PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : how do I get into the Castle in the valley of mines in Gothic II, chapter 2

AlainBrogan
09.12.2005, 19:22
how do I get into the Castle in the valley of mines in Gothic II, chapter 2

I don't mean how do I get past the orcs, I can run past them and the wolves. How do I physcially get into the castle? There's only one double gate that I can see and it's closed. Through it, I see milita/paladins. Is this where I need to go to get proof as Lord Hagen asked. I forgot the commander's name that he told me to talk to, is it Garond?

Thanks,

-Alan

rockfest
09.12.2005, 19:26
how do I get into the Castle in the valley of mines in Gothic II, chapter 2

I don't mean how do I get past the orcs, I can run past them and the wolves. How do I physcially get into the castle? There's only one double gate that I can see and it's closed. Through it, I see milita/paladins. Is this where I need to go to get proof as Lord Hagen asked. I forgot the commander's name that he told me to talk to, is it Garond?

Thanks,

-Alan
Hy and welcome to WoG ES . §welcome
you were right. The comamander's name is Garond and he is with the rest of the pals in the castle. If you look closely at the walls of the castle you will see a ram wich is lifted up so you can climb upon it and enter the castle. It's somehwere near the south entrance from the Gothic 1.

Edit : I forgot to say to write something in the Welcome (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=84056&goto=lastpost) thread. But before this you should read the rules wich are HERE (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/announcement.php?f=208&announcementid=55) and to make use of the http://forum.worldofplayers.de/layouts/wog-en/edit.gif button to avoid double-posts. Other of that : HAVE FUN

WernerTWC
09.12.2005, 19:29
Hi and §welcome to the forum!

An additional info:

The pic of the ramp! (http://mondgesaenge.de/G2DB/index.htm?data=data_orte.js&id=o_88)

_DieGo_
09.12.2005, 19:52
is near the old south gate(if you played g1)... Jorgen explains very well IMO, from Jorgen jump into the river and swim left till you see a ram like werner gived you the pic then make your way through the orcs and climb the ram, then... :D

RoAdam
09.12.2005, 22:05
There is really a lot of players who just run trough the game. Maybe they dont have enough time, maybe they lack interest, but usually they get stuck becouse they didnt use their observation enough.

kamykaze
18.01.2006, 18:57
but take care , there are a lot's of orc ... and shaman orc ... and they are very good ... :D
you must have a lot of healing plants to survive ...

ss07ax
18.01.2006, 19:03
Or speed potions (they are very useful in the Vally of Mines).

kamykaze
19.01.2006, 06:48
yeah ... you will race with the orcs in the valley
but the strong man survives ...

but if you use the sleep scroll on them ?! anyway ... u 'll have to carry a lot's of scrolls :D

SkySaint
19.01.2006, 08:21
Or instead of speed potions you can use one of your transformation spell scrolls run past the orcs and SHAMAN go to the ram but not too close becouse the palladin with crossbow will shoot you,press enter transform back to human and voila you'r there:D

Roock
26.01.2006, 15:27
Here is a way
http://www.worldofgothic.com/images/g2karten/way-to-the-castle.jpg

You get into the castle by climbing the orc ram

Rashnu
26.01.2006, 17:55
Pah - using speed potions, transformation scrolls or anything that gives the hero unusual powers to cross the valley of mines and secure his way into the old castle is like turning this challenge into a play for a bunch of nancies. :rolleyes:

What happened to using cunning and disguise? ;) Take the very helpful route suggested by Rook and his map and fight your way through to the ram. If you do it intelligently, you're only facing some wolfs. They shouldn't pose a problem anymore in chapter two.

Be a man! Face the challenge like a true hero would. §knin

Pericle
26.01.2006, 18:45
Pah - using speed potions, transformation scrolls or anything that gives the hero unusual powers to cross the valley of mines and secure his way into the old castle is like turning this challenge into a play for a bunch of nancies. :rolleyes:

What happened to using cunning and disguise? ;) Take the very helpful route suggested by Rook and his map and fight your way through to the ram. If you do it intelligently, you're only facing some wolfs. They shouldn't pose a problem anymore in chapter two.

Hehehe i agree, and BTW from what i can recall i know that by talking to that guy Jergan he will tell you where to go to enter the castle, and to AlainBrogan, try listening to the dialogues they are very useful! Skiping dialogues is very bad!

OveR-
26.01.2006, 18:45
how hard can it be? just take one speed potion and run from jurgen directly to the ram, guaranteed that you wont die if you just run and dont stop on the way, doesnt matter how many orcs you run past, and how close you are :)

Roock
26.01.2006, 18:56

Tenks Rashun :), yes fighting through the woods with wolfs and bloodflies gives you a big bost in exp. points (more exp = more LP) this is what makes the game great, 100ts of ways to the castle easy and hard this one of the easyest and if you are lucky you wont encounter a orc on the way (maby in the final dash through the clearing) :D

Auggie
26.01.2006, 19:09
The first time I played Gothic 2 (before the NOTR expansion) I went the path of Militia/Paladin and when I got the valley of the mines I instead killed all the orcs before even getting to the castle. Was just too much XP and opportunity to pass up.

That would probably be harder to do with the NOTR expansion installed though.

Otherwise, all suggestions work. The NPC on the path to the valley suggests you use a transformation scroll. The speed potion is handy to just run, but you could even just run at normal speed... at worst you'll take a hit or two from one or two orcs right by the ramp (and once you step up on the ramp past the first band of ropes you become invisible to the orcs, much like if you dove into deep water)

Roock
26.01.2006, 19:20
and once you step up on the ramp past the first band of ropes you become invisible to the orcs, much like if you dove into deep water)

Yeh you can lure the orcs to the ram, and then kill them off, thus gething many exp. thats a great trick and a weary efectiv one if you lack exp.