PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : starting with gothic 2 night of the raven...

nightfight3r
09.02.2006, 14:15
Hey i just wondered if some1 could give me som hints in what i should choose to be in gothic 2 notr, i will be mercenari but should i choose alchemy as apprentice (i've heard thats smart) or something else?
i heard notr is pretty hard

ss07ax
09.02.2006, 14:21
Hey i just wondered if some1 could give me som hints in what i should choose to be in gothic 2 notr, i will be mercenari but should i choose alchemy as apprentice (i've heard thats smart) or something else?
i heard notr is pretty hard
Well it is a good choise to become a mercenary that forges swords or a hunter:D . NOTR is quait hard if you are a beginer but fi you had played G1 and G2 every thing will be fine.;)
BTW Did you played G1 or G2?

fatfish
09.02.2006, 14:23
§welcome to the forum, enjoy ur staying...

about ur question i think that for startes u should join the paladind, is easyer... thet's what i did when i played NOTR far the first time ;)

nightfight3r
09.02.2006, 14:32
well i have completed gothic 2, 2 times, one as paladin and one as mercenari.. so i thought i would try mercenari again and then mage...

_Wandere_
09.02.2006, 14:34
it's useful to be a smith if you want to be a merc + you don't have to be an alchemist to brew potions
remember one thing the range damage depends on dexterity even if you need strength to use a Xbow

ss07ax
09.02.2006, 14:35
As a mage it is very hard, I know belive my I have played G2 5 times with a mage and didn't have any problem but, in NOTR when you meet a seeker then you will have a problem.:D

nightfight3r
09.02.2006, 14:47
Is there any new classes in gothic 2 notr... like water mage or what?:)

ss07ax
09.02.2006, 14:49
No but there are secondary guilds like: member of the circle of water, bandits and pirats. And there are alot of mods for NOTR if you want more:D

Rashnu
09.02.2006, 15:08
As a mage it is very hard, I know belive my I have played G2 5 times with a mage and didn't have any problem but, in NOTR when you meet a seeker then you will have a problem.:D

I don't share your opinion. My second G2NOTR game was as fire mage who specialized himself in being a master of the bow in order to save mana points. That turned out to be much more fun and often easier than fighting almost anyone up close and personal with a melee weapon. §knin

Hey i just wondered if some1 could give me som hints in what i should choose to be in gothic 2 notr,

At the end of the day the differences in terms of difficulty are negligible. What matters is your favourite fighting style. As a merc you can't use magic, as a mage you won't become an ace melee fighter without suffering greatly in your prime profession. As a paladin you probably won't use a bow or a x-bow. Their magic however, is limited but effective.

Your choice regarding the apprenticeship is a matter of taste, too. Perhaps Bosper pays best in the long run. But LP's are rare and you might prefer spending the 10LPs for hunting somewhere else.

Be cautious where you spend your skill points. And when! That is most important in NOTR. There is no margin for experimenting. Don't drink permanent potions too early. They become more valuable later on.

Have fun.

nightfight3r
09.02.2006, 15:30
Hey, next question, can i be a follower of Beliar :) just saw the beliar shrine §danke (or whats it's called), and can i have so many second guilds i want or just 1?

ss07ax
09.02.2006, 15:45
Hey, next question, can i be a follower of Beliar :) just saw the beliar shrine §danke (or whats it's called), and can i have so many second guilds i want or just 1?
You can't be a follower of Beliar, but later on the game you will find something more special that belong to Beliar.

nightfight3r
09.02.2006, 15:49
okok last q i will ask.... im at the first farm i pushed the buttons on the stone circle (rumbeling) is this for mage or is this some kind of teleport? or should i find it out on my own ;)

ss07ax
09.02.2006, 15:56
okok last q i will ask.... im at the first farm i pushed the buttons on the stone circle (rumbeling) is this for mage or is this some kind of teleport? or should i find it out on my own ;)
This is a quest. You will find a very special suprise when you will pres the buttons on the next stone circle, just be ready:D .

kamykaze
10.02.2006, 10:28
he wanted to say .. be ready to fight ... :D

sry 4 telling you the surprise :)

nightfight3r
10.02.2006, 16:10
hey... i asked this be4 but noone said the answer..... can i have so many secondary guilds that i want or should i pick this carefully?:confused:

RzL
10.02.2006, 16:20
u can be a member of all the secondary guilds

ss07ax
10.02.2006, 16:42
hey... i asked this be4 but noone said the answer..... can i have so many secondary guilds that i want or should i pick this carefully?:confused:
If you want, you don't need to join a secundary guild:) . But your lossing all the fun. :D

Nikolaa
10.02.2006, 17:21
As a mage it is very hard, I know belive my I have played G2 5 times with a mage and didn't have any problem but, in NOTR when you meet a seeker then you will have a problem.

being a mage is esier u cast ice block and fuck him up and be a mage to see the part of the g2 story u haven't seen like something about the seakers and ...... find out ur sailf:cool:

ss07ax
10.02.2006, 17:31
It is harder as a mage because the seekers are very rezistent to your magic attacks, and when you cast iceblock on them you start attacking and then after a few attacks your out of mana, this is the only thing that I hate at NOTR :mad:. And before you refill your mana, the seeker is out of the ice and comes to get you.
PS I hate seekers that cast rain of fire:mad: §burn §burn §burn

kamykaze
11.02.2006, 07:35
:D i hate them too ... and to win a fight with them ... you must be a paladin or a mercenar ... i like beating seeker like a mercenar ....

PS: Sometimes ... even that i'm a mercenar ... sometimes ... i run like hell ... when i see a sekker ... ( when i don't have to much life ):D

_Wandere_
11.02.2006, 13:23
it's easy if you are mage whose at least 60% master in 1h, iceblock and charge :D

Jashin
11.02.2006, 13:31
I'm playing mage right now and it's not that hard.

I spent 20 lp on learning +dex alchemy so I can make my own +dex potions so I can use the rapier, which is a good sword that uses dex not strength, 100 damage!

I think NOTR is actually easier :p

nightfight3r
11.02.2006, 16:09
i have just come to khorinis but its already twice the fun then in gothic 2 :D can't wait to i've joined some guilds

rockfest
11.02.2006, 16:44
Let's correct some things in here no? :D
Guilds in G2+Notr :

Novice/Fire magician - an important guild. To join you have to go to the monastery and meet their requirements. Once joined there is no way of going back. Exists in normal G2 too.
Mercenary/Dragon Hunter - important guild. To join you have to go to Onar's Farm and talk with Lee and Torlof. You will have to do some side-quests before you join. Permanent guild. Exists in normal G2 too.
Militia/Paladin - important guild. To join you have to go to the city of Khorinis and talk with Lord Andre so you can be hired as a militia. You must do some side-quest in order to join. Permanent guild. Exists in normal G2 too.
Thieves guild - side-quild. To join you have to do some side-quests and speak with Cassia(the leader of them). This is more or less a quest wich you get from Andre and you won't receive any item that you belong to it. Instead speaking with certain NPC's and making a special sign will give you different bonuses. Exists in normal G2 too.
Ring of Water - side-guild. To join you have to talk with Cavalorn/Vatras and other people. There are alot of side-quests to be done before you join them. You belong to the circle as long as you wear an artifact. In the addon only.
Pirate - side-quild. To join you have to go in the addon world and in the pirates camp. In order to reach there you have to first join the Ring of water. After you wear their artifact you will no longer belong to other side-guilds. After you will no longer wear the artifact you will not belong to them anymore. In the addon only.
Bandit - side-quild. To join you have to be a pirate and of course in order to do that you first have to be a member of the Ring of Water. Again you will have to wear an artifact in order to be one of them. If you don't wear one you will no longer be a bandit and pray to Innos that you're not in the nadit camp at that time :) . In the addon only.

If you finish the addon story then you will have to choice of wearing any of those artifacts and belong to any side-guild you want. But to finish you have to belong to the side-guilds in this order : Ring of water, Pirate, Bandit. While wearing the side-guilds artifacts(armors, rings,etc) you will still belong to the important guilds but some NPC's will know that you belong to side-quilds too.

PS : You can not join the Water mages as a mage. So there is no posibility in the original addon to be a Water mage.

DeadlyArrow
11.02.2006, 17:00
@rockfest
What's about thieves guild?

rockfest
11.02.2006, 17:03
@rockfest
What's about thieves guild?
well that's the bandit guild ;)

DeadlyArrow
11.02.2006, 17:12
no, i mean,thieves guild in khorinis, with Kassia. you don't get special armor or so, but still it's a guild

_Wandere_
11.02.2006, 17:15
no is not
the thieves guild of Korinos has nothing to do whit the bandits don't misled them

dam! someone posted before I did

Roock
11.02.2006, 17:15
no, i mean,thieves guild in khorinis, with Kassia. you don't get special armor or so, but still it's a guild

It's more like a side guild, like the Pirats and the Ring of Water.

rockfest
11.02.2006, 17:16
Yeah...you are all right. Sorry but i forgot about that one. To be honest it's not a guild imo but it is called like one so it should be in there. ;) I will edit my post :D

nightfight3r
11.02.2006, 22:10
hey rockfest, i didn't understand it all..... can i take on and off the special armor:confused: and when its on im with them and when its off im not with them, or is it permanent if i take it off?:confused:

ss07ax
11.02.2006, 22:19
hey rockfest, i didn't understand it all..... can i take on and off the special armor:confused: and when its on im with them and when its off im not with them, or is it permanent if i take it off?:confused:
The armour is just a bonus from the secundary guilds;) , you don't nead to wear it if you don't like, except for the bandit armour§gnah , if you are not wearing this armour on you when you enter the bandit camp, you will get killed:( .

_Wandere_
11.02.2006, 22:27
Ring of Water - you wear the artifact so the other guild memebers can reconize you
Bandit - as long as you have a bandit armor equipped everyone will consider you a bandit

just play the game and you'll get it

imo this should be moved to help

rockfest
12.02.2006, 17:02
It's very easy to understand. When you're wearing the artifact(armour) you will be seen as a bandit and they will behave friendly(in their way) but if you don't wear the artifact(armour) then the bandits will start to attack. :)
Understand? ;)

nightfight3r
12.02.2006, 17:22
okay i get it thnx :D

Ren55
12.02.2006, 19:56
im in chapter 3, i got the inot the ring and i get the small artofact from lares and got bennet out. what do i do now/ were is the portal that vatras was talking about?

rekinu
12.02.2006, 20:41
im in chapter 3, i got the inot the ring and i get the small artofact from lares and got bennet out. what do i do now/ were is the portal that vatras was talking about?
The portal is here (http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/index.htm?data=data_orte.js&id=o_128). Near the piramyd there is a way to go underground, and meet the Water Mages. You have to gather all four ornaments, and bring them to the WM, in orther to be able to open the portal.

Ren55
14.02.2006, 22:21
The portal is here (http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/index.htm?data=data_orte.js&id=o_128). Near the piramyd there is a way to go underground, and meet the Water Mages. You have to gather all four ornaments, and bring them to the WM, in orther to be able to open the portal.
do you know were i can find quardren ( or whatever his name is) toumb. i checks out all 5 mansions and using the incantation on every tomb.

rockfest
14.02.2006, 22:28
do you know were i can find quardren ( or whatever his name is) toumb. i checks out all 5 mansions and using the incantation on every tomb.
Have you tried this place? ---> click (http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/content_npc.htm?data=data_npc.js&id=n_483)

Ren55
14.02.2006, 23:03
Have you tried this place? ---> click (http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/content_npc.htm?data=data_npc.js&id=n_483)
thanks a bunch

-=HEAD=-
18.02.2006, 22:30
I have completed gothic 2 4 times and gothicc1 3 times now i am playing gothic 2 for fire robe and i tell all the noobs that the paladin is the most esyest one to start the fire robe is the hardest way like in 1st quest you are like level3 and u need to get 1000 gold and a sheep .:cool:

Petyamester
20.02.2006, 09:09
But you can make that quest at level 22 as well, so then u have more than enough money for that. And yes, the fire mage is the hardest one, even to me :D When i first played the addon with mage, i stuck at the dragons, and still in stuck with that walkthrough.

Dez
20.02.2006, 23:28
But you can make that quest at level 22 as well, so then u have more than enough money for that. And yes, the fire mage is the hardest one, even to me :D When i first played the addon with mage, i stuck at the dragons, and still in stuck with that walkthrough.

Try using scrolls such as fire rain and summon demon. They are acid for any dragons :)

Imo the best advice for anyone who is about to play notr: don't try to be a jack of all trades. Decide early on what kind of character you would like to be, and then walk that road bravely without hesitation.

1) Don't use permanent potions, tablets, praying or other bonuses too early. So if your main atribute is strenght, there is no much sense boosting it before 75. Few suggest training it to 90 and only upon this using perm bonuses. I quess its a matter of taste.

2) Regarding skills: its wise to train your main fighting skill at the very least to master level (60) and only afterwards begin using skill-bonuses.

3) Think what sort of minor skills are essential for your character. If you plan to be an archer, thiefing skills are quite well suited. Same goes for hunting skills, although all classes benefit from them. Forging is allways a wise choise if your main atribute is strenght. Besides those swords give nice bonuses. Lockpicking is must for everyone.

4) Learn atleast one permanent potion. Strenght for warriors, Dexterity for archers and mana for mages.

5) Remember to use amulets, belts and rings. You can benefit them a lot.

6) If things get reeeeally tough, you can allways buy/find some very powerfull scrolls like firerain and summon demon. A rule of thumb: everything can be solved with a firerain :D

7) Do the easy stuff first, ie don't try beating bandits without decent armor and skills. They'll make mincemeat of you. Instead deliver stuff, hunt scavengers, bloodflies, molerats. Valentino:D , goblins and other easy monsters first. I know this may feel a bit tedious at times, but its the only way to have a fun game later on. Wimps can't do well against lizzards and other tougher beasts.

8) There are two unlocked cheats full of goodies behind Matteo's house. (a leather armor, 3 type of citizen clothing, food, torches and few other misc items). So use them for your advantage in the begining of the game. To get behind the guard, you'll have to climb matteo's roof or use sleep scroll on that guard.

9) Choosing a decent weapon is as important as wearing a decent armor. So remember that there are weapons which will boost your swordmanship, like the master sword, self forged ore swords and fine long sword. In addition when facing golems, try blunt weapon. It can do miracles!

10. Don't plan too much and remember to have fun! You can't really mess your char up if you keep in mind one basic rule, which is: specialize in something.

SirPaladin
21.02.2006, 08:15
Good work, Dez! §klatsch That`s Gothic`s advantage over other RPGs (like Fable). You can only specialize in SOMETHING. It adds replayabillity to the game.