Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 19 von 19
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline

Windows 7?

Hello, I just picked up a new computer due to my old one finally dying off. But, when I installed G3, I have hit several errors. Originally, I hit the 'game asks to put in the Game-DVD into the DVD-drive, but it's already inserted' problem, (which I now see a correction for and am going to try that) but I went ahead and did the latest community patch. Now I get a message that it can't 'g_App::Create failed: Can't create application singleton. Check log for more infos.'

So, before going too much further, can this thing even run on Windows 7? (and it's 64 bit to boot)

Thanks!!

PS: the 'F8 for Option... choose digital driver etc...' There doesn't seem to be an F8 for W7 when doing the "The game asks to put in the Game-DVD into the DVD-drive, but it's already inserted" solution
    Geändert von Petruliax (27.10.2010 um 22:45 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    I have installed g3 on win7 64 bit without any problem.

Sounds wired, ... but just to try install it again (try another location, another HDD if you have), maybe after restart your PC. After the install of the game, install the newest patch, CP1.74 and you should be fine.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline
    Ok, so I uninstalled, and deleted the Aspyr directory completely, then reinstalled into Program Files\G3\Aspyr\Gothic 3\ So I'd be sure it was in a different 'spot' on the Harddrive.

I try it and immediately get the "The game asks to put in the Game-DVD into the DVD-drive, but it's already inserted" problem.

So, I go to try the driver (running the DrvSetup_x64 as admin), and it gives me a vague 'TAGES Drivers' error window that states 'Unable to proceed (error 577).'

I tried the CP 1.74 and it goes back to the ''g_App::Create failed: Can't create application singleton. Check log for more infos.'

Help again?
    Geändert von Petruliax (28.10.2010 um 05:07 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Petruliax Beitrag anzeigen
    There doesn't seem to be an F8 for W7 when doing the "The game asks to put in the Game-DVD into the DVD-drive, but it's already inserted" solution
    The F8 must be pressed at boot time (before the windows logo is displayed), not when you get that error with G3.

Give us some more details about your system, like a dxdiag file.

Also, do you have sufficient rights with your 7 account?

Try to start the game by right-clicking on Gothic3.exe and select "run as administrator".

Or, try this: move the whole G3\Aspyr\Gothic 3\ to desktop and try to run it from there.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline
    Ok... getting closer...

The admin bit occurred to me last night after I went to bed. I hadn't realized until I messed with the driver that W7 made me make a non-admin account So, I went in, uninstalled and reinstalled with Admin rights... same problem.

Tried the F8 thing again (I was trying before Windows loaded, but this time I just sat and hit it every two seconds until something happened, and you were right.) did the fix there, so it didn't ask for the CD.

NOW, it started loading, and, this time Windows was actually helpful... it sent to me download a new Tages driver.

Ok, so now I'm getting further. BUT, now I get a memory allocation problem. I know I saw something on this, but how do I do it in W7?

Here's some of the dxdiag... I don't know how to attach the txt file...
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/28/2010, 11:57:37
    Machine name: TELETRAN2010
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HPE-460Z
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/07/10 09:56:31 Ver: 6.09
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12280MB RAM
    Page File: 2301MB used, 22256MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GT 420
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE2&SUBSYS_90831B0A&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4062 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2014 MB
    Shared Memory: 2047 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: W2361
    Monitor Id: GSM56FB
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)
    Output Type: HDMI
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5897 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.17.12.5897
    DDI Version: 10.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 7/11/2010 22:10:00, 12472424 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4EA2-11CF-B36F-8FB01FC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0DE2
    SubSys ID: 0x90831B0A
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Driver Strong Name: oem5.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section024:8.17.12.5897ci\ven_10de&dev_0de2&subsys_90831b0a
    Rank Of Driver: 00E60001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
    Geändert von Petruliax (28.10.2010 um 19:02 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    BUT, now I get a memory allocation problem.
    Post the exact error (a screenshot is nice). And this error you get with what version of the game?

Here's some of the dxdiag...
    I can't see anything wrong, except too much virtual memory. I'd use none with 12GB of RAM, but if you really need that much for other apps...

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline
    I shouldn't need that much vm... I haven't tweaked any of the settings yet. The comp is only a few days old (and I have a 1 year old that absorbs most of my time.) I'll get the screenshot once he's down for a nap...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline
    ok, first the mem allocation error. This is from just loading via DvD, no patching, and then doing the F8 fix so it reads the DvD being present.

[Bild: Memalloerr.jpg]

Then, if I apply the 1.74CP I get this:

[Bild: singletonerr.jpg]

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline
    Here's another shot:

[Bild: regerr.jpg]

I'm still at a loss. I've turned off the User accounts (I think) and I've seen references in the FAQ about 'do the same fix to memory for XP' ... but I don't know what that fix is... something about an ini file??

Hellllllp!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    references in the FAQ about 'do the same fix to memory for XP'
    You talk about which faq entry exactly?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline
    'how to make Gothic work in Vista'

specifically:

first reboot, use f8 for options, then choose disable digital driver enforcement. then install the game. then it will recognise the dvd, and start. also like in xp, fix the ini, in the game for low mem tree problem, it should then work on vista. btw you must disable driver enforcement each time you reboot to play.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline
    So no one has any words of help for me?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline
    This is from the LASTLOG_G3 file:

RDTSC Flag available: 1, Z:#472 -> 'E:\Workspace\Piranha Bytes\Gothic III\work\source\sharedbase\kernel\ge_message.cpp'
    , Z:#472 -> 'E:\Workspace\Piranha Bytes\Gothic III\work\source\sharedbase\kernel\ge_message.cpp'
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<, Z:#472 -> 'E:\Workspace\Piranha Bytes\Gothic III\work\source\sharedbase\kernel\ge_message.cpp'
    eCConfigFilePhysFile::ReadFile - can´t open file: C:\Users\Roadbuster\Documents\gothic3\UserOptions.ini for read !
    gCGameApp:utoDetection Build user options with level HIGH, Z:#472 -> 'E:\Workspace\Piranha Bytes\Gothic III\work\source\sharedbase\kernel\ge_message.cpp'
    eCApplication::OnSize Received WM_SIZE message., Z:#472 -> 'E:\Workspace\Piranha Bytes\Gothic III\work\source\sharedbase\kernel\ge_message.cpp'
    resizing..., Z:#472 -> 'E:\Workspace\Piranha Bytes\Gothic III\work\source\sharedbase\kernel\ge_message.cpp'
    eCGfxContextAdmin::ToggleNewMode - ms_pAPIDevice==NULL !
    Gothic3 engine FATAL ERROR:

Module: eCApplication::CreateEngine - can´t find correct context in gfx-system
    Filename:<E:\Workspace\Piranha Bytes\Gothic III\work\source\Engine\admin\ge_application.cpp>, Line:#2958
    Debug Assertion Failed!

Program : C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspyr\Gothic III\Gothic3.exe
    File : E:\Workspace\Piranha Bytes\Gothic III\work\source\Engine\admin\ge_application.cpp
    Line : 2958
    Expression : eCApplication::CreateEngine - can´t find correct

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Memory dump and statistics:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Memory statistics
    ----------------------------

---> memory allocation summary <---

Log created at: 02:58:10 PM
    Any guru's out there can read this and lend a hand?

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    This still looks like a not enough rights problem to me:
    eCConfigFilePhysFile::ReadFile - can´t open file: C:\Users\Roadbuster\Documents\gothic3\UserOptions.ini for read !
    Not only writing, but the game can't even read the file. Did you look in Documents\gothic3\ to see if UserOptions.ini exists, is bigger than 0, etc?

Try to create a new user on that computer, give him all admin rights, and try to launch the game (or even install it again) from that account, maybe there's something wrong with 'Roadbuster'.

You said the computer is new... was 7 preinstalled? Then maybe it's something weird 'from factory'.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline

Gothic still won't run... stupid Windows 7!!!

Ok, so I've tried some of your suggestions to the best of my knowledge.

I agree, it would seem from that line you quoted that it can't open that file for some reason, likely permissions. However, I've turned users off completely, my account is 'supposed' to be the admin account with full permissions, I've run it 'as administrator', uninstalled, deleted all pertinent files, and reinstalled 'as administrator' I've turned users back on, created a second admin account and tried all the above there as well...

Still get the same thing. To me, it looks more like it's having issues finding the graphics adapters...? Could there be an issue there? I'm on an NVidia, but it's much newer than the game is...

Also, working off of Rpgingmaster's post on W7, 64 bit issues : http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...d.php?t=907214

I redid the TAGES drivers, and I looked into Windows compatablity modes. If I switch down to Windows XP sp2 or 3, it gives me this weird 'Can't open configfile, see zSpy log for more details.' Also, sounding like permissions, but what the 'eck is a 'zSpy log'??

Oh, also for permissions, I tracked down the file in Documents that it's trying to access, and removed all permission locked from it, from the folders above it, etc... didn't seem to care. I also renamed the folder and recreated it, but same issue. The file is in there, and it has lines in it, they look fine.

any further guru thoughts/helps?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen

Rpgingmaster ist offline
    Well, I have the same version of Windows 7 as you, and these are the settings I have gotten Gothic 3 1.74 to load flawlessly on.

Permissions for all the profiles available have been set to Full Control.

Tages X64 has been installed (note, do AFTER you have installed Community Patch, just to be on the safe side)

Compatibility mode is NOT activated, nor any compatibility features.

You know if you succeeded if you get the Gothic 3 logo on your desktop, then it loads up as normal.

I have noticed Windows 7 x64 tends to be fickle with loading the Gothic game series, but the above should get Gothic 3 to run flawlessly.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    If I switch down to Windows XP sp2 or 3, it gives me this weird 'Can't open configfile, see zSpy log for more details.' Also, sounding like permissions, but what the 'eck is a 'zSpy log'??
    zSpy was something from G2 (and possibly G1 too) but I don't remember ever seeing it related with G3. I could be wrong though.

Edit: here's more abut zspy: http://wiki.worldofgothic.com/zSpy

No chance to test it with a real XP?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Apprentice

Petruliax ist offline
    Permissions for all the profiles available have been set to Full Control.
    Have user profiles still turned off, I'm on the main/only account, and I do have administrator's permissions. I also went through both the Aspyr directory and the Gothic 3 directory in My Documents and made sure the security settings on the files/folders there were set to Full Control (which I learned from your suggestion btw)

Tages X64 has been installed (note, do AFTER you have installed Community Patch, just to be on the safe side)
    Did the 1.74 patch, uninstalled the TAGES driver and reinstalled it afterwords.

Compatibility mode is NOT activated, nor any compatibility features.
    Only compatibility that was on was 'Run as Administrator' which I turned off.

You know if you succeeded if you get the Gothic 3 logo on your desktop, then it loads up as normal.
    Yes and no. I get the Gothic 3 logo all the time, but pre-patch I get the insuficient memory error, which looks like it's accessing the Document\Gothic 3\*ini file.

After the above steps, I simply get the pictured error way up there 'g_App::Create failed: Can't create application singleton. Check log for more infos.'

Which I have no clue what log it's referring to, as no new log is created that I can see. (last log created was the setup log from the CP)

No chance to test it with a real XP?
    I'm not sure what you mean? Yeah, it runs on my older XP machine... but that machine is slowly dying after 7 years. USB ports are shot, one of the drive bays won't open, and now it's got a temporary cheapy PS/2 keyboard/mouse set and no speakers on it.

I was really hoping to see G3 in all it's glory on a more powerful computer Especially after just starting a game a month ago (after never getting into it the first time I played it a few years back...) and of course, this time I had gotten addicted to it.

...thanks so far for all the suggestions and attempts. I do appreciate the assistance greatly. Any other thoughts help?
    Geändert von Petruliax (12.11.2010 um 20:49 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Did the 1.74 patch, uninstalled the TAGES driver and reinstalled it afterwords.
    Afaik, CP 1.74 doesn't come with newer tages drivers than the game, so it shouldn't uninstall/install anything tages-related.

I'm not sure what you mean?
    Dual-boot. Having both operating systems installed on the same computer.