PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Language stuck on German (steam version)

Lake
09.08.2010, 01:11
Having fond memories of the original Gothic from years ago i picked up the gothic 2/3 pack back in the steam summer sale. Today i finally got around to playing them. after messing around for about an hour i found myself really enjoying the game so i went online to do some reading up on missables, backstory, etc for the game.

I wound up here after a bit of reading it seemed the obvious choice was to go with the community patch 1.74 and the tweaked ini listed on the frontpage (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=843942).

i applied the patch then pasted the .ini into the appropriate place and started the game up my only problem is that now all the text is in German rendering the game basically unplayable. I changed the language settings from German to English in the .ini file, everything still came up in German, i tried replacing the modded .ini file with my backed up original, still no luck.

As a last resort i removed the game from my computer (via steam) and deleted the Gothic 3 folder from the steam apps>common directory and did a fresh install. Still in German.

I have no idea what to do at this point and was hoping someone here might have a clue on how to fix this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

NCONiall
09.08.2010, 12:14
§welcome to the foum :)

Go to

My Documents\gothic3\,

Open UserOptions.ini,

Scroll down until you see something like this:

VoiceLanguage=
SubtitleLanguage=

If they say German change them to English :),

Sometimes when you remove Gothic 3 and tell it not to remove your saves it will keep this file here, which is probably why when you reinstalled it stayed in German.

To change the tweaked INI to English open the INI up and look for these lines:

[Languages]
Voice.SupportedCount=1
Voice.Entry_0=German
Subtitle.SupportedCount=1
Subtitle.Entry_0=German

Text=German
Audio=German

Change them to this:

[Languages]
Voice.SupportedCount=1
Voice.Entry_0=English
Subtitle.SupportedCount=1
Subtitle.Entry_0=English

Text=English
Audio=English

:)

Brian Nordin
04.02.2011, 07:58
I finally figured out how to get the 1.74 patch to run, but now there are no floating text messages and no audio like there should be. In the original Gothic 3 file I can find the Ini file and see the language defaults - which are both english. However, the patch takes presidence over the original and I don't know how to access the ini file in the 1.74 patch to switch to English - any help would be much appreciated.

Brian