PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : G2 Error: DDERR_UNSUPPORTED

Faby
30.12.2005, 17:53
I recently reinstalled G2,because I wanted to install NOTR.When I started G2,I was back on the desktop,with the error ''X: XD3D_InitPerDX:Can't create D3DX context !Error: DDER_UNSUPORTED''.I really want to play G2,can anyone help me?

rockfest
30.12.2005, 18:12
I recently reinstalled G2,because I wanted to install NOTR.When I started G2,I was back on the desktop,with the error ''X: XD3D_InitPerDX:Can't create D3DX context !Error: DDER_UNSUPORTED''.I really want to play G2,can anyone help me?
There already is a thread full of answers for this one. Search in this forum for : DDER_UNSUPORTED

Sowilo
30.12.2005, 18:21
I get no results with this word.

Here the thread: click (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=89286&highlight=unsupported)

Faby
30.12.2005, 18:37
OK,the problem is that I never had this error,and I have Ati9200,I have the most recent drivers,DirectX9.oC.And it seems that i have this prob at G1 too.I'm totally confused and desperate too!I saw so many stuff on that thread that only confused me further! §cry §cry §cry

EDIT:Now I can't even uninstall G2!It gives me ''Couldn't open INSTALL.LOG''

Has all hell broken loose?

WernerTWC
30.12.2005, 19:00
XD3D_InitPerDX: Can't create D3DX context! Error. DDERR_UNSUPPORTET

Here is what you can try in order to solve that problem:

1)
Said by NicoDE on the german WoG:

Sometimes the driver for the graphiccard cannot switch to fullscreen on some resolutions.
(Interaction of driver, card, directX, windows - reason unknown).
One possible solution: choose an other resolution ´manualy´ in the System/Gothic.ini:
zVidResFullscreenX=1024
zVidResFullscreenY=768
zVidResFullscreenBPP=32

Change this to the resolution of your desktop.

2)
And/or try an other resolution of the desktop (32-Bit recommended).

3)

- deactivate: Enable table fog emulation (graphic options direct 3d properties)

Allways do a restart after you un-/install something of the following:

4)

Deinstall the driver for the graphiccard, and install an other
version of the driver.

Do not again-install simply the driver, use best that "Driver Cleaner" (in order to remove the driver completely), see the link for detaills:

Driver Cleaner Professional Edition (http://www.drivercleaner.net/)

Install after deinstallation the Catalyst 3.9.

Catalyst 3.9 download (Link) (http://www.hardwaretreiber.de/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=137) (The download doesn´t work, it seems ATI don´t host it anylonger, you have to use the old drivers from your cd-rom which was delivered with your graphic-card.)

5)
Deinstall Direct X:

Download: DirectX Eradicator (deinstaller for DirectX) (http://www.3dcenter.de/downloads/directx-eradicator.php)

And then:

- install Direct X 8.1 (shoulkd be on ur Gothic Disk)

Direct X 8.1 (http://www.3dcenter.de/downloads/#directx)

Faby
30.12.2005, 19:12
- deactivate: Enable table fog emulation (graphic options direct 3d properties)

And how do I do that?

WernerTWC
30.12.2005, 19:17
And how do I do that?

2) suche in Grafikkartenoptionen (unter Direct3D Einstellungen) nach "Enable table fog emulation" , und aktiviere die Option dort.
Search the options of the graphic-card (in the Direct3D options) for "Enable table fog emulation", and activate this option.

Edit:

EDIT:Now I can't even uninstall G2!It gives me ''Couldn't open INSTALL.LOG''

Has all hell broken loose?
You should install it new in the same folder as before, so this should give you a new install.log, maybe then the uninstall should work. But also delete the Gothic folder manual, when you uninstall the game.

Faby
31.12.2005, 08:17
I searched in the Direct3D options,but there is no ''Enable table fog emulation''

EDIT:I can't download Catalyst 3.9.

I think I know why Gothic 1 and 2 doesn't work.I recently got Catalyst 5.11,but I had an older one,that worked(I could play Gothic).Probably I should install the old one...

EDIT2:...If I'd remember what version it was .§gnah
Plus.if I clean ATI Driver with the cleaner program,it's still there!And I tried to install Catalyst 5.13,it gives me an error after i install it.But there's more:Each time I start and Turn of the computer,it gives me an error about ''cli.exe'' and 'dll''

WernerTWC
31.12.2005, 10:23
EDIT:I can't download Catalyst 3.9.
Yeah, sorry, i´ve didn´t test the download, ... really great ATI-site §burn :mad: !
Do you have a driver-cd for your grafic-card? Check there, which driver there is and try it.

Faby
31.12.2005, 10:33
I installed ATI driver from a CD,Gothic works,but when I play other games everithing looks transparent,like when I play Fable (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Fabyanutz/f4b8bb4e.jpg)
I tried to install 5.11 back,but it didn't work.So it's about choosing.Playing super games,but Gothic doesn't work,or play Gothic and miss other games

WernerTWC
31.12.2005, 10:40
For this problem, you can make a new partition, and install a "Gothic-Only-Windows" (With the old driver).
And you main-windows for the newer games.

BTW.: i can´t see the fable-pic.

Faby
31.12.2005, 10:45
Try this: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Fabyanutz/GCS0029.jpg

BTW:How to make a new partition?

WernerTWC
31.12.2005, 12:54
BTW:How to make a new partition?
Well, now i have my own probs with this,... *sitting at the 2nd PC*...
But for you, i think it should work if you do only an other user-account in windows. And install the old driver there,... try this first.
BTW.: which HDD you have?

Faby
31.12.2005, 13:11
BTW.: which HDD you have?

If you are talking about how many GB's I have on my HDD, I have 80

Edit:If it isn't about that,well,I'm a n00b,so try explaining it a bit slower.I guess I can't get out of this without being humiliated.

WernerTWC
31.12.2005, 13:26
If you are talking about how many GB's I have on my HDD, I have 80

Edit:If it isn't about that,well,I'm a n00b,so try explaining it a bit slower.I guess I can't get out of this without being humiliated.
I mean the manufactorer of the HDD, i.e. Maxtor, then you can use the software of them "Maxblast" to easily make new partitions.

But first try the new user-account! Or is your question now, how to make a new user-account???

Faby
31.12.2005, 14:09
But first try the new user-account! Or is your question now, how to make a new user-account???

I actually ain't that much if a n00b :p

Faby
31.12.2005, 15:24
I made a new account,and I tried to install the old version(the one from the CD),it didn't work.I uninstalled the other version(on the new account).Surprise.The actions that I have done on the new account are present on the old(current) account.

WernerTWC
31.12.2005, 15:50
I made a new account,and I tried to install the old version(the one from the CD),it didn't work.I uninstalled the other version(on the new account).Surprise.The actions that I have done on the new account are present on the old(current) account.
Well, then i think a new partition is the best, with another windows on it.
Ähm,... now, what was the manufactor?
I will try to explain it then (please be patient, i dunno if i can handle this this evening, because i´ll try it first on my own).

BTW.: please avoid double posts! :)

Faby
31.12.2005, 17:18
Well, then i think a new partition is the best, with another windows on it.
Ähm,... now, what was the manufactor?
I will try to explain it then (please be patient, i dunno if i can handle this this evening, because i´ll try it first on my own).

I checked in the HDD's Properties and it says ''Manufacturer:[Standard Disk Drives]''
If this is not it,then tell me where to look.Btw,they are NTFS

WernerTWC
31.12.2005, 19:01
I checked in the HDD's Properties and it says ''Manufacturer:[Standard Disk Drives]''
If this is not it,then tell me where to look.Btw,they are NTFS
Hard to explain, because my windows is in german, if words not matches to english windows, sorry.
Rightclick on "Workplace", choose "proberties", click on "hardware", then on "device-manager".
There, double click on "devices" and you should see them by name.

Faby
31.12.2005, 19:47
After what you said,I got only that rightclicking on a HDD and properties..Hmm it says smth about ''WDC WD800JB-00ETA0''

WernerTWC
01.01.2006, 14:48
After what you said,I got only that rightclicking on a HDD and properties..Hmm it says smth about ''WDC WD800JB-00ETA0''
You can make easily new partitions with the Data Lifeguard Tools 11 for Windows (http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?cxml=n&pid=3&swid=1) from western digital, it´s a selfexplaining tool for your harddisk.

Petyamester
01.01.2006, 19:35
Aaaargh, now i had Assertion Failed bug while loading.

(Or you can make partitions with Partition Magic)

WernerTWC
01.01.2006, 19:57
Aaaargh, now i had Assertion Failed bug while loading.

Which game version do you have? Maybe a patch could work!
And which directX do you have? It should be directX9.0c (http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/software/betriebssysteme/directx/).
Also try this:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=1597817&#post1597817

Faby
01.01.2006, 20:05
You can make easily new partitions with the Data Lifeguard Tools 11 for Windows (http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?cxml=n&pid=3&swid=1) from western digital, it´s a selfexplaining tool for your harddisk.
1.Why must I do a new partiton?
2.When I select ''Setup you HDD'' or ''View Instalation Tutorial'' nothing helps me.The ''Setup HDD'' tells me that the only drive is Windows drive,and Data Lifeguard doesn' t allow to setup Windows drive,and says that I should get Data Lifeguard for DOS.

WernerTWC
01.01.2006, 20:31
1.Why must I do a new partiton?

So it's about choosing.Playing super games,but Gothic doesn't work,or play Gothic and miss other games

For this problem, you can make a new partition, and install a "Gothic-Only-Windows" (With the old driver).
And you main-windows for the newer games.

2.When I select ''Setup you HDD'' or ''View Instalation Tutorial'' nothing helps me.The ''Setup HDD'' tells me that the only drive is Windows drive,and Data Lifeguard doesn' t allow to setup Windows drive,and says that I should get Data Lifeguard for DOS.
I recommend you to give it up. Just play gothic with the old driver.
If not, the dos version (http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?cxml=n&pid=3&swid=23).
And i don´t wanna test this, because my HDD are full, i cannot just format all.
Think of that you maybe have to format your whole HDD (everything!). And you must have a second Windows, not install just the same!
Then you can format your HDD, make 2 partitions and install the windows´s.

Petyamester
01.01.2006, 22:25
Which game version do you have? Maybe a patch could work!
And which directX do you have? It should be directX9.0c (http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/software/betriebssysteme/directx/).
Also try this:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=1597817&#post1597817
Version 2.6 - English Translation mod
DirectX 9.0c
And about the link: I'm afraid of doing that, maybe my pc go crazy... What is it doing anyway?
And i have learned that some programs that are running under G2 are having a bad effect to the game, some are getting the game run staggerating or very slow, and some are must be shutted down to run the game.

WernerTWC
01.01.2006, 22:41
And about the link: I'm afraid of doing that, maybe my pc go crazy... What is it doing anyway?
This is in the case when you install SP2 and have problems then (not only with gothic, also other progs would make probs then)

And i have learned that some programs that are running under G2 are having a bad effect to the game, some are getting the game run staggerating or very slow, and some are must be shutted down to run the game.
Yeah, try this, shut all down what is not necessary for playing!

Petyamester
01.01.2006, 22:55
Yes, I'm doing that, but some file sharing programs are making the game worse too, so they cannot dl in the background.
Well...
Playing with Gothic has it's price! :D

Faby
02.01.2006, 10:30
Do you think that the lack of virtual memory can be the cause of my problem?Because recently I got this message ''Windows-Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low.Your system is low an virtual memory .Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file.During this process, memory reqests for some applications may be denied ."

WernerTWC
02.01.2006, 11:01
Do you think that the lack of virtual memory can be the cause of my problem?Because recently I got this message ''Windows-Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low.Your system is low an virtual memory .Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file.During this process, memory reqests for some applications may be denied ."
hrgl,....

Ok, that could it be! :p

Rightclick on "work place" (is this the right word for it???), choose "properties", click on "enhanced (enhanced-properties???), click on "properties" of the system-performance, a new window pops up.
There click on enhanced (enhanced-properties???), click on "change" in the virtual memory field.
Now, if you have more HDD´s than one, then you have to choose one by click on it.
There choose "user-defined" and type in on min- and max-value "1024".
Click on "determine" (or confirm or whatever it´s called).
On all other HDD´s shut the vitual memory down, just choose the HDD and click on "no virtual memory" and confirm it.
If you have only one HDD, then set it to min- and max-value "1024".

After that, click on OK in the open windows to close them.

rockfest
02.01.2006, 11:10
"work place" (is this the right word for it???),

My computer :D this is famous. how didn't you ever heard of it? There are stores called after this in my city.

Airton of Hlaalu
11.01.2006, 19:44
what about this one? support me well! =]

X:XD3D_InitPerDX:Can't create D3DX context! Error: D3DXERR_CAPSNOTSUPPORTED

edited: OHH.... i wrote 1204 not 1024, misarable...

ahh... it doesn't work... i wrote my resulotion but still same error shows up! :(

rockfest
11.01.2006, 19:53
You've tried this (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=1646462&#post1646462) no?

Airton of Hlaalu
11.01.2006, 20:31
well what do you know! i just slashed and kicked my old friend - pc - then rebooted/restarted it and WHOLA - everything works fine... thx rockfest and WernerTWC's advices!
can't wait to get in paladins order! :D

coolAlias
14.03.2012, 10:15
Running the steam Gold version of Gothic 2 - it was playing just fine until today when I installed the latest updates from Windows, after which I keep getting the DERR_UNSUPPORTED error message when starting the game.

These are the Windows updates:
Security Update KB2641653
Security Update KB2667402
Security Update KB2665364
Update KB2639308
Security Update KB2621440
Update Rollup for ActiveX Killbits for Windows KB2647518

I tried uninstalling them and restarting my computer, to no avail.

For reference, I'm running Windows 7, ATI 5870 Mobility graphics, Catalyst 11.5, Direct3D version 7.14.10.0833.

As I mentioned, Gothic was running just fine before this. I tried deleting the .ini file and re-running the VDFS32G program that runs at first time setup for Gothic 2.

I will try re-installing Gothic 2 now.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

coolAlias
15.03.2012, 12:01
Deleted local content and reinstalled via Steam. No dice. :(

Is my only option now reinstalling Windows and avoiding those updates? It worked perfectly for 60 hours before that... I had a bad feeling about those Windows updates this time, too. >.<

Bastardo
15.03.2012, 12:28
That's a DirectDraw error. Have you tried the solutions detailed in post #5 in this thread? The first one usually works.

Open {game folder}/system/gothic.ini with Notepad and search for "[video]";

Under video find:

zVidResFullscreenX=1024
zVidResFullscreenY=768

Change these values to your desktop resolution.
If that doesn't work or the game resolution is already the same, set a different resolution on your desktop and try again.

You could also try changing this value found below the resolution:

zVidResFullscreenBPP=32

To either 32 or 16 (this is the colour depth).

coolAlias
17.03.2012, 02:45
That's a DirectDraw error. Have you tried the solutions detailed in post #5 in this thread? The first one usually works.

Open {game folder}/system/gothic.ini with Notepad and search for "[video]";

Under video find:

zVidResFullscreenX=1024
zVidResFullscreenY=768

Change these values to your desktop resolution.
If that doesn't work or the game resolution is already the same, set a different resolution on your desktop and try again.

You could also try changing this value found below the resolution:

zVidResFullscreenBPP=32

To either 32 or 16 (this is the colour depth).

Well I'll be damned, changing the screen resolution to my native desktop resolution worked like a charm.

I had already changed it before to 1400x768 (not my native resolution, I think I used Gothic's in game video setting) and it was working fine until that one day, so when I figured I had already done that step of the post you mentioned. D'oh.

Anyways, thanks so much One Stoned Bastard!