PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Need help Installing NOTR

DFA
26.07.2005, 19:03
I've Followed the following steps in the right order:

* Install Gothic II. Let's assume you have chosen the folder C:\Program Files\Jowood\Gothic II
* Download the files Gothic2_130_de.exe and Gothic2_130_en.bat
* Copy both Gothic2_130_de.exe and Gothic2_130_en.bat into C:\Program Files\Jowood\Gothic II
* Run Gothic2_130_en.bat and wait till it has finished.

* Run the add-on setup (Gothic2-Addon-Setup.exe) from the CD and install "Die Nacht des Raben".
^^
When I get to this step, The setup starts, installs a couple of files, then asks for a CD, I'm guessing the Original NOTR CD, but it's inserted already!

And that's basically where I'm stuck at, can anyone shine some light on this for me? §gnah I'm dying to finally play NOTR...

Sowilo
26.07.2005, 19:48
First, welcome in the forum.

Second, sounds like a known problem.

- close all anti vir programs, firewalls and all what u don't need with the task manager.
- if u have a via mainboard install the newest drivers with an intel board(p3/p4) u will find them at their support site
- make sure that u have no spyware at ur pc
- clean ur cd drive

if it don't work say it and I will ask a few guys who know more about that.

DFA
26.07.2005, 20:45
Thanks for the welcome :D

And thanks for replying too.

- Closed every program, down to just explorer and task manager.
- I have the latest mainboard drivers.
- Just checked for spyware with 2 different apps, a couple of entries came up, sent them to kingdom come.
- Cleaned the CD Drive with a (barely used) lens-cleaning CD.

Tried again, still nothing :confused:

Sowilo
26.07.2005, 21:02
K (I just read the German FAQ for this problem, I don't have any knowledge^^), can u open a thread like this in English (with the text that u tested my hints too) in the German Technical Support (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137) forum? There r a few guys who know what to do :)

DFA
26.07.2005, 21:21
Done.

Thanks alot! :D

ThorTheViking
27.07.2005, 01:29
:D :D :D :D Just click the icons and maybe you will make it. :D :D :D :D

Sowilo
27.07.2005, 09:16
Np, I am glad that it works.

(a hint, beware of the dragons ;))