PDA

View Full Version : [Release] Gothic II - Community Patch v2.0

Tratos
14.05.2010, 00:53
The newest installment of our G2 patches is here. You can download it from the WoG Server. Click (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=165).

It contains several fixes, a couple of balance changes and the long awaited texture package from Colmar.

Not much has been done for the alternative balancing though, the patch is mostly technical. The next version will have a lot more done in the way of re-balancing the game.

Multi-lingual support note: There have been a few changes implemented for the english subs. (translations from german)

If you wish to use the patch with a different localization, make a backup of the ou.bin file and then replace the one created by the patch with it.

Best Regards,
IronKeep Studios

Changelog: __Patch v 2.0__

- Fixed bug in Biff's dialoge that caused it to be replayed infinitely, if the hero was close enough.
- Translated a german line from Biff's dialoge into English.
- Fixed rudimentary error with the quest of clearing the Bandits from the Pirates' Tower.
- Fixed bug in Pardos' dialoge - if the hero chooses to give him an elixir of healing, he will correctly do so, instead of giving him 3 Small Healing Potions.
- Fixed the calculation of XP received, when pickpocketing certain individuals, now changed to NotR system. (Cavalorn, Franco, Francis, Valentino, Salandril, Dobar, Engor)
- Nameless will now receive experience, when adding Lester and Lares as crewmembers.
- Restored Monster Values to Original NotR ones.
- Stunt bonus XP changed from 1000 back to the original 100. (not in alternative balancing)
- Changed incorrect waypoint for Orc Elites in several places in the OldWorld.

__Patch v 1.0b__

- Fixed the Orc Elite AI bug.

__Patch v 1.0a__

- Fixed improperly equipped armor on certain individuals.
- More dialogue fixes.
- Improved FOV/Camera System. Widescreen Resolution Improvements.
- Improved Combat AI.
- Sekob is no longer immortal, so he is not unbeatable upon completion of the "Sekob Misses His Wife" quest.
- The two strongest two-handers in the game (Dragon Slicer & Berserker’s Axe) can no longer be bought in stores, you must actually adventure to find them ;). Don't worry though, you shouldn't have to go too far out of your way.

__Patch v 1.0__

- Fixed several text and dialogue errors.
- Certain Lines in Vatras & Lares' dialogue are now in English.
- Appraising your Goldmining Ability is now in English.
- A few more XP Bonuses.
- On the quest to get Thorben's approval, getting a blessing from Isgaroth now gives you a 100 XP bonus.
- The Stunt Bonus is now 1000 XP.
- Joining Morgan's and/or Henry's Raiding Troop now grants a 50 XP Bonus.
- Toughened up the Black Wolf of the Novice Quest, Boars & Field Raiders now yield 100 XP when killed, Ice Wolves now yield 250 XP.
- Fire Devils, and Shadowbeast Skeletons are now slightly tougher.
- Bartok is tougher, so it's less difficult to keep him alive on the "Furs for Bosper" Quest.
- Giant Rats are tougher than Young Giant Rats. Wolves, Minecrawlers, Bloodflies, Snappers, and Razors now have stats similar to Gothic I.
- Lares can now provide the Simple Way to join all 3 guilds.
- Fixed the notorious "Stuck Ornament Bug" with Lares.
- Fixed a bug with the Bandit's Tower Quest.
- Fixed the bug where the Dragons occasionally yield no trophies.
- The Orc Attack Video no longer crashes the game.

Alternative Balancing changelog: Note: The alternative balancing mod contains all the fixes included in the normal patch. Everytime a new version is released, both the standard and alternative versions will get updated accordingly.

__Patch v 2.0__

- Restored Monster Values to Original NotR ones. (for the purposes of a bigger overhaul in the next version)

__Patch v 1.0b__

<No Changes>

__Patch v 1.0a__

- LP costs rebalanced.
- Bosper sells new Bows.
- The Claw of Beliar has been rescaled.
- Betty now does as much damage as the Ore Dragon Slayer.
- Rod’s Two-Hander does as much damage as a Rough Two-Hander.
- Erol and Rengaru now provide +3 Strength/Dexterity Bonuses, respectively.
- The Fencing Sabre is available from Hakon, and a new weapon, the Katana, can be purchased from Fisk.
- New Staves are available from Kronos.
- Ambient XP Caps Removed, you will always get a +250 XP Bonus.
- Pepe’s Quest will now generate actual wolves, instead of Young Wolves.
- Several monsters now have unique strengths and weaknesses, which you will need to think about in order to defeat them.
- Monsters have all been toughened up.

New LP Costs:

Training STR/DEX/MANA from 10-60 costs 1 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 60-120 costs 2 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 120-180 costs 3 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 180-240 costs 4 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 240-300 costs 5 LP/Skill Point

LP costs for combat training are unaffected. Only certain teachers will be able to train you to this new maximum, you’ll just have to find them. With the aid of stat boosters (stone tablets, potions, etc.) your attributes can potentially be raised to the absolute limit of 400.

Damage Table for Rescaled Claw of Beliar:

Player Claw 1H 2H
Level Level Dmg Dmg
----------------------------------
<=11 1 100 110
11 2 101 111
13 3 102 112
15 4 103 113
17 5 104 114
19 6 105 115
21 7 106 116
23 8 107 117
25 9 108 118
27 10 109 119
29 11 110 120
31 12 111 121
33 13 112 122
35 14 113 123
37 15 114 124
39 16 115 125
41 17 116 126
43 18 117 127
45 19 118 128
47 20 120 130

__Patch v 1.0__

- No alternative balancing created.

WernerTWC
14.05.2010, 00:58
Detailed changelogs are included.

Why not posted in here?

Tratos
14.05.2010, 10:27
Why not posted in here?

Automatic internet shutdown at 23:00. No time.

Now, on the other hand, I can edit my first post.

KGS
15.05.2010, 22:58
good job... i'd rather wait for the balance changes though :gratz

Ergopad
17.05.2010, 02:19
Nice! :D

Is the widescreen issue fixed also? In v1.0a when you load the savegame, the fov is incorrect until you start a dialog...

PaulMuadDibUsul
17.05.2010, 11:50
Hello, I'm new around here :)

I have a question concerning this Wide screen resolution improvements. When I set a higher resolution (i.e. 1280x720 if I remember correctly) the game crashes because it does not load some of the textures. Will this patch fix this?
And another thing - in G1 i can set any resolution, in G2NoTR I can set only some of them. Is this the problem that this patch fixes.

RobinHood 13.
17.05.2010, 12:56
Nice, I especially like attribute lp cost has been reduced (don't increase as fast).
Although, mages will be nerfed more compared to melee.
Maybe mana can stay at what you assigned there, but let strength and dex
go from:
1-45 1lp
45-90 2lp
90-135 3lp
and so on.

Still, this all depends on what future plans you have though.

Also the bug where you could train to 29, then raise to 34 using only 5lp points, should be removed, although that might not be possible for you.

firefly1981
17.05.2010, 14:15
question my good sir, does this patch truly fix the global orc elites freeze in valley of mines?

Tratos
17.05.2010, 19:35
Also the bug where you could train to 29, then raise to 34 using only 5lp points, should be removed, although that might not be possible for you.

Certainly planned, but will be bloody difficult to do.

question my good sir, does this patch truly fix the global orc elites freeze in valley of mines?

If you are referring to the bug, where the Elite wouldn't engage you at all, then yes, it has been fixed. They should attack you now.

Korianous
17.05.2010, 19:50

Not a bug so much as an exploit. The way the PBs have LP costs apportioned would make this a bit tedious to fix though.

RobinHood 13.
17.05.2010, 23:32
Certainly planned, but will be bloody difficult to do.

Not a bug so much as an exploit. The way the PBs have LP costs apportioned would make this a bit tedious to fix though.

Well, it's a bug that can be exploited;). It's not meant to be there.

The logical would be to just remove the 5lp conversations options, or when training 5 points, add a check to see if this conflicts with an lp cost increase, just as your lp is checked to see if you have enough.

There's several ways to do such a check. The simplest would be modulo,
but how it works varies.
So you could use the following:

int nextLpIncrease = ((attribute/30)+1 )*30;
if( nextLpIncrease - attribute < 5 ) don't allow 5 increase option
Remember, attribute/30 must be an int division down to closest int number.
Should be the standard I think.

Example 1 (26lp):
nextLpIncrease = ((26/30)+1)*30 = (0+1)*30 = 30

if( 30 - 26 < 5) = if( 4 < 5) = true (5 increase dialog not run)
(if 25, then we would get "5 < 5" which is false)

Example 2 (89lp):
nextLpIncrease ((89/30)+1)*30 = (2+1)*30 = 90
if( 90 - 89 < 5 ) = if( 1 < 5 ) = true (5 increase dialog not run)

(if attribute were 90, then nextLpIncrease would have been 120, which would give "30 < 5" which would be false)

PaulMuadDibUsul
18.05.2010, 15:58
Can I post some minor bugs here? Or is there another topic for that?

Dimus
18.05.2010, 16:12
Can I post some minor bugs here? Or is there another topic for that?

Yes, but you can post bugs in the especially created Ironkeep Community Patch bugtracker (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=598812) thread.

Tolknaz
19.05.2010, 13:11
Nice! :D

Is the widescreen issue fixed also? In v1.0a when you load the savegame, the fov is incorrect until you start a dialog...

Ditto. This was easily the most annoying thing about playing Gothic 2 for me ever since i first bought a widescreen monitor. Until i installed Windows 7 at least (now i can't play the game at all until Nvidia fixes its damn driver or until i get an ATI card). Interestingly Gothic I does not seem to have any of such screen stretching issues when you set a widescreen resolution. Setting one is a bit harder though.

Epsilonn
19.05.2010, 23:51
Hi all!
I have two problems.
1. I had the v1.0a unofficial patch installed wit AB and I saved the game just in front of some orc elites (to see if the v2.0 patch would correct the AI bug). Then, I exited the game, I installed the patch, I reentered the game again and, after I loaded the game, the bug was still present; the orc elites were behaving like before; like some mindless creatures...
Then, I exited the game and deleted the Alternative Balancing file to remove AB from the game and the bug was, again, still present...
So, is there something I got wrong?

2. The graphics looks smoother and better but there is this glitch with the sky...in some places, in some angles, when I look at the sky, I can see a small "stain" that looks like an extra texture that shouldn't be there and it's coloured in light blue (lighter than the sky blue)...but, again, it's small and it appears only in certain situations...but it is noticeable...

Please help!

Tratos
21.05.2010, 11:12
Hi all!
I have two problems.
1. I had the v1.0a unofficial patch installed wit AB and I saved the game just in front of some orc elites (to see if the v2.0 patch would correct the AI bug). Then, I exited the game, I installed the patch, I reentered the game again and, after I loaded the game, the bug was still present; the orc elites were behaving like before; like some mindless creatures...
Then, I exited the game and deleted the Alternative Balancing file to remove AB from the game and the bug was, again, still present...
So, is there something I got wrong?

You've got to start a new game (with 2.0) to get the fix.

2. The graphics looks smoother and better but there is this glitch with the sky...in some places, in some angles, when I look at the sky, I can see a small "stain" that looks like an extra texture that shouldn't be there and it's coloured in light blue (lighter than the sky blue)...but, again, it's small and it appears only in certain situations...but it is noticeable...

Please help!

Screenshot please.

Epsilonn
21.05.2010, 14:37
http://img295.imageshack.us/i/96954109.jpg/

http://img444.imageshack.us/i/23142014.jpg/

I shot two screens in a certain place in two different angles. This also occurs almost anywhere else and it's only the sky.

GoG4o
29.05.2010, 12:03
hi there - i have a question

will there be possible bugs if the game (Gothic 2 Gold 2.7 eng) is patched with http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=122 after it was already patched by ICP 2.0 ?

NCONiall
30.05.2010, 13:35
Does it include all your previous patches as well?

Larisa
30.05.2010, 14:39
hi there - i have a question

will there be possible bugs if the game (Gothic 2 Gold 2.7 eng) is patched with http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=122 after it was already patched by ICP 2.0 ?

On the link you provided there are 2 files that can be downloaded (yes, it's a little confusing). If you click on "Download", you'll get gothic2-1.30.0.0 which is good only for G2 classic, without NotR. The link below 'mirrors', to gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0 is the right one if you have also NotR installed (like in your case with G2 Gold)

Putting this last file should make no difference, since ICP 2.0 also installs this file, so now you should be mod ready (I guess that's why you need the 2.6 fix version).

GoG4o
30.05.2010, 16:41
yes, i meant 2.6.0.0 fix; but i don't need it anymore; anyway, if there is no difference i guess i should expect the same bugs ahead like before... (yes, my previous save was ruined)

COma4ever
30.05.2010, 17:53
if I have a fresh install G2(vanilla) and NotR, can i install this patch and start playing or do I have to install some other patches/fixes/whatever ?

also I'm running a 64-bit Windows 7. :( Is it compatible?

Epsilonn
30.05.2010, 18:07
What about my problem with the two screenshots I posted above? Is this common or is it only me?

Larisa
30.05.2010, 18:12
if I have a fresh install G2(vanilla) and NotR, can i install this patch and start playing or do I have to install some other patches/fixes/whatever ?

It shouldn't require anything else than what you currently have.

COma4ever
30.05.2010, 18:56
sigh, won't enter game. tried compatibilities and run as administrator, didn't work.
I'm soooooooooooom tempted to dual-boot right now ... don't have the space though.

GoG4o
30.05.2010, 19:29
so, just asking, is anyone experiencing the same bugs as me? They are:

when i recieve items from npc's, it says "Stewreceived" instead of "Stew received", or "Militia swordreceived" instead of "Militia sword received" - examples; also, Orlan (the owner of the Tavern "The Dead Harpy") will equip the strongest weapon after the Nameless asks for trade; Orlan equips some huge axe that does around 150 dmg i think; the same stuff with Martin - he equips "Master Sword" after the Nameless looks into his inventory; when talking to Constantino about apprenticeship, for a moment a dialogue is shown in german (w/o voice) instead of english + voice; when the Nameless goes to a stove to fry meat, the player has to click "left control" to fry a single piece of meat - but i press left control (and hold it) and then i spam the "W" button so that the Nameless can continue frying w/o stopping - he takes the pan to fry and when i spam "W" he takes it back and then again takes it to the stove to fry - the first time the pan is visible, afterwards the pan becomes invisible, but still the meat is being fried; i bet there are a lot more - i even sometimes feel this patch makes my game a bit more buggy :dnuhr: ; i also saw in my game the bug Epsilonn is talking about - but it's no big deal

Larisa
30.05.2010, 20:58
I'm soooooooooooom tempted to dual-boot right now ... don't have the space though.

XP + game shouldn't take more than 5-6GB.

And, do you have an nvidia video card?

COma4ever
31.05.2010, 10:03
yes, but t's the same one i had on xp when i was playing g2

Larisa
31.05.2010, 14:55
Windows 7 + nvidia + G1 or G2 = trouble. Most people can't start the game, the game crashes or there are major graphic bugs. So it's not an ICP bug.

it says "Stewreceived" instead of "Stew received", or "Militia swordreceived" instead of "Militia sword received"

I've seen this with Velaya at the translating stage. It's something from the scripts, a space should be after the %item or before "received" or "given".

GoG4o
01.06.2010, 10:13
alright guys; i'm going to write a wall of text now, but, please, for the sake of this patch, read it

okay, i used this patch over the game Gothic 2: NotR (Gothic 2 Gold) version 2.7 (eng); the major bugs i noticed before entering the addon world were that almost every merchant will equip the strongest weapon (sword, bow, crossbow) after the Nameless has seen it via trade or "show me your wares"; i even noticed in the Old World, in the castle, some paladin Sargarath or something like that, has equipped himself with sword, bow AND crossbow at the same time (2 ranged weapon at the same time); also, dunno if it is a bug, but when the Nameless asks Lares to go to see Saturas to give him the ornament, when exiting town, if by chance the Nameless and Lares stumble upon a Seeker, Lares ignores him - but if the Nameless fights him, Lares pulls back a bit and begins to cheer... "Yeah, get him!", "Hit him!" - i mean, c'mon, i'm fighting a demonic being and he's cheering and having fun?! Also... when you transform into a beast via some scroll and you pass by some npc, the npc will begin to shoot you with something (spell or bow) or at least chase you and when you're out of reach, they will naturally stop to chase you - and, after you transform back into human and go back to see the npc... the npc will attack you although you're in human form... oh yeah... that bug broke my previous save because i passed by Saturas and the other magicians in the addon world in wolf form... after that i came back as a human and they fireballed the hell out of me... i couldn't talk to neither of them and therefore i couldn't complete the addon world... gee... thanks..

anyway, till addon world, everything was kinda acceptable; in the addon world, when i go to the pirates camp, and i go to see Skip for example, after some talking, i have the option "About Angus and Hank" - and if i click it, the Nameless says that he knows what happened to them, that they are dead; but here's the thing, after entering the addon world, i went STRAIGHT to the pirates camp and i do not have even the slightest idea of what has happened to them... and yet, the Nameless knows? And after going to the banidts camp (wearing their vest), i come across Sancho who's saying that "I have done in Franco" and that i'm really badass because after him i have also "done in Carlos"... i mean... dude... they are both alive - i HAVE NOT killed them ... i didn't even meet them yet, yet this prick says that "I've done them in..." ?!?!? After that i go to see Tom in the nearby cave - after some talking, i have the option to tell him that "Esteban is dead" - again, Esteban is ALIVE and i didn't even meet him yet... c'mon ? wtf is that? After entering the bandits' camp i come across Senyan who begins to talk to me about 'how wanted am i" - i end the conversation and approach Emilio who's right behing Senyan sitting on some bench; Emilio's like "You killed Senyan!" - oh well oh.... Senyan is alive and right in front of him, and yet this dude says that i have killed him... ?!?! The same **** with Thorus, after talking to him, he's like "Now what", Nameless "What?", Thorus: "You killed Bloodwyn, and i'm wandering who's next, me or Raven?" - Thorus, dude, i have not even met Bloodwyn yet... how could've i killed him? Also, the teleporter stones do not work - after i place a focus stone on the pedestal and try to teleport, nothing happens except for some blue light coming from the teleporter stone..

so, please answer, i hope i'm not alone with this, maybe gamebreaking bug

edit - by the way, i reinstalled the game and i will try it this time w/o your patch to see if this bug in the addon world is present

edit 2 - alright, i installed it and w/o your patch; i went to see Skip to see if i can tell him what happened to Angus and Hank w/o knowing it, and i don't have that option - in other words, it seems to be ok, w/o such foreshadowing bugs - i don't have the option to tell Tom that Esteban is dead and Sancho greets me usually (not saying that i have killed Franco although i have not met Franco yet); also, the teleporter stones work perfectly without your patch; so, guys, your patch is making the game even more buggy? Why's that for? honestly... the only good thing about your patch seems to be the texture package...

and last, but not least, i have a question - is there a way to install ONLY the Alternative Balancing (15.1mb) and Texture Pack (37.9mb) WITHOUT the buggy Patch Core Files (32.9mb) ?

Korianous
01.06.2010, 17:10
alright guys; i'm going to write a wall of text now, but, please, for the sake of this patch, read it
Reading. Btw, the stuff in your first post (item duplicating w/frying pan, NPCs equipping the strongest weapon) was not introduced by us, they were known issues before the patches. On that note, please let us know what version of the patch it is you are using.

... Lares pulls back a bit and begins to cheer... "Yeah, get him!", "Hit him!" - i mean, c'mon, i'm fighting a demonic being and he's cheering and having fun?!

Looking into this.

oh yeah... that bug broke my previous save because i passed by Saturas and the other magicians in the addon world in wolf form... after that i came back as a human and they fireballed the hell out of me... i couldn't talk to neither of them and therefore i couldn't complete the addon world... gee... thanks..
Also another issue that people have reported without the patch. It's a flaw in how NPCs are set to hostile. The solution is not to be in animal form while near settlements really, but something we want to look into regardless.

anyway, till addon world, everything was kinda acceptable; in the addon world, when i go to the pirates camp...
This stuff is all issues I have never heard about before, kind of peculiar because I didn't change stuff in the places where you're having problems.

honestly... the only good thing about your patch seems to be the texture package...
Sorry you feel that way chap. But let's understand something here. We are a small team and we work on this in our spare time and out of the goodness of our hearts. Occasionally stuff will go wrong, and we try to fix it.

and last, but not least, i have a question - is there a way to install ONLY the Alternative Balancing (15.1mb) and Texture Pack (37.9mb) WITHOUT the buggy Patch Core Files (32.9mb) ?
Nope, sorry. You might want to try and roll back to 1.0a (with the hotfix), while we see what's what, and let us know if you're still having the same problems.

Tratos
01.06.2010, 18:18
Does it include all your previous patches as well?

Yes.

yes, i meant 2.6.0.0 fix; but i don't need it anymore; anyway, if there is no difference i guess i should expect the same bugs ahead like before... (yes, my previous save was ruined)

There is a slight technical difference between 2.7 and 2.6. In 2.7, the engine reads the output units (dialoge subtitles) from the ou.dat file, yet in the 2.6 version, it reads them from the ou.bin file. For most mods and for this patch as well, the ou.bin standard is used.

What about my problem with the two screenshots I posted above? Is this common or is it only me?

Problem cannot be solved directly. The sky textures will be returned to the original ones in the next patch version.

so, just asking, is anyone experiencing the same bugs as me? They are:

when i recieve items from npc's, it says "Stewreceived" instead of "Stew received", or "Militia swordreceived" instead of "Militia sword received" - examples; also, Orlan (the owner of the Tavern "The Dead Harpy") will equip the strongest weapon after the Nameless asks for trade; Orlan equips some huge axe that does around 150 dmg i think; the same stuff with Martin - he equips "Master Sword" after the Nameless looks into his inventory; when talking to Constantino about apprenticeship, for a moment a dialogue is shown in german (w/o voice) instead of english + voice; when the Nameless goes to a stove to fry meat, the player has to click "left control" to fry a single piece of meat - but i press left control (and hold it) and then i spam the "W" button so that the Nameless can continue frying w/o stopping - he takes the pan to fry and when i spam "W" he takes it back and then again takes it to the stove to fry - the first time the pan is visible, afterwards the pan becomes invisible, but still the meat is being fried; i bet there are a lot more - i even sometimes feel this patch makes my game a bit more buggy :dnuhr: ; i also saw in my game the bug Epsilonn is talking about - but it's no big deal

1. weapon received bug - will be fixed in the next version
2. npcs equipping strongest weapon - looking into this, fix not guaranteed
3. constantino dialoge - never encountered before, can you be more specific, please?
4. frying bug - never experienced, might be just your system

okay, i used this patch over the game Gothic 2: NotR (Gothic 2 Gold) version 2.7 (eng); the major bugs i noticed before entering the addon world were that almost every merchant will equip the strongest weapon (sword, bow, crossbow) after the Nameless has seen it via trade or "show me your wares"; i even noticed in the Old World, in the castle, some paladin Sargarath or something like that, has equipped himself with sword, bow AND crossbow at the same time (2 ranged weapon at the same time); also, dunno if it is a bug, but when the Nameless asks Lares to go to see Saturas to give him the ornament, when exiting town, if by chance the Nameless and Lares stumble upon a Seeker, Lares ignores him - but if the Nameless fights him, Lares pulls back a bit and begins to cheer... "Yeah, get him!", "Hit him!" - i mean, c'mon, i'm fighting a demonic being and he's cheering and having fun?! Also... when you transform into a beast via some scroll and you pass by some npc, the npc will begin to shoot you with something (spell or bow) or at least chase you and when you're out of reach, they will naturally stop to chase you - and, after you transform back into human and go back to see the npc... the npc will attack you although you're in human form... oh yeah... that bug broke my previous save because i passed by Saturas and the other magicians in the addon world in wolf form... after that i came back as a human and they fireballed the hell out of me... i couldn't talk to neither of them and therefore i couldn't complete the addon world... gee... thanks..

anyway, till addon world, everything was kinda acceptable; in the addon world, when i go to the pirates camp, and i go to see Skip for example, after some talking, i have the option "About Angus and Hank" - and if i click it, the Nameless says that he knows what happened to them, that they are dead; but here's the thing, after entering the addon world, i went STRAIGHT to the pirates camp and i do not have even the slightest idea of what has happened to them... and yet, the Nameless knows? And after going to the banidts camp (wearing their vest), i come across Sancho who's saying that "I have done in Franco" and that i'm really badass because after him i have also "done in Carlos"... i mean... dude... they are both alive - i HAVE NOT killed them ... i didn't even meet them yet, yet this prick says that "I've done them in..." ?!?!? After that i go to see Tom in the nearby cave - after some talking, i have the option to tell him that "Esteban is dead" - again, Esteban is ALIVE and i didn't even meet him yet... c'mon ? wtf is that? After entering the bandits' camp i come across Senyan who begins to talk to me about 'how wanted am i" - i end the conversation and approach Emilio who's right behing Senyan sitting on some bench; Emilio's like "You killed Senyan!" - oh well oh.... Senyan is alive and right in front of him, and yet this dude says that i have killed him... ?!?! The same **** with Thorus, after talking to him, he's like "Now what", Nameless "What?", Thorus: "You killed Bloodwyn, and i'm wandering who's next, me or Raven?" - Thorus, dude, i have not even met Bloodwyn yet... how could've i killed him? Also, the teleporter stones do not work - after i place a focus stone on the pedestal and try to teleport, nothing happens except for some blue light coming from the teleporter stone..

so, please answer, i hope i'm not alone with this, maybe gamebreaking bug

edit - by the way, i reinstalled the game and i will try it this time w/o your patch to see if this bug in the addon world is present

edit 2 - alright, i installed it and w/o your patch; i went to see Skip to see if i can tell him what happened to Angus and Hank w/o knowing it, and i don't have that option - in other words, it seems to be ok, w/o such foreshadowing bugs - i don't have the option to tell Tom that Esteban is dead and Sancho greets me usually (not saying that i have killed Franco although i have not met Franco yet); also, the teleporter stones work perfectly without your patch; so, guys, your patch is making the game even more buggy? Why's that for? honestly... the only good thing about your patch seems to be the texture package...

Teleport bug and the dialoge bugs with addon world npcs - can anyone else confirm this? Scripts for the addonworld have not be changed.

As for the install thing - there would be no point. Technical wise, Alt Bal is the same as the core patch. Everytime a fix is implemented, it is done to both versions at the same time. The two versions are nearly identical.

GoG4o
01.06.2010, 22:12
i did not mean to offend you; i was just angry because my previous save was renered useless cause of the transform bug and then coming as a human and npc's are hostile; anyway, i apologise for my wall of text - and yes, i do understand that the issues i experienced may have been just in my game; so, it seems these 'foreshadowing' dialogues that i experienced in the addon world are solely present in my game - if so, i apologise (i do not experience them anymore because i play w/o any patches installed whatsoever); as i said, i installed your patch on Gothic 2 Gold (2.7 eng) version - i really hope these 'foreshadowing' dialogues that i experienced are bugs just in my game; sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the replies

direwolf93
02.06.2010, 09:56
Already working on ICP v2.1?You really rock...keep on like this....:D

Plasmablade
05.06.2010, 10:06
Hello, I am having similar issues as GOG4o with this patch for my game. It appears as if the patch is not even installing correctly. Vatras is still having that line in German,no fencing sword on weapon merchant, NPC's equiping the best items in their inv etc . I have Gothic 2 Gold version 2.7 eng installed on vista 32 if that helps any. My game was part of a Gothic universe tri-pack I bought and all the Gothic 2 files were on 1 disc and I installed them together ;of the total 3 discs for the 3 games. These are all issues I am having without the patch so for some rerason the patch is not working for me. I install it into "C:\Program Files\JoWooD Productions Software AG\Gothic II Gold" which is Gothic 2 Folder/subs. The "Data" folder is in there 53.1 MB same size as 2.0 patch? Have I installed it incorrectly.

Just tried moving the "Data" folder down to gothic 2 sub folder. Copied files and game seems to be working better now but still no fencing sword and still germam text line from vatras. (rushed to see if this worked) I am at a loss. Will continue to play around with stuff and hopefully will be able to come to a definitive conclusion. Any feedback in the meantime is welcome. Thank you.

Larisa
05.06.2010, 10:37
Welcome here §wink

I didn't really understood where exactly you installed the icp 2.0 patch.
Are you sure you pointed to the root of your G2 installation?

Anyway, if you installed the patch somewhere else:

The ICP 2.0 patch has the following subfolders: _work, Data, ICP and system.
The data folder that you said you moved contains only the alternative balancing and the new textures. Your G2 installation should also have a data folder (size ~2.4GB)

The fixes are located inside the _work folder. System contains just the fixed .exe file, ICP isn't important.

NCONiall
05.06.2010, 15:20
Vatras is still having that line in German

Yes I had that problem too, to fix it navigate to C:\Program Files\JoWooD Productions Software AG\Gothic II Gold\_work\Data\Scripts\CONTENT\CUTSCENE in there should be 3 files Ou.bin, Ou.dat and Ou.lsc you need to delete or move the Ou.dat out of that folder then you need to rename Ou.bin(make sure you have Hide Extensions unchecked in folder options) to Ou.dat and after this Vatras should say his line in English hope I helped :)

Tratos
05.06.2010, 23:06
^That's interesting, cause the 2.6fix exe only needs the ou.bin file. If the presence of ou.dat causes problems, the setup will be programed to automatically delete those files.

"Equipping of strongest weapon" was always there - it hasn't been addressed yet.

Can anyone else confirm the aforementioned problems?

NCONiall
05.06.2010, 23:13
^That's interesting, cause the 2.6fix exe only needs the ou.bin file. If the presence of ou.dat causes problems, the setup will be programed to automatically delete those files.

"Equipping of strongest weapon" was always there - it hasn't been addressed yet.

Can anyone else confirm the aforementioned problems?

I remember a while back when you released your first patch people complained about the Vatras line and Korianous showed us the method I explained in my last post and I have the 2.7 verison of NOTR so maybe that may be the reason why it needs the Ou.dat? And no the setup doesn't delete the ou.dat I have to do it manually then Korianous told us to rename the ou.bin to ou.dat

EDIT: My mistake this is what Korianous said:

First thing i noticed was that when i spoked with Vatras, he was telling me "Let us sumarize" but the subtitle was in german.
Check the .exe and ou.bin. Also, if the ou.dat file still exists, try renaming and/or deleting it.

Plasmablade
06.06.2010, 02:44
My patch files/folder are in the "Gothic 2 Gold" folder which is the sub of the "JoWooD Productions Software AG" folder. Is this correct? Also the "CUTSCENE" folder NCONiall spoke of contained 1 file ou.bin, which I renamed to ou.dat. But when I started the game now it contains 3 files.... ou.bin Ou.dat and Ou.Isc . I did a reinstall of the game and patch btw because I moved some stuff around which caused game to crash.

German text is still there and no fencing sword on Hakon still. O btw when you said new fencing sword it is a new item? Or just that sword with 40 attack and 20 dex req and 5 bonus 1 handed? Either way he doesnt have it lol.

EDIT: I see a problem I have 2 "_work" folders. The 1st is is a sub under the JoWooD folder the 2nd is further down the chain under the Gothic 2 Gold folder. The 1st has just the ou.dat which I renamed. I was confused and should have noticed the all caps in CONTENT and CUTSCENE difference between the 2 lol. So I will remove Ou.dat and then rename Ou.bin to Ou.dat and see if this at least fixs the german text appearing. Wow this is all very confusing having multiple folders with same name lol. Sorry for not being a PC wiz but I am hoping to get this thing working somehow.

Tratos
07.06.2010, 14:38
People.

The patch installs the 2.6fix exe automatically - the mod-ready one.

AND

An appropriate ou.bin file for it.

Normally, even if there still is an ou.dat, which the 2.7 uses, the 2.6fix exe should just ignore it. Some people say that it doesn't. Try deleting the ou.dat and ou.lsc files after you've installed the patch, but leave the ou.bin and the exe the way they are.

RobinHood 13.
07.06.2010, 16:00
Here's something I've picked up on forums long time ago.
Don't remember what it was for though:

delete OU.BIN and OU.csl, then rename OU.DAT to OU.BIN and OU.lsc to OU.cslJust mentioning it, dunno if that will fix it but maybe it's worth a try.

Plasmablade
08.06.2010, 09:54
I got patch to work finally and have experienced same problems as that other person.In Jarkendar knowing things before they happened, getting options from NPC's that should not be available yet, teleporter stones not working after I rentered Jarkendar after leaving etc. Seems this patch does not work properly with Gothic 2 Gold 2.7 eng unfortunately. However the thing with changing the file names to fix the german text does work, but only for dialogue box subtitles. Like when I handed Constantino the 12 herbs for Apprentice quest it was in german because it wasnt in a dialogue box I guess. Did not get far enough to see if paladin runes still say "Zauber".

I have a theory that people that own the tri-pack version of Gothic 2 Gold 2.7 eng (Gothic Universe package) will have these issues because it was bundled differently; Gothic 2 and Night of the Raven. Maybe the Patch team could get a copy of this version to look at the files and see if this is the problem.

Anyways thank you for everyone's feedback and advice but I guess I have to play without the patch, non functional teleporter stones in Jark will just bug me too much lol.

direwolf93
08.06.2010, 13:56
download another version of the Gothic 2 Gold...Try the torrents...preferably btjunkie...:cool:

ZombieNL
08.06.2010, 17:59
I have Gothic Universe

http://www.muizenshop.nl/layout/media/17201-17400/17283_1_image.jpg
and I'm playing G2 NotR with CP v2.0

I like most off the new textures. the game has more color and the houses and armors look better this way.
The water has to much blue for my taste. i liked the original water better.

I noticed something strange in my journal:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7374/gothic22010060807135479.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/gothic22010060807135479.jpg/)

I'm playing the game in english, so that german part is strange.

NCONiall
08.06.2010, 18:10
^^ Yes it appears that this happens in both G1 and G2NOTR I don't know why maybe they where working on the German version? It wasn't like that before.

Korianous
10.06.2010, 01:02
download another version of the Gothic 2 Gold...Try the torrents...preferably btjunkie...:cool:

No, do not do that. Advertising piracy is not tolerated here on these forums, take this as an official warning.

Tratos
10.06.2010, 21:04
I have Gothic Universe

http://www.muizenshop.nl/layout/media/17201-17400/17283_1_image.jpg
and I'm playing G2 NotR with CP v2.0

Is everything alright? Are the errors mentioned by other people present in your version?

That German text will be fixed as well.

ZombieNL
10.06.2010, 21:57
I only just started with the game.
right now i am apprentice from Harad the smith.
so this is the only bug i noticed so far.
if i find more bugs, i will post them here.

Ergopad
11.06.2010, 23:50
What's the issue with widescreen fix? Any plans to fix it so that I don't have to start dialog to fix the FOV...

Otherwise, the patch is wonderful. :D

Tolknaz
12.06.2010, 16:54

The game is only 10 bucks on GOG, for fuck's sake...

Fastidious One
12.06.2010, 23:50
Hello everybody :)

First of all I would like to thank you, Ironkeep Studios guys for your work. I really appreciate when people use their efforts to improve or even expand something great, like a classic RPG masterpiece, and do that for free. That's really commendable of you. Thank you.

Well, I learned about your patch, read some threads about it and then ofc downloaded the most recent version (2.0) ASAP itching to try it.
First of all, I've found out that, if installed directly to Gothic II directory, it fails to replace 2.7 executable file (other files are installed OK) and so the game version is still displayed as 2.7. So I installed the patch to dummy directory and then copied gothic.exe file (which is smaller) from that directory. Now the game displayed '2.6 (fix)'.
I loaded my saves. What is present:
1. "Lares refusing to take me to water mages" bug is gone. Very good.
2. Vatras says "Let's summarize" in English. Good!
3. Textures are really pleasant.
But:
1. Hakon doesn't sell new weapons.
2. LP cost of stats training is still 2 per point from 31 on.
I installed the patch with Alternative balancing (the respective .vdf file is present in the Data file)
So please tell me, are those changes require me to start the game from the scratch? Is it normal that bug fixes are present after old saves are loaded while modifications are not?
Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.

Korianous
13.06.2010, 02:43
The game is only 10 bucks on GOG, for fuck's sake...

Jus' chill mate, you're not helping out.

...1. Hakon doesn't sell new weapons.
2. LP cost of stats training is still 2 per point from 31 on.
I installed the patch with Alternative balancing (the respective .vdf file is present in the Data file)
So please tell me, are those changes require me to start the game from the scratch? Is it normal that bug fixes are present after old saves are loaded while modifications are not?
Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.

I admire the fastidiousness you displayed in describing the problems you've been having :p.

You do need to start a new game to reap the full benefits of the patch, especially to try the AB. Some stuff may work, but it's entirely possible to still have issues. If starting a new game doesn't fix the issues you've been having with AB, let us know ;).

sushant
13.06.2010, 13:49
My version of Gothic is 2.7 English
After applying Community Patch v2.0 when start playing,
my computer hangs and I need to reboot, after doing this my recent save file gets corrupt.
There is one bug I encountered with Mica/Mika
I asked him for help with Akil's trouble, and he agreed and lead me to his farm
but when we get there he was just standing and not attacking the mercenaries
And the option for asking for help is still present with +50 XP bonus infinitely.
I had to attack mercenaries by myself to trigger the fight and to finish the quest.

Fastidious One
13.06.2010, 17:36
OK, so I've started the new game with 2.0 patch installed.
However, as far as I can see the alternative balancing still didn't kick in. Hakon doesn't sell the fencing sabre (unless he equipped it, ofc), Lares requires double LP for raising strength after 30.
I have, or had for that matter ;), Gothic II 2.7 (English). Now I have "2.6(fix)" displayed on the main menu screen (after replacing the existing gothic.exe with the one from patch). Improved English text is present. Textures are OK. But still no LP rebalancing. Too bad.
Don't know if it matters but when viewing the contents of VDFS.DMP file I can see the correct path to the Alternative_Balancing.vdf file.
I would appreciate any help on that matter.
BTW, could you possibly add some special item to the Xardas's tower so that user could determine if the alternative balancing part of the patch is functioning correctly from the very beginning? E.g. replace the heavy branch with spiked club or something like that?

UPD: For the time being I uninstalled the 2.0 IKC patch (manually) and tried HoP 1.1 leaving just the new textures .vdf in Data directory. Worked like a charm. I've got new XP gains (and probably new LP progression) and tough young wolves ;) AND new textures. That will do, I suppose, until the matter with the patch is solved. Thank you for HoP, too! :)

Tratos
13.06.2010, 21:50
First of all, I've found out that, if installed directly to Gothic II directory, it fails to replace 2.7 executable file (other files are installed OK) and so the game version is still displayed as 2.7. So I installed the patch to dummy directory and then copied gothic.exe file (which is smaller) from that directory.

Very interesting. The exe isn't replaced as it should be. We'll definitely look into that.

At the moment it seems that the problem lies with the alternative balancing. Expect updates in July.

Larisa
13.06.2010, 23:57
^Maybe that depends on OS.

Also, your installer checks for the reg keys where the game is installed?

sushant
14.06.2010, 02:34
Look at the screen shot I am already at Akil's farm
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5957/gothic2.jpg
I can gain that +50 XP bonus infinitely, and Mika also does not trigger the fight

NCONiall
14.06.2010, 16:58
^^ Thats happens to me as well I usually just don't ask for the free XP(thats cheating or exploiting ;)) just attack the Mercenaries and Mika will join in you may not get the 200XP from each of the Mercenaries as it depends who gets the last hit since only you and Mika have to get the last hit to get the XP you have a small chance of getting the 400XP total. Yeah its annoying but hopefully it will be fixed.

Sergorn
16.06.2010, 16:26
Hey there !

I am playing Gothic II using your community patch and I wanted to point you to this thread :
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=832939

Basically the patch seems to be severly screwing with the Addon world for some reason :dnuhr:

-Sergorn

ZombieNL
16.06.2010, 19:02
Look at the screen shot I am already at Akil's farm
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5957/gothic2.jpg
I can gain that +50 XP bonus infinitely, and Mika also does not trigger the fight

I had the same thing.

Korianous
16.06.2010, 21:12
Hey All,

To people who are suffering issues with the Addon World, could you attempt removing Alternative Balancing and see if that fixes the issue? That might rule some stuff out, make our job fixing this a bit easier. Thanks for your time and understanding :).

- Korianous

Tratos
18.06.2010, 17:52
^Maybe that depends on OS.

Also, your installer checks for the reg keys where the game is installed?

That's the problem. There is none for the Gold Version.

Once the patch is installed, it generates a reg key which can be found by other setups, but not before.

Sergorn
19.06.2010, 11:55
Hey All,

To people who are suffering issues with the Addon World, could you attempt removing Alternative Balancing and see if that fixes the issue? That might rule some stuff out, make our job fixing this a bit easier. Thanks for your time and understanding :).

- Korianous

I've finished the addon world (without the COmmunity patch) so this might be a bit too late for that. One thing of note though : the teleporters worked fine the first time I went into the addon world, and stopped working after going back to Khorinis and then back to the Addon world - so perhaps some of the issues might be coming from the fact of leaving the Addon WOrld and coming back.

Also one thing I've noticed is that with the Community patch whenever I tried to bring up the map at the addon world, he brought up the Khorinis map, as if the game didn't "know" that I were on the Addon world and thought I was still in Khoronis. The same issue happens in the Valley of Mine actually - but the maps are recognized as they should with the community patch.

-Sergorn

Larisa
20.06.2010, 11:57
That's the problem. There is none for the Gold Version.

Once the patch is installed, it generates a reg key which can be found by other setups, but not before.

Don't know, maybe not all gold versions, maybe that from Universe that doesn't give you the option to play the classic G2.
My G2gold makes keys like these:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JoWooD\Gothic II]
"RunCmd"="G:\\Gothic II\\System\\Gothic2.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gothic II]
"Path"="G:\\Gothic II"

I've also noticed this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IronKeep Studios\Gothic II Gold - Community Patch]
"Install Path"="H:\\New Folder"
"Version"="2.0"
"Uninstaller"="C:\\Program Files\\JoWooD Productions Software AG\\Gothic II Gold\\ICP\\Uninstall.exe"

The key to the uninstaller is different from where I installed the patch.

ZombieNL
21.06.2010, 06:07
When Ignaz explains his experiment there is no sound on two pieces of the conversation. the sounds just mutes in the middle of the conversation, the beginning and the end still have the sound.

don't know for sure if the patch did this though.
maybe this is also in the original NotR.

Dimus
21.06.2010, 12:57
@ ZombieNL:
Can you specify more exactly which speeches are missing during the conversation between Nameless Hero and Ignaz?
For example, in a Russian localization I can't hear these comments of NH:
That would only make sense if that person were REALLY mad after beating him up.
(to himself) But fistfights are nothing out of the ordinary in the harbor district. I guess I'd have to find a victim elsewhere...

ZombieNL
21.06.2010, 18:49
@ ZombieNL:
Can you specify more exactly which speeches are missing during the conversation between Nameless Hero and Ignaz?
For example, in a Russian localization I can't hear these comments of NH:
That would only make sense if that person were REALLY mad after beating him up.
(to himself) But fistfights are nothing out of the ordinary in the harbor district. I guess I'd have to find a victim elsewhere...

I think that is the part i was talking about.
I don't know the exact words, but Ignaz explains how the spell should be used and then the Hero is talking to himself.
those two lines have no sound.

GoG4o
23.06.2010, 14:32
I've finished the addon world (without the COmmunity patch) so this might be a bit too late for that. One thing of note though : the teleporters worked fine the first time I went into the addon world, and stopped working after going back to Khorinis and then back to the Addon world - so perhaps some of the issues might be coming from the fact of leaving the Addon WOrld and coming back.

Also one thing I've noticed is that with the Community patch whenever I tried to bring up the map at the addon world, he brought up the Khorinis map, as if the game didn't "know" that I were on the Addon world and thought I was still in Khoronis. The same issue happens in the Valley of Mine actually - but the maps are recognized as they should with the community patch.

-Sergorn

i had precisely the same bugs in the addon world that you experienced - the bug with the dialogues (as if i already 'did in' some of the npc's while they're still alive), the bug with the teleporter stones (they don't teleport) and the bug with the map (not showing the addon map but the 'new world' one); would you mind PMing me if you find out how to get rid of these addon bugs?

thanks

CrashMorraKan
26.06.2010, 19:37
so i got gothic 2 NOTR russian version. i installed the Gothic II - IronKeep Community Patch v1.0 and then 1.0a and then the (HotFix) and then the Gothic II - IronKeep Community Patch v2.0. so my question is:
the permanent potions like "STR,DEX" potions gives again stats +3 instead of +5? and rengaru gives again dexterity +1 and not +2? and erol strength +1 not +2? and when becoming citizen of khorinis you get again 300 exp? cause i remember you get only 50 exp and erol and rengaru gives +2 however lester gave me 250 exp for the first time meeting him in the valley understand xarda's tower so all of this changed or my gothic somehow stayed with this old installation? i appelied those patches on clean NOTR install, i also use colar textures, and again when you reach 30 str or dex it becomes 10 lp?
if anyone know anything about those changes please reply.

Onisuzume
27.06.2010, 00:28
1: Wrong place to ask.
2: Sounds like normal NotR.

ZombieNL
27.06.2010, 04:58
I am now in the add-on world in the pirates camp.
2 teleporter stones are working already (temple and pirates-camp).
the hunting with Alligator Jack was a success and i killed
the bandits in the tower near the camp by myself so i only
paid 200 gold to get in the camp.
so far so good.

but when i talked to Skip in the camp i had the option to
tell him that i found Agnus and Hank, but i didn't!
i haven't found their body's yet, (i know where they are, but i have not been there yet), so how is it possible that i can tell Skip and Bill that they are dead?

ZombieNL
29.06.2010, 19:12

I can confirm this whole thing, except for the teleporter stone.
All those conversations were exactly the same for me.
The first visit to the bandits camp i can walk past Thorus and then a bodyguard stops me because i don't have a red stone yet.
so i can't try the teleporter in the bandits camp yet.

Omgom
03.07.2010, 19:26
I know I have another thread in which I was asking help about getting this patch working, however playing through I've noticed some new things and wished to drop it here.

I recently purchased Gothic 2 Gold from Steam. I tried to install this patch but it doesn't seem to be working.

This is the install path
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\gothic ii

I have uninstalled both and reinstalled them and still nothing.

However a few things stand clear.

The texture pack seems to be working, the colors are much more sharp, especially the water. It's now a beautiful blue.

Bartok is tougher, so it's less difficult to keep him alive on the "Furs for Bosper" Quest.

I went hunting with Bartok and he really didn't need my help at all. He was surrounded by the six wolves and getting pounded and he still walked away fine.

Lares can now provide the Simple Way to join all 3 guilds.

Not sure is this was unavailable beforehand. Though if it works like I think then:

First two times through, prior to the patch (messed up and restarted twice) if I asked him to help me with one of the guilds he would provide the help and the option would disappear. After trying to install the patch even after asking for help, the option to ask is still available and I can get all three.

Fixed improperly equipped armor on certain individuals.

I swear the first time through the guard (guarding the weed) in the house, next to the boat, by the harbor, was wearing bandit armor. After attempt of patch installation, he is wearing militia armor.

That's all I've noticed so far. Only other easy part I could think to test would be to run over and whack Sekob, see if he's invincible.

ZombieNL
03.07.2010, 19:40
I know I have another thread in which I was asking help about getting this patch working, however playing through I've noticed some new things and wished to drop it here.

I recently purchased Gothic 2 Gold from Steam. I tried to install this patch but it doesn't seem to be working.

This is the install path
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\gothic ii

I have uninstalled both and reinstalled them and still nothing.

I don't have the steam-version, but i think you did nothing wrong.

However a few things stand clear.

The texture pack seems to be working, the colors are much more sharp, especially the water. It's now a beautiful blue.

I went hunting with Bartok and he really didn't need my help at all. He was surrounded by the six wolves and getting pounded and he still walked away fine.

Not sure is this was unavailable beforehand. Though if it works like I think then:

First two times through, prior to the patch (messed up and restarted twice) if I asked him to help me with one of the guilds he would provide the help and the option would disappear. After trying to install the patch even after asking for help, the option to ask is still available and I can get all three.

I swear the first time through the guard (guarding the weed) in the house, next to the boat, by the harbor, was wearing bandit armor. After attempt of patch installation, he is wearing militia armor.

That's all I've noticed so far. Only other easy part I could think to test would be to run over and whack Sekob, see if he's invincible.
All these thing are normal when you install the patch.

So have fun playing with the Community Patch 2.0

Omgom
03.07.2010, 22:48
All these thing are normal when you install the patch.

I must not have explained that as well. That's all that is working. Which is why I'm confused. The start up still states 2.7 (Eng) and none of the other aspects seem to work.

For instance:

Pepe’s Quest will now generate actual wolves, instead of Young Wolves.

Still spawned four young wolves.

Erol and Rengaru now provide +3 Strength/Dexterity Bonuses, respectively.

Erol only grants a +1 strength bonus.

New LP Costs:

Training STR/DEX/MANA from 10-60 costs 1 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 60-120 costs 2 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 120-180 costs 3 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 180-240 costs 4 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 240-300 costs 5 LP/Skill Point

LP costs for combat training are unaffected. Only certain teachers will be able to train you to this new maximum, you’ll just have to find them. With the aid of stat boosters (stone tablets, potions, etc.) your attributes can potentially be raised to the absolute limit of 400.

Old figures are still present. After about 20ish into strength I was being charged double.

Certain Lines in Vatras & Lares' dialogue are now in English.

Still had several lines in German.

Rod’s Two-Hander does as much damage as a Rough Two-Hander.

Rod's sword had it's original damage.

So some things seem to work, but others don't.

ZombieNL
03.07.2010, 23:34
I must not have explained that as well. That's all that is working. Which is why I'm confused. The start up still states 2.7 (Eng) and none of the other aspects seem to work.

For instance:

Still spawned four young wolves.

Erol only grants a +1 strength bonus.

Old figures are still present. After about 20ish into strength I was being charged double.

Still had several lines in German.

Rod's sword had it's original damage.

So some things seem to work, but others don't.

Night of the Raven is version 2.7 so that is normal.
I also had 4 young wolves spawned with pepe's quest.
Erol gave me +1 Str.

Training STR/DEX/MANA from 0-30 costs 1 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 31-60 costs 2 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 61-90 costs 3 LP/Skill Point
Training STR/DEX/MANA from 91-120 costs 4 LP/Skill Point

the other things, i don't know.
didn't pay attention to them

Omgom
04.07.2010, 07:27
Hmm, so did they remove the functions or are they not working properly?

Also it states balances made to combat and NPC's/Monsters. Would this explain why sometimes I do little to no damage on a strike and other times I can take a whole chunk, or was that normal to the game?

I've been taken down in 1 hit by some NPC's before while other times when they strike I take little damage.

ZombieNL
04.07.2010, 17:18
Hmm, so did they remove the functions or are they not working properly?

Also it states balances made to combat and NPC's/Monsters. Would this explain why sometimes I do little to no damage on a strike and other times I can take a whole chunk, or was that normal to the game?

I've been taken down in 1 hit by some NPC's before while other times when they strike I take little damage.

That is the difference between a normal hit and a critical hit.
the higher your skill with a weapon, the more critical hits you make.
That is normal for all Gothic games.

Omgom
05.07.2010, 06:45
That is the difference between a normal hit and a critical hit.
the higher your skill with a weapon, the more critical hits you make.
That is normal for all Gothic games.

But this happens on all monsters, even on something as low as a Scavenger. In G1 when I hit a monster it did a nice chunk of damage regardless, especially with a decent weapon and sufficient strength. However in G2 it seems like every monster has some ridiculous defense rating and no amount of strength+weapon damage makes a different. I basically hit until I get a crit and that does the real damage.

Omgom
06.07.2010, 02:50
I definitely know the issue now. The patch is not installing properly at all. I tried to run the uninstaller on it, both from ccleaner and add/remove. Both listed it as being installed but neither registered it as being installed. I removed it, unintsalled G2 and am downloading it from steam.

My only guess is that it doesn't function properly through steam. Some of the files work in game, as I've clearly noticed. Though everything in the alternative balancing definitely is not present. That is the most appealing part of the patch to me (aside from obvious fixes) having to be level 17 just to get my strength to 90 is ridiculous. G1 stats were 1 for 1, I liked that. At least the AB makes it less annoying. Raising my strength, two-hand and learning skills in chapter one is impossible.

I really need to find a fix, I'm totally turned off from playing this game right now. I don't even want to continue my current game. I'd rather wait for this patch to work and start over.

*Edit*

As stated in previous posts, the .exe doesn't replace itself. I had to get it manually. Even after that still no autobalancing. Beyond 30 strength it required 2:1. I don't really want to uninstall it manually and drop in the 1.0a + hotfix. So I'll just hold off for now.

Guess this isn't just related to Steam's version and it's 2.7 in general.

*Edit*

I should mention this, just in case. I don't know if it's an issue with the patch or the normal game.

Had a few items disappear from my inventory. The only two noticeable ones, that one was an issue, were Will-o'-the-wisp amulet and more importantly Lares' aquamarine ring. He asked for it back and my character said he didn't have it. I know I didn't accidentally sell them, I kept track of what I sold and how much money I had. I did however find them eventually on the Water Mage Merchant. I also lost some old tablets, though I didn't cry over those.

I used Marvin mode to import Lares' ring so I could return it. It was afterwards I found it on the mage. That's all I've really noticed, sure some other things have found their way out of my inventory.

Omgom
06.07.2010, 18:48
The swapping of the exe causes the "Checking virtual memory" or something of the nature, to appear in German. I assume this is from the fact you guys work with the German version.

Anyway the 2.0 AB doesn't work at all, that seems to be the problem. I downloaded 1.0a, installed it then proceeded to install 2.0 over top of it sans the AB patch, through custom install. Loaded and old save and checked a trainer.

Sure enough at 75 strength it only costs 2:1 instead of 3:1 where it should be. I didn't even need to start a new game for it to kick in.

I'm going to start over now and work with this until the new update comes out.

Korianous
07.07.2010, 21:12
Righto. We apologize for the broken state of the patch, we admittedly dropped the ball on this recent release :(. A newer patch is being compiled as we speak to address all issues, should be out very soon.

Omgom
07.07.2010, 22:02
Righto. We apologize for the broken state of the patch, we admittedly dropped the ball on this recent release :(. A newer patch is being compiled as we speak to address all issues, should be out very soon.

No need or apologies. You guys are doing the best you can and these things happen. We're all grateful for your hard work and glad you still care enough about the game to continue breathing life into it.

I was just confused as to why it wasn't working but am happy I worked it out. I started over and am enjoying it much more than before.

Look forward to the newer patch.

I'd like to add in again, as I don't know if it's to the game originally or the patch.

Both those items, wisp amulet and Lares' ring poofed on me. This time it was within a matter of minutes. I tend to dual save for certain situation to check out how they go, or at major points so if I end up running half way across the map or screwing something up I can reload and not have the wasted time.

They were in my inventory before I talked to Martin about joining the Militia, through Lares. I believe I stopped off at Edna, got some fish soup, then cast sleep on the guard to put him out and take the free armor. Upon walking out of there and equipping it I noticed both were missing. I loaded my save from a few moments before at Martin and sure enough they were there.

Might be something to look into if you can, might be unrelated to your patch.

NCONiall
07.07.2010, 23:26
A new patch? Great will it include any new fixes or does it just fix the bugs that occured with 2.0? And btw how are you guys doing with the FG patch?

Omgom
08.07.2010, 00:36
A new patch? Great will it include any new fixes or does it just fix the bugs that occured with 2.0? And btw how are you guys doing with the FG patch?

You mean like the apparent bugs people are mentioning in regards to the NotR content?

NCONiall
08.07.2010, 00:41
Yes like the teleporter stones bug in which they don't work.

KGS
14.07.2010, 16:11

what about completing the AB

("the bigger overhaul in the next version")
i'm waiting for it to play the game again ;)

Omgom
07.08.2010, 20:32
As I'm still running this version of the patch (with the 1.0a AB)

I just hit chapter four and not too long into the VoM I was stuck in that infinite loop with Biff. I know it's listed as being fixed but it could be because of my inclusion of the AB. It's also listed as being fixed in the 2.10 patch as well, so maybe it didn't work properly in this one.

Is there a way around this?

If not, how important is he? Does he say or do much that is of value? I was able to just kill him to get out of the loop, but I'd rather not if there is information and story to be told.

Korianous
07.08.2010, 20:34
Sorry, we no longer support this version (or previous versions of the patch). The solution is to upgrade to 2.10 and uninstall the AB, as it conflicts with the patch fixes.