PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : gothic 2 doesnt start

viz3d
23.10.2005, 17:04
Hi all,
i have problem with running gothic 2 - when i try to launch
game, nothing happens , after few seconds windows freezes, and i have
to restart.

my computer:
cpu: opteron 242 (2 cpu)
mb: msi k8t master2-far
Gcard: sapphire radeon x850 xt 256 mb, agp version (driver 6.14.0010.6553 en)
sound: creative sb audigy ls
ram: 4 Gb ecc reg. samsung ram

i know this is not standard gaming machine, but i had never such
problems with other games/demos (hl2, doom3, boiling point, flight
simulator, il2, ufo, SW K.O.T.O.R 1,2....and many others)

i dont even know version of game - autorun is in english, I bought it
in czech republic.

i tried also this : gothic2_vdfs-patch.exe....but no changes...
...and i tried also dna drivers for my card (from guru3d.com) , also no changes..

can you please help me with it?
thanks

rockfest
23.10.2005, 17:10
I know that there is a problem with radeon on g2 but i don't think that x800 is the fault for this. Can you explain better? What do you mean by freeze? Did it first entered the game or it crashed before entering? I'm not that good at these kind of things but i don't see anyone online...
Ps : Welcome to the forum, say something about you in the welcome thread...

WernerTWC
23.10.2005, 20:09
Hi all,
i have problem with running gothic 2 - when i try to launch
game, nothing happens , after few seconds windows freezes, and i have
to restart.

Can you please describe it more detailed, ...

Can you enter the task-manager, or is the PC totally freezed, any error-messages?

You can try this (i have found those things in german faq):

- At the first startup, it can take a lot of time, wait 15 minutes.

- install and use only original drivers (i think, you do)

- turn off the scale-funktion of the screen-size
(Systemcontrols/Screen/Options/enhanched options/screen/ flatscreen/ "Screen adjustment" = turn off)

(Thats a bad translation, i hope you find it)

BTW.: §welcome to the forum!

viz3d
23.10.2005, 20:45
hi, thank you for replies

my problem is: after launching game, it does not start (so game was not entered). I am still in desktop, but after few seconds computer stop respond to me...i cant even move cursor of mouse. Only thing i can do is hard restart (reset button)...
I cant do anything there, no taskmanager, no error messages...

i also tried replace graphic card for older one (radeon 9700, original drivers) , but it doesnt help.

i really dont know, this computer is rock stable in other programs... :confused:

rockfest
23.10.2005, 21:03
I'm no expert on these things but i don't see gothic causing this. Could be windows' fault. a virus or something, but i'm not saying that i'm sure of this. Just wait for the experts to reply.

WernerTWC
23.10.2005, 21:08
hi, thank you for replies

my problem is: after launching game, it does not start (so game was not entered). I am still in desktop, but after few seconds computer stop respond to me...i cant even move cursor of mouse. Only thing i can do is hard restart (reset button)...

i also tried replace graphic card for older one (radeon 9700, original drivers) , but it doesnt help.

i really dont know, this computer is rock stable in other programs... :confused:

You have 2 CPUs?

I think in this case i recommend to update os to sp2!

If this don´t helps, (update all you can get with this automatic windows-update after getting sp2),... then you can try to update all drivers from your hardware, so it´s all up to date (also bios)!

Have you checked for spyware, viruses, etc?

If all this doesn´t work, then post again,... also if it works! :)

_DieGo_
23.10.2005, 21:13

i'm not good at this kind of problems too but i had the same problem(that "freezing") long long time ago.. at my first computer(very bad computer it wasnt even p1 :D)... lot of games made this problem to me... after double-clicking on a game everything stoped, i could not use the computer at all, the only thing i could do was restarting, is the same to you viz3d??? then i think it's because of the computer(because of the windows), i repeat: im not sure, i'm just trying to help :)

BTW: §welcome to the forum, pls post sth(something) about you in the welcomethread, read the nettiquette and... have fun here ;)

viz3d
23.10.2005, 22:22
ok problem solved.....thanks all of you.
Especially to you WernerTWC , your world obout widescreen pointed me in right directioon....I use for my work 2 monitors, and i have desktop of windows extended on both of them. I turned one of them off, and that is it, game is working now just fine.

strange is, this is only game ( or other software) that has this problem...I used many games or demos with both monitors turned on...and it was ok, game was displayed on one of them, on second was part of desktop...

ok. thanks again, i cant wait for playing G2 now

WernerTWC
23.10.2005, 22:28
ok problem solved.....thanks all of you.
Especially to you WernerTWC , your world obout widescreen pointed me in right directioon....I use for my work 2 monitors, and i have desktop of windows extended on both of them. I turned one of them off, and that is it, game is working now just fine.

strange is, this is only game ( or other software) that has this problem...I used many games or demos with both monitors turned on...and it was ok, game was displayed on one of them, on second was part of desktop...

ok. thanks again, i cant wait for playing G2 now
Cool, another prob solved! :cool: :D :)

Have fun with the game, and after you through, i hope to see you back here, ... or if you stuck somewhere!
Now as you said it, with g1 it works fine,.... i had played it on monitor while on the second screen (TV) was a movie playing! :D ... on g2 there i had also probs (not those crashes),... anyway... :)