PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : HELP with NOTR (return to Khorinis with portal)

giacomo1968
03.12.2005, 22:09
Dear friends,

I've bought Gothic 2 and the addon Night of the Raven, both in italian.
I've played a little without any problem.
The, I entered the portal to Night of the Raven addon. I've played and I've revolved the missions (kill Raven).
Now I'm trying to return to Khorinis with the same portal, but when I enter the game crushs with the following message:

D: zArchiver (:: Read Object)
: objRef, referencedobject has not been read, object index 30184

What does it mean and what could I do to go on with this marvellous game?

Thanks very much for your reply.

Greetings.

Giacomo Bo

WernerTWC
03.12.2005, 22:18
Hi and §welcome to the forum!

Have you patched the game to Add-on Patch 2.6 (http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&file_id=80)???

And when exactly does the game crash? While loading?

giacomo1968
04.12.2005, 00:57
Yes,

the game crush downloading and show the message I've written above.
It crush near the end of the yellow line of the downloading.

I've the 2.6 version of the game.
Pentium 4 1,5Ghz, 512 RAM, Video Ati 9550 256Mb.

I've installed the game also to another pc and there is the same problem (the game is original).

What could I do?

Thanks.

Giacomo

WernerTWC
04.12.2005, 01:50
Maybe try the Gothic II Vdfs - Patch (http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&release_id=104)

Or you have an older save-game, from which you could try to go from one world to an other?

Please, have a little bit patience... in time we will find an answer,... every prob is only existing to be solved! :)

Just ask and ask again till your prob is solved!

giacomo1968
04.12.2005, 09:59
No, sfortunately I've not an older save game.

I0ve tryied to change almost every configuration of my pc, but nothing happens.
I0ve installed the game on my laptop (another computer) but the problem remains the same.
I suppose that something has gone wrong during the adventure of the Addon, then I've saved the game and now the program could not load some part when is loading the old region of khorinis.

Do you know if someone else has my problem?

WernerTWC
04.12.2005, 12:42
Ok, try this:

Speicher ab, beende das Spiel und öffne den Savegames Ordner (Standard .../Programe/Jowood/Gothic2/Savegames). Wähle nun deinen aktuellen Save aus, mit dem du nicht zurück nach Khorinis kommst (z.B. savegame1 für Slot1). Öffne den Save und mach erst mal eine Sicherheitskopie von der "Newworld.sav" Datei. Lösche diese, kopiere die newworld.sav von einem anderen (möglichst aktuellen) Savegame und füg sie in deinem Savegame ein. Zuerst aber: Sicherheitskopie machen! Dann sollte es wieder gehen.

Save your game (another slot). Open savegames-folder (Standard .../Programe/Jowood/Gothic2/Saves). Choose and open the defect (i.e. savegame1 for Slot1) savegame folder. Make a backup from "Newworld.sav". Then delete it ( "Newworld.sav") in the savegame folder. Now copy that file from the newer save you have made to this defect save. Don´t forget to make a backup from the file first!!!

giacomo1968
04.12.2005, 23:56
Ok, try this:

Save your game (another slot). Open savegames-folder (Standard .../Programe/Jowood/Gothic2/Saves). Choose and open the defect (i.e. savegame1 for Slot1) savegame folder. Make a backup from "Newworld.sav". Then delete it ( "Newworld.sav") in the savegame folder. Now copy that file from the newer save you have made to this defect save. Don´t forget to make a backup from the file first!!!

I've verifyed the Newworld.sav of all my savegames and unfortunately it is always the same (corrupted).
So, I've started a new game, I've saved it and I've followed your instruction.
WOW! It works! I can enter the portal and return to Khorinis... but... now I've to play all the missions of the first chapter!

Do you have any other solution?

Thanks.

Giacomo

RoAdam
05.12.2005, 00:26
Go and play again. Have fun again, try to find new ways of copleting quests and lastly dont forget to make a save before going to Jakendar the first time.
Or maybe you could youst play the first chapter and overwrite the defescted Newworld.zen yo were youst taking about.
Or play on from where Werner helped you, you will maybe earn the exp. again. ;)

WernerTWC
05.12.2005, 15:50
I've verifyed the Newworld.sav of all my savegames and unfortunately it is always the same (corrupted).
So, I've started a new game, I've saved it and I've followed your instruction.
WOW! It works! I can enter the portal and return to Khorinis... but... now I've to play all the missions of the first chapter!

Do you have any other solution?

Thanks.

Giacomo
I think you missunderstood me (or i didn´t explain good enough)... anyway:

:) you shoudn´t start a whole new game! Just load the corrupt game, not start a new game, and make with this a save on a new slot and from THIS save, you should take the newworld.sav.

giacomo1968
05.12.2005, 21:21
I think you missunderstood me (or i didn´t explain good enough)... anyway:

:) you shoudn´t start a whole new game! Just load the corrupt game, not start a new game, and make with this a save on a new slot and from THIS save, you should take the newworld.sav.

No, it does not work.
I've load the savegame from which I'm not able to pass the portal and to come back to Khorinis.
I've saved it on a new slot.
Then I've quit the game and I've deleted the newworold.sav of the savegame corrupted.
then, I've copied the newgame.sav of the new saved game into the old corrupted savegame.
I've start the game, load the corrupted savegame and I've passed the portal... back to windows again!

So the problem is that saving the game the corruption remains.

Do you have any othe solution?

WernerTWC
05.12.2005, 21:36
Do you have any othe solution?
Try to download a save from Nachtwanderer´s Savegames (http://home.arcor.de/nachtisaves/addon.htm) and copy the newworld.sav from there. I hope that it works! :)
Gildenlos= without a guild
kapitel= chapter
feuermagier=firemage
mercenary=söldner
dragonhunter=drachjäger

I hope this little translation helps you to find the right save for you, otherwise just ask again! :)

giacomo1968
06.12.2005, 11:15
Thanks for the help.

Do you know the german word for Militia/Paladin because I'm plying with the Paladin, and I don't understand the explanations of the site you suggested me.

Thanks.

WernerTWC
06.12.2005, 18:20
Thanks for the help.

Do you know the german word for Militia/Paladin because I'm plying with the Paladin, and I don't understand the explanations of the site you suggested me.

Thanks.
It´s Miliz/Paladin in german ;)!
There is no savegame for it. I will ask and search around.

Which Level you are, and which chapter you play???

giacomo1968
06.12.2005, 18:35
I'm at level 23 and I've finished all the missions of chapter 1. I've spoken with Lord Hagen and I'm ready to go to the valley of mines (but I'm blocked in front of the portal in the Add-on!).
Obviuosly, I'm a paladin.

Thank very much for the help.

WernerTWC
06.12.2005, 18:47
I'm at level 23 and I've finished all the missions of chapter 1. I've spoken with Lord Hagen and I'm ready to go to the valley of mines (but I'm blocked in front of the portal in the Add-on!).
Obviuosly, I'm a paladin.

Thank very much for the help.
:confused:

How can that be, you wrote this:

The, I entered the portal to Night of the Raven addon. I've played and I've revolved the missions (kill Raven).
Now I'm trying to return to Khorinis with the same portal, but when I enter the game crushs with the following message:

So, it can´t be both! :confused: :confused: :confused:

rockfest
06.12.2005, 19:03
@WernerTWC why can't it be both? Except the fact that he can't be a paladin as he said but I'm sure he was talking about militia he can go to hagen, receive the quest to go to the VOM but instead he can go to Jharkendar. After returning he can go to VOM. I did the same once. ;)

WernerTWC
06.12.2005, 20:21
So what´s it???

Paladin or militia?

Just confirm me, that i´m right:
You have done all in Khorinis, then went to Jharkendar BUT not was in the VoM?!?!?

giacomo1968
06.12.2005, 21:46
yes, I'm in the Militia and I want to become a Paladin.

So, I started Gothic 2 and I played all the missions of chapter 1.
Then, before speaking with Lord Hagen and going to VOM, I follow Vatras and his missions, so I went to the portal, I pass it and I played the NOTR.
I finished NOTR (killed Raven), I spoke with Saturnas (who told me that Myrx was send to Vatras to help him), and I passed again the portal to come back to Khorinis (and Gothic 2).
BUT...... the game crush!
So, I'm imprisoned in the NOTR and I cannot come back to go on with the main story.

Now, I've download a savegame (with no guild) from that site you suggest me and I0ve found that the newworld.sav file works!
So now I'm trying to play with that file end to verify if the missions of the chapter 1 are already completed.

Util we are not able to find the real solution to this problem, I'll continue to play with that new file.

Thanks to everyone!

WernerTWC
06.12.2005, 21:52
Ok, then have fun without trouble in the game anymore i wish to you! :)

Just one thing, i recommend to you and every user, save often on different slots to avoid such problems!

giacomo1968
07.12.2005, 00:23
Ok, then have fun without trouble in the game anymore i wish to you! :)

eh, eh, it would be to easy if the game wuold run perfectly...

Now, the Innos Shrine, the bed (for sleeping) and che chemical tables does not work!

What could I do (to not shoot the monitor!)?

rockfest
07.12.2005, 00:26
eh, eh, it would be to easy if the game wuold run perfectly...

Now, the Innos Shrine, the bed (for sleeping) and che chemical tables does not work!

It is my advice to you to start another game. I think that your save is already corrupted.

WernerTWC
07.12.2005, 17:13
I just asked right now for a savegame in the german forum, now the only thing what we can do is waiting for a savegame.

But if we don´t find a savegame like yours, or even with this it doesn´t work, then your save is lost,... that happend many people, and they all from that crash on saves often on different slots.
In this case:

It is my advice to you to start another game. I think that your save is already corrupted.
§dito

giacomo1968
13.12.2005, 19:21
ok, I wait for a savegame.

Another thing: someone suggests me that the problem could be the driver of my Ati Radeon 9550.
Do you kwnow which driver is best for playing Gothic 2?

Thanks.

rockfest
13.12.2005, 19:24
Another thing: someone suggests me that the problem could be the driver of my Ati Radeon 9550.

The best driver is the latest driver. Search for it if you don't have it but your problem is from the savegame not from the graphic card IMO. Tell me exactly where you are and the stats of your character and i'll make you a save this night. ;)

Edit: Now i really got to go. i'll return soon but i need to have those infos when i do. I want to know where are you in the main story and the full informations about you character...if you have important side-quests tell them so i can make those too. This shouldn't last more than 2-3 hours....i'll return at 10 so if you want your save tonight you can enter again in the forum between 12-1 AM.

WernerTWC
13.12.2005, 19:38
ok, I wait for a savegame.

Thanks.
I don´t have got a savegame.

The best driver is the latest driver. Search for it if you don't have it but your problem is from the savegame not from the graphic card IMO. Tell me exactly where you are and the stats of your character and i'll make you a save this night. ;)
Dito, i cannot imagine that this prob is depending on the graphic-card-driver.

@rockfest: Maybe this savegame (neutral, no guild, stats are there as screenshots) saves some work for you:

Add-on Savegame zum downloaden (freie Gilden- und Lehrstellenwahl) - neue Version (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=48668)

rockfest
13.12.2005, 19:41
Thanks but i have my own hero to play with. kick some orc ass in the begining, do a fastrun on the main quest to the point he reached and another 2 or 3 sidequests. At the end i'll "patch" his hero. The job shouldn't last more than a hour to be honest. ;)
Ok...now i go...my girlfriend will kill me. :D

giacomo1968
16.12.2005, 18:02
dear friends,

I've partially resolved my problem.
Now I'm playing with a savegame that I found on the web and everyting seems gone well.
I'm in the VOM and the story of the game goes on.

Anyway, if someone will find the solution of this bug I'll be very grateful.

WernerTWC
16.12.2005, 18:13
dear friends,

I've partially resolved my problem.
Now I'm playing with a savegame that I found on the web and everyting seems gone well.
I'm in the VOM and the story of the game goes on.

Anyway, if someone will find the solution of this bug I'll be very grateful.
Can you please post the link to the savegame you´ve found on the web?!?!

eXecutioner
18.12.2005, 12:27
Well since this tread is named "Help with NotR" (excluding "return to Khorinis with portal") I whant to ask you something:

What is there to know when you play the add-on? What skills you shouldn't invest in, or what quests have more than one solutions, and in this case wich one is more chalenghing, etc...?

I have to say that I have the english add-on and maby parts of the german + translation add-on (missing text!? or bad english!?) differs from the english one.

rockfest
18.12.2005, 14:19
I have to say that I have the english add-on and maby parts of the german + translation add-on (missing text!? or bad english!?) differs from the english one.

No... There are no differences between the english version and the german one. At least i didn't noticed too many.

eXecutioner
18.12.2005, 14:24
That's good. Can you respond to my previous question? And I don't whant a complete walktrought (for that I can go to DLH I think). Just small things like: "Don't invest in ..." or "You could kill that creature that way. That's how I killed it"...

rockfest
18.12.2005, 14:28
That's good. Can you respond to my previous question? And I don't whant a complete walktrought (for that I can go to DLH I think).
I dont think that there is a walkthrough for notr in english.

Just small things like: "Don't invest in ..." or "You could kill that creature that way. That's how I killed it"...
If you played the german version then you already know what to do.
If you didn't played notr at all then i would suggest to play the game and if you only have problems to post them in the forum. The game is very hard and only for hardcore players. Prove to yourself that you are one. ;)

eXecutioner
18.12.2005, 14:35
If you played the german version then you already know what to do.

Yes I've played NotR in german but only in the Gothic 2 world. I didn't got to Jakendar.

The game is very hard and only for hardcore players. Prove to yourself that you are one.

That's so deep man. Cool!

WernerTWC
18.12.2005, 17:48
That's good. Can you respond to my previous question? And I don't whant a complete walktrought (for that I can go to DLH I think). Just small things like: "Don't invest in ..." or "You could kill that creature that way. That's how I killed it"...
Well, this is a little bit general asked, so it´s tricky to answer.
I only can say, plan your char from the beginning, just choose one way (1H, 2H, magic) and learn only what you need.
Other problems can be better solved when you stand in front of them and then just ask detailed so finding answers for us is easier.

eXecutioner
18.12.2005, 18:15
So you say that I should center my character on only a few abilities and max them, so that I don't become a Jack-of-all-trades (I love this "word").

Ok. I'll post if I encounter anything suspicious.