PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gold version - NOTR quests gone?

jfunk
12.01.2006, 22:02
Not sure if this is a problem or not. I had joined up with the Water Mages. I was at the point where I had not had Lester take me to them yet, but I had gotten the ornament to do so. I also had found out about Raven and Valtras told me to go to the other land with the Mages and find the townspeople.

However, I instead went to the valley of mines and got the proof that Hagen wanted and brought it back to him (so I am now in Chap 3).

The problem is, now those dialog options with Valtras and Lester no longer exist. I can't tell Valtras I'm ready to go to the other world and I can't tell Lester to take me to the Mages. Did something get screwed up here or is this normal? Will those options come back at some point, or do I have to load an old save and lose all that time in the valley of mines?

Thanks!

j

Sowilo
12.01.2006, 22:10
welcome,
that sounds strange.. (why you all have a chaotic gameplay it is a German game if you get a task you have to solve it immediately and not to choose additional ones ;)).
Do you checked your questlog for any relics which have a connection to these lost content? So you were ready to enter the other world? Do you collected all ornaments?

WernerTWC
12.01.2006, 22:13
Hi and §welcome to the forum!
I think this shouldn´t be a problem, you can enter the New World also in chapter 3, just try it to go there!
Maybe a quest is lost, or just a dialoge, but you should be able to enter the New World (AddOn World).

jfunk
12.01.2006, 22:16
I only collected one ornament as far as I know. One that I gave to Lester and he was supposed to take it to the Mages and I was supposed to follow him. I had the dialog option with him of "Let's go" down at the docks.

Also, Valtras was informed of the information I got at Dexter's camp and told me to go to the other land and find the missing people. There was some dialog option he had that said "I'm ready to go" or something like that.

However, after a trip to the valley of mines, those two options are no longer there. The two things are still in my quest log (go with Lester to Mages and Valtras wants me to teleport to other land with the water mages), but I can't talk to either of them about it.

I did not do these immediately because I was under the impression that the other land was for higher level and wanted to advance some before going there.

I have not even seen the Mages yet because I was never taken to them, I don't even know where they are.

j

jfunk
12.01.2006, 22:17
How do I get there? Since I never followed Lester, I do not even know where the mages are. Will they even talk to me without him bringing them the ornament I found for him???

j

I only collected one ornament as far as I know. One that I gave to Lester and he was supposed to take it to the Mages and I was supposed to follow him. I had the dialog option with him of "Let's go" down at the docks.

Also, Valtras was informed of the information I got at Dexter's camp and told me to go to the other land and find the missing people. There was some dialog option he had that said "I'm ready to go" or something like that.

However, after a trip to the valley of mines, those two options are no longer there. The two things are still in my quest log (go with Lester to Mages and Valtras wants me to teleport to other land with the water mages), but I can't talk to either of them about it.

I did not do these immediately because I was under the impression that the other land was for higher level and wanted to advance some before going there.

I have not even seen the Mages yet because I was never taken to them, I don't even know where they are.

j

Sowilo
12.01.2006, 22:22
Do you know the big pyramid? In the near you will find the entrance to an dungeon (I think a few goblins are there). Go inside and speak with the mages maybe you get more information.
To enter the new world you need ehmm... 4 ornaments and you have to make one out of them. If nobody talks with you you could try to get them and if you have all they will maybe speak with you.

WernerTWC
12.01.2006, 22:23
You should take a look at this place :) :

http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/index.htm?data=data_orte.js&id=o_51

BTW.: please try to avoid double-posts, instead use the http://forum.worldofplayers.de/layouts/wog-en/edit.gif -button.

:::Trickster:::
13.01.2006, 13:27
The NPC you're talking about is Lares not Lester ( :rolleyes: )! Going with him to the mages is one the first things you should have done after you got into the city because the trip is very long, there are many monsters on the way there, Lares does all the killing, and you get the XP so you get one or even two level-ups this way. I'm so surprised you didn't do this at the beginning, you should have at least been courious about the place that he was supposed to take you to. Personally I think that if you lost the "Let's go" dialog option there's no way to make him go with you to the mages. You should try to beat him up and see if the ornament appears in his inventory. If it does take it, collect the other ornaments, and take them all to the mages. The piramid where the mages are is in the north-east part of Khorinis, it's visible on the map so you shouldn't have problems getting there.
I hope that this is possible so you don't have to load and lose all your progress.

suibhne
13.01.2006, 17:33
I had the same problem with Lares losing those dialogue options. The good news is that it shouldn't have an impact at all on your ability to do the NOTR quests, and in fact you'll be forced to do the NOTR quests in Chapter 3 or 4 - can't remember. You'll just have to get to the temple on your own, which will involve some more difficult fighting now that you're in Chapter 3...

Edit: Hmm, I didn't understand that you've already given Lares the piece of the ornament. Maybe somebody can help with an add code for it.

jfunk
14.01.2006, 19:40
Thanks for the help guys, (and yeah, I realized it was Lares, not Lester once I went back into the game, oops).

I went the mages myself using the teleport at the Inn and they did all talk to me. I had a piece of ornament in my inventory still (I'm assuming this is a second I picked up somewhere along the way), but they didn't seem to mention anything about me finding other ones, are they supposed to give me a quest to do that??

Also, I noticed that my log says that Vatras gave me a note to the mages that I'm to go with them through the portal, but that note is not in my inventory, should it be?

I'll try beating up Lares to see if I can get the piece back from him. Am I SOL if he doesn't have it??

j

WernerTWC
14.01.2006, 20:20
I went the mages myself using the teleport at the Inn and they did all talk to me. I had a piece of ornament in my inventory still (I'm assuming this is a second I picked up somewhere along the way), but they didn't seem to mention anything about me finding other ones, are they supposed to give me a quest to do that??

You get the quest of seraching the other ornaments when you talk to Saturas (about that first ornament-piece, if you have it in your inventory), and then talk to Nefarius, he should give you a map about the other pieces.
Maybe you are getting to know the well known "Lares-bug", that was the first time i had used a cheat! ;)

Also, I noticed that my log says that Vatras gave me a note to the mages that I'm to go with them through the portal, but that note is not in my inventory, should it be?
Yeah you should have it in your inventory, but you maybe gaved it already to the mages?!?

I'll try beating up Lares to see if I can get the piece back from him. Am I SOL if he doesn't have it??
If anything goes wrong, you can cheat, but imho this should be the last option.
Maybe you missed a mage, i would try to talk with the important ppl on that again, could be:
Vatras
Lares
Saturas
Nefarius