PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 2 gold crashing

Kilrha
09.09.2010, 21:46
I've bought and downloaded this game from GoG. I've installed the latest community patch.

Everything goes okay till I press "new game". At this point the game crashes and displays an access violation error. Anybody know how to fix this? This will be me first time to play gothic 2 with NoTR.

fragonard
09.09.2010, 21:58
More info please. What OS? Default install path? Starting from the launcher? If win7, have you tried starting from the exe with admin rights?

Kilrha
09.09.2010, 22:07
I'm running windows XP. default path is I:\program files\gog.com\gothic2.

My system specs are:

AMD Dual Core 6000+ 3.01 GHz
2 gig ram
(standard) overclocked nvidia geforce 9600GT by club3D

Larisa
09.09.2010, 22:16
default path is I:\program files\gog.com\gothic2.

And you made sure the CP installed in that folder and not in it's default one (C:\Program Files\JoWood...)?

fragonard
09.09.2010, 22:19
Hmm...that's similar to the system I was using last year without any problems. Have you tried running the exe directly from the system folder?

Did you install the patch before running the game? I'd try running it without the patch first. I've heard that some users were having patch related problems although I have no experence with it personally.

Kilrha
10.09.2010, 18:03
And you made sure the CP installed in that folder and not in it's default one (C:\Program Files\JoWood...)?

Yes I have changed the install path to my game folder

Hmm...that's similar to the system I was using last year without any problems. Have you tried running the exe directly from the system folder?

Did you install the patch before running the game? I'd try running it without the patch first. I've heard that some users were having patch related problems although I have no experence with it personally.

Yes I did install the patch before running the game . I haven't tried running the exe from the folder so I'll try that now.

one other thing: you know when you start the game, before it starts some program pops up configuring the virtual disk file system but it's in German. Does this have anything to do with it?

Larisa
10.09.2010, 19:15
The vdfs tool should give the same results, no matter the language.

As for the crash, do you even see the loading screen or not?

Try to reinstall the game and see if it works without any patch.

Kilrha
11.09.2010, 12:45
I'm sorry guys but I seem to have wasted your time :grinundwe

I launched the game with the steam application and it seems that they don't mix because I tried it without steam and it went perfectly.

Once again sorry for wasting your time.