PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Does gothic work with shutter glasses?

groda1
02.08.2005, 14:35
Hi!
Has anybody played gothic with shutter glasses? The kind of glasses that make you see the game in 3D. Did it work? Did it look good?
I'm thinking about buying it to improve the experience of my favourite games - Gothic I and II.

This is my first thread in the forum. Hope it is not an old thread (I tried searching).

Godcrusher
02.08.2005, 15:17
First hello and welcome. Hoep you enyoy here.
And no i did not play with 3d glases cuz i think gothic series aren't made for those

WernerTWC
02.08.2005, 15:49
Hi!
Has anybody played gothic with shutter glasses? The kind of glasses that make you see the game in 3D. Did it work? Did it look good?
I'm thinking about buying it to improve the experience of my favourite games - Gothic I and II.

This is my first thread in the forum. Hope it is not an old thread (I tried searching).
Hi and §welcome to the forum!
Once I had those 3d-glasses, it was shipped with my old graphic-card, i tryed them once and never again, but not with Gothic, i can´t remember which game i tryed.
Imo those 3d-glasses don´t raisees the game-experiance!
And i think that 3d-glasses also not good for your eye-health, so i would recommend to save your money for better things.

Colonelu
02.08.2005, 17:27
Hello and welcome to the forum :D
I never play with that things because i dont think they will improve something on the game :)

ThorTheViking
02.08.2005, 20:56
If i'm correct those glasses are made from green glass for one eye and from red glass for the other. I think that the game must be made in a special way so that you will see any efect on the game.

rekinu
02.08.2005, 21:40
yes, there are also, some old school books (geometry math books) that are made for a special kind of glases half green and half red to see the figures in 3d... I never played a game with 3d glasses, but I have a friend who tryied them (don't know the game) and he stayed locked in the house for kinda 4 days...

Colonelu
02.08.2005, 22:03
He is sick :D :(

rekinu
02.08.2005, 22:41
forgot to say §welcome groda1 , could you post sth in the Welcome thread about you so that we know you better .... ?

... well, another friend of mine, left him a note on he's door, and after 4 days he camed back the note was still there as he putted it...

Colonelu
02.08.2005, 22:50
He looks complitly done in :D

groda1
03.08.2005, 02:12
Hi again. Nice of you people to welcome me! I will try to write something about me in the Welcome thread (and improve the avatar quality). :)

No, shutter glasses are not the same as red and green glasses. If I've understood this correctly, shutter glasses let you see the screen alternately with one eye at a time, switching very fast at the same time as the image on the screen changes. This will make you see one image with your left eye and one with your right. The image you see with your left eye will be from a slightly different angle in-game (a few centimeters to the left), to represent the different angles you see the world from in real life, thus mimicking true stereoscopic vision.

The glasses are supposed to work with any game but don't always give very good picture quality and some people get headaches if the monitor refresh frequency is to low. To judge from WernerWTC's experience shutter glasses isn't such a good idea. Thanx for the advice!

I guess I have to wait until they make affordable virtual reality goggles to play Gothic in 3D. Anyway, I can't wait to play Gothic 3. Just imagine how it would be to play it in 3d!

Don-Esteban
03.08.2005, 02:49
You need a high monitor refresh frequency. 120 Hz or better more, because the shutter glasses made the half of it: 60 Hz for every eye. And this is a very low frequency. (->headaches) 75 Hz are the limit for ergonomic working - so you need for the use of shutter glasses a monitor with 150 Hz refresh rate.

But I don't know something about the experience, playing gothic with shutter glasses. I only remember, some people wrote in our old german board in 2001/2002, they tried shutter glasses in Gothic. (At this time shutter glasses were the "last cry".)

Colonelu
03.08.2005, 09:32
These shutter glasses are not so good for your eyes :(

ThorTheViking
04.08.2005, 13:13
I also think that glases are bad for your eyes but so are our televisions and computer monitors. So if you wan't to see how the glases work try it.