PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Games worth comparing with Gothic series

rockfest
26.09.2005, 17:36
I know it's a bit out of the subject but I have to think that after gothic 3 we'll have to play other games...Just give your opinion on what game could compare with Gothic.
PS : Sorry for the name of the thread....."worth comparing"

-Jaden-
26.09.2005, 17:41
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Tough opponent, imo. (Not that I'd like to play it. Actually I don't find anything cool in it. Too.. too RPG.)

Sowilo
26.09.2005, 17:44
I played a time ago a trail of "Rune". It was a real god atmosphere close to the fight atmosphere of Gothic. An other of these action-rpgs is Severence Blade of Darkness.

WernerTWC
26.09.2005, 17:50
I know it's a bit out of the subject but I have to think that after gothic 3 we'll have to play other games...Just give your opinion on what game could compare with Gothic.
PS : Sorry for the name of the thread....."worth comparing"
Other games :eek: ????? No man, not me! :D ;)
Well, i play sometimes Tekken4 with a friend,... Tekken5 is released i think, so i will give it a try. Other games i like are the style of games like Mafia, GTA VC & SA... but SA was not that good for me as VC was. (OK, nothing compareable to Gothic, but imho NO game can be compared with Gothic)
But i think there are many really great Mods on their way,... i think the whole next year i only will play games called "Gothic"! :cool:

-Jaden-
26.09.2005, 17:58
You play MTA too, WernerTWC?

WernerTWC
26.09.2005, 18:09
You play MTA too, WernerTWC?
Is this Multi theft auto? I didnīt know about that,... i just found it in google.
Itīs only for VC??? I donīt have VC, i played it by a friend :rolleyes: :D !

-Jaden-
26.09.2005, 18:18
Is this Multi theft auto? I didnīt know about that,... i just found it in google.
Itīs only for VC??? I donīt have VC, i played it by a friend :rolleyes: :D !

yes. yes, it is. it's for GTA3/VC/SA. Very, very cool. Really. :D
You can PM me, if you have questions about it.

Ok.. back to subject? :p

Faby
26.09.2005, 18:42
Dungeon Siege 2.. §danke

rockfest
26.09.2005, 22:12
Dungeon Siege 2.. §danke
Nice game, just finished a couple of days before...and I really cn't wait to play morrowind 4? But it will pass some time before I wil play it....anyway the list is still open....and gta, well it's a very nice game.

Godcrusher
27.09.2005, 11:44
Whell i like Aom allot! And Jedi acedmy and Rome:total war. so those three ;)

rockfest
27.09.2005, 13:43
What about Neverwinter Nights? It's a great game by my opinion....

banzino_gothic
27.09.2005, 15:00
well what about arx fatalis .i played the demo in gothic II it was graet just like gothic . have any one trayed it

WernerTWC
27.09.2005, 15:10
well what about arx fatalis .i played the demo in gothic II it was graet just like gothic . have any one trayed it
Yeah, now as you say it... Arx Fatalis is a great game... yes, iīve played it a long time ago... a cool inovation was how to spell magic ("draw" the rune with the mouse).

DeadlyArrow
27.09.2005, 15:33
Don't know any game compartable with Gothic...
And a question for ppl who played Dungeon Siege 2: is it like DS1? I played DS1 and it wasn't really fine for me, dunno, it was an old game, but i don't like this isometric world, and the story is lenear, did something changed in DS2?

Auroc
27.09.2005, 19:25
I played a time ago a trail of "Rune". It was a real god atmosphere close to the fight atmosphere of Gothic. An other of these action-rpgs is Severence Blade of Darkness.

Yes. I played Rune short after Gothic as well and the fighting-atmosphere is very similar to G1.

Every other RPG or Adventure can rarely compete with Gothic.

Dez
28.09.2005, 02:03
Don't know about you guys, but I'm waiting Oblivion with great anticipation.There are not that many cool rpg-games to be released, so why just stick with one if can play them all? :) I'm just drooling here, while waiting both games. :D

Also you all should check out new Might and Magic game called Might and magic - the dark messiah.The trailers look just pure awesome! I'll hope gothic's fighting system will look as cool :cool: The game just shines coolness!

http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/darkmessiah/teaser/

Faby
28.09.2005, 07:31
DS 2 is a lot better than DS 1,including new features.The story is a simple,with a few..ehm.. twistings(i'm not going to spoil).Well,the graphics look the same to me,but you know what they say:The graphigs dont matter as long as the story is good.You should search in www.rpgdot.com
I think it's great!I wish I could make more statistics,but I didn't finish DS 1.

DeadlyArrow
28.09.2005, 15:36
Thanks, Faby, maybe I'll play DS2. I'm thinking of playing Oblivion after G3, but all it's not the same. I would like to play some game with so great atmosphere like Gothic, you know a game which is different.

-Jaden-
28.09.2005, 15:55
I wonder if Oblivion is going to have full audio speech dialogs now.. and maybe 3d person view. If so, then I'd consider playing it.

rekinu
28.09.2005, 16:42
well, I think next year I will play G3. only G3. I'l try to play Oblivion, and definetly will try to put my hands on Might and Magic as Dez said I watched the trailer and the gameplay and it's interesting.I really liked how he casts spells(he's hands....:D).

Dez
28.09.2005, 17:28
I wonder if Oblivion is going to have full audio speech dialogs now.. and maybe 3d person view. If so, then I'd consider playing it.

Regarding the recent information, both things are confirmed.So like in gothicī, every npc has audio voices.And yes it is possible to switch from first person to third person.So one can totally play the game from first or third person.

Rostas
29.09.2005, 12:37
I have a large list o games id like to play and some of them are rpgs.....Normally ill play gothic 3....but after its appearing in the shops....I will...I will play Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion(A game is not too RPG as some guys say....I like the game very much....but my favorite still remains Gothic series....In my opinion The Gothic Series and The Elder Scrolls series are the best rpg in the world.....Oblivion and Gothic 3 will rock...So I Will play Oblivion(it appers in november 2005)and Gothic 3....dont know exactly the release date...)

rockfest
03.10.2005, 11:33
Don't know any game compartable with Gothic...
And a question for ppl who played Dungeon Siege 2: is it like DS1? I played DS1 and it wasn't really fine for me, dunno, it was an old game, but i don't like this isometric world, and the story is lenear, did something changed in DS2?

Well i have to say that the story is still very liniar...in rest it's a nice game...

DeadlyArrow
03.10.2005, 15:47
Well i have to say that the story is still very liniar...in rest it's a nice game...

That's bad :( I don't like RPG's with linear story

Archibal
03.10.2005, 16:31
Hmmm... I realy liked Arx Fatalis, Morrowind, The Longest Journey....
But Gothic is still the best §danke

Colonelu
05.10.2005, 08:27
To me no game is comparing to gothic is the best game there ever was ;)
But olso i like star wars-knight of the old republic 1,2 , Heroes , Disciples ,Warcraft and more ;)

Yavanna
05.10.2005, 08:34
Hmmm... After I'll play Gothic 3 ( a few times, of course ;) ), I think that I will go with KOTOR 1 and 2, GTA San Andreas, Dungeon Siege 2.
And Prince Of Persia :p . I know it's not a RPG, but I §herz this game.

Faby
05.10.2005, 08:40
I played San Andreas too,Dungeon Siege 2 too(I love it second after Gothic)I never played KOTR or KOTOR or anyway,I dont even know what it means.

Colonelu
05.10.2005, 08:45
KOTOR - Knight of the old republic ;)
Ah and i forgot Gta-san andreas

HyRock
05.10.2005, 09:46
I donīt know what will I do if i get sick of Gothic (hopefully it will never happen)... But my friend told me that "Fable" or something like that was suposed to be good... I gues Iīll play that.

_DieGo_
05.10.2005, 09:51
i think there will be no game like gothic :) .. but i'll try sth new like i always did.. there's always sth new... anyway no game is like gothic, right? §weissnich :p :D ;)

edit: cool avatar HyRock §hehe

rekinu
05.10.2005, 14:40
finished san andreas in 1 week...:D :D played it intense, about 2 months ago ... got sick of it :D :D :D I have to try also Kotor, a neighbour has it (1) and I will get it and play them both, and I will play also Prince of Persia , all three parts (talked to Yavana :D) ....

Godcrusher
05.10.2005, 18:29
finished san andreas in 1 week...:D :D played it intense, about 2 months ago ... got sick of it :D :D :D I have to try also Kotor, a neighbour has it (1) and I will get it and play them both, and I will play also Prince of Persia , all three parts (talked to Yavana :D) ....

There are 3 parts of pop?

rekinu
05.10.2005, 18:57
there are more, but the new serie, starts with the first Sands of Time, the second Warrior Within, and the third willl appear soon, or next year...:D

WernerTWC
05.10.2005, 20:50
there are more, but the new serie, starts with the first Sands of Time, the second Warrior Within, and the third willl appear soon, or next year...:D
The first was on Amiga, i loved this game because it was a great inovation, more movements than ever before and great gameplay! (Now i remember,... but you canīt compare it with the new PoP games, totaly different.)
... old school games ;) :D :p

Yavanna
06.10.2005, 10:14
Yes, there are 3 parts. Prince of Persia The Two Thrones will be released in this december.
I've never seen so many moves in one game :D .

-Jaden-
06.10.2005, 12:29
I remember, when I played Pop 1; 2 on my old 486. :D They were really great.

DeadlyArrow
06.10.2005, 14:38
Never played PoP, but if you say it's a good game, I'll try to play it :D

-Jaden-
06.10.2005, 15:57
Never played PoP, but if you say it's a good game, I'll try to play it :D
Oh, no - you better don't. :D You see.. it WAS a good game. ;) But if you like 2d, then you might try it.

DeadlyArrow
06.10.2005, 16:02
What means WAS?

-Jaden-
06.10.2005, 16:30
What means WAS?
The Prince of Persia 1; 2 were a good game about 10 years ago. I'm sure they still are, but graphics and stuff like that isn't good anymore. I mean CLASSIC Prince of Persia's, which were played with DOS system.

DeadlyArrow
06.10.2005, 16:34
I don't konw anything about it, i just saw PoP in the shop, i think it was 2nd. Never could think they sell such old games

WernerTWC
06.10.2005, 19:56
I don't konw anything about it, i just saw PoP in the shop, i think it was 2nd. Never could think they sell such old games

I was talking about the first PoP, you can download it for free here:

Prince of Persia Download Page (http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/158)

...enjoy! :)

ThorTheViking
07.10.2005, 01:37
I think that at this time we have no game )of the same genre of course) that can compete with gothic, but i fear this will change with the coming of the new Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I also like more action games like prince worrior within. That game has offered me the best acrobatic and action killing experience and i can't wait for pop 3.

Check these gothic-similar games download movies and tell me what you think.

Guild 2
http://www.theguild2.com/
Knights Of The Temple 2
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/knightsofthetemple2/index.html
Elveon
http://www.elveon.com/
Dark messiah
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/darkmessiahofmightmagic/index.html

rockfest
07.10.2005, 09:36
I agree with Thor...Oblivion will be a great game and by my opinion could compete with gothic(even if gothic will always win). But I don't understand one thing...how can you guys mention GTA? I mean, it's not even a rpg...it's a good game...but please....

Yavanna
07.10.2005, 12:21
I agree with Thor...Oblivion will be a great game and by my opinion could compete with gothic(even if gothic will always win). But I don't understand one thing...how can you guys mention GTA? I mean, it's not even a rpg...it's a good game...but please....

I mentioned GTA because this thread doesn't say that the games should only be RPG's. It sais any king of games.

rockfest
07.10.2005, 13:09
I mentioned GTA because this thread doesn't say that the games should only be RPG's. It sais any king of games.

Sorry, you're right...but do you really think that GTA can compare with Gothic?

Yavanna
07.10.2005, 15:16
Sorry, you're right...but do you really think that GTA can compare with Gothic?

Of course not. But I can't play forever Gothic and PoP. I think that Fable - The Lost Chapter will also be a great game.

rockfest
07.10.2005, 15:27
You're right here too....I've played the GTA series....I like them...but not as much as gothic...Sorry for the missunderstanding..

rekinu
07.10.2005, 15:31
well san andreas can't compete with gothic because it isn't the same genre. But GTA has it's own genre , and especially san andreas, revolutioned the game engines, I mean that game has all in one, I mean it really has all in one...except bathroom :D :D (even the landscapes are just...perfect....climb a mountain and walk in the forest...;) ) they have done a great job with this game...;)

rockfest
07.10.2005, 17:10
well san andreas can't compete with gothic because it isn't the same genre. But GTA has it's own genre , and especially san andreas, revolutioned the game engines, I mean that game has all in one, I mean it really has all in one...except bathroom :D :D (even the landscapes are just...perfect....climb a mountain and walk in the forest...;) ) they have done a great job with this game...;)
You're right too...shit....why must you be right? :p

Yavanna
07.10.2005, 17:14

I only played GTA 3 but I still think that GTA is a good game. The new one, San Andreas is very good :D .

rockfest
07.10.2005, 17:46
Ok......so let's turn this in the GTA forum....Ahhhh, just kidding...by the way yavanna i'm borned in 1986 too....i'm in january the 28th...like those pictures too.....are you a girl??? Sorry for the question but once i mistaked a guy called Elie (german) to a girl so.....that's why i'm asking....
Btw: just saw the welcome thread...Nu stiam ca esti din romania...fain....I have something to talk with you....do you have a yahoo id??? for mes....i want to talk with you in private....if you want you can contact me : bunducremus(my id)....or send me an e-mail : bunducremus@yahoo.com

Godcrusher
07.10.2005, 20:06

Whell i must say i hate gta games. The way of play, the atmo the story if it is any...it all sucks.

rockfest
07.10.2005, 21:06
Finnaly...somebody who I agree(well....not totally), but you can't put a game like GTA(even if is the same genre or not).....and another thing....if you really want to compare the two....it wouldn't be fair to compare gothic 2 with GTA SA. Compare it with Gothic 3...The producers give thieir best to create SA. The only difference is that SA was released more early than g3...the guys at Jowood...well you saw the screenshots of what will be....can you compare that with any game?? Give the story of gothic graphics like that(even in SA there are graphics like cartoons) well....you have a game of...I don't know what will the impact on the market will be. The next year will be the gothic year and that's for sure.....If it won't be this way I will leave the forum and never play gothic in my life(the worst punishment)...I'm totally conviced of this...and nobody can get it out of my head....If Oblivion will have the same gameplay like The elder scrolls there will be no competition at all. Gothic will rule 2006. The producers of Oblivion must know of what PB and Jowood will release the next year....They'll have to do their best to compete with g3....my opinion of course....

Godcrusher
08.10.2005, 09:11
Finnaly...somebody who I agree(well....not totally), but you can't put a game like GTA(even if is the same genre or not).....and another thing....if you really want to compare the two....it wouldn't be fair to compare gothic 2 with GTA SA. Compare it with Gothic 3...The producers give thieir best to create SA. The only difference is that SA was released more early than g3...the guys at Jowood...well you saw the screenshots of what will be....can you compare that with any game?? Give the story of gothic graphics like that(even in SA there are graphics like cartoons) well....you have a game of...I don't know what will the impact on the market will be. The next year will be the gothic year and that's for sure.....If it won't be this way I will leave the forum and never play gothic in my life(the worst punishment)...I'm totally conviced of this...and nobody can get it out of my head....If Oblivion will have the same gameplay like The elder scrolls there will be no competition at all. Gothic will rule 2006. The producers of Oblivion must know of what PB and Jowood will release the next year....They'll have to do their best to compete with g3....my opinion of course....

im not comparing gta to gothic. Im just saying that gta sucks in the whole line and even graphics can do no good. The game is a waste of money and your place in hard bite.

rockfest
08.10.2005, 09:49
So...we established a thing : GTA can't compare with gothic...

Yavanna
08.10.2005, 14:50
So...we established a thing : GTA can't compare with gothic...

Gothic is the best :D . GTA... well... I don't hate the game. I've played GTA 3, but I can't compare Gothic with GTA. GTA it's just another game... ;) .

DeadlyArrow
08.10.2005, 22:29
Personally I am not expecting any game being just like Gothic, but I hope it will be different games but also fine in different way. I like games which are not like 100 others but bring something new to you. And while playing Gothic I really felt like living in that world. Now I'm playing Mor (not morrovind!), game of genre "antrax-simulator" and it's fine in some way, not just dumb "kill-run" game :D Also about a year ago I played Suffering, which genre was horror-action and it also was fine and unusual. So I think a good game can be not like Gothic, and even not rpg. I believe it will be some good games after G3, but nothing really compartable, if you got my point.

rockfest
08.10.2005, 23:01
That's a very good point. I never thinked in this way : " where will be good games after games" and I think that you're right...let's hope so...

Lost_cause72
28.11.2005, 04:12
Most definitly the Elder Scrolls series. Morrowind is probably the best game of all times. Might have some weak points but the in-depth freedom of it is beyond anything by a longshot. And the game doesn't just quit at the end like Gothic II does! You can still go around becoming the best at everything, or wiping out entire cities. Oblivion looks like it's gonna be even better, with those weak points fixed.

eXecutioner
28.11.2005, 08:02
Advantages and disadvantages of Morrowind over Gothic

-the game world is bigger than Gothic's [Advantage}
-the bigger world means more loading screens as the game loads each cell (and I think the game has over 1000 cells) [Disadvantage]
-Morrowind doesn't have pre-rendered films like Gothic [Disadvantage - some people love in game movies]
-Morrowind's graphics are a little bit better in some places (like wather) than Gothic's [Advantage]
-The story of Gothic is more believeble than Morrowind's [Advantage]
-Morrowind doesn't have full speach like Gothic
-there are more but I won't start and enumerate them here

All in all Gothic can be compared with the Morrowind franchise but it is a class over the latter.

rockfest
28.11.2005, 17:33
@executioner have you played morrowind?

-Morrowind doesn't have pre-rendered films like Gothic [Disadvantage - some people love in game movies]
It seems you didn't played it because it has a few in-game FMV's.

-The story of Gothic is more believeble than Morrowind's [Advantage]
What part of the Gothic story do you find so believable compared with morrowind's one? The fact that an arch-demon summoned by the orcs has fooled some magicians and made a magical barrier more bigger than it should have been? Ohhh yes....i think i can remember this happening yesterday in my backyard.

-there are more but I won't start and enumerate them he
Just let us know, ok?

- Sorry for the sarcasm but Gothic can not be compared with Morrowind. These two games are different and i just hate it when somebody tries to say that Gothic is better or Morrowind is better. Two games who are very good in their way but not to be COMPARED.

eXecutioner
28.11.2005, 17:42
@executioner have you played morrowind?

Yes I have played Morrowind. I became the Nerevarine - The Chosen (if that is how it is written). But then an evil format came and took my saves away. §cry §cry §cry

Those are INGAME CINEMATICS (with the game engine) and Gothic's are made purely in 3D Studio Max like programs (arguable you can say that Morrowind's engine was made with a 3D program so the two movie types should be the same - well I can say this Gothic's have quality).

What part of the Gothic story do you find so believable compared with morrowind's one? The fact that an arch-demon summoned by the orcs has fooled some magicians and made a magical barrier more bigger than it should have been? Ohhh yes....i think i can remember this happening yesterday in my backyard.

Well that was my opinion. I liked more the story behind the Gothic series than the one of the TES. Sorry man!

Just let us know, ok?
Sure. Gladely.

WernerTWC
28.11.2005, 19:00
- Sorry for the sarcasm but Gothic can not be compared with Morrowind. These two games are different and i just hate it when somebody tries to say that Gothic is better or Morrowind is better. Two games who are very good in their way but not to be COMPARED.
Maybe you over-interpreted his totally OnTopic-post.

He said:

All in all Gothic can be compared with the Morrowind franchise but it is a class over the latter.
That sounds for me that he likes Gothic more than MW.
I can feel like you about comparing Gothic with other games, because i think gothic has an unique "look and feel", but thatīs only my opinion, but why not let him and other users compare it, if they like?
When i reading other forums, and i see a topic which i donīt like, i donīt post in it! ;) :)

rockfest
28.11.2005, 19:13
That sounds for me that he likes Gothic more than MW.
I can feel like you about comparing Gothic with other games, because i think gothic has an unique "look and feel", but thatīs only my opinion, but why not let him and other users compare it, if they like?
When i reading other forums, and i see a topic which i donīt like, i donīt post in it!
You think that i was mean with him? When i see a post wich i don't agree I give my opinion. Maybe the person can learn something from what I'm trying to say. Maybe he figures out that he was wrong or something like that. *click* (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=1538338&#post1538338) to see a similar situation. Perhaps I'm wrong about this, perhaps i'm a little hard to understand. I think I'll take a break to clear my mind before i post any other stupid things. :(

eXecutioner
28.11.2005, 19:19
Hey Rockfest I do like youre critics :p.

But you should also know:

"Gustibus non discutatum" - something like "We do not discuss tastes"

WernerTWC
28.11.2005, 19:52
I think I'll take a break to clear my mind before i post any other stupid things. :(
Nice thread over there! :)
Hey, you didnīt post something stupid, only a little harsh, and i was givin only my opinion about that.
See it like that: If it were not so harsh, maybe more like a question, all can start to discuss (and thatīs imho OnTopic) about, is Gothic comparable or not to other games?
And i want see the users discuss in here! :D
So, this is all only a little, frindly hint. And please donīt take too much break, i would miss your great assistance in here too much! :)

So, back to topic:

- What do you all think, is Gothic comparable or not to other games?

- And whatīs your opinion, is it good to compare it to other games?

_DieGo_
29.11.2005, 07:25
So, back to topic:
- What do you all think, is Gothic comparable or not to other games?
from the games i played in my life i found in gothic everything, i can't say that i found a better game, IMO he is not comparable to other games, it's true that there are this adversars :D NWN, Morrowind, PoP etc, but i still think that gothic is the best, anyway it's just my opinion...

- And whatīs your opinion, is it good to compare it to other games?
i don't understand this question, is it good??? IMO it's good to compare games, to see which is better etc., anyway i don't get the question :confused:...

eXecutioner
29.11.2005, 07:41
Werner is trying to say that "is it good to compare games" as in is it "wise" to compare diferent games.

IMO it is good but Morrowind and Gothic are closer than say Gothic & PoP ( :eek: PoP compared to Gothic? From what point).

Both are RPG's.
Both have big playable worlds with many quests and caracters.
Both game's developers are in Germany :p.

I'll have 2 think about more.

§burn Apropo azi incepe scoala. Nu stiu daca sa ma bucur sau sa fiu trist. §burn

_DieGo_
29.11.2005, 07:50
"IMO it is good but Morrowind and Gothic are closer than say Gothic & PoP ( :eek: PoP compared to Gothic? From what point). "
from yavanna's point :D :D :D...
"Werner is trying to say that "is it good to compare games" as in is it "wise" to compare diferent games."
oh, well as i said above IMO it's wise...
"§burn Apropo azi incepe scoala. Nu stiu daca sa ma bucur sau sa fiu trist. §burn"
don't speak in other language, the people here would go mad :D
let's explain a bit :D in our country there was a revolt(i don't know if it's the right word) from our teachers because or their pays and till yesterday 3 weeks we stad home :D and today our "holyday" is over so we have to go to school which is baaaaaad :D :D :D

eXecutioner
29.11.2005, 07:57
The education sindicated in Romania held a strike for three weeks and a day since they whanted 6% of Romanian PIB (all the money the state collects from honest citisenz - don't know the english word for it) and to make theyre salaries from 2006 biger with 23%. Yesterday they got 5% of PIB and 12% on salary growth. Thus ended the strike and we all have to go to school today.

Sorry for spamming :rolleyes:.

rikus
29.11.2005, 12:38
games that can be compared to gothic:
graphically-morrowind, gameplay of course not.
non-linearity- fallout 1 and 2, which are much better in non-linearity but graphically would be considered a laugh today.

quest-wise:any adventure from lucasarts, you've got to admit it also has the sense of a quest inside, and not just tasks here and there.

in general i would say fallout resembles gothic the most, not neverwinter nights at all, because the combat system there is diffrent completely, PoV etc..

when you compare something you got the address the important elements that constitutes a game, if you don't do that i think you are just adding to internet spam.. :p

MladjanDJ
29.11.2005, 15:52
Two games who are very good in their way but not to be COMPARED.
Why,they are different totaly diferent but they are good top rpgs,lets say how are you gona know wich is better Video Card nVIDIA or ATI.Different manufacturer,differente way of built and all of thouse technic bullshit,I know you are going to compare it.

the game world is bigger than Gothic's [Advantage}
Not always sometimes I get wery bored with stupid walking to not very good landscape-to simplefied.

the bigger world means more loading screens as the game loads each cell (and I think the game has over 1000 cells) [Disadvantage]
True,thats anoying it loads every few minutes

Morrowind doesn't have pre-rendered films like Gothic [Disadvantage - some people love in game movies]

Ok it has them but HEY did anybody wacht them beter that they dont exist.

Morrowind's graphics are a little bit better in some places (like wather) than Gothic's [Advantage]
I'am not agreed with this,yes water is beter but what else-nothing,and what Gothic has beter everything.Do you remember beautiful forest in gothic-yes,imagine the forest in morrovind-you cant just a few three and that is the forest in morrovind and also View of range is too small in morrowind.

The story of Gothic is more believeble than Morrowind's [Advantage]
Corection"The story of Gothic is better than Morrowinds"but Morrowind isnt bad too.

Morrowind doesn't have full speach like Gothic
For me thats crucial
You get the point I love gothic and hate Morrowind,you are wrong I dont hate Morrowind I just dont appreciate it much as Gothic,in the thread top 5 games morrowind is at fifth place of my favorite
ElderScrols 1-3 Gothic IMO :p §rofl

DeadlyArrow
29.11.2005, 16:05
The thing which i hate in Morrowind is stupid dialogs. It isn't so bad that they aren't animated but why all ppl in this huge world say the same things?! For me Morr is too big, but in some way it's quite a good game, but personally i can't even compare it with Gothic! (no offence ;) )

rekinu
29.11.2005, 16:08
If it's unique then don't compare it with other games. This is my opinion. What is the point of comparing 2 different games ? There is no point :p

Every game has it's special thing, and there isn't one game that is over all games...(except gothic .... :D:D <joke>)

Haitham
29.11.2005, 16:53
Well, Dungeon Lords is a great game.

And also i compare other type games, like Age of Mythology Both Series and Age of Empires, also Rise of Nations! :)

But still, Gothic is the best game [RPG] Forever! :D

_DieGo_
29.11.2005, 17:11
And also i compare other type games, like Age of Mythology Both Series and Age of Empires, also Rise of Nations! :)

yes, these are good games, but as strategies, gothic is very different from those so i think they can't be compared :) i think you can add in your list Empire Eatrh too :D i like this strategie the most :)...

WernerTWC
29.11.2005, 18:04
Hi rikus and §welcome to the forum!

Read and follow the "Netiquette" , click this link (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/announcement.php?f=160&announcementid=39) to read it.
Please avoid double-posts, spamming, illegal-stuff and things like that.

but graphically would be considered a laugh today.

Well, when you take this from the technical point of view, then you are right. But imo even Gothic 1 grafics still looking nice, and good enough to create such an atmosphere.

BTW.:
And feel free to post somnething into the welcome-thread (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=84056) about you!

rikus
29.11.2005, 23:20
ok but that's not the point, is it?

the fact is that most RPG's now completely ignore the elder community that still wish for great games they used to play when they were younger(30 is old no?). that's why gothic is talking to a wider audiance because its not childish...mostly..

neverwinter is, baldur's gate less, morrowind has no dialogs in sense that they make any, and fallout-arcanum are the only games that has decent dialogs, oh and convincing speeches too..

sad but true.
its a fact.

take fable, great game-but don't you think its just alittle childish?

then again, i'm sorry to say that besides these black isle games(a company which broke down how ironic for the industry) the RPG industry hasn't been doing too well. even dungeon master(a game from 1988) has more depth than most RPG's out there.

HuH
01.12.2005, 02:39
Well for me game that are on same scale as gothic, are game that ive pass at least 3 time:

Deus Ex 1 (i dont remember seeing it mentioned)
Baldur Gate 2
Might and Magic 7 and 8
Heroes of might and magic 3
Civilization 4
Morrowind
Enclave

Petyamester
01.12.2005, 12:19
Welcome, HuH, to the forum.
I think i will play SW Ep 3 on PC, if they are going to release a PC version of it, or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. if it really becomes a game.

rockfest
01.12.2005, 12:29
First i would like to wish you §welcome here on the forum. Secondly you could have a look at the Netiquette (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/announcement.php?f=208&announcementid=53) and try to remember that double-posts should be avoided. That should be all for your welcome. :D
Just forgot, write something about you in the Welcome (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=84056&goto=lastpost) thread.

I've played that game a long time ago and if i can remember well it was a revelation for games at that time. Altough it is a FPS and gothic is a RPG but your opinion is respected. ;)

Baldur Gate 2
Needles to say that it has the reputation of one of the greatest RPG's in the history of games but...well i like gothic because it's an action RPG(that's why i've put gothic in the 1st place,morrowin in the 2nd place and NWN in the 3rd place).

Heroes of might and magic 3
;) I've used to be good at this game(played it for an year or something like that) but I've got bored of it but that doesn't mean that it's not worthy to compare with gothic. :D

Morrowind
Nothing more here to say...if you wanna know my opinion just search for apropiate threads....you'll sure find me in there. :p

Enclave
I friend of mine spoked very high of this game. Actually he was kinf of annoying at one time and i agreed to give me the cd's for a time so i could try it. Maybe if he wouldn't been so annyoing i would have gave that game a chance... :confused: is that good?
About the other games i only heard of but i don't have anything to comment on them. If you think they should be in here then it means that they are good.

MladjanDJ
01.12.2005, 14:19
"Enclave"
Not a bad game but very linear and its not rpg but it would be a great one.
I like the most in the game when a hero goes to a city who looks like a roman empire and soldiers look like a roman soldiers thats very nice.

HuH
01.12.2005, 21:29
Thank for welcome

well in my list it wasnt 100% rpg but for:

Quote:

I've played that game a long time ago and if i can remember well it was a revelation for games at that time. Altough it is a FPS and gothic is a RPG but your opinion is respected.

It can be call an rpg not a medieval one but in future because for me rpg is a game that i have more than 1 way to resolve a puzzle in the game and that you can customize your character by: lvl system, skill, skin in game etc... so for me Deus Ex is in my rpg category even if not the classic Fantasy Rpg game.

For enclave well it is a linear game, but that game gave me alot of fun by doing it the first in Good side with a choice of class and after passing the game you can redo it, but on evil side with evil counter-part class and story that you do evil before the good pass ex: in a certain mission on bright side you have to free a princess but on evil one you have to capture it in her home.

SkySaint
01.12.2005, 22:06
Hm... to compare a game with Gothic thats hard :D
1.Diablo lord of destruction(a'm a BIG fan of this game but not bigger than Gothic:D)
2.Heroes of might and magic #eny
3.DeusEX
4.WorldOfWarcraft
5.Warcraft:FrozenThrone
and Rockfest and _DieGo_ bună ziua! ( §list hope i wrote it good)

rockfest
01.12.2005, 22:10
and Rockfest and _DieGo_ bună ziua! ( hope i wrote it good)
§xlol That's funny....it's very good. But now it's bună seara(seara=evening)
And to be on-topic :
5.Warcraft:FrozenThrone
Nice game. I finished the original and this expansion...a very good game.

Dez
02.12.2005, 23:27
I allways tend to recommand deus ex if someone asks some rpg-game which is similar to gothic.

Few reasons why I'm doing so.

1) The combat happens in real-time and it is echanted with stats. Player plays the game, not a game itself. Atleast this is my philosophy when choosing games. Some rpg-puritans may say that only with huge amount of stats can the rpg-game simulate roleplay. I do say they are so so wrong. For me rpg is all about making choises, not spending all my time in the stats screen.
Also I find it utterly hard to imagine that i'm present in the gameworld when i just point and click, and then observe something happening on the screen.

2). The world feels alive and beliaveable. I bet anyone who has played DX can remember places such as hell's citchen, battery park or hongkong's market.

3) Characters are all memorable. Max chen, Alex Jacobson, walton simons, Gunther hermann, Anna nevarre, paul denton, lui pan etc...
Well they all are real persons, not just random npcs.

4) All the dialogs are voice-acted. For me this is a very important aspect. It is downright silly to imagine that i'm having a discussion with someone when there is no sound. Its perfectly fine from the developers to put books, notes and letters in game, but when people are speaking. it must be done via voice, not via text.

5) The freedom how to proceed is overwhelming. For example during the early part of the game you are ordered to find the nsfs power generator and shut it down, but how you accomplish this this is up to you.

wekillyou5
19.12.2008, 03:35
fallout (1 and 2)
and both parts of ultima 7

Dino
19.12.2008, 05:04
^Man, you dug up some year-old threads. :rolleyes:

ANYWAY....
Fable, Morrowind, Oblivion and Gooka(not really)

Huntsman
24.12.2008, 14:46
Oh well, now that this baby is back from a 3-year-old sleep, I might as well give a suggestion of my own.

Nox

For those who haven't played it, looking at the screenshots won't be very revealing as to why I think it's similar to Gothic. The reasons are following:

3 class choices: like in Gothic, here you also have a choice of three classes and each has a separate storyline; this means you'll want to replay it at least three times, I've done it around 10 times
it's an action RPG, though the isometric camera view may lead you into thinking otherwise; plays very smoothly actually
somehow it has a certain *carefree, witty* charm that Gothic also has
graphics are still eye-pleasing
provides the perfect amount of challenge