PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic II crashes during save progress

Lost_cause72
17.10.2005, 22:36
Whenever I try to save a game, it crashes about 10% through. Anyone know why?

WernerTWC
17.10.2005, 22:54
Hi and §welcome to the forum!

I never heard of this prob! (maybe a stupid question): is your Harddisk full?

In order to help you, please post some more infos!
What system you are running?
Have you ever run it correctly?
Have you all the newest drivers for your hardware?
What version of Gothic EXACTLY you are talking about.
What is the error-message?

...things like that, i hope you get the point,... please try to help us to help you! :)

rockfest
17.10.2005, 22:56
First thing welcome to the forum and post something about yourself in the welcome thread...
And about your problem...
- try to install your latest graphic card drivers...
- if you use marvin mode it can get a little buggy...
other advices....if someone has them...

Lost_cause72
17.10.2005, 23:00
Haha sorry.

Gothic II
Cicero Intel P4 1.6GHz
256MB RAM 32 Shared to Vid Card
SiS 650 Video Chipset

My Harddrive is about 50% full of 40GB

All my drivers are up to date.

Game version is 1.31 I believe

There is no error messages. Just quits...

Whats marvin mode?

DeadlyArrow
17.10.2005, 23:01
for me i crashed one or two times and a message appeared that i have not enough virtual memory (then i had 256Mb), but it happened only when i played the game for a long time, and when i restarted it it was ok.

rockfest
17.10.2005, 23:01
Haha sorry.

Gothic II
Cicero Intel P4 1.6GHz
256MB RAM 32 Shared to Vid Card
SiS 650 Video Chipset

My Harddrive is about 50% full of 40GB

All my drivers are up to date.

Game version is 1.31 I believe
What's the error exactly? There must be a crash window or something...

Lost_cause72
17.10.2005, 23:05
No errors at all. It just starts to save, gets to about a tenth of the way through and quits with no message at all. No illegal operation, not even an annoying MS Help thing where I send the error.

Lost_cause72
17.10.2005, 23:07
Whats marvin mode

PS you guys have good reaction times

WernerTWC
17.10.2005, 23:11
No errors at all. It just starts to save, gets to about a tenth of the way through and quits with no message at all. No illegal operation, not even an annoying MS Help thing where I send the error.
It could be, the folder has the wrong name, could you please post the whole path to the savegames?!?
I researched a little bit, so there was a prob, a guy renamed or moved something, so the game canīt find the folder to save in.

Edit:
Whats marvin mode

PS you guys have good reaction times

Marvin Mode is the cheat mode, forget about it, if you donīt need it!

rockfest
17.10.2005, 23:12
It really beats me...but i'll give it a try...
- try to save in another slot...maybe the save you have is corupt
- it happened every time you started a new game or only one game?
If it happened with only a game then i think that your computer restarted at a time and the gothic save has been corupted...i bet you didn't let scandisk to do it's job. If you did then the save is totally corupt and it can't be repaired by windows...try to save in another slot and if this doesn't work open a previous save(from another slot) or if this doesn't work unninstall gothic and and try it again with your saves.If that doesn't work just delete your games and start a new game...
DON"T DO THIS, WAIT FOR ANOTHER GUY TO TELL HIS OPINION.I wouldn't like to do all those things and found out that it wasn't that cause....
Sorry...i didn't saw the posts...the path is : */saves . And please try not to double post...There's the edit button...

Lost_cause72
17.10.2005, 23:15
Maybe the folder for savegame thing? C:\Games\Gothic2 and every time I try to save to a slot it just makes a folder games\gothic2\savegame1 ...savegame5 etc. I just got the game yesterday and haven't been able to save a single one so its not a corruption issue...

rockfest
17.10.2005, 23:17
Then that means that you don't have started the game for long and you're at begining. Just install the game again. This should work...

WernerTWC
17.10.2005, 23:23
Maybe the folder for savegame thing? C:\Games\Gothic2 and every time I try to save to a slot it just makes a folder games\gothic2\savegame1 ...savegame5 etc. I just got the game yesterday and haven't been able to save a single one so its not a corruption issue...
Well, uninstall it, (restart) install it in the standard folder.

OR check this first: Check your Gothic2 folder, there you should see folders, for example "data" and "system". Make a Folder "Saves" (first letter S, not s), try it, otherwise look above!

Lost_cause72
17.10.2005, 23:25
So the folder should be Gothic2\Saves ?
If that doesn't work I will check the reg and see if I can find anything valuable in it. Im reinstalling right now.

WernerTWC
17.10.2005, 23:30
So the folder should be Gothic2\Saves ?
If that doesn't work I will check the reg and see if I can find anything valuable in it. Im reinstalling right now.
It should be looking like this (donīt mind about things in the folder you donīt have, there are mods installed, the thing is the Saves folder):

http://people.freenet.de/WernerTWC/gothic/Saves.jpg

Lost_cause72
17.10.2005, 23:31
Alright I will try it out. Thanks a lot for the help! I appreciate the speed you replied and the help you gave me!

WernerTWC
17.10.2005, 23:37
Alright I will try it out. Thanks a lot for the help! I appreciate the speed you replied and the help you gave me!
*g* If it really helps, we will see, i hope so! Otherwise ask again, and again, every problem is only existing to be solved! :)

Lost_cause72
17.10.2005, 23:42
Dear God it worked. Thanks so much. You won't see me here for a while cause I will be lost in the game.

WernerTWC
17.10.2005, 23:48
Dear God it worked. Thanks so much. You won't see me here for a while cause I will be lost in the game.
Enjoy your gaming!!! Hope we see you after finishing the game here again!

rockfest
17.10.2005, 23:57
:D Try to give those dragons a hard time...they deserve it...