PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Combat Skills and Level Progression.

Red Russian
06.08.2005, 06:47
Hi there! I'm new here. I have already posted my reply in the welcome thread.

I'm new to Gothic 1 and had a little difficulty in the beginning with the combat system, but figured it out eventually. A little patience goes a looooooong way. And persistance.

However, I just can't seem to feel as if though I am underpowered. I am now at chapter four. Whenever I get up close to a shadowbeast or a Orc Templar, I get my butt kicked good and do very little damage at the same time. I do no damage to Shadowbeasts! Maybe I am doing something wrong though. I do use combos to try and do damage, but I can never seem to keep my swings flowing constantly.

So what I want to know, is wether with my current stats, I am underpowered for this chapter?

My Characters Stats is:
Level 23
Strength 50
Master in both 1h and 2h
I have a Gaurds Sword. I think it does 54 damage. Can't remeber. Picked it up in the Free Mine from an Old Gaurds body.
I think I made a boo boo in the beginning by doing only 1 Camp's quests and not the rest of the quests in the other camps. Costing me alot of XP. I'm not playing as a warrior anymore though, but would still like to know whether I could complete the game from Chapter Four with those stats. I still have a savegame somewhere.

Thanx Alot Guys and Gals.

:D

Colonelu
06.08.2005, 08:06
Hi and §welcome to the forum.
In the first place you have too little strength try with 80
And the guard sword is not 50 is about 35 and is much weak to defeat a orc or a shadowbeast.
Try getting a new sword and increase your srenght :)

Bartacus
06.08.2005, 11:44
You don't have to do all quests, cause you can kill plenty of other animals to get the nescessary axperience to level up. 1 hint though, if you master in 1H, you need a good 1H weapon and a lot of strength -> not master in 2H too.

ThorTheViking
06.08.2005, 12:31
I masterd both of them and i had much moore strenght when i was level 23. You can master everything you want if you want to learn one handed learn it and if someone wants to learn both than he should. thats none of your buisness bartacus.

Colonelu
06.08.2005, 13:50
Now i am playing g1 and i am L15 at 80 strengh,master 1h and fighter 2h

ThorTheViking
06.08.2005, 17:42
Colonelu you should do what you wish.
when you are level 23 you can master both swords and have strenght 100. Why shouldn't i master both swords if i have more than enough LP. I finished the game lvl39. you know how much LP is that.

Colonelu
06.08.2005, 22:00
Hey i now mestered 1h and 2h and i have streng 80 and i am in chapter 3 , i always increase my strenght and fighting skill first and then the others :)

WernerTWC
06.08.2005, 22:39
Hi there! I'm new here. I have already posted my reply in the welcome thread.

Hi and also §welcome to the forum from me!!!

However, I just can't seem to feel as if though I am underpowered. I am now at chapter four. Whenever I get up close to a shadowbeast or a Orc Templar, I get my butt kicked good and do very little damage at the same time. I do no damage to Shadowbeasts! Maybe I am doing something wrong though. I do use combos to try and do damage, but I can never seem to keep my swings flowing constantly.

I must smile when i read this, because when i played G1 the first time i had the same problems, your post is remembering me to old times! :)
I can promise you, there is a solution to get every enemy down, with your stats or weaker stats.

BTW:There is a Gothic-Fan (let me say, a Gothic-Freak) called TheWonderer, he done a G1-Fastrun (3 Hours for the whole game), ... itīs too much spoilering if you watch his videos but i played it in his way (not exactly, somethings he did was too much for me, i donīt have his skills in gameing), i used 4 and a half hour to done it, but it works!

I can recommend to try a little magic. You wanna fight a templer,... letīs give him a sleep spell, and you can hit him 2 or 3 times before he can act... things like that, iceblock (??? itīs the german name of the spell) is very good, then with some other spells on it.
Do you still have the hearts of the golems? You can use them as Spells like a rune!
With some magic you can kick enemyīs asses from a long distance, try it!

Donīt worry, the Expīs you lost by didnīt made all questīs canīt you keep away from finishing the game!!!

Do you have special questions for special quests, just ask! For every problem here you will find a solution!!! :cool:

Red Russian
07.08.2005, 09:14
Hi There!

Thanx for the reply and sorry for taking so long to respond. Too busy playing g1. :D

From what I have read, I think my strength must be the problem. The sword I have is called Guard's Hand with 59 dmg. But my strength is my main problem. So off I go to get levelled (spelling?) up. Or levelled with the ground. Whichever comes first. :D

I still have my savegames from my first game. But at the moment I am playing a new game as a mage. Much harder but I think it will be much more rewarding, I hope.

Thanx again for the reply's.

ThorTheViking
07.08.2005, 10:06
I never played as a magcian. I like close combat too much.

Colonelu
07.08.2005, 11:04
Me to i never liked spells to much or bows and crossbows and always liked closed combat :D

Godcrusher
07.08.2005, 11:37
I did. And i enyoyed buring some orcs indeed. But i also enyoyed smashing them with stonecrusher :D :D

-Jaden-
07.08.2005, 17:11
yea, there's nothing wrong with mages.. and when you're a mage, you can prove your powers in the Old Camp, burning those infidels with Chain Lightning and with the UrizielRune. That makes it fun.

rekinu
07.08.2005, 18:34
as I remember good :confused: , the shadowbeast has imunity to weapons...you can kill him with the bow, or crosbow....right ? correct me if im wrong....

ThorTheViking
07.08.2005, 19:08
I don't know but all shadowbeasts that i killed was with sword so you must be wrong.

-Jaden-
07.08.2005, 22:35
there is no doubt, that you can kill a shadowbeast with closerange weapons.

Godcrusher
07.08.2005, 22:41
I think i killed a shadowbeast with a sword but i dont remember correctly.

ThorTheViking
07.08.2005, 23:43
I remember it very much because i died a couple of thimes befor i killed it.

Godcrusher
08.08.2005, 11:34
Plus when you search for a focus with gorn he killes it with his axe.

-Jaden-
08.08.2005, 11:47
too bad, that there weren't more of undead shadowbeasts in g2. one problem with undead shadowbeast and goblins, is that they make sounds as they were living.. they should make same noises as usual skeletons. i mean undead shadowbeasts roaring and things like that.

ThorTheViking
08.08.2005, 11:53
So what if they roar. They aren't just sceletons. they have some meat on so maybe they can still produce sounds. :D

-Jaden-
08.08.2005, 11:56
but i doubt that they have lungs or such :D

ThorTheViking
08.08.2005, 12:08
Maybe they fart through their mouth hahaha :D

DeadlyArrow
09.08.2005, 08:43
I think it's just some magic. We don't know why they become undead. But usually skeletons do not walk and you can't heat any sound from them. So I think it's magic.

-Jaden-
09.08.2005, 08:51
or a thing which hasn't been worked on enough.

ThorTheViking
09.08.2005, 08:57
My friend told me a thing that was kinda funny. He played Doom 3 and when you kill a zombie that has no head it still screams. haha it's funny

DeadlyArrow
09.08.2005, 08:58
yeah, but, for example, why dragons never burn themselves with their own fire? when you deal with fanasy in games or books you often can just believe in all this nonsense

-Jaden-
09.08.2005, 08:59
Many games has such problems. But Gothic should be very realistic and it would be great if every little detail has been worked on. :)

ThorTheViking
12.08.2005, 12:22
Many games has such problems. But Gothic should be very realistic and it would be great if every little detail has been worked on. :)

I agree i like details and i think there should be moore of them.