PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : CTD and FPS slowdown during gameplay

shozum
21.10.2010, 19:53
First off, LOVING the game so far. The story is wonderful, the graphics are superb, and the animations are a joy to watch. Only two things have made me scratch my head.
I downloaded and purchased the game via Steam last night and after an hour of play, the game crashed to desktop on me mysteriously during a battle. I run it at full 1920X1080 since I have a 47" monitor and I also use Win7 64 bit. I have an AMD Phenom II 965 black edition, 4GB of Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3 RAM, and run 2 EVGA Nvidia 9500 GT 1GB cards in SLI mode, all of which have the latest non beta drivers installed as of the 17th of October. When I was in the battle of Riverwind, shortly after crossing the bridge and acquiring the goblin rogue Murok, the game suddenly crashed to desktop with windows claiming the program had stopped working and offering to search the internet for a solution.
I reloaded the game from the autosave point (thank you devs for autosaves!!!!) and ran through the rest of the battle flawlessly until I got to the waterfall area at the bottom where you save Candy. The game began to stutter and my FPS came to a crawl whenever I tried to render the waterfall on screen. Thankfully I just rotated the camera and I was able to avoid any further issues and I completed the rescuing of the damsel in distress and have since then played 5 more hours with no errors. I have just reached the first battle versus the Church of Evil's forces in the woods but unfortunately I had to go to sleep or else I would have never made it to work today.
These are the only issues I have had but I thought I would let you know of them. Wonderful game and I thank you for it. If anything else pops up I'll let you know!

DeadPoet
22.10.2010, 13:59
Thx for the comments. The waterfall has a big "recraction" effect. Maybe this effect has a problem with some graphic cards. Normally its smooth enough on mid pcs.
Refraction effects are used for flames, waterfalls, water and some battle effects. But the biggest was at this waterfall. alternately: You can deactivate the refractions in the config tool.

If you get a crash with a "strack trace" click on send, that would be helpfull.:gratz

shozum
22.10.2010, 22:51
I just beat the battle of Westwind and my goblin rogue did not move or get a chance to act the entire battle. He just stood there the entire time. He gained an effect from Drake's Glory speech, he fell asleep from Holy's speech, and Angelica could heal him but at no point during any of the combat did his turn come up. When not in combat he would follow us around and explore, he would exchange text chat with his brother, but once combat started he would just stand there.
Maybe he was looking real hard for that dress ;)

I also had 2 more CTD, one at the start of the battle to Westwind and one in the Cave of Crystals battle (or Crystal Cave :D). I'll make sure to send you a report when these things happen in the future but the way it crashes makes it hard to navigate through the options of the error window since it kills my mouse movement.

The description text is missing for the Fairy at the end of Cave of Crystals under enemy type. It's just says something along the lines of <Text goes here>

Still having a blast and I just got Solithaire!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see her in action.