PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Mount&Blade

MladjanDJ
10.01.2006, 14:19
Did anybody played this game?
I went to the official site and forum of Mount and Blade (http://www.taleworlds.com) and saw a bunch of fans talking about this game,I've heard about it before but it wasn't interested me till now.This medieval RPG is created by just two people Armagan and Ipek,Husband and Wife and its free(untill you reach level 6 then you must purchase a license online).You can download it here (http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_0711_setup.exe ) and it weights around 37 MB.
I've played the game for a few hours and I can tell you I like it,well its not Gothic III but will do.I just adore the battles and riding on the horse,fight sistem is very good on the horse and on the foot:you need to use block all the time but in the right moment(like in gothic)if you dont time right enemy will change his direction of the swing.Here are some of my screenshots:
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/4444/capture110200621807pm0gf.th.jpg (http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture110200621807pm0gf.jpg) http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/6007/capture110200621811pm9jq.th.jpg (http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture110200621811pm9jq.jpg) http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3734/screen13rk.th.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen13rk.jpg) http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7224/39um1.th.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=39um1.jpg)

MladjanDJ
10.01.2006, 18:36
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7830/smil4340c1abf114910xp.gif anyone?

Sowilo
10.01.2006, 18:41
I think about downlaoding it at the week end.

silver_reaver
21.01.2006, 15:30
For two people is a nice game. :D

rekinu
21.01.2006, 19:30
I tried it too, and indeed it's nice. I really liked the fighting in the arena...really great :)

MladjanDJ
22.01.2006, 01:42
Somebody played it am soo happy §rofl

thegame_
23.01.2006, 14:39
I also played it! and imho for a 67mb game it's awesome!
:cool:i like those arena fights ;) :p

thegame_
23.01.2006, 16:24
§burn mladjan §burn i'll kill u!!! this is a trial version... just when i was gettin into it... it sais that in the trial version you can only play until level 6!! and it automatically exits game!! §burn §burn

if u know some tricks to play more PM me :p

DeadlyArrow
23.01.2006, 21:53
I downloaded it just now and it's quite nice :)

rockfest
23.01.2006, 22:33
if u know some tricks to play more PM me

One way doing this is to use a hex editor...but of course, you will have to know what to do with it. But the most important thing, this would be ILLEGAL :p

thegame_
24.01.2006, 14:33
What's the difference between chosing, at the begining, your "former" profession? hunter, trader...
you start with diffrent items and skills
1st time i started as a squire and i had a 1h-sword and a x-bow and the 2nd time i started as a hunter and i had an axe and a longbow... and diffrent skills and weapon proeficiencies...

rekinu
24.01.2006, 17:48
I started as a merchant, sword and longbow :cool:

And in the arena, with a sword and a shield I'm mercyfull §burn

MladjanDJ
25.01.2006, 03:33
So you finaly tryed this game good so you like it and yes for 37 MB(not 67 as thegame_ said :p)this is very good game.

§burn mladjan §burn i'll kill u!!! this is a trial version
I said its a trial and that you can play it untill you reach 6 level

if u know some tricks to play more PM me
Actualy I know but as rockkfest said its illegal :p

thegame_
25.01.2006, 14:52
So you finaly tryed this game good so you like it and yes for 37 MB(not 67 as thegame_ said :p)this is very good game.
the game kit has 37mb the installed game has 67 :p

Actualy I know but as rockkfest said its illegal :p
actually i resolved that problem :p

_Wandere_
14.02.2006, 23:27
great news guys!:D M&B 0.730 is out whit amazing new features including castle sieges, firearms, additional troop commands and others, so better go to taleworlds and download it! :D enjoy!:D

_-=Sp!k3=-_
15.02.2006, 06:04
anybody?? :(

thegame_
15.02.2006, 17:15
great news guys!:D M&B 0.730 is out whit amazing new features including castle sieges, firearms, additional troop commands and others, so better go to taleworlds and download it! :D enjoy!:D great news indeed... but i'll wait until i finish this version... ;)

_Wandere_
17.02.2006, 12:18
great news indeed... but i'll wait until i finish this version... ;)
what do you mean by finish?:confused:

thegame_
17.02.2006, 13:25
what do you mean by finish?:confused: i mean finish the game... end it... do everything possible ;)
i dunno what u don't understand :confused:

_Wandere_
17.02.2006, 16:40
i mean finish the game... end it... do everything possible ;)
i dunno what u don't understand :confused:
You can’t actually finish it as the quests are not finished so the game is pretty much endless! :rolleyes:
Good luck finishing it! :D

thegame_
18.02.2006, 00:00
You can’t actually finish it as the quests are not finished so the game is pretty much endless! :rolleyes:
Good luck finishing it! :D i couldn't knew that....so :D ...
i thought you should help the swodians or the vaegirs to exterminate the other..

thx for the tip... but as i said i want to do everything possible before dwn the new version...

i hope that the final version will have an ending cause i don't like it to be pointless

_Wandere_
18.02.2006, 10:28
New version 0.731 is out and fixes some bugs from previos version 0.730 but as is stated on taleworlds page is yet not tested throughly & may still have bugs or stability problems! :D Enjoy! :D

Faby
18.02.2006, 10:44
I might download it..Is it good?I don't wanna use disk space for nothing §gnah

_Wandere_
18.02.2006, 10:55
I might download it..Is it good?I don't wanna use disk space for nothing §gnah
Good? no is not good is f***ing amassing!:D + the full o.731 has 46 MB:D

thegame_
18.02.2006, 17:17
Good? no is not good is f***ing amassing!:D + the full o.731 has 46 MB:D pheww.... i thought i was the only one who thinks it's so damn great :D ... and i don't get it... how such a small game can be better than other 1GB games :rolleyes:

_Wandere_
18.02.2006, 19:21
pheww.... i thought i was the only one who thinks it's so damn great :D ... and i don't get it... how such a small game can be better than other 1GB games :rolleyes:
that's easy there are 2 Turkish guys (husband & wife if i'm not mistaking) doing it & it's a proven fact that small developing teems are better than big ones (Troika, PB & so on) + no publisher which usually means great games or total fallers as they quickly turn bock (not the case here) => a f***ing great game!:D :dup:

I’m sure that the versions starting whit 1 instead of 0 will be bigger, way bigger!:D

.†.MikeL.†.
23.02.2006, 21:32
I found that game with a magazine:D
I can't tell that it impressed me:p
But it is good for only two Creators(I didn't know that):)

Onisuzume
20.10.2006, 21:57
A similiar thread already exists ya know.
And personally, I don't like Mount&Blade anymore.
Not after I got banned on their forums. (all I did was try to hack my way past the "demo" limitation, and failed at it...)

Aligator_Jack
30.10.2006, 21:05
I LOVE MOUNT AND BLADE!Its great!With the horses what can i say....it outclases oblivion and ghotic II in battles.How the heck do i buy it?:confused:

Aligator_Jack
31.10.2006, 21:40
Well no its not hard(im so stupid:( )....Ohh by the way thanks for the mod site!:)

Undertaker
07.11.2006, 15:41
I'd played it, too. It's a really nice game, but it's a piddy that it ends after the 6th level!

Onisuzume
07.11.2006, 18:28
I'd played it, too. It's a really nice game, but it's a piddy that it ends after the 6th level!
That's because you need to pay money for the full version.

Aligator_Jack
09.11.2006, 17:05
Im thinking of buying it but im not so sure because the game is delivered in a strange way.....

WarTom
16.11.2006, 16:59
What do you mean by delivered in a strange way?:confused:
When you "buy" the full version dont you only get a code then?:D
This game was damn cool! The graphics wasnt good, but the gameplay was freadking AMAZING!:) But about the graphics waht do you except from two people. The graphics are good enough!

Onisuzume
20.11.2006, 20:55
Mount and Blade is quite boring. The fighting it's hard espacilly if you're on horseback and you fight with a spear. It's only about fight with the enemy team and with outlaws and do hard and boring quests for your war team.
Then don't fight with a spear. :P
Though personally; I've found that fighting on horseback with a sword to be the most efficient. (though it's cooler with a bow)

Demonium
20.11.2006, 21:57
Actually from the screenshots the grafics are like the ones of Gothic 2...maybe little worse:p
I am downloading it...i hope it worths the disc space of 60MB and few hours of my life...:rolleyes:
Amazed! only 2 people made this game?

Aligator_Jack
20.11.2006, 22:02
I belive theres a new version on Tale Worlds,...........

Demonium
21.11.2006, 14:03
I tryed it...EHM..well...Danuz...maladjan...

I liked very much and i was surprised to see so realistic and beautifull mounted combat. Realy great dudes...BUT i have played only into the arena...
The game is VERY POOR about the grafics part...The fights of Gothic 2 are much better...the only fights i liked are the mounted ones...

And the horse turns its body very difficult when is running, so that you will have to make circles into the arena...realistic...

I was much more impressed by the arena fights in
M&B than in G3:rolleyes:

Crag Hack
31.12.2006, 12:59
great news guys!:D M&B 0.730 is out whit amazing new features including castle sieges, firearms, additional troop commands and others, so better go to taleworlds and download it! :D enjoy!:D

Great, then one can restart the the game (I bought it earlier this year -sometime around spring I think it was-).
/Crag

em93
15.03.2008, 20:45
I love it it has wonderful armors and weapons. About 3 people have made it.

alyn26
16.03.2008, 09:33
One way doing this is to use a hex editor...but of course, you will have to know what to do with it. But the most important thing, this would be ILLEGAL :p

so what? are you gonna call the police and make them arrest us for these things?:rolleyes:

Omid-
16.03.2008, 09:54
AHAHAHA ! My turkisch ex. girlfriend was called Ipek ! I still see her alot :D. Unbelieveble.... i'm going to ask her if she got anything to do with this $ausheck.

btw: Version 0.903 is out.

edit: it's not better than Oblivion.. Oblivion is one hell of a good game now that i entered the Dark Brotherhood.

em93
16.03.2008, 11:59
I know a nice cheat to this game CTRL + X u get 1000 money:D

Black Sphere
30.04.2008, 12:01
This game is a medieval RPG developed by a turkish couple.

This is the first rpg where I've seen mounted combat (quite discussed feature on these forums) to work like it should (thou it's (still) not like perfect). It has more medieval feeling to it than typical RPG. Actually it reminds quite a bit of a classic called Darklands.

Another neat feature is that you can hire a small army and command it. Not only 5-6 guys but more like a platoon sized group. The 3D engine isn't too bad. Not like Oblivion class but definatelly great for a shareware RPG.

Combat can be bit awkward at first but if you are confident with the WASD movement - FPS 'mode', it shouldn't be much of a problem.

One can play the first 6 levels before it stops (or you register/buy it).

Some useful links:

Taleworlds (http://taleworlds.com/)

New 0.950 version is out (http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,35650.0.html)

New features thread (http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,35655.0.html)

Warning! VERY addictive. ;)

From here on you must go without me cuz I'm (still) fully occupied with EVE Online (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTfutSmEOs) :)

Xardokar
30.04.2008, 14:29
The game looks nice ;)

nirolF
30.04.2008, 16:38
It's a great game to fill the moments when you have nothing to do. the story mode is not impressive, but the combat moments are amazing. I only play it for the arena fights since the quests are to boring for me. There are a lot of good mods out there, but the good ones are for older version (lord of the rings, roman empire...)

Altair-AoD
01.05.2008, 11:07
It doesn't work on my computer. §cry §cry Damn i really need a real video card not this 32mb junk. §cry

Omid-
01.05.2008, 11:19
It doesn't work on my computer. §cry §cry Damn i really need a real video card not this 32mb junk. §cry

for around 50 euros you can buy one alot better. So next time, instead of buying a new AWESOME game, buy a video card:).

WarTom
01.05.2008, 17:25
This game is GREAT! Try the Last Days mod:p

Its a LotR mod for M&B. Its definetly the best. All items, horses, armor, weapons, races, towns and everything are custom made! TONS of people worked together on this mod, more so than the original game itself;)

Omid-
01.05.2008, 20:09
This game is GREAT! Try the Last Days mod:p

Its a LotR mod for M&B. Its definetly the best. All items, horses, armor, weapons, races, towns and everything are custom made! TONS of people worked together on this mod, more so than the original game itself;)

I play this AWESOME game alot. But never heard of that mod.. I did hear of a 300 mod wich looked AWESOME and a legion mod with romans and stuff with looked fine... :D. Surely have to try that some time :).

RobinHood 13.
26.11.2008, 13:26
Mount&Blade is an indie game now finished beta-staging, only when they say finished beta-testing they mean it. I think Forsaken gods has mixed beta-testing with alpha-testing.

It's kinda of an rpg. Set to medieval time where you steer a lord. When travelling from place to place you travel on a big overview map, but when battling it's real time battling, where you can use different kinda weapons, and fight either mounted or unmounted.
Mounted you can have a lance, and when reaching high enough speed he will lower it, and deal devastating dmg to whoever he runs into, like in reality (will have to wait some time before each such attack can be made).
What makes this game unique is you can still hire sodliers, and achieve after a while a powerful army of several hundred men which fight all as rpg players. (up to 1000 men on battlefield at once only you would probably need a high end computer to handle this, and 200 is more than enough to get the feeling you're on a battlefield).
I like the big numbers of troops at the same time as you are put right in the middle of it. Fighting system is also very well made done, especially mounted, and a well made hit usually brings any guy down, so chance is also important).

You can download the hole game free from their homepage (about 400mb), but there's a restricton. You can only reach lvl 5, so if you want to play it full you will have to buy the game, if you don't wanna restart the game very often. Then you will get a serial key which you enter and you can fully enjoy the game.

Mount&Blade also has a very active community, and especially many modders. That's due to the extremely easy modding as you can easily make your own personalised mods. Very much can be changed, in the txt. files they have, so I've made several modifications although I've never modded before (they have a thread where you can ask how to change different things and usually they respond quickly aswell as they already have good instructions how to change some of the most common things people ask for).

Download it from here, their homepage, very easily done.
http://www.taleworlds.com/

Kostaz
26.11.2008, 14:53
Gothic 3 FG TESTING???§xlol§xlol§xlol§xlol

Nice game by the way it is the game that made mounted fight enjoyable,unlike Oblivion Two Worlds etc.

Bastardo
26.11.2008, 14:58
There's no mounted fighting in Oblivion.

Kostaz
26.11.2008, 17:24
There's no mounted fighting in Oblivion.

Thats my point:D

RobinHood 13.
26.11.2008, 19:53
Thats my point:D

I know, you can mount and ride, but can you fight on horse, nooo. The mount is also quite unecesarry as you can fast travel, so only worthwile if you're going to a new place.

Two worlds, tried it for a few hours, and it was horrible. The horse suddenly stopped cause of some ground imbalance, making it always stop when going slightly uphill.

I really like to use my lance dealing couch dmg. Enemy Ai's arent as good at this, so not as often it happens to you, although I had about 10 enemies against me (alone + 2-3 low lvled heroes). When only 2 remained I still had all my health, and then I face one of em, both high speed headed straight for each other. My plan is to swing my sword, dealing a lethal blow when suddenly I realise, I've been knocked of my horse and all HP to zero.
(He had a lance/spear and ran it right into me on his mount). Bit dissapointed I must say.

To those who want to play it, I recommend using Native Improved Mod.
http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/visit.php?cid=1&lid=899 Read redme to see what it does. Keeps the game the same, only tries to improve it.

Battle scene
http://www.taleworlds.com/Images/Screen_shots/004.jpg

rekinu
26.11.2008, 20:18
Thread merged with already existing one.

I played this game when it was at the begining, and also played it now when it's almost finished. It IS addictive and fun to play. It also has beautifull landscapes and atmosphere!

Magpie
26.11.2008, 21:18
Hei, I actually have played M & B, and a lot, when it was version 0.805 or something like that. It was fun, but I got tired. There was no plot, you see. Dont know how it is today? Fighting with twohanded sword was my favorite. As a game, it is too simple. But if you think it as a fighting simulator, it is great fun.

rekinu
26.11.2008, 22:04
It used to become boring before. But now they introduced quests and more kingdoms. The quests are repetitive and quite dull but they can offer some sense to the game.

Also there is a main quest. You can help one of 4 characters to regain the throne of his kingdom. Also there is the option to make your own kingdom by conquering towns and forts.

Also you can fight in tournaments, it is fun and challenging.

Stalagmite
26.11.2008, 23:21
"Tis a good concept, it's addictive, yet it feels....unfinished.
I would need to wait for a more complete version to replay it.

RobinHood 13.
26.11.2008, 23:59
Maybe they will make an addon, expanding on the gameplay, especially story.
Hopefully now that it's announced a finished product, maybe old mods will be made compitable with the new ones. There's supposedly some very big mods.
Personally, I use the native improved mod (which makes people wear armor better suited for what they are, and factions are easy to recognize judging by clothes. Lords are also boosted) + some personal tweaks I like.

personal tweaks, some of em:
bigger bets in tournament (up to 300). Much more ransom money for lords.
prisoner pay dependent on lvl. Looters give 96 gold, while lancers gives over 300. 3 times faster build time, and more wealth increase from cattle/grain quests in villages. Higher troop wages. A lancer now costs over 100 gold a week.

Fun to see pictures from the first versions. It has come quite a while since then, and graphics are alot better.

WarTom
27.11.2008, 00:08
This game rocks. I played it from extremely early test versions and until now. It has become completely rad! :p The only thing I miss that the earlier versions had is that prisoners you saved but did not take into your party would form their own party and ride around in the wilderness.

rekinu
27.11.2008, 00:13
personal tweaks, some of em:
bigger bets in tournament (up to 300). Much more ransom money for lords.
prisoner pay dependent on lvl. Looters give 96 gold, while lancers gives over 300. 3 times faster build time, and more wealth increase from cattle/grain quests in villages. Higher troop wages. A lancer now costs over 100 gold a week.

Interesting tweaks. I think I'll try that mod.
I especially like the bigger bets in tournament and the more ransom depending on lvl.

so what? are you gonna call the police and make them arrest us for these things?:rolleyes:
I wonder how come I didn't saw this post before... §kratz
You should know that rockfest was a moderator at that time, and that is why he said it's illegal ;)

RobinHood 13.
27.11.2008, 16:31
Interesting tweaks. I think I'll try that mod.
I especially like the bigger bets in tournament and the more ransom depending on lvl.

Think you misunderstood me.
Native improved mod doesn't add those tweaks, it mostly does game balancing (equipment stats), and gives the different people more correct equipment so it look more realistic. Khergit lancers now use the heavy lammellar armor, and khergit veteran horse archer use the lamellar armor.
One of the things I liked most though is that horse archers now use slow horses. Maybe not realistic, but the most annoying thing there is, is to spend 5 mins chasing a lone horse archer.

Those tweaks I said, I made myself, but I guess I can make my own mod on thsoe pages with my own personal tweaks in the Native improved mod.
I will add both, so all you need is have version 1.011 of mount&blade and download my mod.

I have completed it and also asked for permission to upload mods here:http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/, so as soon as I'm allowed I will upload it along with a good explanation.
I will add alot more content later when I have time, this I used about 2 hours to make.

nejc
27.11.2008, 20:11
I know this game ,it's awesome! And to think of it, that only 2 people made it, how come a whole bunch of them managed to screw Gothic 3!!! §burn
I know, stupid Jowood!§burn

WarTom
27.11.2008, 23:36
I know this game ,it's awesome! And to think of it, that only 2 people made it, how come a whole bunch of them managed to screw Gothic 3!!! §burn
I know, stupid Jowood!§burn

You know, you are actually making an excelent point there.

However, Mount & Blade is programmed quite simple, even though it is completely awesome nevertheless.

RobinHood 13.
28.11.2008, 22:11
Well, I call my mod v0.1. It's not buggy as changes are really simple. It's called that because I intend to add alot more. The game is still a big improvement from original game with the already included native improved mod. That must have been alot of work.
Here's the link:
http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=968
It's only 400 kb, and instructions to innstall should be good, just extract and read innstall instructions in readme.

ZerberusII
23.12.2008, 12:49
i want to play m´n´b but i dont have an credit card( i cant buy it in a store because we living in village:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:)

i could give for an serial key keys from that games:
nfs:Most Wanted
GTA:San Andreas
Medieval Total War
Medieval Total War Viking Invasion
Black and White 2

i´ll do 1 for 1
contact me
because i want to play one of the best games, Mount and Blade!!!!!

RobinHood 13.
23.12.2008, 14:48
You can still download it from their homepage, and play over and over again (up to lvl 4 or something). It's the demo limit.

ZerberusII
24.12.2008, 14:43
but i want to have big matches and in the demo always battles with no more than 50 soldiers, because after that i over lvl 6 (demo limit!)

DrakeNero
26.12.2008, 18:14
I used to play this game 1 year ago for about 7 or 8 months man I couldn't get enough with it.For such a small game it's very entertaining not to talking about AI since it's way better then other huge games ;)

Sakabato
11.07.2009, 21:00
hey...I think some people from this forum play this game. Well, anyway, I taugh in giving it a try, so I downloaded the demo(really small thing actually, just around 40mb),
but the demo didn't worked? I mean, I find it strange, 'cause I think my pc has the requirements for that game(more actualy), and when I start the game, it just doesn't work!:dnuhr:
I have windows vista, so...maybe that's the problem?:o

Please help me, I really wanted to try out this game;)

Bastardo
11.07.2009, 21:59
"Doesn't work" can mean lots of things.

Shadow
11.07.2009, 22:04
(more actualy).

some times this can be the problem.

On the other hand,i think this is the problem:

I have windows vista.

Sakabato
11.07.2009, 22:12
some times this can be the problem.

On the other hand,i think this is the problem:

hmm...the demo I downloaded is from an older version of the game, in the newer version I think they fixed the vista problem, the newer version is around 400 mb.

KGS
12.07.2009, 07:39
I cannot help you start the game but i can give yuo a general advice :
1.don't play mount and blade.
2.play a mod for mount and blade

Sakabato
14.07.2009, 14:19
well..haa...Isn't there anyone here who likes this game? or someone who can make some positive\negative critics about it??
this thread is not just for "help", you can say what you want about the game, etc...

so...what do you guys think about it in a general view?;)

I think the idea of creating a realistic medieval themed RPG with elements of strategy is a very nice idea...But I still have to try it first, so...:o

KGS
14.07.2009, 16:39
Yea it's relistic but the problem is that it has no story...
this means : the game never ends => it gets boring
but you can get all kinds of mods from here (http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ursnjlcith0benk3sccg08gg90&board=2.0) (LotR, Japaneese medival, fantasy mods, ...)

Sakabato
14.07.2009, 18:00
Yea it's relistic but the problem is that it has no story...
this means : the game never ends => it gets boring
but you can get all kinds of mods from here (http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ursnjlcith0benk3sccg08gg90&board=2.0) (LotR, Japaneese medival, fantasy mods, ...)

who cares if it has no story!:D
just make your own story;)
Seriously, this looks like an amazing game, and what you said about the mods, makes me wanna play it even more!;)

Stalagmite
15.07.2009, 21:49
This game has muscle but no soul.

Darth Crow
16.07.2009, 09:11
M&B is a great game! I have played it since version .751 or so. That's a while. It is true that the game itself has no story, but there are many mods that add some. And, of course, it's an action oriented game, and the combat system there is just fantastic.
Overall, M&B is one of my favorite games of all time, though I have to be in the right mood to play it. As I said, the combat is great, and, with the mods, almost everything else is great :D. Seriously, the game is worth every $ you put in it.
The only bad thing is it gets boring around 150 days in-game and makes you want to start new one and try something other :D. But that, of course, could only be my problem...

BlasphemousInfidel
19.07.2009, 08:06
The basic game itself is quite poor, but as many people pointed out it's the modifications that make the gamae worthwhile. I'm still waiting for an updated version of the last days mod, imo the best mod for the game.

Atticus22Murmillo
12.08.2009, 02:31
The basic game itself is quite poor, but as many people pointed out it's the modifications that make the gamae worthwhile. I'm still waiting for an updated version of the last days mod, imo the best mod for the game.

I wouldn't say it's quite poor ;-)
But you're right with the modifications..I'm playing M&B for about a year and the game never gets boring cause I always test new mods and when the mod bores me a new mod is released and I play this one :D
Btw you can change a lot of things in the game with the troop editor & the item editor ;-) (even if you don't know much about modding/programming:))

fragonard
12.08.2009, 02:47
Well, since you've already necro'd this thread, I'll throw in my two cents: Not only is this game not poor, it's near great. Yes, there is no natural end and for that reason it does eventually become boring for a given character. However the strength of the game is its replay value; there are dozens of different games to be played depending on your starting choice and the way you develop your character. I've been playing it for three years and still find news ways to approach it.
Mods? Even better. I have three active games right now: two native and one modded (1257AD mod) I'll be playing until the improved version (Warband) is released.

Atticus22Murmillo
12.08.2009, 04:25
I totally agree;)
You can create very different characters: horse archers, foot knights, heavy knights with lances on horses,.....And besides that you can recruit a lot of different troops to your party, you can try different tactics with your troops, fight in the arena, rob goods from caravans etc. You can't list all those awesome possibilities & freedoms of the game.
I usually play an improved native and two modded (Britain at War & The Eagle and the Wolves).
You guys should really try this game. It pays off;):D

Nefekto
12.08.2009, 09:27
well..haa...Isn't there anyone here who likes this game? or someone who can make some positive\negative critics about it??
this thread is not just for "help", you can say what you want about the game, etc...

so...what do you guys think about it in a general view?;)

I think the idea of creating a realistic medieval themed RPG with elements of strategy is a very nice idea...But I still have to try it first, so...:o

I like the game, but of course it repeats itself, quests, characters have the same dialog and so on.

But sometimes when I'm bored, I like playing it.