sure that I have some failed ones because they don't appear anywhere (ex. A Fatal Situation - I've killed Senyan and the quest has disappeared.) Is there any way I can see my failed quests ?

I don't have those files in System folder.

Also I can't see any cinematics, only hear them.
    That's weird, on both accounts. I'm guessing you did install the newest ForceWare for nVidia, right? As for the quests, the ultimate test would be to try the game without the patch and see if you can fail those, otherwise - this is a first.

Zitat Zitat von bfkod Beitrag anzeigen
    I need help.

Everything looks fine besides item names, journal entries and dialogue options. Dubbing and text on top of the screen during talking its in my language. How do i change some of the text from English to Polish? Which file i need to replace with the original one?

I hope there will be fast reply, bacause i want play so badly!
    Sorry for my Enlgish and thank you for patching this great game.

EDIT:
    I replaced Gothic.dat file and its seems to be ok. But this file is fixing some bugs, right?
    Part of the translation is in ou.bin, and another part is indeed in Gothic.dat. But Gothic.dat does indeed include all of the game scripts, so yeah - by replacing that file you effectively nullify 95% of the patch.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #127
    Rookie

bfkod ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Part of the translation is in ou.bin, and another part is indeed in Gothic.dat. But Gothic.dat does indeed include all of the game scripts, so yeah - by replacing that file you effectively nullify 95% of the patch.
    Is there any way to keep patched version of this file in my language?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #128
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Is there any way to keep patched version of this file in my language?
    Sorry, but this way may be too complex for newbies:
    1. Decompile English game scripts from CP v2.10 (gothic.dat & ou.bin) via Spacer 2 or Gothic Sourcer.
    2. Replace all English texts in project with a Polish ones.
    3. Compile modified project - you'll get Polish game scripts.
    4. Replace English game scripts with a Polish ones.
    Geändert von Dimus (31.08.2011 um 15:21 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #129
    Rookie

bfkod ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    Sorry, but this way may be too complex for newbies:
    1. Decompile English game scripts from CP v2.10 (gothic.dat & ou.bin) via Spacer 2 or Gothic Sourcer.
    2. Replace all English texts in project with a Polish ones.
    3. Compile modified project - you'll get Polish game scripts.
    4. Replace English game scripts with a Polish ones.
    Point 2 will take forever i think. And i dont know how to do this all things.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #130
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Point 2 will take forever i think. And i dont know how to do this all things.
    You could simply replace the ou.bin with a polish one, that file only contains dialoge lines. The other stuff, like item names, the dialog choices, etc. will still be in English, as those are stored in Gothic.dat

Also, there is that persisting problem with sourcer induced errors upon decompilation, which need to be fixed every time. Is that true for Spacer 2 as well?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #131
    Rookie

OmYcroN ist offline
    I've started a new game and I had a failed quests with Rengaru (I think - I've let him go after the chase). Then I started a new game but with the patch applyed. I can upload a savegame for "analysis" if that will lead to the bug that's causing my failed quests not to appear. And I have the latest drivers/win patches applyed and antivirus protection (if an virus or something where the problem).

12. Beiträge anzeigen #132
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    We'll have to hope for Korianous to arrive. He's much more of an expert.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #133
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Imho editing a file for your own, without distributing it and especially since it's not about removing a copy protection... I say it's nothing wrong. It's fair use.

Although I can't understand why that little German text can bug people so much. You see it for 1-2 seconds.
    Am re-investigating Gothic II as I'd played it and enjoyed it years ago, so I repurchased Gothic II, Gothic 3, and Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods a couple of months ago in a sale package from Steam--at a price so low I'm embarrassed to quote it (yet overjoyed at such a good deal!) Currently I am taking my time with G2, using both your mod here 2.6(fix) to replace the 2.7 Steam version--got plenty of time to get into the other games later. Ah--so many games--so little time!...

I'm not using your texture mod as I found another which I believe is probably better (released later than yours): It's Vurt's G2 texture mod as described here, which I am sure you know all about...I like it a lot so far:http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11732

Just thought I'd reiterate that Steam, of course, does away with the CD/DVD check (since you don't get a disk with a Steam game.) Interestingly enough there were no conflicts in installing your 2.10 patch with Steam, and I did nothing except substitute your 2.6(fix) version for the 2.7 version of the executable included with the Steam version, along with the other files from the .rar version of the patch. So now the game works whether I've got Steam running or not--but I can still run Steam and start the game from the Steam interface without a problem. I'm pretty happy about it as it all seems like fair use to me...

And the German text on the little splash screen and in the cache rebuilding text box bothers me not at all... It's a shame you guys had such problems with the re-balancing you originally tried to do--it looked like a herculean, well-intentioned effort--so I know it must've been galling to have to drop that part of the project. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

14. Beiträge anzeigen #134
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von waltc Beitrag anzeigen
    And the German text on the little splash screen and in the cache rebuilding text box bothers me not at all... It's a shame you guys had such problems with the re-balancing you originally tried to do--it looked like a herculean, well-intentioned effort--so I know it must've been galling to have to drop that part of the project. Thanks so much for all your hard work!
    It is not over and those things shall be fixed. I'm waiting for a critical piece of the puzzle from Korianous and then you'll get the chance to play the alternative balance mod again.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #135
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    It is not over and those things shall be fixed. I'm waiting for a critical piece of the puzzle from Korianous and then you'll get the chance to play the alternative balance mod again.
    Great! Looking forward to it! What a pleasant surprise...!

16. Beiträge anzeigen #136
    Rookie

veljkovic ist offline
    Can anyone please put the link with this patch's archive format? I have a problem with the uninstaller at the end of the install.
    i have tried every link on this tread and none of them work.

Also i have a question.when i install this patch and it give an error in the end about a uninstaler and reverts, are the modifications of this patch in the game but without an uninstaler or is it like there is no patch?
    Swift answer please.
    Thank you.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #137
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Blimey, I've been neglecting my host provider for so long, I never noticed that the server was taken down. At least it seems so and no news about it. I'm guessing that means there is no on-line patch right now.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #138
    Rookie

dreamer2008 ist offline
    So, is the archive uploaded somewhere else?

I wanted to play but I've made the mistake of installing the patch, noticed the error at the end, then I reinstalled the game hoping to solve the problem. And then I had the surprise that I can't install the patch again. CCleaner didn't solve the problem.

Edit: I found a working archive link in the 5th page.
    Geändert von dreamer2008 (20.09.2011 um 15:59 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #139
    Rookie

veljkovic ist offline
    I tried all the links on page 5 but none of them would open. Can you please upload the archive on some other server like rapidshare, megaupload or other?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #140
    Apprentice Avatar von chopkinsca

chopkinsca ist offline
    Edit: Nevermind, found the answer buried in another thread.

Zitat Zitat von .†.MikeL.†. Beitrag anzeigen
    Can I use Heights of Power if I install this patch?
    This was asked and wasn't answered. I'm wondering if I can use both patches or do I have to make a decision on what one to use?
    Geändert von chopkinsca (12.04.2012 um 21:35 Uhr)

Seite 7 von 8 « Erste ... 345678 Letzte »