PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Need help with lockpicking

adobio
08.02.2006, 14:59
I didnt talk to Matteo earlier in the game and now that im about 8 hours in I cant get the quest needed to gain trust from thorben in order to learn lock picking. Is there any other way I can learn it? Maybe a mod or through Marvin? I really want this skill!

SirPaladin
08.02.2006, 15:06
Well, you just need to pay 200 gold to Thorben to teach you this skill I suppose.
Also, there is a teacher in the thieves` guild from whom you can learn the skill.
And if you knock down Lehmar, take his ledger and give it to Thorben. You shouldn`t have any problems left.

MladjanDJ
08.02.2006, 15:09
And if you knock down Lehmar, take his ledger and give it to Thorben. You shouldn`t have any problems left.
Thorben will offer yo money or training of lockpicking

SirPaladin
08.02.2006, 15:10
Thorben will offer yo money or training of lockpicking
I don`t think he`ll offer you money. He`s poor,for godsakes!

adobio
08.02.2006, 15:12
No I cant learn it from Throben because he says he doesnt turst me yet and from what ive read the only way to get him to trust you id to do the matteo quest. But I cant do that quest because Matteo wont give it to me.

SirPaladin
08.02.2006, 15:15
Did you exhaust all dialog options? I`m sure he`ll give you the quest.
Why don`t you want to start the game all over again. I`ll give you a walkthrough if you want :)
P.S. Talk to Gritta!

ss07ax
08.02.2006, 15:37
Did Thorben seed you to get the blessing of the gods?
And if yes go to Vatras and to Darion.

Roock
08.02.2006, 15:42
Darion will releave you of your 50 gold for his blessing

Nikolaa
08.02.2006, 16:39
Gretta is in torbens hous

P.S. u have to ask matteo to help whit the uperqother

rockfest
08.02.2006, 20:05
Guys...post if you have some usefull information for him. You will only make him confused this way.

@adobio
There are two ways of learning lockpicking:

Thorben - you can learn from him if you did Matteo's quest or if you give him Lehmar's Ledger or if you complete the quest Faith of the gods(or something like that). I'm not sure about all of them but see if you have these quests completed.
A member of the thief guild - you will be able to learn it from a member of the thief guild only if you manage to contact them(they are in the sewers of the city). The fastest way of contacting them is to receive the quest from Jora the trader and turn Rengaru to Andre for stealing his purse. after that Attile will be behind the fish trader and waiting for you to kill him and take his key. Go into the ocean and into the sewers where you will find the thief guild.

.†.MikeL.†.
08.02.2006, 20:41
If you do the quest blessing of the gods(wich is not a hard one)you can learn lock picking by paying thorben 200g;)

adobio
08.02.2006, 21:30
If you do the quest blessing of the gods(wich is not a hard one)you can learn lock picking by paying thorben 200g;)

But thats the thing, I did that quest and he still says he doesnt trust me. Also ive talked to Matteo but for some reason he wont give me the quest with gretta so I guess im going to go steal the ledger. Thanks for the info guys and I would do it the other way by turning the guy in to andre but I already failed that quest :(

_DieGo_
09.02.2006, 15:44
Thorben - you can learn from him if you did Matteo's quest or if you give him Lehmar's Ledger or if you complete the quest Faith of the gods(or something like that). I'm not sure about all of them but see if you have these quests completed.
A member of the thief guild - you will be able to learn it from a member of the thief guild only if you manage to contact them(they are in the sewers of the city). The fastest way of contacting them is to receive the quest from Jora the trader and turn Rengaru to Andre for stealing his purse. after that Attile will be behind the fish trader and waiting for you to kill him and take his key. Go into the ocean and into the sewers where you will find the thief guild.

Just some adjustments :D :
[WARNING! THIS MAY BE SPOIL TO SOME OF YOU!]
Thorben won't teach you pickpocket if you make the quest Blessing of the Gods. U have to get his trust in the other 2 ways . (Lehmar's Book or the thing with Gritta)
If u want to become a thief there are 2 ways (if i remember well):
-by betraying them: Bring Rengaru and Nagur in jail. Talk to Jora, take that quest about Rengaru, talk to Rengaru, follow him, talk to him again and tell him that he'll get to jail, after that take your reward from Andre. Talk to Kardif, ask him for information (ask him about a 'special' job or sth, i don't remember well) after this you'll be able to talk to Nagur, take his quest, talk to Brahim, go to akil.... and don give the packcage to Nagur, give it to Brahim after that talk to Andre. Talk to Kardif, Attila will appear, kill him, take the key, go to the sewers... Good Luck!
-by helping them: Instead of telling Rengaru that he'll get to jail, let him escape. Instead of giving the package to Brahim, give it to Nagur. But you have to do one more thing. Do the quest Bandit Raids ;). You'll find sth for Halvor. After all this 3 talk to Kardif, meet Attila and GET the key, 'cause u help the guys u won't have to kill him anymore.

P.S: I'm not 100% sure about those above, but let's say... 95% :D.