PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Basic help please

Ragnarok6503
18.11.2005, 06:11
I just downloaded the demo of Gothic I while I wait for my full game to arrive. I started playing, but I cannot equip any weapons or use items in my inventory or trade in the big camp.

i tried to change the keyboard configuration, but that didn't help. I don't know if I should be getting a cursor arrow when I open my inventory. I am not getting one if I should. Nothing I try works and it seems like I've exhausted all the possible ways to use equipment. I tried to figure this out for about an hour before I gave up for the evening.

Obviously, I'm missing something if I don't have a bug in the demo. I know this is a ridiculous problem, however, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

rockfest
18.11.2005, 08:49
First... §welcome to the forum. Please post something in the Welcome (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=84056&goto=lastpost) thread about yourself. Anyway...
I've always said that is good to discover how to play gothic by yourself but if you reached the old camp and still not know how to do that then i should say how(this explination is based on the gothic default keyboard layout) :
- to select anything in the gothic world you have to press CTRL+UP(this means starting a dialogue with someone, open chests,activate/deactivate items in inventory, climb a lader, etc.);
- to "change"(i don't know if is the right word but you'll figure it out from the examples) something you either have to press CTRL+LEFT or CTRL+RIGHT(this is when you want to "transfer" contents from a chest to your inventory, when you buy/sell something from the merchants,etc).
- and about the combat system : attack forward=CTRL+UP; attack right=CTRL+RIGHT; attack left=CTRL+LEFT; block=CTRL+BACK.
I hope that you understand but just to let you know, there is a manual(should be at least) in the main gothic folder wich tells you these things more better.
PS : Good luck at those orcs. ;) Give them a hard time and maybe let us know what you've done, how you play it. We want something new here and the excitment of a new player would be great.

WernerTWC
18.11.2005, 09:05
Hi and §welcome to forum!

It seems rockfest solved your prob, i only have an additional thing:
Instead of ctrl you can use left mouse button, which makes it a little bit easier, cause you don´t have to press 2 keys at once on the keyboard.

Petyamester
18.11.2005, 10:35
Cursor arrows are going to appear first only in Gothic 3.

banzino_gothic
19.11.2005, 06:16
A little help here plz were can I find Gestath and Biff. I seem to forget :confused:

rockfest
19.11.2005, 07:03
A little help here plz were can I find Gestath and Biff. I seem to forget :confused:
Gestath - is with Gorn near the rock dragon(the old fortress). He is pretty well hidden.
Biff - can be found with the rest of the DH(dragon hunters) at the gathering when you enter in the colony. If you have taken him with you and "lost" him on the way as i did many times just walk a little near the palisade of the castle and he will show up from somewhere in the forest(it would be good to don't have orcs near the area or he might end up dead).

banzino_gothic
19.11.2005, 07:41
Ooo yu Biff I remember him he was the one who gives you a quest right to the castle .and gestath is the one who is wearing a mine crawler armor.

rockfest
19.11.2005, 07:46
Ooo yu Biff I remember him he was the one who gives you a quest right to the castle .and gestath is the one who is wearing a mine crawler armor.
Ehmmm...you mean to say you don't believe me? Trust me, Gestath is near the Stone dragon with Gorn. That i can say for sure. As for Biff, if you missed him when you entered the colony and when all of the dragon hunters wereat the entrance of the valey then i don't know where to find him(maybe in the camp of the dragon hunters? :confused: near the ice dragon).

banzino_gothic
19.11.2005, 07:54
Gestath is hidden with gorn under the way to the stone dragon, and beside them are lizard of fire and above them is a goblin plant.and Gestath Teaches you to cut dragons scales and drain blood from . :)About biff I am still confused I thought he is the one who you meet at the entrance. The first time you enter the valley and he tells what happened there. or he is the one with silvio near the ice dragon

Petyamester
19.11.2005, 10:14
He's one of the dragon hunters in the valley in chapt 4. He goes and kills with you for money.

DeadlyArrow
19.11.2005, 10:19
Oh, I remember somethimes you can meet all dragonhunters at entrance, I think if you go stright to colony.

_DieGo_
19.11.2005, 10:26
@banzino looks like Gestah problem is solved :D . about Biff, did you take him with you? is important, if you didn't give him money to come with you he is still at the entrance alone, if you paid him and is not with you there are 2 posibilities: 1.dead :D 2.somewhere lost. but dead is 70% sure IMO. hope i helped you :)

WernerTWC
19.11.2005, 10:46
Additional info:

Biff (http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/index.htm?data=data_npc.js&id=n_204)

Gestath (http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/index.htm?data=data_npc.js&id=n_191)

:)