PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 2 addon problem!

NeonKnight
08.10.2005, 16:25
Hi all, I have a problem with instaling Gothic 2 addon. I folowed instructions from this forum but it wont work.I instaled english version of Gothic 2, then i downloaded files Gothic2_130_de.exe and Gothic2_130_en.bat, I copyed them into folder where i instaled Gothic 2 and run Gothic2_130_en.bat.Then I Runed the add-on setup (Gothic2-Addon-Setup.exe) and i recived message that i must put original Gothic cd in cd-rom, and the instalation stops. I dont know what is the problem. If anybody can help i would be grateful.BTW great site,keep up the good work!

Sowilo
08.10.2005, 16:38
Do u have windows XP service pack 2? I searched in the German forum and found the hint to disable boot.ini DEP (/NOEXECUTE=AlwaysOff ).

One guy said that he copied the setup.exe on his harddisc and run it there.

And u should disable anti virus software.

WernerTWC
08.10.2005, 16:40
Maybe this patch helps?!?

Download Gothic II Vdfs - Patch (http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&release_id=104)

rockfest
08.10.2005, 17:02
If you bought the game from a store try to see if they have the english version. Maybe they can exchange the cd...I heard the version was released...

NeonKnight
08.10.2005, 17:21
I have win XP with SP2 on.I disabled AV and firewall and I also instaled Gothic II Vdfs - Patch but it wont work.The exchange of the cd isnt possible because i bought cd in other country.Do you have any other sugestion?

WernerTWC
08.10.2005, 17:36
I have win XP with SP2 on.I disabled AV and firewall and I also instaled Gothic II Vdfs - Patch but it wont work.The exchange of the cd isnt possible because i bought cd in other country.Do you have any other sugestion?
- Was it once running, or is it the first time you install it?
- Do you have installed the newest drivers for all of your hardware-componets?

NeonKnight
08.10.2005, 17:38
This is the first time i tried to instal the addon. Ill check for the driver updates. When i try to install addon i get this message "Bitte legen sie die original-CD "Gothic II - Die nacht des Raben" Ein.

WernerTWC
08.10.2005, 17:44
This is the first time i tried to instal the addon. Ill check for the driver updates. When i try to install addon i get this message "Bitte legen sie die original-CD "Gothic II - Die nacht des Raben" Ein.
Another thing to try:
Start your PC in "Safe-Mode" (pressing f8 while starting up),.. and install it in the safe-mode.

Sowilo
08.10.2005, 17:45
@Werner
Should we ask one of our German technik-freaks for help?

WernerTWC
08.10.2005, 17:53
@Werner
Should we ask one of our German technik-freaks for help?
Letīs give it a try, but when above things doesnīt work, then i think it becomes necessary... I have no more ideas.

NeonKnight
08.10.2005, 18:04
@Werner
I tryied to start my PC in safe mode and I started the instalation and i get difrent message- error:loader couldnt initialize service.

WernerTWC
08.10.2005, 18:14
Look at this Post (Click here). (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=1125863&#post1125863)
There download the svkp_fix.zip, unzip it somewhere and start the SVKP_Fix.cmd.

@Sowilo: http://people.freenet.de/WernerTWC/s/weisseflagge.gif ... seems itīs time for the freaks.^^

NeonKnight
08.10.2005, 18:20
I downloaded file and start it but still wont work.I dont know what to do.I tryied everything.

DaB
08.10.2005, 18:56
ah, have any kind of Filesharing-programmes?
maybe that these disable you to run gothic

EDIT: U have Nero? or a image-programm for cd-images?

WernerTWC
08.10.2005, 19:00
I downloaded file and start it but still wont work.I dont know what to do.I tryied everything.
Well, there is one thing i have to try for you:

Try to make a new user-account (in windows) then restart PC, choose the new profile at startup, install it there,...

If it donīt work, have patience, i think the german technic-freaks will help you, but maybe they right now watching soccer on TV (Germany-Türkei/Turkey (?))

Nachtwanderer
08.10.2005, 22:42

Have you possibly ZoneAlarm as Firewall? If, you must uninstall Zonealarm (deactivate is not sufficient).

NeonKnight
09.10.2005, 00:16
I have ZoneAlarm, Nero image, and BitLord and Bit comet.I use all of these programs.I will remove them from my PC and then ill see if the problem is in them.I will also try with the new user account.

WernerTWC
09.10.2005, 00:38
I have ZoneAlarm, Nero image, and BitLord and Bit comet.I use all of these programs.I will remove them from my PC and then ill see if the problem is in them.I will also try with the new user account.
And PLEASE let us know, when it works, and what solved the problem!

rockfest
09.10.2005, 00:41
good luck with your problem....hope you'll solve it...

NeonKnight
09.10.2005, 00:46
@Werner
I have to disapoint you. I tryied to do everything. I removed ZoneAlarm, Disabled Nero ImageDrive, I removed BitLord and BitComet and i tryied with new user account.When i finished these tasks, the instalation almoust started then i got difrent message: loader couldnt initialize service- this is the same message when i tryied to run the instalation from safe mode.

rockfest
09.10.2005, 01:08
Sorry for that....did you really tried everything??

NeonKnight
09.10.2005, 01:13
I dont know what to do.Maybe i will reinstal windows and then try to instal addon.Thx all for your help and if anybody has any new idea Iam listening.

WernerTWC
09.10.2005, 01:19
I dont know what to do.Maybe i will reinstal windows and then try to instal addon.Thx all for your help and if anybody has any new idea Iam listening.
If this is not such a big deal for you (and only then!) to install a new, fresh windows, then i would recommend this.
But wait a bit, maybe others find better solutions.

Again, have a little bit patience!...sorry iīm not able to help you, but others are, iīm sure!

rockfest
09.10.2005, 01:22
Try to uninstall g2....If that doesn't works...well...reinstall windows....

NeonKnight
09.10.2005, 01:33
I tryied to uninstal G2 but still wont work. Windows reinstalation should be my last option, until then Iam waitning for sugestions.Werner and everybody thx for the effort.

rockfest
09.10.2005, 23:38
Hope you managed to reinstall windows....i can't see another way...and if that doesn;t work..well then good luck...i'm out of the game

egndgf
15.10.2005, 00:55
Hi all, I have a problem with instaling Gothic 2 addon. I folowed instructions from this forum but it wont work.I instaled english version of Gothic 2, then i downloaded files Gothic2_130_de.exe and Gothic2_130_en.bat, I copyed them into folder where i instaled Gothic 2 and run Gothic2_130_en.bat.Then I Runed the add-on setup (Gothic2-Addon-Setup.exe) and i recived message that i must put original Gothic cd in cd-rom, and the instalation stops. I dont know what is the problem. If anybody can help i would be grateful.BTW great site,keep up the good work!
You followed the instruction on worldofgothic.com, didn't you?
I don't believe in it, but you can try to follow these instructions (http://gothic.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&infoID=163&pageID=476&sid=bcc5185fab1823e435e519fd768c6560). Maybe it works. (but normally, both procedures do the same)

Well, and I wonder, why nobody has linked to this post (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=1027523&#post1027523). Maybe you can install it manually.

WernerTWC
15.10.2005, 18:52
Well, and I wonder, why nobody has linked to this post (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=1027523&#post1027523). Maybe you can install it manually.
Well, for the future i know it now! ;)

thewolfro
01.11.2005, 13:08
I have some other problems with NOTR: after i finished the businesses with Raven, i want to continue with the Eye of Inos mision, after that one is over i try to go for the dragons but the loading of the old map stopps somewhere about 50% of progress. I waited about 30 minutes but the game seems to hang. What can i do. i tried to reinstall it but no results.

DeadlyArrow
01.11.2005, 13:17
@thewolfro
think you should write about your gothic version and your computer

egndgf
01.11.2005, 13:57
@thewolfro: Does this happen every time you try to go into the old world or only with this save?
If it works normally with another save, then your savegame may be corrupt. In this case, you should load an earlier save and try to play from this point. And if this doesn't work, you should make a copy of your savegame (you find in in the gothic 2\saves folder) and delete the oldworld.sav of the save. After that, you should be able to enter the old world normally.

Petyamester
01.11.2005, 15:48
If you bought the game from a store try to see if they have the english version. Maybe they can exchange the cd...I heard the version was released...
They never exchange. I bought my Gothic 2 disc with 3 holes in it, and they didn't wanted to change the cd for a good one. The install crashed during the work. So we had a big row with the boss of the shop It's that CD Galaxis which sells TotR. (It was mentioned on this homepage when the expansion released)I will never buy anything there...

rockfest
01.11.2005, 16:31
Why didn't you complained to the consumer protection or something like that?

Petyamester
01.11.2005, 21:59
I have complained, but after a few weeks, they finally standed on the shop's side... Nothing happens...

rockfest
01.11.2005, 22:02
I have complained, but after a few weeks, they finally standed on the shop's side... Nothing happens...
Now this really sucks. So...what did you do? How did you manage to play the game?

Petyamester
01.11.2005, 22:07
We gave the CD to them for a week (Oh man that was kinda long week, coz I have prepared to play with Gothic in my holiday time, so I bought it in the beginning but I got it back after the end of it). And when they gave it back, it just worked! I don't know how, because before I tried the game CD on 3 different computers and it made the sam error on them. Strange...

Colonelu
02.11.2005, 07:43
I had the same trouble :(
What version of g2 do you have?You need to have the version 1.30 if you have the version 1.31 the same problem will appear . If the game will not install with the version 1.30 then exchange the windows xp with windows 98 then i think it will work ;) and after you installed it you can change the windows back ;)

Petyamester
02.11.2005, 10:52
Uh, this is just too complicated, but it worked for me after I got back the cd. And when I downloaded the addon in 2004, all the problems gone, because I don't need the cd to run the game.

rockfest
02.11.2005, 11:59
I had the same trouble :(
What version of g2 do you have?You need to have the version 1.30 if you have the version 1.31 the same problem will appear . If the game will not install with the version 1.30 then exchange the windows xp with windows 98 then i think it will work ;) and after you installed it you can change the windows back ;)
Lol, can't you use windows compatibility?

Vladix
02.11.2005, 20:40
well i had the same problem,i tryed to reinstal windows with service pack 2 and it dosent work.then i was told that NotR will run on service pack 1.and gues what?it did.my opinion is that you instal windows XP with service pack 1 or even less.

rockfest
02.11.2005, 20:57
well i had the same problem,i tryed to reinstal windows with service pack 2 and it dosent work.then i was told that NotR will run on service pack 1.and gues what?it did.my opinion is that you instal windows XP with service pack 1 or even less.
Actually, i have SP2 and it works just fine.

thewolfro
03.11.2005, 06:14
i finaly managed to go on the old map. The ptoblem that i told you before was encountered the the first and the second time i finished NOTR(long time ago, and i expected to encounter the same problem know), but now seems that Nr. 3 brings me luck. 10x for your replys. I don't realy know what happend there, windows is strange, if they'd make a linux version of gothic i would happly give windows away from my computer. :D

rockfest
03.11.2005, 10:21
There's a thread about that. Maybe someone will fill this info out.

Vladix
03.11.2005, 12:52
Actually, i have SP2 and it works just fine.
realy??????how did you manege that?diden't you encouter any problems with the instalation?pls tell

WernerTWC
03.11.2005, 13:15
realy??????how did you manege that?diden't you encouter any problems with the instalation?pls tell
Well, if you have problems then post something more,... whatīs your prob, on my PC it also runs on SP2.

Ok, in order to help you it would be helpful if you would answer the following
questions (itīs a questions-collection, not specific to your problem, but it helps
to eleminate some possibilities):

- What is your exactly system? (Mainboard, graficcard, etc...)

- Do you ever had run the game before with success?

- Do you made changes at your hardware, add new hardware?

- Do you have ALL drivers updated, mainboard also?

- Do you have updated your operation-system to the newest (all you can get
with the "automatic-windows-update"?

- What is the exactly game-version?

- Have you checked your system for viruses and spyware?

- Do you have uninstalled it (delete the folders also manualy after
deinstallation), restart, install it new?

- (Only for installing-probs): Have you tried it under Windows-Safe-Mode (while booting up press f8)?

- Can you post the error messages or make a screenshot of the problem?

Vladix
03.11.2005, 14:33
-my sist is a athlon XP 2000+,768 RAM,gForce 4 mx 64 MB(AGP 8x),and asus motherbord(don't know the model)
-yes but i had sp1
-no i diden't add new hardwere
-i have all the newest drivers for the motherbord only
-yes i did get all of the drivers for windows
-Version: 1.0b5 for Gothic II Die Nacht des Raben v2.6
-well i don't know if i have any other viruses.i have kaspersky and microsoft antyspyware beta
-yes and it dident work
-i also instald it in safe mod with the same error
-when i start the instalation it tell's me to insert the original CD
p.s:i am playing it on sp 1

WernerTWC
03.11.2005, 16:02
-my sist is a athlon XP 2000+,768 RAM,gForce 4 mx 64 MB(AGP 8x),and asus motherbord(don't know the model)
-yes but i had sp1
-no i diden't add new hardwere
-i have all the newest drivers for the motherbord only
-yes i did get all of the drivers for windows
-Version: 1.0b5 for Gothic II Die Nacht des Raben v2.6
-well i don't know if i have any other viruses.i have kaspersky and microsoft antyspyware beta
-yes and it dident work
-i also instald it in safe mod with the same error
-when i start the instalation it tell's me to insert the original CD
p.s:i am playing it on sp 1

Well, if you really want to install sp2, i think we can solve your probs, BUT an other thing i said often is "never touch a running system",... so if all works fine for you, you shouldnīt install sp2, only if you need it for somewhat.
One guess from me: Do you have installed G2, then the patch 1.05b, AND THEN NotR???
You just have to install g2 as it is on your original-cd, no matter what version, and then NotR, it patches the g2-part of the game automaticly.

Tell me what you want, sp2 or not?!?
If you want to sp2, notice or screenshot every error-message is VERY helpful, cause iīm not a real expert, i think i have a bit knowlege, but not that much, but we have some experts on the german forum, so if everything went wrong, we can ask them, but there are very good FAQs in german i can check in order to help you first.

Vladix
03.11.2005, 18:08
no i don't want sp 2 verry bad.only that sp1 has some holes in the internet protection.never mind....i'll manege with sp1.i just wanted to know if i will reinstall my windows with sp2 then i cood instal NotR on sp2...but i don't need sp2 so badly....thanks anyway for the help

rockfest
03.11.2005, 18:11
no i don't want sp 2 verry bad.only that sp1 has some holes in the internet protection.never mind....i'll manege with sp1.i just wanted to know if i will reinstall my windows with sp2 then i cood instal NotR on sp2...but i don't need sp2 so badly....thanks anyway for the help
IMO you should get an antivirus and update it. Windows internet protection even with that Security Centre can't compete with a good antivirus. If this is the reason you want SP2 then it doesn't worth the trouble.

WernerTWC
03.11.2005, 18:16
IMO you should get an antivirus and update it. Windows internet protection even with that Security Centre can't compete with a good antivirus. If this is the reason you want SP2 then it doesn't worth the trouble.
Well, a antivir-proggy and those windows-security-updates solves different things (viruses/hacker-attacks),.. but every security update from windows fill out a hole in their secure but opens 2 others!
But the hint for a antivirus-proggy is good,... i recommend:

Antivir (http://www.free-av.com/antivirus/allinonen.html) ... itīs totally free. :)

Vladix
03.11.2005, 20:02
Well, a antivir-proggy and those windows-security-updates solves different things (viruses/hacker-attacks),.. but every security update from windows fill out a hole in their secure but opens 2 others!
But the hint for a antivirus-proggy is good,... i recommend:

Antivir (http://www.free-av.com/antivirus/allinonen.html) ... itīs totally free. :)
thanks i'll get it