PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Stuck in G2:NOTR near Guardian of the Dead

Sankis
27.07.2005, 06:52
I'm doing the quest for the water mages to find some guys tomb (Arg, forget his name. It was long I know that much.) and speak to his ghost. Anyway, while exploring I found something I overlooked before. By the Guardian of the Dead estate theres a small 'island' with 2 stone guardians and a magic bow. The only way across is to jump from a nearby overhang. After several tries I eventually made it over. I then dispatched the stone guardians, looted some chests and scored a nice magic bow.

I then noticed I had another problem - I can't get back over! If you know where i'm talking about, theres a broken bridge and I can't for the life of me make it over. I tried jumping across at several spots but i'm always a bit off and fall to my death. Is there any special jump you can do or something (Once while falling a long distance I got a "Stunt Bonus"? How did I do that?!). I saved too, so I can't just roll back without losing a bunch of progress.

Thanks ahead of time.

(I really hope I get to play a fully english version of the addon one day. Please Gothic 3 be a hit in the states. No game as great as this deserves such little attention overe here)

rockfest
27.07.2005, 07:02
That place isn't very hard to cross.I taght it was very hard to get there(of course when i found the upper edge i noticed that you only have to jump).Anyway if you would have acrobatics(found that skill in a magic stone of dexterity i think) you could easily jump.If you don't have it's just as easy as if you would had it...try to jump exactly from the point whre the bridge just ends,you can't miss it.Oh and...this is for the other gothic players.i saw in a walkthrough of g1 that at the monastery with lester(with the focus stone and the deed) that is said you can't jump to the platform without acrobatics(of course you can get the stone with telekinesis),but i've managed to jump without acrobatics. I don't know if it such a great thing but maybe nobody managed to do that.

Sowilo
27.07.2005, 09:19
If u have a scroll to transform into a beast do it and test out if it can jump better. Or use a speed potion.

rockfest
27.07.2005, 15:29
Oh and...this is for the other gothic players.i saw in a walkthrough of g1 that at the monastery with lester(with the focus stone and the deed) that is said you can't jump to the platform without acrobatics(of course you can get the stone with telekinesis),but i've managed to jump without acrobatics. I don't know if it such a great thing but maybe nobody managed to do that.
Am I right?? :eek:

Morgause
27.07.2005, 16:31
As far as I can remember you find some snapperweed on the platfotm with the bow. Eat it and keep trying to jump - with the extra speed it should work.

Sankis
27.07.2005, 18:06
None of this is working, unfortunately. The snapperweed gives me a nice speed boost but when I jump it slows me down to normal speeds. If I just try to run across I barely hit the other side and fall down. I have a save thats a bit further back, though I don't want to resort to it. Where do I learn acrobatics? The guide i've been using told me to jump and hit up to get across (then says if I can't make it don't worry. No elaboration to that :( ), which i'm assuming is acrobatics.

Arg, so frustrating.

Sowilo
27.07.2005, 18:46
I jumped (we speake about the addon?) without acrobatics with the snapperkraut on this "Iland" back.

U r sure that u r jumping at the closest distance?

Sankis
27.07.2005, 19:05
I'm jumping as close as I can. Do I want to do a running jump or a standing jump, though?

WernerTWC
27.07.2005, 21:15
Hi and welcome to the forum!!!

Take a look at this comic, its in german, but i think the pics should speak they own words:

Magicbow comic (http://worldofgothic.de/sigs/nachtwanderer/g2/magischerbogen.jpg)

Morgause
27.07.2005, 21:28
Running of coarse, the greater distance you run from before you jump, the better - or what do you think the snapperweed is for :p?
Try different places to jump from (indeed I think I can remember that the bridge is not exactly the best spot) and really jump at the edge of the cliff.

Alternatively you could try some scrolls to transform into different animals like lurkers or shadowbeast if you have any.

And if it nothing works at all, the only possibility left is cheating. I' therefor recommand to insert a scroll to transform into a lurker as it is an acceptable way of chating. At least you 'could' have bought the scroll back at I ;):

Therefore press b or c (or whatever button you use to open your stats window)
Then enter: "marvin" (without those "")
Now close your stats window again

Open the console with F2
Enter: "insert ItSc_TrfLurker" (without those "")
Close the console with F2 again

To exit marvin mode open your stats window again
Enter: "42" (without those "")
Close the stats window again

Now you should have the sroll floating in midair in front of you. Good luck!

Edit:
The scroll to transform into a shadowbeast: "insert ItSc_TrfShadowbeast" instad of "insert ItSc_TrfLurker" (without those "")

Sankis
27.07.2005, 21:40
Hi and welcome to the forum!!!

Take a look at this comic, its in german, but i think the pics should speak they own words:

Magicbow comic (http://worldofgothic.de/sigs/nachtwanderer/g2/magischerbogen.jpg)

Ah, thanks for that. Glad to know its a common problem. I'm going to try the snapperweed jumping again, then if that doesn't work i'll cheat. Though the last few panels have acrobatics - Where do I learn that? Is that an Addon thing or a Vanilla Gothic 2 thing?

Morgause
27.07.2005, 21:44
No, you learn Acrobatics as soon as you have a dex of at least 90. And this only works in the addon, in the original Gothic II Acrobatics wasn't implemented.

Sowilo
27.07.2005, 21:50
Afaik u can't learn acrobatic the basis game.

Only in the addon u can learn it if u have more than 90 dex.

TheWonderer
27.07.2005, 23:08
Snapperweed/Speedpotion is not of great help, because in G2 you don't jump farther with speed than without, but for some people it seems to be easier anyway. It's just important to jump at the right moment from the very last edge, here is an example-video (664kB) (http://www.8ung.at/xrem/jump.mpg) of a normal jump, just to see how it could be..

Oh and...this is for the other gothic players.i saw in a walkthrough of g1 that at the monastery with lester(with the focus stone and the deed) that is said you can't jump to the platform without acrobatics(of course you can get the stone with telekinesis),but i've managed to jump without acrobatics. I don't know if it such a great thing but maybe nobody managed to do that.
Am I right?? :eek:
Actually this jump without acrobatic is part of my fastrun.. ;)

rockfest
28.07.2005, 08:40
Great...at least i'm not the only one...anyway Wonderer i hope i'll see your fastrun as soon as i can. About NOTR jumping : i don't know what's such a big problem...i jumped without acrobatics,without snapperweed,without transformation as easy as you would jump over a fence...BTW :eek:

Sankis
29.07.2005, 05:47
Ah, i finally did it. I had to find the sweet spot. I wish i'd solved it sooner though, since i've already started a new game of gothic 1, heh.

rockfest
29.07.2005, 08:10
Good for you...

ArmyOfOne
22.12.2005, 07:41
None of this is working, unfortunately. The snapperweed gives me a nice speed boost but when I jump it slows me down to normal speeds. If I just try to run across I barely hit the other side and fall down. I have a save thats a bit further back, though I don't want to resort to it. Where do I learn acrobatics? The guide i've been using told me to jump and hit up to get across (then says if I can't make it don't worry. No elaboration to that :( ), which i'm assuming is acrobatics.

Arg, so frustrating.

Haha I just got over that broken bridge today! Yes you can use Snapperweed... I tried it at first and it did not work because I didn't get a good running start. Make sure you start running FROM FAR AWAY so your char can pick up enough speed to jump the bridge and you should make it easily.

by the way, who teaches acrobatics ? cant find him/her yet...

WernerTWC
22.12.2005, 09:26
by the way, who teaches acrobatics ? cant find him/her yet...
There is no teacher for acrobatics, you learn it automaticly when you have 90 Dex.