PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : About Your Nickname

_DieGo_
20.01.2006, 19:13
About your nick... how did you get the idea, from where do you have it etc.
About mine:
Usually i don't like copying nicks or stuff, you know:"yeah, i'm BECKAM!" , but this name Diego impressed me, it's also an important charcater in Gothic etc. And i like it for one more thing, i like nicks about around 5 letters :D, don't know why (like Jerry, DieGo, Tupac... ). What about yours?

WernerTWC
20.01.2006, 20:00
An easy post, i wrote this already for my new HP (no, not on yet :D ):

How i got my nickname?
This is a question i am often asked, this don´t steps on my nervs,
but to make it easier for (lazy) me, here the explanation:
It´s a very old "nickname", i think from around 1988.
It became necessary, because also in this "old days" without internet (for me) i don´t wanted my
real name on any data medium.

TWC is the synonym for "The Wild-Cats", a US-baseball-team, i like how the words sound,
besides i like every kind of cats. And the "Werner" is from a german comic, looks like this:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2692/werner8dg.jpg

.me
20.01.2006, 20:04
My nick... It's easy: My name is Sebastian, and the "Dark"... I don't know why "Dark", but it sounds cool :D Everywhere in the net my name is DarkBasti, and so here to.

nice greetings from DarkBasti

thegame_
20.01.2006, 20:11
cool thread... :D
my nick comes from the rapper the game(look at the pic)...
about that thing... i also hate, as diego said to put others name but i dunno... this one just sounds great imho

rockfest
20.01.2006, 20:14
my nick is...from a rock concert in my hometown. Can't really remember the entire name but i think it was something like : EuRockfest... :confused: Any way, i liked the concert alot and after a time i started using rockfest. I'm using this nick for some time now so it's kind of my second name. :p
btw, imo rockfest would mean : "it's rocking time","rock party"....something like that. :D

rekinu
20.01.2006, 20:53
rekinu....hmmm, in romanian it means the shark (:p) ... I chose it in 2002 when I was b-dancing, we needed nicks, so I chosed rekinu. From then I used it on net, and almost everywhere.

Aetherian
21.01.2006, 07:13
Hmmmm......Osmosis, I chose that nick for this site and many others because one of the alternate dictionary meanings for it is that if you stay around any one place for any length of time, you're bound to pick up on a few things (ie, if you are American and live in France a few years you are probably going to learn some French through osmosis.) Also my birthsign is Aquarius, the waterbearer, so I thought it would be appropriate. :)

Vladix
21.01.2006, 13:53
My nick is derivated from my real name Vlad :D

Rashnu
21.01.2006, 18:55
You wanna know more about my nickname? OK, here we go:

Rashnu: The Persian divine angel of justice and last judgement and the personification of righteousness. Along with Mithra and Sraosa he judges the souls of the dead. Rashnu guards the Chinvat bridge leading to heaven. He carries the golden scales with which he weighs the souls at Judgement. Rashnu is one of the Yazatas.

I'm a law student and sometimes I fancy myself adding a little justice to the world - well, some day perhaps. As for my avatar, I was looking for a really nice picture of scales. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one that met my approval. So being new here and a little shy, I opted for the timid mouse. It's a temporary solution. When I've grown more bold I will change it. ;)

Aetherian
21.01.2006, 19:18
As for my avatar, I was looking for a really nice picture of scales. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one that met my approval.

Scales, eh? I did a quick search (I have to go to work soon) and found a couple that look decent, what do you think of these?

http://osmosis.innersource.nl/Linked/Scales1.jpg http://osmosis.innersource.nl/Linked/Scales2.jpg

DeadlyArrow
21.01.2006, 19:42
When I tried to register on Jowood forum all nicknames I could think of were already taken by somebody else, so DeadlyArrow was my last trial. I have no idea how this came in my mind, and it isn't from Bosper's shop name.

MladjanDJ
22.01.2006, 02:33
I wanted Maximus but it was denied so my name is Mladjan and DJ is a first letter of my last name so that is.

Colonelu
22.01.2006, 08:52
My nickname ''colonelu'' i choosed it when i was 8 years old and i was playing counter-strike , when i saw someone whit the name ''soldatelu'' so i chosed mine in english it means some one in the army with a high rang (i think it's the same) :D

Zaratul
22.01.2006, 10:01
My nick comes from years ago - don`t know exactly but it could be about from 1998 - I started to play games and had to make some nick at the beginning they changed, but then I thought of this nick - "Zaratul" sounds cool for me and I like this nick - first game I played with this nick was Starcraft, I think! :)

[Spawn]
22.01.2006, 12:17
Spawn - He became my favorite character in Soul Calibour II. ;) (avatar)

Normally I use other nicks. Most common nick I use is - Baxxter. And they know me by that name. :p It kinda sounds like "backstabber". :D

Nikolaa
22.01.2006, 18:54
I wanted Maximus but it was denied so my name is Mladjan and DJ is a first letter of my last name so that is.

Mladjan Dinkic??? ;)

silver_reaver
22.01.2006, 19:17
My nick name, silver_reaver comes from a really cool game: Legacy of Kain- Soul Reaver 1 and 2. I didn't want to copy the name, but I enjoy very much the game and I like the silver collour. It sound like a poetry :"silver-reaver".

eXecutioner
22.01.2006, 19:26
My actual nickname is eXecutioner. But it seems that on WoP there is already someone with this nickname so, I chosed the one from my e-mail adress. Why eXecutioner? About a year and a half ago I was playing Diablo 2 and first I played with the Assassin. I needed a name for her so I gave her the name eXecutioneress...And then I adopted it as my nickname (with a few corrections of course)...and so eXecutioner was born. Other nicknames I had were: Lonely Flare, Dark Lord. Darth Vader, Jaguar.

See Ya!

eXecutioner

Nikolaa
22.01.2006, 19:59
soul reaver and all other parts of Legasy of Kain are on my number 2 :) :)

OveR-
23.01.2006, 00:20
OveR-, because my name is OliVER, so I left some letters out and thats about it.. looks better than having my real name

MladjanDJ
25.01.2006, 04:08
Mladjan Dinkic???
Explanation for all of you who dont know:Mladjan Dinkic is a serbian politisan actualy a minister of finance and a loot of people are just not craze about him if you know what I mean ;) and I have the same name as him so whenever somebody asks me about my name I say silently mladjan and there answare is like:"what like that politican" with very reprehend voice.

Faby
25.01.2006, 08:07
My nick actually comes from my name--Fabian.To make it sound cooler i cut the finishing ''an'' part and replaced the ''i'' with an ''y'' :D

SkySaint
25.01.2006, 11:30
Explanation for all of you who dont know:Mladjan Dinkic is a serbian politisan actualy a minister of finance and a loot of people are just not craze about him if you know what I mean ;) and I have the same name as him so whenever somebody asks me about my name I say silently mladjan and there answare is like:"what like that politican" with very reprehend voice.
No SH*T your name is really mladjan dinkic :p :p :p

...e sad sam sve cuo (a jel licis na njega)salim se:D

srry about this guys...

Godcrusher
25.01.2006, 15:49
Well i think evry religion is just a big money machine, and evry God is a false god. Crush them all :D and that's how i got my nick.

Yavanna
31.01.2006, 12:04
How come I never saw this thread before http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/yavanna_1986/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif?

Ok, it doesn't matter anymore...

My nick is realy the name of a powerfull Valar, from Silmarillion - J.R.R. Tolkien

I loved the name from the first moment I saw it...

And 1986... well, the year of my birthday. I had this nick on POP Forum, and I decided to have the same one here :rolleyes: .

Onisuzume
31.01.2006, 12:55
My nick is also a couple of years old.
I mostly took this as a last resort because all the names I already thought of were already taken in Diablo 2...

And if anyone wants to know what a suzume is:
My fansite!(kinda) (http://suzume.web.infoseek.co.jp/suzume/yatyo/suzume4.html)

Madis
31.01.2006, 14:57
Madis is my first name. I like it, a good estonian name.
In some forums Im "Eestlane", that means estonian (nationality) in english.

thegame_
31.01.2006, 16:13
Well i think evry religion is just a big money machine, and evry God is a false god. Crush them all :D and that's how i got my nick.luv your attitude :cool: :dup:
money machine... they surely hidden many things just to keep their "bussiness" alive :)

all you guys have some cool sounding nicks

Zaratul
02.02.2006, 10:18
There was one guy (from this forum - if U read most threads then U know who) who actualy asked me about my name and even remembered where did he hear something like that. ;)

And yes my name as I already said - it comes from long time ago - Age of STARCRAFT (best galactic strategy EVER made!!! ) and there was this templar his name was - Zeratul - and I liked so much, but in the beginning I said it wrong - Zaratul, so I become Zaratul not Zeratul! :cool: Now that`s my story! (Again! :p )

Onisuzume
02.02.2006, 10:24
- it comes from long time ago - Age of STARCRAFT (best galactic strategy EVER made!!! )
I can argue that it isn't, since there's also, Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate, Rites of War and Epic 40k: Final Liberation.
And ofcourse Space Hulk and Space Crusade.

Zaratul
02.02.2006, 10:57
I can argue that it isn't, since there's also, Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate, Rites of War and Epic 40k: Final Liberation.
And ofcourse Space Hulk and Space Crusade.

That is IMO the best galactic strategy! ;) And sometime even now I play it! :D

eXecutioner
02.02.2006, 17:06
My actual nickname is eXecutioner. But it seems that on WoP there is already someone with this nickname so, I chosed the one from my e-mail adress. Why eXecutioner? About a year and a half ago I was playing Diablo 2 and first I played with the Assassin. I needed a name for her so I gave her the name eXecutioneress...And then I adopted it as my nickname (with a few corrections of course)...and so eXecutioner was born. Other nicknames I had were: Lonely Flare, Dark Lord. Darth Vader, Jaguar.

See Ya!

eXecutioner

Did you see that I changed my name from eXecutioner_id to just eXecutioner? I whon't change it again but how did you liked to call me?

See Ya!

eXecutioner

eXecutioner
02.02.2006, 17:59
In a way. Yes! How was it cooler?

See Ya!

eXecutioner

RzL
02.02.2006, 20:46
my nick RzL is a "simplified" version of my older nick i used when i was younger (and dumber :P )...it was [R@Z!3L] (was a real craze some years ago with using all sorts of symbols instead of usual letters as u all know :) ) and i just cut out all the non-letters from it...and RzL was all there was left :)

Zaratul
03.02.2006, 00:25
my nick RzL is a "simplified" version of my older nick i used when i was younger (and dumber :P )...it was [R@Z!3L] (was a real craze some years ago with using all sorts of symbols instead of usual letters as u all know :) ) and i just cut out all the non-letters from it...and RzL was all there was left :)

Interesting! :D ;)

P.S. Anyway - welcome! :D

silver_reaver
03.02.2006, 14:52
[R@Z!3L]

you wanted to write Raziel somehow else ? Do I know you ? I allready met this nick .

rankispanki
03.02.2006, 15:06
Interesting topic...

Well, my last name is Rankin, but all my friends call me Ranki, and for some reason a lot of chicks tend to call me ranki-spanki (for no paticular reason :D)

Hence the nickname.

thegame_
03.02.2006, 20:46
Did you see that I changed my name from eXecutioner_id to just eXecutioner? I whon't change it again but how did you liked to call me? the new one is better but i like more to call you 'eXe' ;)

my nick RzL is a "simplified" version of my older nick i used when i was younger (and dumber :P )...it was [R@Z!3L] (was a real craze some years ago with using all sorts of symbols instead of usual letters as u all know :) ) and i just cut out all the non-letters from it...and RzL was all there was left :) you mean the leet (1337) language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/133t) style... my old nick was also in leet long time ago when i was a dumbass but i then realized that it was too childish
btw: you're from my city ;) :D :p

Nikolaa
05.02.2006, 11:45
if u take tne las ''a'' u get my name in serbien Nikola(a)

P.S. i writed it so i don't forget my user name :p

ss07ax
08.02.2006, 18:12
My nickname comes from:
SS= the germans SS an army group that where killing the prisoniers (I really like history:D )
07= from SW Republic Comando
Ax= Alex:D my real name
Two years ago I was using DarkLord Alex at RTS. But now it's SS07ax:)

SirPaladin
08.02.2006, 18:15
I don`t have a source for my nick, I just like aristocracy titles and I like it when that novice in the monastery addresses you "Oh, thank you for your concern, Sir Paladin!
@ss07ax
You like history? I love it!

Rashnu
08.02.2006, 22:59
My nickname comes from:
SS= the germans SS an army group that where killing the prisoniers (I really like history:D )

I somehow doubt that you fully understand what this paramilitary organisation of the Nazi party did. §kratz If you knew, you wouldn't draw any reference to your nick or your person and would consider any association with the SS a very poor choice (don't be surprised if others find it revolting).

I urge you to petition the webmasters for a change of name. This matter is not to be taken lightly. §nana

For a preliminary orientation please read this wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel). However, I recommend further studies on the subject.

SirPaladin
09.02.2006, 09:50
I somehow doubt that you fully understand what this paramilitary organisation of the Nazi party did. §kratz If you knew, you wouldn't draw any reference to your nick or your person and would consider any association with the SS a very poor choice (don't be surprised if others find it revolting).

I urge you to petition the webmasters for a change of name. This matter is not to be taken lightly. §nana

For a preliminary orientation please read this wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel). However, I recommend further studies on the subject.

I don`t think he wanted to advertise SS, I think he just wanted to show his fascination!
You`re taking it too far. Both the Nazi party and the SS organization are things of the past and post no threat to world peace.
Imho.

SirPaladin

ss07ax
09.02.2006, 11:01
I don't like the Nazys. And I'm not one, I just like the nick and that is all.

SirPaladin
09.02.2006, 12:28
I don't like the Nazys. And I'm not one, I just like the nick and that is all.
You`re right but it might offend some people.

SirPaladin

maledicere
14.02.2006, 18:09
Maledicere - it comes from latins meaning Blasphemy , some of you might recognize it from the disciples game but i assure you it wasn't took from there :D

Rashnu
14.02.2006, 18:50
Maledicere - it comes from latins meaning Blasphemy ,

Are you sure? Sounds to me more like the opposite of benediction and therefore is nearer to «sacrilege». Malediction means something along the line of «curse».

maledicere
14.02.2006, 20:00
It means illness or something bad , they have many synonims :rolleyes: well if you are interested in the word you are free to search

fatfish
14.02.2006, 21:08
my nick :D well... fatfish... don't laugh!!!
fatfish = i'm thin and i can't swim :p this idea for the nick came to me 3 years ago... so everywere i'm fatfish ;)

_-=Sp!k3=-_
15.02.2006, 05:56
My name is simple "Sp!k3" :P

cipris
15.02.2006, 09:55
My nick is derivated from my name Ciprian, thats all........
And I think it was a goddess of Roman empire............ but is no connection.......

fatfish
16.02.2006, 13:23
Are you sure? Sounds to me more like the opposite of benediction and therefore is nearer to «sacrilege». Malediction means something along the line of «curse».

by the way... maledicere is an italian word and translated mot-a-mot (franch for "word by word) "bad speach" it really means blasphemy... ;)

.†.MikeL.†.
23.02.2006, 21:45
My nickname is like my real one(well something like that):D
Michalis

egndgf
27.02.2006, 02:50
My nickname doesn't have any deeper meaning.

SirPaladin
27.02.2006, 19:03
My nickname doesn't have any deeper meaning.
I bet I know how you obtained it :D
Like this: afgvboygdzr

Petyamester
27.02.2006, 23:22
I bet I know how you obtained it :D
Like this: afgvboygdzr
Just lying on the keyboard :D

Dragon Slayer
02.05.2006, 20:13
I use my nickname for a short time,to be more precise only on forums.Its cool I got an idea when I was hunting Finkregh,Pandrokhan,Feamathar and co.(you know who they are:p ) thats the reason why am I DRAGON SLAYER.
I like it.Its cool.:cool:

rekinu
02.05.2006, 20:36
Well, as you said this theme has been already discussed, so I merged your thread with this. Alot of users already said how they got their nicks so, maybe you should start reading :p ;)

Naked_Lunch
03.05.2006, 22:29
Mine came from the title of William S. Burroughs most well-known book. It's very good, but not his best (I'm partial to Cities of the Red Night) but it made a damn cool name.

Sibylla
07.05.2006, 18:25
My nickname comes from King Baldwin IV 's sister,Sibylla.Baldwin was the Latin King of Ierusalem,during the second half of the 12 th century,and fought against Saladin during the second crusade:d;after his death,Sibylla became Queen.
In "Kingdom Of Heaven",the role of Sibylla was interpretated by Eva Green,my favourite actress.:cool: ...i liked her role soooo damn much :D :D

SirPaladin
07.05.2006, 19:36
My nickname comes from King Baldwin IV 's sister,Sibylla.Baldwin was the Latin King of Ierusalem,during the second half of the 12 th century,and fought against Saladin during the second crusade:d;after his death,Sibylla became Queen.
In "Kingdom Of Heaven",the role of Sibylla was interpretated by Eva Green,my favourite actress.:cool: ...i liked her role soooo damn much :D :D
So you like history? I certainly do :)

Archibal
07.05.2006, 19:41
My nick (Archibal) is from Heroes 2.
Archibal was the evil son of the king that after the king's death forced his good brother Roland to leave the castel naming himself king.He was in good-terms with the undead.
If you win on his side, Archibal will put his brother Roland to rot in the castel prison.

Colonelu
08.05.2006, 13:37
My nick (Archibal) is from Heroes 2.
Archibal was the evil son of the king that after the king's death forced his good brother Roland to leave the castel naming himself king.He was in good-terms with the undead.
If you win on his side, Archibal will put his brother Roland to rot in the castel prison.

Good to hear that is another Heroes 2 player :)

Zaratul
08.05.2006, 17:19
Good to hear that is another Heroes 2 player :)

hey I love that game too!!! :rolleyes:

@Sibylla

I thought that I heard this name before - and "Kingdom Of Heave" indeed is great movie!!! :D

GodZeys
09.05.2006, 19:27
Well...the father god of Olympus: God ZEUS...
Ancient Greek god. I like very much the ancient religion and i prefer it from the Christian one. Now, why ZEYS and not ZEUS...Just because in Greek language it is written ZEYS....:rolleyes: So simple. And when you read it in Greek, it sounds like "ZEFS" and not "zus" like in English language...

God of the Gods...

Fnoop
09.05.2006, 20:08
My nick seems meaningless but it has a special value. When used properlly, it will reveal a place that anyone can get to, once he 'uncodes' my nickname. It works sort of like a code for a place that was designed for a few people. Once a man visites the place, he will be enlightened and will feel....magical ;) no crap

Faby
09.05.2006, 20:12
My nick seems meaningless but it has a special value. When used properlly, it will reveal a place that anyone can get to, once he 'uncodes' my nickname. It works sort of like a code for a place that was designed for a few people. Once a man visites the place, he will be enlightened and will feel....magical ;) no crap
F-N-O-O-P
Hmm.. Poonf?Fonop?Fnopo?Foonp?Ponof?Ah,I give up..

SirPaladin
10.05.2006, 09:28
Loop? :D OMG I`m obsessed >_<
Well? Tell us the answer...you said "no crap" :|

Fnoop
13.05.2006, 08:58
No crap, no tips, no answer ;) surely someone will find out sooner or later.

Madis
13.05.2006, 10:30
p=paradise?

snakefaster
18.05.2006, 19:08
My nickname is Snakefaster becouse of i get in trouble in school with my friends im slippery as a snake so i never get ... in i do it fast

SeekerOfTrue
19.05.2006, 07:22

At least give us the language.English, right?

as for my nickname, we all should be Seekers of Truth(there's a mistake there).That's why I pick it- cause I tend to be one

Danutz_plusplus
19.05.2006, 21:17
My nick Danutz_plusplus is composed of Danutz and plusplus. "Danutz" is a another way of saying Dan in romanian (i am romanian) and "plusplus" comes from Visual C++ which is my favourite IDE for software development. Actualy it just comes from C++.

SirPaladin
20.05.2006, 09:14
My nick Danutz_plusplus is composed of Danutz and plusplus. "Danutz" is a another way of saying Dan in romanian (i am romanian) and "plusplus" comes from Visual C++ which is my favourite IDE for software development. Actualy it just comes from C++.
I was getting suspicious... :D
What type of apps do you make?

Ast3r
20.05.2006, 11:04
I like football and my favorite players are Kaka and R.Carlos that is why I choose this nick.

Danutz_plusplus
20.05.2006, 17:59
Well the majority of my applications are console-based, but I'm starting to really enjoy windows apps.(im just at the beggining). Of course my ultimate purpose is games programming(graphics programming).

Haitham
20.05.2006, 19:08
I feel this is the easiest question i will answer! xD

My nick is my name. :D:D

Ze Lucas
27.10.2006, 13:59
I'm very curious about what does some names mean and/or why did u choose them. I know that some names have pretty clear meaning like DesertEagle
(i believe because he loves guns), but!...maybe i'm wrong
So please explain your names here.....;)

I'l start with mine...
I chosed the name Ze Lucas ¨cause i love soccer, and Ze Lucas sounds Brasilian like. I took Ze from Ze Roberto who's one of my favourite players, and Lucas comes from Luka which is my real name. So, Ze Lucas...
:D

UnionLords
27.10.2006, 14:58
Okay, my name "UnionLords" is related to the Lord of The Rings.
My favourite character was Saruman. (He and his army Rocks :) )

I also liked so much,
the idea of the alliance of
---> the number1 power of the west (Saruman)
---> and the number1 power of the east (Sauron).

Sounds such a huge union, huh...

(In stories, I like usually bad guys :p )

So,
I chose my name as "UnionLords"...
Sauron and Saruman...
The Union of The Two Towers...

Emad
27.10.2006, 14:59
my nick has a looong story... in short Emad is Ema (my name's Emanuele) + Mad

Zaratul
27.10.2006, 15:32
My name goes a long way back! When it was golden times of Starcraft there was a character by the name of Zeratul.... time pased and I started to use nick as Zaratul.... so I use it alot and it just became my name. :cool:

Onisuzume
27.10.2006, 16:11
Wouldn't this be more appropiate in the Welcome thread?

Anyways, I took Onisuzume 'cuz I've been using it for years now.

Vardøger
27.10.2006, 16:40
Well, for me I tried several english word at first but they were all taken, so I decided to use a norwegian word instead. Vardøger is a phenomenon, which description originates from Scandinavia if I remember correctly.
It's a little hard to describe but it's when you hear or sense that a person is coming before he/she actually does. For example you can hear someone unlocking the door and taking of their clothes but the person isn't really there. If you have an animal it will often react and a dog or cat may run to the door to greet the person who isn't really there. I've experienced it a few times so I thought it would be nice to use as a name.
At least no one had it already. :)

Hellbilly
27.10.2006, 18:44
Well, Hellbilly (referring to me) is kinda like a combination between Metal, Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Hillbilly, Country, Punk and general bad ass dude. And Hank III calls his music "100% Pure Hellbilly" and Demented Are Go have a killer CD called "Hellbilly Storm". And it just sound damn good. So that's why I use Hellbilly.

I actually use a whole lot of names on various forums... Spine Bender, Ulgan, J Dread, Gutter Rat, Hellbilly, etc.

Elfa
28.10.2006, 02:04
Well, I took the name Elfa because I've been using it since two years ago on several RPGs. It's also the name of my favourite character from the series of romantic books by Barbara Cartland.

And as of 21st of October it is also my real name, cause I'm just cool like that and decided to change my real name. ^____^

Colonelu
28.10.2006, 07:52
Well Colonelu comes from way back, i chosed when i was little at counter-strike, that was the game i played all the day :D

Onisuzume
28.10.2006, 09:11
Well, I took the name Elfa because I've been using it since two years ago on several RPGs. It's also the name of my favourite character from the series of romantic books by Barbara Cartland.

And as of 21st of October it is also my real name, cause I'm just cool like that and decided to change my real name. ^____^
Talking about a devoted fan....
Btw, didn't your family complain about it?

Elfa
28.10.2006, 09:15
Nah, they supported me in my decision. ^^ Sure, it's gonna take them a while to get used to it, but hey - they've been calling me by my previous name for my whole life so it's obvious it's not gonna be a day and they start calling me by Elfa. ^^ But that's okay. They'll get used to it in a while. :p

Sakabato
28.10.2006, 10:05
well i chosed "Desert Eagle" cause i love guns! and thats no surprise
and desert eagle is my favourite pistol!
but before chosing desert eagle i was about too put claud strife, or mercenary, or maybe raven or snake!

but i love my beautifull pics of desert eagles, and i chosed too put it in my nick!

Faby
28.10.2006, 11:29
It's my name..in a bizare and distorted kinda way (Fabian-ian=Fab; Fab+y=Faby :p). And why do I have the sensation that I posted this some while ago?

iceCalt
28.10.2006, 11:42
icecold does excist in an mmorpg, and the german word eiskalt, too. so i thought that i take icec from icecold and alt from kalt, my english is not the best ~.~

Khaled
28.10.2006, 15:41
Khaled is well....just our ol' Khaled from G2...
In my city I'm however known as "Diego"
*looks out for _DieGo_* maybe he will never see this.

adrian93
28.10.2006, 16:17
My real name was is Adrian but when i joined this forum i had the nick "aditu"
and i send a pm to Fizzban and asked to change my nick to Adrian (my real name) and he sayd that there was another Adrian on the forum so i asked him to add thye "93"cas' i was born in 1993!

Onisuzume
28.10.2006, 16:24
I liked the name Aditu more accually...

adrian93
28.10.2006, 16:50
I liked the name Aditu more accually...
Maybe we should make a poll to see if the members preffer my old nick back.<_<
j/k:D

rekinu
28.10.2006, 20:42
And why do I have the sensation that I posted this some while ago?
Because you did ? :D :p

The newest thread was merged with the old one. Check it out from the first page for details about alot of guys here ;)

Ze Lucas
28.10.2006, 21:01
Ughh... sorry for oppening this thread (new). I'm kinda lazy and don't feel like searching for all of the threads on this forum... anyway nice to know your nicknames:D

Zaratul
29.10.2006, 09:32
Ughh... sorry for oppening this thread (new). I'm kinda lazy and don't feel like searching for all of the threads on this forum... anyway nice to know your nicknames:D

That`s bad - try to not be so lazy next time! ;) Anyway - read old threads - there are wery much interesting things! :D

Aligator_Jack
30.10.2006, 20:54
I bet all ghotic fans know from where i choose this nickname,but my real nickname is Sir Goe(romanians know about it).I got it when i was 3(im 15 now)and i've got used to it.:)

The Sandman
30.10.2006, 20:58
maybe you know from where I choose my name. The Sandman is a wrestler in America actually in the ECW. :)

Bostra
01.11.2006, 14:12
My name goes a long way back! When it was golden times of Starcraft there was a character by the name of Zeratul.... time pased and I started to use nick as Zaratul.... so I use it alot and it just became my name. :cool:

Ahh, remember him, he was a dark templar (invis bastard) right?

As for my nick, it got a strange story. While playing games I found out that I wanted a uniqe nick, so I just wrote down the first thing that came to my mind, and that was Bostra. Later on (1-2 years) I found out that it also had a history as a city
Bostra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bostra)

Aligator_Jack
01.11.2006, 20:43
You know words that derive from zeratul are comon nicknames for starcraft players.I've tried a nick similar to zeratul on B.net but they where all used:(

WarTom
02.11.2006, 17:05
Hey! Dunno how old this tread are... but are going to post anyway:)

My uncle was the one to introduse me to RPG,s long ago in the ancient times. He always called his warrior characters WarKet (Ket, his real names first three letters) so i call all my characters in all games (even WoW) for WarTom (my name is Tomas, hate it:D ). So thats what i almost always call my self... §danke

Dino
02.11.2006, 18:53
about my nickname...
back then when i was about 10 years or younger my friends started calling me dino. first of all it was like a mock, and annoying me but after that they started calling me dino. so from more than 5 years all of my friends call me Dino:)

Aligator_Jack
03.11.2006, 14:13
For a nickname i would choose .....euhm....Shit_Guy or Romanian_Junkee.

mnt
04.11.2006, 11:07
Khaled is well....just our ol' Khaled from G2...
In my city I'm however known as "Diego"
*looks out for _DieGo_* maybe he will never see this.
I think you had a good name, well, originally it's a famous Arabic name of
the old brave worrier (Khalid ibn al-Walid) who never lost a battle,
Muslims used to call him Sword of God.

XendoX
10.11.2006, 18:45
i use my name all oveer the net,it began with Gothic 2!my sister bought it and i just tought"another waste of money....but then i played it once and.....i liked it!meanwhile,i was on the net and i needed a nickname,i knew directly that it must be something with Gothic,Xardas!that was the name,now mod it a little my name,look.

Gwendolyn i always chorten it to Gwendo or Gwen then Xendo butt it neaded a finishing toutch!XendoX!it was perfect it was mi name with Xardasses X!:p :D

cristina_scabbia
10.11.2006, 23:42
scabbia is lacuna coil vocal,but i can be lesbian for this woman :rolleyes:

iceCalt
10.11.2006, 23:53
my real nick is iceCalt, but i told too much in an thread, and mediate aka blutfeuer gives me that funny nick, i should say ty to her if she isn't an Mod *lol

Faby
11.11.2006, 08:13
die letzten beiden änderungswünsche hab ich erledigt.
ich hatte euch gewarnt.

Zitat:
Zitat von blutfeuer
ich war in meinem letzten post nicht ganz deutlich ?
ich such mir irgendwas blö

Translations anyone?

Dim3
11.11.2006, 09:38
dunno how old this thread is..

When i got first inet connection to my computer (about 2years ago) i started to play some FPS games, like cs and dod, then i noticed that i was pretty good at pulics and i should pick a nick somewhere, so i looked up in to my shelf and saw my deodorant "Axe - dimension" i think it was called. I just took those 4letters from the start and changed e with 3 ^^

lame isin't it? :p

Sakrileg
11.11.2006, 14:49
Sakrileg is a german word. In english = Sacrilege is the violation or injurious treatment of a sacred object. In a less proper sense, any transgression against the virtue of religion would be a sacrilege. It can come in the form of irreverence to sacred persons, places, and things.
And is the name from my band:D

Khaled
17.11.2006, 20:13
scabbia is lacuna coil vocal,but i can be lesbian for this woman :rolleyes:

I'm a hetero,but can be everything for her...=P~ §xlol

Colton
18.11.2006, 17:05
Nothing personal my nick is Colton because the guy on the pic has my hairdoe...

COma4ever
20.11.2006, 13:24
When i got my current crapy computer...i started playing and playing and playing....Then I discovered that games can surprise you with a good storyline, gameplay, not only with GREAT graphics.... o... come on you all discovered this nce so don't laugh §burn. Anyways... I thought of a nick which i could use....
So I came up with COma. It comes from my name which is Cosmin...and the short version is Cosma...so I took the S out.

Wow....story of my life

Prokroustis
20.11.2006, 14:51
My nick is from a guy from an ancient greek legent. He wasnt really nice though... :D

H0llys
23.11.2006, 16:14
My nick comes from a teacher(HOLLYS) and a song (HOLY DIVER):)

Hellbilly
23.11.2006, 16:19
It's Holy diver with one l if you're referring to the Dio song ;)

H0llys
23.11.2006, 16:29
It's Holy diver with one l if you're referring to the Dio song ;)
Oh you're right thanks.But the teacher is with doubleL

blackmage23
23.11.2006, 18:32
When I played Gothic 1 & 2, I was very disappointed not to be able to play as a black magician like Xardas.
So I chose then this Nick to express my wish of playing as a black mage. And god (piranha bytes) must have heard my prayers and they have implemented this ability in Gothic 3 :D .

But obviously the nick BlackMage was not free anymore when I registered §burn , so I had to put my birthday behind the nick.

mtnwalker
09.12.2006, 02:54
It wouldn't let me have Sheyah (what folks now call me) so i chose a nickname i have had for years. mtnwalker is short for mountain walker. I used to walk in the mountains alot and help with trail maintainence, someone called me that just once, and it stuck.

Lycanthrophist
09.12.2006, 10:34
My nickname,Lycanthrophist comes from the Sims 2 game.:D
It should be in latin,meaning part human-part animal.I don't know latin,but got it from a web page.

gunnymed
11.12.2006, 19:50
My Nickname Gunnymed (chammad) is a free translation from arabian language. It meens the same as little worrior. The arabian langauge is very difficult to translate cause of the speech. At latest this name is downright nonsense, but my father called me so since all my live. He is a funny chap and i like this name.

Greetz,
Gunnymed

Kamguz21
31.01.2007, 11:27
My nick is from three first letters of my name KAMIL, and three first letters of my surname. 21 - lucky number;) and number of my house. Please don't mislead Kamguz with Kangus (cornflakes:D ). I have others nickname - Furion (inspired from WarCraft 3) and PEACEMAKER when I play in some shooters. Then I make PEACE:p

chris22
31.01.2007, 12:13
chosen nickname is as simple as it looks: from my own surname cristian, 22 is the date of birth :D... wanted to choose, first time, smth like "wrath", "rage" everything related to evil, lol, but nah.... just a simple nickname :D

strange little guy
31.01.2007, 14:26
I chose the nick "strange little guy" because I'm a guy and I'm short for my age. where i got the "strange" from i really can't remember:confused:

Sakabato
31.01.2007, 18:42
Desert Eagle!
my favourite gun, and so my nick!
my other options were, Last Hope, Mercenary, and Onisuzume!:D :rolleyes: :p

.†.MikeL.†.
31.01.2007, 23:55
The last few days I'm thinking to change my nick but I'm not sure at least not yet.
And I'm not going to change it to Sephiroth (for the ones who suggested so a few months ago) :D

We'll see :rolleyes:

Colonelu
01.02.2007, 08:00
I don't want to dissapoint you, but Sephiroth sounds better.

Nah MikeL is cooler :cool:

I had explain my nickname some pages before.

RadGot
01.02.2007, 08:14
I'll never change my nickname, its from my name (Rad) Then is Gothic (Got).

MikeL, don't change your nick name into... Shepirof or something like that. The second nickname is hard to say... :o

.†.MikeL.†.
01.02.2007, 09:06
MikeL, don't change your nick name into... Shepirof or something like that. The second nickname is hard to say... :o

Hehehe lol :D
I see your avatar is Saifer right? (he is the bad guy in FF8) :cool:
I thought you would know about Sephiroth (the bad guy in FF7 and in the Kingdom Hearts) :D

@Calin Matoianu
Maybe but it would be very simple right? :D

@Colonelu
Thanks man I think so too :D
But even if I change it, the MikeL won't go, I will just add something, wich I think it will make it even cooler ;)

.†.MikeL.†.
02.02.2007, 21:30
Double post, yeah, yeah, I know.

I changed my nick from "MikeL" to "MikeL Valentine" :D
I think Valentine and MikeL are the coolest names I've ever heard well the MikeL is mine. :D

As most of you know, I am a huge fan of FF series and especially FF7 and FF9, the name Valentine is coming from one of the main characters of FF7 "Vincent Valentine" (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/FF7AClimitedboxset/sqex203.jpg) :cool:

I also liked it because it is said that Vincent is Sephiroth's father :cool:

What do you think?

rekinu
02.02.2007, 21:34
Double post, yeah, yeah, I know.

I think Valentine and MikeL are the coolest names I've ever heard well the MikeL is mine. :D

As most of you know, I am a huge fan of FF series and especially FF7 and FF9, the name Valentine is coming from one of the main characters of FF7 "Vincent Valentine" (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/FF7AClimitedboxset/sqex203.jpg) :cool:

I also liked it because it is said that Vincent is Sephiroth's father :cool:

What do you think?
I just wanted to post to tell you that the new nick is cool ;)

At first I taught you chosed Valentine because of the "valentine's day" on 14 feb :D (silly me :p )

.†.MikeL.†.
02.02.2007, 21:40
I just wanted to post to tell you that the new nick is cool ;)

Thanks

At first I taught you chosed Valentine because of the "valentine's day" on 14 feb :D (silly me :p )

§rofl
Did you seriously believe that I would do something like that? :D

Anyway the Valentine you mean sounds as it is written, the Valentine I mean sounds like Valentaine ;)

EDIT:

tbh the one I mean sounds Valentaine too :D
... whatever :p

Yeah whatever :p

rekinu
02.02.2007, 21:43
Anyway the Valentine you mean sounds as it is written, the Valentine I mean sounds like Valentaine ;)
tbh the one I mean sounds Valentaine too :D
... whatever :p

WernerTWC
02.02.2007, 22:16
Does indeed sounds cool, and Valentine was one of the greatest and mysterious Chars in the whole FF-Universe,... well Vivi was also cool! ^^

*lol*,... you sould give those games a try before you think that that "Vivi" i posted above is a medicine against headaches! ;)
http://www.myapo.at/OTCkatalog/images/1296801.jpg

rekinu
02.02.2007, 22:18
*lol*,... you sould give those games a try before you think that that "Vivi" i posted above is a medicine against headaches! ;)
http://www.myapo.at/OTCkatalog/images/1296801.jpg
too late, I already googled it and found out about that medicine :p ;) :D

Colonelu
03.02.2007, 08:37
Hmm well MikeL Valentine sounds good. :)

At first I taught you chosed Valentine because of the "valentine's day" on 14 feb :D

Me too :D

Agressive Swine
09.02.2007, 13:19
I was impressed by the thread about allmighty boars on this forum and i took this name. But my real nickname is "Cyanide".

seeker of gothic
09.02.2007, 19:47
I like gothic and i like seekers so...and thats my nick on JW to:)

.†.MikeL.†.
10.02.2007, 17:28
Does indeed sounds cool, and Valentine was one of the greatest and mysterious Chars in the whole FF-Universe,... well Vivi was also cool! ^^

At first I was thinking about "MikeL Orunitia" (from "Vivi Orunitia") ;)
Yeah Vivi is awesome my fav. in FF9 and second fav. of all series :cool:

WernerTWC
10.02.2007, 23:50
At first I was thinking about "MikeL Orunitia" (from "Vivi Orunitia") ;)
Yeah Vivi is awesome my fav. in FF9 and second fav. of all series :cool:

But you know how to rename yourself,... THAT name-change would be a supported one. ;) :D

...hail Vivi! http://mitglied.lycos.de/mendelsml/s9/se_51.gif

.†.MikeL.†.
11.02.2007, 11:29
But you know how to rename yourself,... THAT name-change would be a supported one. ;) :D

...hail Vivi! http://mitglied.lycos.de/mendelsml/s9/se_51.gif

Valentine sound cool too and on the other hand I already have the MikeL_Orunitia at the eyes on ff forums (http://forums.eyesonff.com/) (the best site about ff series I have found so far) ;)

seeker of gothic
11.02.2007, 19:42
Every time i see the name Valentine i think of a guy from a manga hellsing /great stuff.

Zaratul
12.02.2007, 20:49
Looks and sounds cool MikeL! :)

But about 14`s feb was a great joke! §xlol

Archibal
12.02.2007, 21:20
@seeker of gothic
The Valentine Brothers? (I'm also a big Hellsing fan :) )

seeker of gothic
12.02.2007, 21:35
:D I read the manga and watched both OVA didn see the series but i heard thy are not that good:( The third ova and more parts of the manga should be out sometime soon wright? Alucard pwns§danke

Archibal
13.02.2007, 05:36
The 13 episodes are also good (the final battel is :eek: , ALucard fights like a god at the end).
I also watched both OVA and I hope that the third part will come out soon :)

.†.MikeL.†.
13.02.2007, 09:17
Looks and sounds cool MikeL! :)

Thanks man :cool:

But about 14`s feb was a great joke! §xlol

It was indeed I loughed really much :p

Xanatoss
03.03.2007, 14:06
About your nick... how did you get the idea, from where do you have it etc.
About mine:
Usually i don't like copying nicks or stuff, you know:"yeah, i'm BECKAM!" , but this name Diego impressed me, it's also an important charcater in Gothic etc. And i like it for one more thing, i like nicks about around 5 letters :D, don't know why (like Jerry, DieGo, Tupac... ). What about yours?

I´m too lazy to read through the whole thread, but how come you have a picture of Ian (?) as your ava then? :D

"Thanatos" is the old greek god of death.
I somewhat came up with "Xanatoss" before knowing, though.

Lazor
07.03.2007, 13:47
I was thinking of a good nickname and i found Lazor (maybe from Lazer, i can't remember) . But now after 4-5 years using this nickname (in this forum some months only) i found out that there is a english Surname "Lazor" :p . Anyway it doesn't matter i won't change it again. (remember? my previous nick was Eleborn)

Snoop_dg
07.03.2007, 15:42
well my nickname is actually a gramar mistake of mine ... i allways write snoop dg and forget to write the "og" between "d" and "g" ... Dunno why but I just got atached to this nick ... btw ... my former nick on wog.com is ... The Crypt Lord ( don't ask ) ... lack of imagination ... sounds like shyt :D :D

Frotze
08.03.2007, 01:55
Frustrated as I was with my incapacity to find some good nickname, I just started one day messing with my family name (Forest) and ended up with Frotze. Notice it even almost sounds the same if you say it fast...

Ok, very fast. :D

Lazor
08.03.2007, 18:26
Eleborn was a better nickname, IMHO. When I see "Lazor" I allways think of "Razor".:D

Well Eleborn is nice only for Gothic-style RPGs but i wanted a nick which could "Fit" in all kind of games

Mister.42
11.03.2007, 15:59
@Xanatoss: That isn't Ian. it's just a Shadow:
http://www.worldofgothic.com/images/g1charaktere/tschatten.jpg

Actually that is Lares with the shadow armour.

@Ontopic
Why Mister42...mhhh....I don't really know.:D

Lazor
11.03.2007, 16:17
@Xanatoss: That isn't Ian. it's just a Shadow:
http://www.worldofgothic.com/images/g1charaktere/tschatten.jpg

:D Actually x2 it's Diego, take a look here (http://images.google.gr/images?q=diego+gothic&gbv=2&ndsp=18&svnum=10&hl=el&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&start=108&sa=N)

Hellbilly
11.03.2007, 17:09
:D Actually x2 it's Diego, take a look here (http://images.google.gr/images?q=diego+gothic&gbv=2&ndsp=18&svnum=10&hl=el&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&start=108&sa=N)

No, that only means people think it's Diego. If I uploaded an image of Lara Croft with a name like "Diego_Gothic" there's a chance it would show up there eventually.

.†.MikeL.†.
12.03.2007, 01:08
No, that only means people think it's Diego. If I uploaded an image of Lara Croft with a name like "Diego_Gothic" there's a chance it would show up there eventually.

Is that so?
So if I write Hellbilly I might find you in google? :D
Nah I don't think it's that simple.

Hellbilly
12.03.2007, 06:19
Is that so?
So if I write Hellbilly I might find you in google? :D
Nah I don't think it's that simple.

Read up a little on what is published about how Google's search engine works. There's no moderator there checking the truthfulness of every search result and making sure "diego gothic" gives only images of Diego from Gothic; it works on other criteria.

And no, you don't find a picture of me. Instead, you'll find plenty of pictures related to Hank III, Rob Zombie and Demented Are Go. Try it out and see for yourself why.

_ViEcH_
15.03.2007, 22:25
i have my nickname for about 8 years, after my brother founded the name he gave it to me and since that i have it...
My name is well known in Quake III, Half Life Deathmatch and Soeldner Secret Wars ...

_ViEcH_

darksoulsword
16.03.2007, 00:44
well I started calling my self Dark Soul ten years ago I just thought it would be a cool name to use, I had to change it to Dark Soul Sword because there is anther Dark Soul in this form. in fact there are tons of people using the nick name Dark Soul in forms all over the internet I guess it's because the name just sounds so cool.:cool: :D :D ;) ;)

Master1992
18.03.2007, 18:13
About my nickname:
A day in school, my friends and me, we begun with calling us.... (i don´t know any more, but it doesn´t matter)
And then a few days later i´d called me Master and when i´d discovered wog, i wanted to call me Master, but this Name had already exist, so i´ve taken my birthyear, and know i´m called Master1992

Zwerglein
21.03.2007, 15:01
ümmm,how my Nick cam up? I think it has something to do with a big Bottle of Beer XD

Now Serious, i had a Time were i was Fascinated by Dwarfs, im German so for me its "Zwerg", but "Zwerg" alone would be a bit boring and so i wrote a "lein"
behind my name and Tada, the name "Zwerglein" was made.

Onisuzume
21.03.2007, 15:32
i have my nickname for about 8 years, after my brother founded the name he gave it to me and since that i have it...
My name is well known in Quake III, Half Life Deathmatch and Soeldner Secret Wars ...

_ViEcH_
Don't you mean "Söldner Secret Wars"?

And about that Shadow; it's either not the diego in G1/2. (different skin/hair)
Looks more like Dexter to me btw.

_ViEcH_
24.03.2007, 17:39
by Onisuzume: Don't you mean "Söldner Secret Wars"?
Of course i mean Soldner Secret wars but since i'm in America the Pc-Keyboards have no "oe" and so i have to write it like "oe"...

_ViEcH_

complex1337
24.03.2007, 19:04
about my nick:
cuz i am complex and a 1337(leet):cool:

Sakabato
25.03.2007, 22:44
how can i change my nickname???
anybody ever tried that?!

rekinu
26.03.2007, 00:32
how can i change my nickname???
anybody ever tried that?!
You can PM a mod , with the new name you want and it will be changed.:)

Onisuzume
26.03.2007, 09:04
Of course i mean Soldner Secret wars but since i'm in America the Pc-Keyboards have no "oe" and so i have to write it like "oe"...

_ViEcH_
My keyboard uses american settings. :P
Next time; just press the " before pressing the o.

You can PM a mod , with the new name you want and it will be changed.
If they feel like it.

I wonder what'll happen if I'd PM a mod about changing my name to "rekinu rocks". ;)

Sakabato
26.03.2007, 10:36
If they feel like it.

I wonder what'll happen if I'd PM a mod about changing my name to "rekinu rocks". ;)

i wonder what'ill happen if i'd PM a mod about changing my name to "i love onisuzume":rolleyes: :p

no offence! jk!:D

Sakabato
26.03.2007, 13:56
I wonder what would happen if I PM a mod to change my name to Nea Gigi or Gigica?:p

@DesertEagle: I say that you should leave your name like this.;)

why u say that?
i like the nick "deserteagle" but i want to have a new nick! just to see how it looks! and besides, my new nick has much more to do with me then this one, cause, im not a gun! looool!:p
altough, i chosed the deserteagle has nick cause its a wild and fearsome simbol in my point of view!:)

Onisuzume
26.03.2007, 16:20
i wonder what'ill happen if i'd PM a mod about changing my name to "i love onisuzume":rolleyes: :p

no offence! jk!:D
I guess I could considder myself flattered...
At least it is, imo, better then your current one. :p

Faby
26.03.2007, 19:31
Wow, nice nick there Xaladinblablaa :p. I love randomly chosen names :D.

Sakabato
27.03.2007, 10:48
XaLaDiNhuh?:D LOL! I just can't remember this nickname.:p DesertEagle was much more better. Besides, where did you get this new nickname from?:rolleyes:

XaLaDiNhuh 4ever!!!!:D :D :D

xalado means "crazy" in portugese used in Alentejo!
and i love using this kind of nonsence nicks!:p

Wow, nice nick there Xaladinblablaa . I love randomly chosen names .

its not randomly chosed nickname! i have this nick on my msn too! and i think the next caracter i create in a game will be named "XaLaDiNhuh ReLaXaDiNhuh"!:p :D

Sakabato
27.03.2007, 15:17
That means that you find yourself in that nickname? You think you're crazy?:D :p

Never mind. I'll still call you DesertEagle.;)

i dont think im crazy! i am!:D
atleast most ppl i know say taht i am!:p

and u can still call me desert eagle if u feel like it! doesnt mater to me!:)

Thanatos
28.03.2007, 19:35
My first nick was "Gothicplayer". Because it was too creative §ugly I changed it into "Mr. Fabulous". But it doesn´t mean that I think I am fabulous. It´s the name of the trumpet-player (is that right?) of the Blues Brothers band. You can also see them in my signature. I love their music and their films. They are genious!

Hellbilly
28.03.2007, 20:00
The Blues Brothers is a great movie indeed (haven't seen Blues Brothers 2000). And the soundtrack to that movie is one of the two simply essential movie soundtracks. Awesome. (need to check out their other material as well, haven't gotten around to that yet).

Bastardo
02.12.2007, 21:28
There must be a reason behind your nickname!
So, why that nickname? Maybe it's a stupid question, but I think nicknames are important...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Bastardo" is not just my nick on WoG. I use it when I tag walls(what?), when I sign my drawings, and on the Internet. The reasons are three:
1) I'm the record man for how many times people call me like that:D Because I always make evil jokes to people and I say them what I want to say, regardless of their reactions. That makes people go mad, lol!
2) Because I'm a "bastard" also in the common sense of the word, I'm half Italian and half Russian.
3) With this nickname, I'm insulting myself. I deserve it:p.

My previous nick was "BeRSeRK" but since I started to smoke so much, I'm not so berserked any more:rolleyes:

Dino
02.12.2007, 21:38
cuz my friends call me that way since I was 3rd grade. Now I'm 10th

Danto
02.12.2007, 21:41
Well my nick in bulgarian means The Daniel but when you say Danto its like Danito siginifing that someone is talking about me but most ppl dont say the ''i'' and besides its catchy.And there is some author or something who is called Arthur Danto! :D

Ze Lucas
02.12.2007, 21:48
I think there was a thread about this topic before but nevertheless:
I wanted a nickname that sounds like those of Brazilian footballers.
First part comes from ˝Zé Roberto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Roberto_da_Silva_J%C3%BAnior)˝ one of my football role-models. I discovered what ˝Zé˝(shortened José) mens later and despite the fact that i don't have any links with name Jose i kept Ze in my nick.
Second part comes from my name: Luka. Lucas simply sounds better:p

Huntsman
02.12.2007, 21:54
Because it's pure pwnage :D.

Seriously though, because I am much like a quiet, mysterious hunter who likes to live a slow life and explore his surroundings. AND it's cool :).

@Bastardo_90

Cool reasons to have such a nick, I guess. It's good to stick to something.

Sakabato
02.12.2007, 23:27
XaLaDiNhuh!!!!
something EVERYBODY! from that forsaken land in my country, called "Beja" knows...but rather then there, almost noone knows what it stands for...

But I! shall reveal, what was allready revealed in the past...
xaladinhuh, comes from "xalado" wich is a word from alentejo that means "crazy\nuts\loon"...
I started using it cause of a girl who`s nick was(is?)XaLaDiNhah...
(sigh)And wel...I started calling myself...XaLaDiNhuh!
..actualy, the complete nick of mine, was "XaLaDiNhuh ReLaXaDiNhuh"...
relaxadinhuh, is writen in the same stupid way has xaladinhuh..cause the well writen version of both is..."xaladinho relaxadinho". Relaxadinho means "Relaxes"...so its basicaly..."relaxed loon" xD
..but i`m more known by some has just XaLaDiNhuh...or just xalado...oh well...:rolleyes::o

dark-cz-klaw
02.12.2007, 23:43
dark because I like dark colors, but I'm white
-cz- because I'm proud of me being Czech
klaw just because I wanted to add something to my name

Khaled
03.12.2007, 05:28
Khaled...:dnuhr:
When I joined WoG.com I thought that most of the users have Gothic names(never visited the forum as a guest;)) so I tried some names, but all were taken. FInally, I chose a rather anonimus name from G2: Khaled. It doesn't represent nothing from my real life though...I'm of no arabian origins...only that I like to use the hookah often and to eat kebab.

Onisuzume
03.12.2007, 09:01
Bastardo, please do a search next time before opening a thread like this...
Because with less than half a minute of searchng I found this (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=94913).

Cor Angars
03.12.2007, 12:54
I got my nickname from Cor Angar from gothic 1 of course! becous he is my favorite character in gothic 1 and 2. but "Cor Angar" only was allredy taken so, I just put a "s" to it it would. I liked it more then "Angart" who was a secondary option!

KingOvi
03.12.2007, 14:29
Mine is simple :D Ovinet was my first nickname on the internet, coming from "Ovi" - that's how my friends call me and "net" from Internet, then the "-hero" part comes from the fact that the WoP Forum said there is already someone on the name Ovinet, so "-hero" was what I made at that moment.

The Assasin
03.12.2007, 14:40
Well, I was always fascinated with assassins. Every game I could play with assassin I played like assassin.

But, as you can see, my nick is The Assasin bu not The Assassin. That was a mistake when I wrote my nick for this forum.

Lazor
03.12.2007, 15:03
Lazor, no it's not from Razor, not it's not from Lazer.. It's just from a stupid idea i, and one of my friends had one day to find some cool stupid nicks. Well i ended up with Lazor and Eleborn. Eleborn sounded to "elvish" so i decided that Lazor is much better cause i can't use it everywhere :) In some online games i use my name because it's rare too.

Aria
03.12.2007, 15:07
My nick is also my nick in real life. My name's Ariana and everyone calls me Aria....

Bastardo
03.12.2007, 16:23
So, there was already a thread like mine. That's something new, isn't it?

Danto
03.12.2007, 17:22
Lazor, no it's not from Razor, not it's not from Lazer..
Wasnt this from a film about basketball! :D

Wisi
03.12.2007, 17:39
My Nickname is named so, because my Nickname in my real life is "Wisel".
And I also played in a football team. In this team i have the number 66.
Also is my Name wisi66.:gratz

Gor_Na_Drak
03.12.2007, 21:30
Well I'm playing G1 for the first time, and the guys from the brotherhood that I had met in the Old Camp and the New Camp that I had met didn't impress me all that much, though their talk about the Sleeper was a bit intriguing. I hadn't been to the swamp yet, but I was pretty sure that I would join one of the other two camps.

So I'm walking between the New and Old camps when I see these two guys walking down the path. They got attacked by some scavengers and they handled them with ease. The armor they wore was the best I'd seen, and their calm demeanor really stuck with me. I saw them and I said to myself, "That's the armor I want. That's the attitude that I want. That's the look." One of them was named Gor Na Drak (the other one didn't have a proper name).

Anyway when I joined here I figured I'd take on a Gothic type name, and what better name than the first member of the brotherhood who made me want to join the brotherhood?

Danutz_plusplus
03.12.2007, 21:40
Well I'm playing G1 for the first time, and the guys from the brotherhood that I had met in the Old Camp and the New Camp that I had met didn't impress me all that much, though their talk about the Sleeper was a bit intriguing. I hadn't been to the swamp yet, but I was pretty sure that I would join one of the other two camps.

So I'm walking between the New and Old camps when I see these two guys walking down the path. They got attacked by some scavengers and they handled them with ease. The armor they wore was the best I'd seen, and their calm demeanor really stuck with me. I saw them and I said to myself, "That's the armor I want. That's the attitude that I want. That's the look." One of them was named Gor Na Drak (the other one didn't have a proper name).

Anyway when I joined here I figured I'd take on a Gothic type name, and what better name than the first member of the brotherhood who made me want to join the brotherhood?
Great story. God I miss that Gothic 1 atmosphere. Wish I could erase all my Gothic 1 related memories and experience it once again.:D

I said this a while ago, but what the heck. My name's Dan, and a childish way of saying Dan, is Danutz. Also add in my love for c++ and you got my nickname.

Cassandra Gotha
03.12.2007, 22:29
Cassandra : the daughter of king Priam (Πρίαμος), and queen Hecuba (Εκάβη), rulers of Troy, was gifted by Apollo a great gift: she could see the future. But he (Apollo) also cursed her: no one would believe her predictions.

Gotha :Well, from my favorite game, Gothic!

And, Lazor, of course Κασσάνδρα is not my real name! (You asked me sometime) :p Really, think of that, what kind of parents would ever call their daughter with this name? :rolleyes:

Danto
03.12.2007, 22:36
Cassandra Gotha @ Ow I taught Cassandra Gotha is like Cassandra Goth a female character from The Sims 2!Anyway in Troy wasn't Cassandra a lunatic too? :rolleyes:

Cassandra Gotha
03.12.2007, 22:43
Cassandra Gotha @ Ow I taught Cassandra Gotha is like Cassandra Goth a female character from The Sims 2!Anyway in Troy wasn't Cassandra a lunatic too? :rolleyes:
Two guys from other forums have asked me about the Sims! I haven't play Sims, not even see someone playing! :eek: :o

And, yes, Cassandra, the "Troy's lunatic", we 're talking for the same girl here...

Shadow
04.12.2007, 00:05
Shadow fits my personalty
dark and lonly

.†.MikeL.†.
04.12.2007, 11:21
Shadow fits my personalty

Hehe, your avatar too :p

Cor Angars
04.12.2007, 20:19
Shodow if beliar himself!:G
Obey him!§danke
But don`t prey more for him then the Sleeper!

Mikael Grizzly
04.12.2007, 20:22
Mikael - Scandinavian vesion of my name, Michal (I love it).
Grizzly - derived from how I was called by my family, of which I grew rather fond of.

adrianovicci
23.12.2007, 19:51
My nick comes from my real name, Adi. I first tried Adriano, but it was already in use. So, I started thinkingof a new nick. Nothing fitted me, so I created a russian version of my nick.

VitaVus
23.12.2007, 21:06
I wanted to have a nickname so i looked up in a dictionary for latin and found vita. then i just put the vus behind this word and ready was my nickname.

Cyrus35
23.12.2007, 21:39
:) Well Cyrus35 comes from:
1. In the movie "Con Air" was a character named "Cyrus the Virus" which was a genius convict.
2. Cyrus the Great was the first king of the Persian Empire.
3. The letters "C","R","S" are in both names Cyrus and Cristi, which is my real name ;)
And 35 is a sum of some important numbers in my life.

em93
15.03.2008, 15:04
My nick comes from my first letters from my name and familyname : em
And my birth year 1993 : 93

em93 :D

Matishels
15.03.2008, 15:44
my nickname is made from my real name - Matīss.

alyn26
16.03.2008, 09:13
namelessrhobarII:dnuhr: :)) kinda stupid, no? My real name is Alin. My real nick name is Skarface ;), I used skarface almost everywhere,including graffiti:p, but started getting bored to have the same name on every forum. (oh, no. the reason I took namelessrhobarII is that there was another skarface )

Omid-
16.03.2008, 10:02
ahm... real name: omid... nickname on this forum: omidoow :D. It kinda sucks i just want omid and not omidoow but i guess then i'll have to make a new account...

UnleashedSleeper
26.04.2008, 19:21
well this nickname of mine is just made of casuality, don't love the sleeper from
G1 :), sleeper is cuz i sleep all day, have no energy, like dead, just look at my pic :), dhought my original nickname(the one that identifies with me) is >>>>
BLACKREPTILE > black comes from death and reptile comes from the caracter of
MK trilogy with witch i won a city MK tournament with the prize of 10 Euros at that time.... §wink

Pluggy
27.04.2008, 07:42
A few years ago, when I was a bit younger, I've had searched a name for playing online. I thought and thought... cacanuba!
Unfortunately the people pronounced it like "kaka" what's the same like shit... because of that i've taken the two c's :D

Altair-AoD
29.04.2008, 04:47
I was first inspired by Altair (microcomputers) but i changed to Altair ibn La-Ahad. My current nick is Altair Angel of Death because Altair was taken. :(

GothicFighter
29.04.2008, 07:26
My nick doesn't have nothing to do with rap or hip-hop. Just a nick...