PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : magicians

Colonelu
28.07.2005, 16:20
Can the player be a magician in Gothic3 :confused:

rekinu
28.07.2005, 17:35
they said that at first the magic from the world would not be at reach of everyone, and you probably become magician to be able to use it....yes you can become mag in g3.

Colonelu
28.07.2005, 18:15
I read the article that Sowilo presented about gothic 3 . when he described
all about the game(guilds.player.etc) but he didnt say anithing about becoming a magician and i was upset §gnah because i like the magicians in gothic 2

Cyco
28.07.2005, 20:53
I have read, that they wont be a guild like before, but they will be a profession like the smith or the gladiator.

I hope, my englisch is good enough...:D

Kaliki
28.07.2005, 22:53
@ Colonelu:
I don't know if you already read this (http://www.worldofgothic.com/gothic3/?go=interview8) article but there the magicians are mentioned. That's the part I refer to:

Factions and Magicians

Another profession chooseable will be the magician. Besides the perks that are integrated into the gameplay there will be guilds (now called factions) that are different from those in Gothic 2. The principle is: Back to the roots! The individual factions will have a structure similar to the one of the first part especially regarding the choice wether to become a fighter or a magician inside the guild you chose. There won’t be one guild for magicians and a seperate one for fighters like in Gothic 2. So the case that a player who wants to play a warrior is forced to join a certain faction that represents an attitude he or she doesn’t agree with because it is the only guild for a warrior won’t occur. The possibility to change your character during the game is also similar to Gothic 1. So a char that is skilled for fighting will be able to learn magical skills too and this way the player can influence the development of his character in the course of the game. But the rough classification of the character is not the only thing with very fluent transitions: Concerning the applicability for the player the various types of magic won’t be separated. So a fire mage will again be able to use water magic and conjuration spells as well.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be more information concerning mages. :(

Sowilo
29.07.2005, 01:19
There r no guilds. U became part of example the Nordmar guys. There u can decide if u want to became an archer or a worrier etc.

magges
29.07.2005, 06:33
There are Main Guilds like in Gothic I, e.g. the Old Camp, you can become Gardist or Magican, in Gothic III its the same procedur , after a time you can choose of become an Magican or a Warrior in the Guild you are

rockfest
29.07.2005, 07:33
Considering that the game will have 3 differnent endings,i think that there will be 3 main guilds.

Colonelu
29.07.2005, 08:24
A so the guild of the magicians in g3 are like specials guilds in g2 like the smith :)

rockfest
29.07.2005, 08:43
You can't know that...maybe the mage will be a main guild...who knows???

magges
29.07.2005, 08:44
You can't know that...maybe the mage will be a main guild...who knows???

Jowood knows and wrote about it...
The Main Guilds have 2 Ways: Magican and Warrior

Colonelu
29.07.2005, 08:55
We will see when g3 will apear :)

rockfest
29.07.2005, 12:28
:eek: stupid me,ok so i didn't knew that...so it's going to be an interesting game...can't wait...

rekinu
29.07.2005, 20:22
interesting game ? it would be just like G1. you was in Old Camp, you would have to be Guard or FMag. in New Camp Merc or WMag, and in swamp.....just Templar....:D

In G2, if you joined the militia you becamed paladin, if joining the monastery you could became mag, and if you joined Onar, becamed merc....so if you wanted to play as magician, you had to join the monastery even if you didn't liked it...:D so.... hope you understood me....G3 will be more like G1(because it was a greater game...;) )

Godcrusher
30.07.2005, 20:36
I think yes cuz there were fires in the short g3 movie.

ElieTheGreat
31.07.2005, 19:40
g3 would totally suck with no magicians and real animals , and those new weird looking scavengers , with T-rexs that make you feel you're in a jurasic park movie ... ugh seing that trailer just disapoints me, just not Gothic anymore, well a bit of improvement is nice , but to change everything and take away the gothic feeling is just stupid.

WernerTWC
31.07.2005, 20:52
There r no guilds. U became part of example the Nordmar guys. There u can decide if u want to became an archer or a worrier etc.

I know they called the guilds no more "guilds", it´s just they give the guilds another name, but do you think it´s totally different from the guild-system we know from G1 (not G2!)??? ... I don´t think so!
I think it´s going more on choosing-things, (like in G1, you get the List from the Mine (Ian???), and you choose who you give it... i think in g3 there are a lot of more choices like that!

A so the guild of the magicians in g3 are like specials guilds in g2 like the smith :)

I think so! It´s like you learn acrobatics in G1, so you can learn magic, no matter which "guild" you are in!

Considering that the game will have 3 differnent endings,i think that there will be 3 main guilds.

Imho the endings depends on how do you act with the three gods, which one you support!

BTW.: Yeah, I´m still alive!!!

rekinu
01.08.2005, 20:45
about the choice , who you give Ian's list.... well, if you play the game the first time, and you go in the old camp, and want to join them, but you didn't go in the new camp and spoke with lares, you would give the list to diego... because you don't know....

Colonelu
01.08.2005, 20:50
Diego gives you the list to give it to ian and if you want to become a rogue you must give it to lares :) , and you must give the answer of ian to diego to confirm your test of faith :D

rekinu
01.08.2005, 20:52
yes but you don't know about Lares, if you don't go to new camp ... thats what I said... if you don't know about him, you give it to diego... ( WHEN YOU PLAYED THE GAME THE FIRST TIME ! )

Colonelu
01.08.2005, 20:59
Yes ofcourse you dont know :)
The first time i finished g1 i was a gardist , then a templar , and then i was a mercenary.When i wanted to become a rogue i didnt know how and i was angry and i chose to become once again a gard and when diego give me the list i givet to lares and become a rogue :D

rekinu
01.08.2005, 21:01
you see ... ? :D

Colonelu
01.08.2005, 21:03
I was so nervous that time that i wanted to throw the computer out of the window :D :D :)

-Jaden-
01.08.2005, 21:08
quite familiar feeling...

Colonelu
01.08.2005, 21:11
Heah fuking rogues all they want is money §burn

Colonelu
01.08.2005, 21:17
which guild do you prefer in g1 and g2?
In g1 I prefer the templars and in g2 i prefer the paladins :D

rekinu
01.08.2005, 21:20
I was so nervous that time that i wanted to throw the computer out of the window :D :D :)

quite familiar feeling...

well, next time, try this : Bash your fu****g PC (http://www.paul.com.cbi.ro/Flash/strica_calc.html) :D :D :D :D

EDIT : well, Colonelu, a little advice, try not to double post...okay ? if you want to post sth else after your own post just edit your post....use the EDIT button...don't double post....;)

Colonelu
01.08.2005, 21:26
Nice one Rekinu :D :D :D :) :) :cool:
OK :rolleyes:

-Jaden-
01.08.2005, 22:03
about the guilds i prefer in g1 and g2? i think mercenaries, but in g1 it's cool to be..

Shadow > Guard > Mercenary > Water Mage > Necromancer

.. in a same game.

Godcrusher
02.08.2005, 11:28
g1-mages(water or fire)

g2-mercs

-Jaden-
02.08.2005, 12:12
i think that the Oath of Fire/Water is cooler in G1 - people gather around you and you stand in the center of pentagram.. cooler dialogs.. and entering into circles is better in G1. i mean dialogs and stuff. everything about mages is more "official" there. i like it.

rekinu
02.08.2005, 12:38
well, they lack the official sites, like the monastery... they are trying to make the oath as best as they can, in poor circumstances (like that small building, where they made a pentagram....).

Godcrusher
02.08.2005, 14:22
i dont get one thing. Why do mages in g1 use pentagram or magic but in g2 pentagram vanishes (exept in xaradss)

-Jaden-
02.08.2005, 15:59
maybe mages in G1 took this habit from Xardas, because he was their leader.

rekinu
02.08.2005, 20:47
yes, they are kinda far from a monastery, and they only have a building, and xardas was their lider....

but Godcrusher has a point. you see ? G2, isn't like G1, thats why it hasn't that good atmosphere.... In G1, you saw the pentagram as the sign of magic, and you thinked that in all Gothic(dark) world, the magic was represented by the pentagram, but when you see G2.... it all changes, it doesn't look like Gothic no more...except those familiar things from G1....(the hero, the npc, some animals,the orcs....)

Colonelu
02.08.2005, 21:01
Maybe in g3 Xardas will make himself another tower :D ,i think he is sick how many tower made (one it was sunker and he made another one in vom,then in Khorinis,then in g3) :D

-Jaden-
02.08.2005, 21:09
yes, he will :) like that (http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/gothic3_artworks/IMG_1994.jpg) one.

Godcrusher
03.08.2005, 11:08
yes, they are kinda far from a monastery, and they only have a building, and xardas was their lider....

but Godcrusher has a point. you see ? G2, isn't like G1, thats why it hasn't that good atmosphere.... In G1, you saw the pentagram as the sign of magic, and you thinked that in all Gothic(dark) world, the magic was represented by the pentagram, but when you see G2.... it all changes, it doesn't look like Gothic no more...except those familiar things from G1....(the hero, the npc, some animals,the orcs....)

indeed. One of the few things that didnt change is fire mages attitude. Plus one thing. In g1 the guards(before the barier) wore a milita armor right? How come in g2 milita armor is totaly different?
plus i was really botherd about Diegos woice in g2.

-Jaden-
03.08.2005, 12:21
About Diego, yes, indeed. It made him at least 20 years older. But his personality was still the same. I've heard something about, that the, voice actor from G1 who acted as Diego, Mordrag and other.. , moved to another country. PB should call him back from there, so he could make speeches and then go back to his country. :D

rekinu
03.08.2005, 21:37
I think they will make the best to bring back some of the important voices from G1, for G3.... it's very important for the atmosphere.....

Godcrusher
03.08.2005, 22:25
Indeed. Hero's voice has also changed not ot mention Pyrokar. So i think this is wery important

-Jaden-
03.08.2005, 22:30
hero's voice is gone a little deeper.. maybe because he's tougher now.. i remember when he spoke like a teenager boy in G1.

WernerTWC
03.08.2005, 22:43
i remember when he spoke like a teenager boy in G1.
Is it about the voice, or is it about what he says (is he talking like a very young guy, or is he only sounds like that?)?

In the german-version there is no change in the voice between G1 and G2.

-Jaden-
04.08.2005, 01:50
voice.. speech is pretty much the same.

rekinu
04.08.2005, 07:03
well, my opinion is that he's G1 voice is more like a voice of a man, that is very calculated with he's actions, and is very carefull and vigilent. he sounds more like an wise guy... well, in G2, the world being bigger, even from the begining, he sounds like he (use auto suggestion) thinks he is a bandit , coming from the mountains, and he can't afford to speak so freely, with all... but, he does very good....

Colonelu
04.08.2005, 07:35
I think that in g1 he seem more like a thought guy because his speach ,but in g2 he says what the npc's like to hear :)

Godcrusher
04.08.2005, 10:34
Glad that xardas's voice hasnet change a lot. And i whoud like to se that on g3 evry person will have a different voice, not like The voice of Xardas is also a voice of Omar and so on.

Contract
04.08.2005, 14:03
I agree, God. Xardas' voice makes him Xardas. I especially like the fact that the voice of the dragons is the same voice, just a much lower pitch. And the changing of Diego's voice was very disheartening. I really liked his voice. He spoke like a true teacher and friend. The "new" voice is too much like Lester.

ThorTheViking
08.08.2005, 20:22
I sure hope that voices in gothic 3 won't be changed because thats what makes characters special beside their looks. That diegos new voice just doesen't feel the same.

Colonelu
09.08.2005, 08:18
Yeah but i think that Lares voice should remain as g2 because in g1 his voice was like an worrior but he is a thef and in g2 he looks like a thef,he acts like one so pb maked his voice sound a little sharp (just like a voice of a thef) :D

-Jaden-
09.08.2005, 08:35
exactly!! i completely agree with you, Colonelu. I have thought just that same thing :D

ThorTheViking
09.08.2005, 08:43
You know i never thought about lares but you are right Colonelu. I agree

-Jaden-
09.08.2005, 08:47
Because that voice in G2 is totally Lares, fits perfectly with him. But my favourite voice actor is, who acts: Lee, Hagen, Angar, Wulfgar, Marcos, and so on..

ThorTheViking
09.08.2005, 09:02
I like Diegos voice from G1. It fitted him perfectly.

ElieTheGreat
09.08.2005, 17:19
I sure hope that voices in gothic 3 won't be changed because thats what makes characters special beside their looks. That diegos new voice just doesen't feel the same.

God I feel just the same , in G1 he souded like an average 35 - 40 year old now in g2 he sounds like 60 - 80 year old... I WANT HIS OLD VOICE BACk :( !!! oh and I agree with the Lares Theory ! :)

Colonelu
14.08.2005, 10:01
Yeah and about Wolf in g1 he looks much more youngher his about 20-25 y old but in g2 he looks much more a big mercenary about 40 y old , his words in g1 is much more like a young guy but in g2 his words are like a old guy who want to educate you , i like the npc's in g1 but i dont like the transformation of them in g2

rekinu
14.08.2005, 18:39
@topic

how do you think people see magicians on mainland ? and I really think that we will see some new magic, being on the mainland, we can see magicians doing "freestyle" with the magic, maybe some moves during the cast of spell(or wen using the rune), like in the e3 movie. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Colonelu
14.08.2005, 18:59
I dont think they will be seen like in g1 , i think more like in g2 because i think there will be more magicians like in g1 :D

ThorTheViking
18.08.2005, 19:15
I dont think they will be seen like in g1 , i think more like in g2 because i think there will be more magicians like in g1 :D

hm......hm........no sorry i don't get it :D

Colonelu
18.08.2005, 19:40
@Thor

In g1 the mages are supreme , noone can reach the only if they are permited and their knowlege do not share with others only if they do something special for them but in g2 the mages live in a comunity where they make stuff (ex. wine , bread, weed :D ) and sell to others to make money so the mages are different from g1 to g2 and i hope the mages in g3 will be like in g2 or make a new comunity (fighting for exemple) :)

rekinu
18.08.2005, 19:49
I think the magician(the fire ones) are retreated into a big monastery and stay there, being affraid to help the paladins fight the war... the people will have respect for them, but they won't let any enter the monastery, being affraid of an assasination..... :rolleyes: or there will be small groups, who are fighting the orcs.....

Colonelu
18.08.2005, 20:03
Yeah you could be right Rekinu but it could be nice to see that water mages and fire mages will make peace and they will fight togheter to ebanish the evil :D

ThorTheViking
18.08.2005, 20:11
@Colonelu

Mages are not suppream in g1 ore barons are. Yes they are hard to reach because they are protected by guards. And when old mine colapses mages die. Do you really think that gomez wanted the barrier to be destroyed.No he was the king inside the barrier and i if he would find out that you plan to destroy the barrier he would kill you. He didn't kill watermages only because they were guarded by mercenaries. You can't reach mages in g2 too except if you want to join them or when the eye of innos gets you inside the monostery. But i'm sure that in g3 there won't be a special mages comunity because orcs rule the land and people probbably stick together somewhere.

-Jaden-
18.08.2005, 20:18
I think there WILL be a mages community, led by Milten. I'm talking about his academy. In G2 he planned something like it and he tells you about it in Irdorath, after defeating the avatar of evil.

ThorTheViking
18.08.2005, 20:28
It will probably be hard to make an academy in demolished mainland but that would be cool. :D

Colonelu
18.08.2005, 20:29
Yes Thor that is exactly what i am saying , i now that Gomez didnt wanted to destroy the barrier and he killed the fire mages because they were helping the water mages to destroy the barrier , but in g2 the mages think they are the supreme judges thats why they didnt wanted to be disturb from their seeking of knowlege so thats why they didnt wanted to enter somebody to them :)

ThorTheViking
18.08.2005, 20:33
Sorry colonelu i must have misanderstud you. :D

-Jaden-
18.08.2005, 20:58
It will probably be hard to make an academy in demolished mainland but that would be cool. :D

it can't be THAT demolished. at least i hope so. :D I think orcs only wanted to get the king. Why should they touch other regions?

rekinu
18.08.2005, 21:00
hehe, you are funny.... the orcs aren't in war with the king....they are in war with all myrtana, with all human kind....:) :D :D :D :D :D

Colonelu
18.08.2005, 21:00
Thats alright Thor :)
I think if the magicians will build a academy then the building will be well defend or it will be hidden probably somewere :)

-Jaden-
18.08.2005, 21:08
More likely hidden. Those orcs.. maybe with the help of Ur-Shak, you can convince orcs to stop the war. There is no need for that.

Colonelu
18.08.2005, 21:10
Yeah and all the mages will wear an ULU-MULU :D

-Jaden-
18.08.2005, 21:12
I wanna see mages, who dare to take on trolls, shadowbeasts, fire lizards and so on, in order to get such thing.

Colonelu
18.08.2005, 21:14
They will pay the mercs to do such things :D

rekinu
18.08.2005, 21:49
on the mainland, they don't afford to pay a merc for such things, because there is a big land, and the mercs probably aren't so onest, so the mages have to take care of business theirselves(unlike in Khorinis, where they did not have anywhere to go.....)I think mages will not sit so relaxed and pay someone to do erands for them, because as we see in that E3 movie, they are quit in action....:D....

ThorTheViking
23.08.2005, 13:16
Mercenaries are honest they just want bigger rewards if they risk their lives. They take advantage of you. Paladins for example don't want money and do things just for honour but you can't live on honour.

Godcrusher
23.08.2005, 15:21
Mercenaries are honest they just want bigger rewards if they risk their lives. They take advantage of you. Paladins for example don't want money and do things just for honour but you can't live on honour.

whell some mercs are real bastards like Sylwio Bulco and some others. And not all paladins are fuckers.

ThorTheViking
23.08.2005, 17:17
@Godcrusher i agree not all are goodguys.
I prefer mercenaries. Because they were in the colony that doesen't mean they are all cutthroats. Some of them were only thieves. They fight for those who pays them when paladins fight for free.

Godcrusher
23.08.2005, 18:13
@Godcrusher i agree not all are goodguys.
I prefer mercenaries. Because they were in the colony that doesen't mean they are all cutthroats. Some of them were only thieves. They fight for those who pays them when paladins fight for free.

aye. But paladins fight for an ideal that is wrong in most cases like Innos.

rekinu
23.08.2005, 18:19
what makes you think that all mercenaries in the colony were mercenaries when they wore thrown in .... maybe they became mercenaries, when they chose to follow a real one like Lee... this idea involves the armour problem, If they woren't mercenaries when they was thrown in the colony, then where they had those armours ? they made them ? well, the mercenaries from outside the colony have the same armours , why it's that? and they made all the armours in the colony, because do you really think that they had armour on them when they was thrown in ??

ThorTheViking
23.08.2005, 18:27
They made armour in the colony. Mercenaries outside exist since the barrier was destroyed and they came from the VOM.I didn't see raul or silvio in g1 but maybe they joined lee later. I don't think that mercenaries existed before. Lee wasn't a mercenary and he joined them in the colony. So where did he get his armour? Why didn't he join the ore barons?

rekinu
23.08.2005, 18:31
well, Sylvio , Bullco, raoul and company, wore mercenaries, fighting the orcs in Southern Isles... Lee was a general (that is true, sorry for my mistake) but he had knowledge about fighting, and maybe they followed the Mercenary style from outside when they made their armour...they became mercenaries because they protected the magicians, and got paid, so they had to make mercenary armour, and maybe Cord was a mercenary, when he camed in, and he has mercenary knowledge....

ThorTheViking
26.08.2005, 13:17
southern islands? It would be cool to sail there in g3. :D

-Jaden-
26.08.2005, 15:59
@Thor
But, no Southern Isles in G3. Unless they will make it to some Addon.

exodian
26.08.2005, 16:13
Lee wasn't a mercenary and he joined them in the colony. So where did he get his armour? Why didn't he join the ore barons?

My opinion is that Lee joined the mercs, because he is an honorable man. The system used by the old camp is more like a dictatorship, based on curruption and oppression. For a man that was a general and in fact no criminal (except for loving the kings wife :P), with his freedom taking away by unlawfull means, so lowering himself to this level by joining old camp was simply no option. Instead he choose the freedom that was offered in the new camp. Furthermore the mercs in the new camp, unlike the guards are very loyal and will stand up for each other.

well like i said ... my opinion :rolleyes:

Ps, cant wait till he gets his revenge on the king in q3, I hope it will be a bloody one :rolleyes: but probably Lee's profile will do the honorable thing §gnah

ThorTheViking
26.08.2005, 16:30
I think he chose the mercenaries because he became a leader there and in the old camp he would just be a shadow like diego.

exodian
26.08.2005, 17:00
I agree and also disagree, when u enter the colony u are stripped from all your armor and weapons and trown in with scanky closes (I assume every one will be treated the same, like the main character). So no one will hav respect for u at the beginning, exept the ones that know u, but most are criminals anyway.
So u cant become a leader from day one, u hav the prove yourself in a way like yourself did, by climbing the ranks. Maybe it was easier for Lee because he was a general. But anywayz he had to choose a camp. And serving Gomez he would never do, because Gomez is a pig in his eyes, he has no honor (he proves this by killing all the fire mages). So he choose the freedom of new camp, there he became popular for his believes and eventually leader...

I can be wrong but this sounds the most logic to me :)

ThorTheViking
26.08.2005, 17:16
Prisoners killed king guards as soon as they realized that something went wrong. So gomez was probably in the colony already but since he was the best leader with most strong friends he is the leader from the begining. Lee came to the VOM later so becoming a leader in the old camp would be very, very hard since he would have to beat gomez, raven,..... Remember that camps must have existed for years and that all of the people that are inthere werent there from the begining. Also diego tells you that the old camp was the first and the strongest.

Godcrusher
26.08.2005, 18:13
I think that Lee was thrown in wery shortly after Gomez. Realizing hes a fucking ass he went to his own with his followers like Y'berion did.

rekinu
26.08.2005, 20:22
GOmez, and he's troop, whore prisoners (diggers) when the barrier was made (probably in the intro movie he is the one who killed the guard with picaxe), so as Cutter says Gomez, was kind of a leader in their gang before the barrier was created and when he killed the guard and the riot started he became the ruler of Old Camp. Lee was probably a digger at the time (like gomez, they both wore great fighters - you cannot deny that) so maybe Lee, wasn't in Gomez gang when they wore diggers, so he took some guys, and went to new camp (and formed, with Homer, WM and etc....)

Godcrusher
28.08.2005, 21:40
indeed, but first(like the stroy says) they were all regruped in old Camp. I wonder tough what Y'berion did to be thrown in the barrier.

ThorTheViking
28.08.2005, 21:52
He was probaly into swampweed. :D

rekinu
28.08.2005, 22:48
well Beliar sent him... he probably "set" some circumstances under what they accused him and throwed him in the colony, because Beliar knew he had a powerfull believe...;) (and can control a very large group of prayers)...

Faby
29.08.2005, 07:16
Remember,Y'Berion and his group which were once diggers dind't had anything to do with the Sleeper before they were thrown into the Barrier.

rekinu
29.08.2005, 07:28
I know but as I said Beliar knew that Y'berion (if thats he's real name) had powerfull believes, meaning that he can really believe very strong in something, and he could be in touch with Sleeper very easily when this will come near him....;)

Faby
29.08.2005, 07:57
Y'Berion though,wasn't so obsessed about the Sleeper like Kalom.But what do you think?Do you think that Kalom lived in the collaps of the Sleeper's temple?Do you think that Kalom is the Dark Mage before the Undead Dragon?

-Jaden-
29.08.2005, 09:27
Black Magician didn't have any tattoos on his face, like Kalom had.

Faby
29.08.2005, 09:46
But the hero says
Hero:Weren't you a follower of The Sleeper?
D. Mage:Yes,but that is the past>Kalom is the D.Mage.Probably you think that ''yeah,but he could be any sect loonie''.In G2 there is one D.Mage, the only one who was the greatest follower of the Sleeper>Kalom is the Dark Mage.

-Jaden-
29.08.2005, 10:08
What? I don't quite understand. They were all the followers of the Sleeper, so anyone of them could be Black Mage. And Kalom is D.E.A.D. And IF he was still alive, then how did he got out from temple? And it's pretty hard to teleport, if you are lying in rubble.

rekinu
29.08.2005, 11:48
I killed Kalom. so like me 98 % of the players.

so like Gomez in NOTR, resurect Cor Kalom it's a pretty fucked up shit...and if they wanted to resurect Cor Kalom, they have wroted he's name and shit ....

exodian
29.08.2005, 17:17
Hav no idea, who that dark mage at the end is, as far as I know Y'Berion and Kalom died in G1. Interesting for me to kno is what that Xardas is going to do with all that Dark Power he absorbed from that Dark Dragon. Am doubting his motives, cause had the feeling that was his plan from the start of G1 and he used us all to get ther lol. So is he still friend or foe?

gast13
29.08.2005, 18:49
I guess Xardas is neither friend nor foe, he's "only" a dark mage struggling for more power, so he quickly choses and drops his friends and helpers. So far, the namelss hero has been helpful, so he has nothing to fear from Xardas.
In my opinion, this attitude has driven him throughout his whole known carreer, because we learn in the game, that he used to be a fire mage until he got thrown out because of his opportunism concerning black magic, so he became a dark mage who uses Beliar's magic, but still cooperates with water mages or fire mages or any other follower of the other gods, even with the person who seems to be Innos' Chosen One, as long as they can help him with gaining importance. This is why he, unlike Pyrokar, does not hesitate at all when he is asked to repair the Eye of Innos (I hope you understand which amulet I'm talking about, because I don't know how it is called in English).

In my eyes, the character of Xardas was inspired by Saruman from "the Lord of the Rings", because they both are powerful persons who control the course of events and chose their allies without caring whether they are on the dark side or not. So I think that Xardas will be an important character in G3, yet not the main character, but I think that you will have to chose whether you want to support or fight him.

About Lee: I think the reason why Gomez and not Lee is the most important person within the barrier consists in the fact that Lee was treated like a traitor, so that he chose not to go to the Old Camp, because they cooperate with the king. So he joined the water mages and bandits, because they were rebels who tried to escape from the colony.

rockfest
17.10.2005, 15:49
@archol There's only one thing...xardas did what he had to do si he can gain the avatar's power...my opinion is that you can't choose if you want to help him or not. You're going to face him...The choice will be regarding the war between orcs and humans.