PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Wishes, improvements for Grotesque 2

DeadPoet
21.10.2010, 17:34
Currently we are working on the next grotesque game.
Grotesque 2 grows bigger, better, stronger. ;)
The graphic arts will change, we are creating a more realistic look.

We can’t give you much information yet, but one thing is for sure: this
RPG will be darker and a lot of time you will be in dungeons.

So you want to share with us any ideas, improvements which you want to see in Grotesque 2, let us know.
Maybe some of these strokes of genius will appear in the game.

Profane69
21.10.2010, 21:52
Idle chat/banter between characters while exploring, more dialogues with characters in town. Enjoyed making the goblin share his loot, different chars would of course have different themes. Also would be interesting if chars would make some comments when attacked by friendlies.

Maybe give the healer the ability to revive dead characters but make specific chars very antagonistic with other chars making friendly fire an even bigger issue. Maybe even put in bonuses if one of the chars kills a char he hates.

As in Evil Heroes that aren't just out to save the world but are also trying to kill each other and the poor "hero" (you) has to try to manage those squabbling gimps.

shozum
21.10.2010, 22:39
I haven't played all the way through it yet but,

A summoner who makes bad/naughty pacts with monsters
She summons a monster that deals AOE damage or restores HP but it steals her clothes making her immoble and almost defensless for a short period as she tries to cover herself w/leaves.

A steampunky dwarf character whose inventions usually backfire
Uses all sorts of gadgets like a steampunk power suit that constantly damages allies because of mishaps and explosions.

A smelly, drooling, flea ridden werewolf
Tends to sniff other character's butts and is constantly scratching himself or dragging his butt around on the ground. Afraid of water due to nearly drowning once when someone tried to bathe him.

I think they would make some awesome characters :D

Gilaros
22.10.2010, 00:24
1) Returning characters from GT: EH or at least mention how they are doing. I'd love to revisit the old places as well to see how they changed/ not changed

2) More dialouges (in the same funny style)

3) A wider selection of equipment: More armors/weapons/accesories, might as well make new slots for rings/amulets whatever else you like

4) More difficulties: You should add harder difficulty to the game it was quite easy (cept for a few battles). Might as well add a hardcore mode for masochists

5) More skills/customization: Give the characters more abilities to use during combat. Also how about assinging a role to a character depending on skill selection? For example Mr. X (lets just call him that) can be a tank or dps and its entirely up to you to decide which by choosing those skills which benefit that role. So lets say that 1; 2 and 3 are tank skills and 4; 5 and 6 are dps ones. You can choose 3 of these so if we choose 4; 5 and 6 then it's a pure dps build for that character. But you can also make a hybrid by taking 2;3 and 6.

6) Add more dialouge choices which leads to different quests/ending. Also I'd love to see some alignment meter. Some choices add good points others give bad ones (highest good alignment could be called Holy Avatar while highest evil alignment could be *insert random evil name here*). Armor colour could change according to that. So if you're a really nice person your armor has brighter colours, but if you're a nasty bad guy who takes the old goblin grandma's pension your armor would have dark colours.

targetbsp
22.10.2010, 09:34
I haven't finished yet so I don't know whether this is for game balancing (ie. you need all the gold you get?) but it seems unusual that the traders don't make a profit. You buy and sell stuff at the same price which means you don't have to think should I buy this or wait and see if i get it from a chest? Because you can just buy it and sell the one from the chest with no loss. The current way also takes away any sense of saving up for anything. You can buy and later resell every minor upgrade with no loss rather than balancing sitting with less good gear to get the better gear faster.

DeadPoet
22.10.2010, 13:45
I haven't finished yet so I don't know whether this is for game balancing (ie. you need all the gold you get?) but it seems unusual that the traders don't make a profit. .

Ah damn someone notized that! We'll improve that, yes! :D

Profane69
22.10.2010, 19:36
Currently the money sinks are the elixirs you buy to permanently boost your char stats. After i bought all the elixirs i was pretty much out of money.

Used most of them on drake except + move elixirs i shared around with my slowest chars in order to make them more useful.

With Drakes's 3 attacks he gains way way more from +attack than 1 attack chars. At the end Drake had over 70% crit and did around 60-70 damage on a Black knight in a single attack, while Holy was doing 17 -25 with crits, maidens doing a normal attack would hit a Black knight for all of 3-6 damage, circa 10 damage aimed shots. So yes the combat system needs a bit of tweaking.

Oh and i kinda felt sorry for my healer as she lagged behind the rest of the team in xp getting the same paltry 15 xp per heal all the game while the rest of the chars are getting much more from hitting bad guys.

Gilaros
22.10.2010, 23:00
Still the selling price should be lowered. By the way I used up my elixirs pretty much like you but my maidens were somewhat more effective. Sandy and Mandy were doing around 13-16 with aimed it was around 20. Only Candy had around 10 damage per shoot since she didn't have the bow of pure love and was the lowest level of all.

Also the healer experience could be tweaked but (and it might be just me) even if Angelina was quite low level I never had any issues with her. She rarely got hit but her hit points were okay so she never got 1 hitted. Her mana was pretty high I never ran out of it (well maybe used a few mana pots during very long battles). So while in GT: EH I think the healer class was okay, you might really want to introduce some changes to it (more experience, more skills, maybe let even her buff skills give experience).

shozum
23.10.2010, 00:08
Currently the money sinks are the elixirs you buy to permanently boost your char stats. After i bought all the elixirs i was pretty much out of money.

Oh and i kinda felt sorry for my healer as she lagged behind the rest of the team in xp getting the same paltry 15 xp per heal all the game while the rest of the chars are getting much more from hitting bad guys.

DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE PERMANENT :scared: Gonna have to actually use em instead of having them just collect dust in the inventory. I would definately let this be know in the tooltips somewhere (if it is and I missed it, oops :dnuhr: )

As far as experience for Angelica, I always have her take out the enemy that's at 1-10 HP and barely hanging on as the rest move up on the archers or mages. With potions as plentiful as they are, I see no reason to make her the only way to regain HP. I also spam her healing since you gain 15 exp even if you have her heal someone who is not injured. I would change this to having her gain exp as long as 1 HP is healed, as it is now I can power level her by just sitting back and HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL Mana Potion HEAL HEAL HEAL. No EXP for using her other special is upsetting though §cry

Kudos for the Shining Force reference!!!!! Loved the series and it tickles me to no end to see such a wonderful shout out to it by Drake :gratz

targetbsp
23.10.2010, 09:59
Lol, I didn't know they were permanent either. I thought they were expensive! Maybe in the sequel, you could point that out in tutorial fashion when the first one is looted . :)

V682
24.10.2010, 01:56
Bought GT a few days ago, haven't finished yet but anyways...§wink

My suggestions for future Grotesque Tactics games:

1) (plot)-- An ancient, ancient, very old (yet highly technologically advanced for some reason) evil has arisen to destroy the world! Nooo....not just the world but the universe!! Nooo... not just the universe but all universes!!!!

2) (side-plot)-- A very sappy and overly dramatic love story between two of the main characters.

3) (plot)-- The main villain is your father!!! (or maybe just your second uncle).

4) (plot-twist)-- The main villain turns out to be not that bad a guy and decides to join your party.

4) (gameplay)-- Tubes... a series of tubes... no, not the internet, but these tubes that may be hidden on certain levels that take you to secret bonus levels! (think Super Mario).

5) (gameplay)-- All defeated enemies disappear on death and leave behind a single large golden coin. (???)

Thats all I have atm, thanks for the great game! I look forward to future adventures.

SurlyPanda
28.10.2010, 05:59
(1) I actually like the selling price as it is since it allow me to test stuff and experiment.

(2) Anyhooo, stuff for Grotasque 2, more skills is a good start. Only 2 for each character seem limiting. Also, XP shared equally between characters instead of kills. I always hated killing blow being the chief source of Xp since that screw the healers and support characters.

(3) keep the debuff as powerful as they are. Most game treat debuff as jokes or something that only happens to players. It nice to seen debuffs that actually worth using and that can actually land on a boss character.

(4) Keep your translator. Whoever, he/she is, she did a great job with translation.

(5) More variety between the maiden's if they make a return. Such as different kind of bows like Xbow, longbow, a repeating xbow.

(6) Also maybe implement a element system, but instead of the usual fire/water/earth/air etc. use a personality based one. Say for Drake, who is more emo, he actually regen HP when hit with the depression debuff since he right in his element but take penalty to his stats when inspire since all that optimism is making him nauseous. Vice versa for Divine since the world is always shiny to that guy.

DeadPoet
02.01.2011, 21:44
bump! ;)

Vordrak
17.01.2011, 22:34
Hi,

I want to see Drake get somewhere with Angelina! :) Poor guy. He defeated the bad guys ... but will he get the girl?

Crowtac
24.04.2011, 01:39
1. Some kind of skill tree would be nice so we could have a choice on our characters leveling. Something like when a maiden(Archer) gets to level (Lets say 10) We get the choice for her to be a Marksman=more damage or a Ranger=More Range. This could work for our Swordsman (Drake) too at level 10 he could become a Battlemaster dual weild for more dmg or a Guardsman euip a sheild for more defence. You could do this with each of the character classes so they branch out at certain level for an upgraded profesion that we would get to choose. Also you could change the look (Skin) of our charcters when we choose the new profession so a ranger could be decked out all in green aka Robin hood and a marksman could have a feather in her hat a cape and a crossbow. By doing this you are adding a great amount of replay value to your game.

2. Harder difficulty levels .I played through on hard for my first go (I like a challenge) and hardly anyone died, difficulty needs to be more so for real vertran tatics players like myself. Also healing shrines should have a limited number of uses per map and not unlimited as this was too easy just to run back to shrine to heal after each battle.

3. Much wider range of weapons, armour and accessories to be sold in the shps in towns.

4. Mini games? Like gambling dice to increase or lose gold gained?

5. Huge boss battles (I like my bosses to be huge and very hard to kill!)

6. Smarter A.I this is essential in a strategy stand alone game.

7. Some kind of necromancer class that can summon skelton warriors from dead enemies (Would have to limited the number of skeletons summoned and the time they can stay active for like they would dissapear after the battle ended)

8. Bigger badder spell effects.

9. An overland map to travel to locations (You could even include random battles as we travel, or secret locations to find or even a lucky random enoucnter with a merchant or a quest giver that would send you off to find a valuable item.?)

10. I want the scenery to play a bigger role as well for example I want strategic places that my archers can go like high towers so they can shoot further, choke points that my warrios can hold. GTEH had this in some places with bridges ect but not to a great extent, hell you could even add a castle that we need to destroy the door to gain acess whilst enemy archers are pelting us from the battlements then you could reverse that after the battle where we have to defend the castle from attackers?

11. Lots of bug testing before release, GTEH im liking very much but like others im finding many bugs and crashes with it, bug crash free= happy customers.

12. Keep up the good work loving your games so far hope this is the start of a very long turn based stratgical life for your company...Got to sleep now 2am here

Crowtac
24.04.2011, 09:30
Contd: Got some sleep now and thought of a couple more things I would like to see.

13. Enemy healers. These would make target priority for players since they can keep the enemy alive longer.

14. A maximum limit to the number of character you can take into battle: For example you can only have a maximum of 6 characters in any battle. You could then make some sort of camp screen where we would choose from all the charcters that we have recruited but only choose 6 of them to take into the next battle. Personaly I found moving all nine of my charcters in GTEH a bit of a chore each battle.

15. More sound effects more enemy screams of death when they die, more sounds of swords resounding with a metal clunk when they attack armor, the sounds of an arrow whooshing in flight towards its target a enemy monsters growl as it attacks that sort of thing.

16. More death animations of enemy units when they die, more gore if possible.

17. More skills than just two for our charcters, for example a healer/Angel could increase damage or increase defence have a single heal or an area effect heal for all those within its range. I think four skills per charcter would be good.

18. A fee copy fo the game for me for coming up with all these ideas: Insert Evil Grin :D

Crowtac
24.04.2011, 09:49
One final one I forgot to add:

Enemy Reinforcements: On some maps you could have it so and ememy leader calls for aid and more enemies appear at certain spawn locations on the map. This would be great having you Party having to fight both enemies in front of them and behind them as well. Make it so that the enemy reinforcements move towards your charcters when they appear, if they are static they will not pose much of a threat.