PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic Multiplayer

-Jaden-
26.07.2005, 17:58
If there was such thing, would you play it? Think about it. World of Gothic server, you can create your own characters and accounts, people go leveling into scavanger pits for example, tougher guys co'operate with mages and try to take on a black troll, mages ice block troll while warriors kill it.. VoM could be area for tougher guys who go leveling there.. of course all the npc thing is remade.. at the start you will be spawned in xardases tower pentagram.. there will some kind of guide who tells what is going on.. mercenaries and militia pwn each other.. guild chats.. admins make events.. would be kinda cool, huh? :) Do you think, PB/JoWood should consider it? Why they always say: "No!" everywhere?

Sowilo
26.07.2005, 18:32
First, the PB's don't have unlimited ressources. But they want to make a really good game. At the beginning they wanted to make a mp modi in G1. But there where problems.

The PB's didn't want to make a simple mp mode like in D2 where u have a "slaughter-group" only and the party is treaten as "one" player (esspecially quests).

They wanted to make a mp mode where the players have the possibility to join different camps and can play together or against the others.

But there is one problem. If 3 want to join one guild u have to make 3 time more quests as if only one want to join this guild. So u have to make for each guild so many quests more than players can join it.

Or if there r quests with more steps. And an other player make the 2nd step as the first the 2nd player don't know the background of the quest.

In brief, for a "free" mp mode (not so simple like D2) the PB had to invest many time so that the single player players would have less freedom and would have to pay for the large mp mode although if they don't use it.

The PB's made the decision, a good single player or a good multiplayer game. U know the result^^.

-Jaden-
26.07.2005, 19:45
What if they wont make quests. It doesn't have to be exactly like single player. You just join the guild and that's it. Maybe pay a little gold to the guild as an admission fee.

Sowilo
26.07.2005, 19:49
They wanted to make one game. Not 2, a mp and a sp game. But I know what u mean, I want a gothic mp too^^.

-Jaden-
26.07.2005, 19:58
What if some fans, who are very experienced in editing and such, will consider something like it?

Sowilo
26.07.2005, 20:00
The PB's said that is it so good as impossible to add an mp mode to gothic 1 or 2.

-Jaden-
26.07.2005, 21:25
Oh well.. ok. Still good to dream about it. :) I'm glad that G3 is going to be made edit friendly, so we can except lot's of mods and Gothic will never bore us. :)

ThorTheViking
27.07.2005, 00:21
The world would have to be really big like 5 times bigger than it will be in g3 because there would be a lot players. Lots of quests and lots of other things. So if i was piranha bytes i would made gothic 3 and 4 and then make a game like wow just with gothic theme. And i would really put a lot of work in it so it comes out the best.

rockfest
27.07.2005, 07:39
I don't know very much about it but is gothic open-source??I mean can see the source of the game anywhere???I don't know if that would help me in some way but who knows????So can i get it from somewhere???

ElieTheGreat
27.07.2005, 07:49
Yup I can Imagine it now , the best thing EVER , THEN Gothic will never bore us ... we'd make groups of ppl and fight another group like in some other games ... I don't see it as play the same Game but with multiple ppl ... no ! I see it as , us here in WoG make lots of forums : Peanut Forum, Gothic General (like this one) , Multiplayer...

In the multiplayer ppl would join up together Ex: Crusher, Jaden, rockfest would come up on the multiplayer server same time everyday and fight against other groups ex: Thor, Werner, Rekinu ... and you know they'd be like 10 SMALL different maps where each person's Player (as trainted in singer player mode) joins his team again and fight another team one on one , ... They be SEVERAL teams in the same map ...

get it ?

-Jaden-
27.07.2005, 07:58
I'd feel better if there were same maps. Can't imagine, how would they be overcrowded. I mean, I can imagine it, but it's not likely. Khorinis, VoM, Jharkendar, Irdorath. Should be enough imo.

rockfest
27.07.2005, 07:59
Ohh come on Elie,why do you have to make so unnhapy,i mean,it would be a dream comed true to me.Playing with my hero against others(anyway it should be possible to play with another character,skin or something because immagine how all the players will look the same soo).Anyway i will keep dreaming about it and when i'll wake up i'll put my keyboard and play gothic like always... :(

ElieTheGreat
27.07.2005, 09:31
You don't have to thank me Thor, I like your Pics and you're really creative That's what I think :) !
Now why don't you two shake hands and kiss ? :p lol Just Joking .

rekinu
27.07.2005, 21:18
look, elie, your vision on G multi player mode is like Counter Strike... jeez :rolleyes: we should make teams and fight each one another? maybe another game, not gothic... gothic isn't for multi player.

or you could play G mp, like there are 5 guys, playing in the same time, and they have to do a fast run, who finishes gothic first. it will be like a race.... and with respawns of the focuses and etc...(blah...just stupid idea....:D)

ThorTheViking
27.07.2005, 22:38
It is not fun to play a game like that rekinu. But i agree with you ElieTG that joining diffrent camps would be fun. We could trade between kamps and fight for domiantion. Or go into war against orc armies. But the world would defenetly had to be much bigger.

rockfest
28.07.2005, 08:47
Or what about...a server with 5 or 6 i don't know everyone playing a role in the game...diego,gorn,hero,etc...doing some different quests...

Godcrusher
30.07.2005, 20:45
@ T- man

Or in a open camp war. New and Swamp whoud yoin to kill Gomez and the bastards and then kill each other. The surrvivers whoud create something completly new then :D

ElieTheGreat
31.07.2005, 18:55
Jeez yourself rek lol I'm afraid every1 agrees that it'd be fun to make groups like 5 groups , each group containing Mages, Mercs , Paladins, Thieves ...

you know just like our group in single player, Diego, Gorn, Melvin, Lester, and the hero and perhaps Xardas ya know like that and the groups like set out in different place in a specified map, VoM Let's say , and they make stratigic attacks and who know there could even be camps :p if you want it to be like real big every player in every group could have his own troups, like when you summon "Army of Darkness" but real ppl you can command them arround coz you and like lets say the other members of YOUR group are the leaders of your camp and the same goes on with other groups and there's animals and stuff and battles or groups can ally against a third one and assasinate them ...

lol You know Then Gothic would have something else in it ;) where you are not only stuck with non feeling programs and AI , but where you can open you internet and interact with other players like every1 in this forum and show what you are talking about ;)

and well Multiplayer is Multiplayer Rekinu you can say all multiplayer are alike , but otherwise I don't see the hero bearing any bullets, Machineguns or bombs on him, do you ? no ? good for you :p lol

ThorTheViking
01.08.2005, 11:03
Imagine you would have to build your own camp with other camp members. And when you defeat an enemy you would burn down their camp so that they have to rebuild it. Until it is done you we would have some peace. :D
When you come to a camp you build your own place to live. (that depands on the rank you are-live in a hut if you are low or in a castle if you are very high). When you trade you set the price and a player ether buys the item or he doesen't. There would be diffrent professions. If you are a smith you would be able to make your own swords the way you choose them. You make your own hilt, blade, handle ....If you are a farmer than you sell other goods. An alchemist would sell potions And magician would sell scrolls and runes. An armourer would make new and interesting armours. All the people would be payed daily and those who would get a better pay in other camp they would leave this one and join oter one. But that would also mean that the leaders would have to talk amongst eachother to make the pays as similar as possible. When an important man changes the camp than it means it brings all the secrets to the enemy. If someone betrays a camp there would be people (like police) that would find out who is he and arest him or kill him. But if they catch the wrong one he spends an hour in jail and can't be killed. There could be public executins like hanging or beheding. When one is charged with murder or betrayal when he is executed(he can choose prison but that means that he can only be in prison for some time depends on the crime he commited-murder 300 hours) But when one is executed he looses all of his gold and 30% of his experiance. That mens lower level and lover skills. Uf i could go on and on :D ....

-Jaden-
01.08.2005, 11:20
Public executions, lol :D i can just imagine, when somebody is tossed into the arena with bloodhounds, wargs or other. i also like your market price setting idea. and, think what advance of price Sect Camp has. they can set their own price of swampweed even to 100 ore, or more, because nobody else hasn't it. and every day 00:00 o'clock there will be respawn to monsters and deliveries from outside world arrive, then they send somebody to get the supplies, and they may be attacked by other players. (imagine the crowd at the trading square) people would have to store their stuff in their chests, if they don't want to lose it. and tougher guys even own a hut. you can set your own code to your doors (i mean that lockpick thing LRRLLRLRL and so on..) to protect your wares from thieves. guards would have to keep an eye on people, especially at night. arena fights.. people bet money.. some of them lose for purpose.. if you know what i mean..

ThorTheViking
01.08.2005, 12:06
It would be also nice that it doesen't matter what kind of a sword you have the damage depends only on someones strenght and skill. So people would wear more diffrent and beautiful weapons. When you are strong enough you can wear two-handed weapons. But every camp will have it's own politics and in some of them there would be law-free so you could do what you want. But it would be a rough camp. All of that depends on the leaders. Laws would be created and you would have to learn them and obey them. Theft would be punished by paying a fine to the camp. The more money the camp owns the better pays it can give. But number of camps would have to be limited. When you choose your profession you can get better in it for instance: when you are a blacksmith you can also gain experience but you must sell as much weapons as possible. If you make 300 swords and sell them 250 you would gain money and EXP. It depends on how beautiful and cheap they are. If people like your work than you will gain from it if not you will have to live on smallest expenses. You would have to be creative. If you have some friends in other professions it can be an advantage because they can give(exchange) the goods for free. Miners would provide metals, Lumberjacks wood, Farmers weeds and food and other plants, Hunter would provide skins and claws and stuff.... Other professions would be secondary (weaponmaker, Shieldmaker, Armourer, Alchemist, Magician, goldsmith, Horsemaster,...) They would buy raw materials and make items from them. When you get higher level you can learn some of the other professions if someone wants to teach you. But you learn that just for making some simple things. The leaders would choose the bravest and smartest warriors and pay them to join the army and to counquer new teritories and camps. One clan can own up to 6 camps. It would be interesting to see which leadrs can handel so many people. To become a leader you must be vouted. If the people like you than you get elected. Than you put men that you think will work best on some lower positions. Fighting would be of a great meaning. There would be 4 levels of fighting but the skill would have to be learned. So when someone is much stronger than you but you both have 4th level on fighting you can still beat him. Depens on what moves you choose. Whan a camp leader thinks that a camp is strong enough it can invade other camps and rob or even kill and destroy everything. Depends in a deal. You can't rob the main treasury so if they pay you enough you dont kill and destroy everything. When people see that a leader doesen't work for their benefit they can rebel and elect another man.

rekinu
01.08.2005, 20:31
now these are great ideas for a multiplayer gothic...every player would have to have a role, one guard , one digger, but the hero should not exist anymore, because who will play the heroes role ? it will be unfair, because it is a nice role and alot will want it...

but this kind of game would be very big, very very very complex, and who would make this kind of game will struck pure gold, so..... but it takes alot of work to make a game so complex....(and alot of resources.... )

ThorTheViking
01.08.2005, 21:23
Thanx rekinu i hope that PB will read our ideas. Maybe someday there will be gothic online.

rekinu
01.08.2005, 21:27
well, I think they could make a different game than Gothic....I mean they will get the necessary resources by launching G3, and start working on a real world, just like gothic world, but another name....not Gothic Online, or Gothic Multiplayer.......sth like The Gothic World, or The Real Times of Gothic...

Seon
01.08.2005, 22:15
Its nice to see my ideas to be supported by you guys...Well in order to make Gothic an mp it would mean that they would have to work on the towns and such, housings for the players, but quests would be unnesessary. Ever played UO? how many quests you played there?Its all for RP ans sme hack & slash or Magic experience. So Gothic could easily become an mp...all it needs is to add a few things to g3 and make it online game...

Colonelu
01.08.2005, 22:18
And in the online game you could make a war or a battle between some guys :D :D :D

ThorTheViking
02.08.2005, 19:58
thats exactly what i'm saying

ElieTheGreat
09.08.2005, 13:33
now these are great ideas for a multiplayer gothic...every player would have to have a role, one guard , one digger, but the hero should not exist anymore, because who will play the heroes role ? it will be unfair, because it is a nice role and alot will want it...

but this kind of game would be very big, very very very complex, and who would make this kind of game will struck pure gold, so..... but it takes alot of work to make a game so complex....(and alot of resources.... )

Diggers ? why the heck will there be diggers ? I don't think any player would waste his time online digging in mines , that's just boring ... and OF COURSE there wont be any hero , that shouldn't even be discussed lol not only is it unfair but no1 would play the game coz then it would look real stupid and + what will the hero be for, the wont be a story or someth it's just camps fighting for survival either peacefully or with blood spilt everywhere .

well It will be complex OF COURSE , but for the guys at PB and Jowood I think it would just be another chalenge as G1 or G2 or G3 , or even easier i dunno , coz the others need storyboards and scripts and whatnots , in the multiplayer if we talk together it would seem like chating on msn lol

ThorTheViking
12.08.2005, 12:51
Maybe some guys would like to be diggers. You can leave this option opend. But if there won't be enough diggers they would be well payed and could buy anything. And then maybe some of others would become diggers. :D

-Jaden-
12.08.2005, 14:48
@Thor

So you could sell the ore by yourself and get good profit.

ThorTheViking
12.08.2005, 17:53
that's what i mean. And the camp you work for would have to protect you because someone could rob you.

rekinu
13.08.2005, 06:03
and you will be respected as being a digger, have a nice hut in the camp....(there shouldn't be a barrier....) so the diggers won't be forced to nothing....

Cathar the Great
13.08.2005, 12:43
guys, go play WoW :D

nah, i hope there won't be the slightest trace of a multiplayer in g3 and all the pb's recources will be spent in the sp

rekinu
14.08.2005, 00:34
not in gothic 3....maybe another game, that looks like gothic where you can do whatever you please, interacting with real people. :rolleyes:

Zaratul
14.08.2005, 00:49
PB can make (after G3) Gothic : MP game :D Special game of Gothic for multiplayer! :) he he... that would be something!

ThorTheViking
18.08.2005, 19:20
No i don't think about multiplayer in G3 but about special MMORPG World of Gothic. Where you can steal from your best friends :D . But if a person catches you while you try to open his chest run for your life.

rekinu
18.08.2005, 19:33
and if you die, you will have to respawn as a guy , whithout any clothes, and any money, and you will have to find a way to 'remake' your life.

Colonelu
18.08.2005, 19:34
Ive seen that real :D , one time i went to a friend and he was playing Kinght online , and he stole the caracter of a friend of his that he was living near, then after some days he came to my friend and made a fight for that stupid game .... incredible how stupid are they :D

ThorTheViking
18.08.2005, 19:36
Fighting about such a thing is really stupid.

-Jaden-
18.08.2005, 20:24
Some guy in Korea stabbed his friend, cause he sold his virtual sword which was main prize in some contest.

ThorTheViking
18.08.2005, 20:34
Ok now that is crazy and very sad.

-Jaden-
18.08.2005, 20:52
He just marched into his room while everybody were sleeping and did it, and when his dad woke up about this mess he found his son stabbed to dead, because of a sword, that existed in virtual world. World is crazy.

rekinu
18.08.2005, 20:52
maybe only stabbed him , that doesn't mean that he died.... :rolleyes:
but yes, that means the guy really loved he's virtual sword more than he's friend....

Colonelu
18.08.2005, 20:58
I heard that some kids in America played Gta - Vice city then grad a shotgun from the house and shoot all the people until the cops appear :D

-Jaden-
18.08.2005, 21:10
There was a guy in US, who was called "gay" in school, and then he took his class to hostage. He had M16 with him and threatened to kill them all off, if they call him again like that.

enough of this.. Let's not spam. Right, rekinu? :D

rekinu
18.08.2005, 21:54
hehe that's what I wanted to say in this here post...:D :D (joke.... :rolleyes:, i'm not a mode, I just want to remember you to stop when spam is taking over... :D :D :D )

ThorTheViking
21.08.2005, 12:51
Anyway i talked to a friend about Multiplayer and we came up with some ideas.
There don't have to be diggers as real players there could be npc's.
And i also think that your level shouldn't have to do with your ability to fight.
Because some of us don't have time to spend 10 hours a day to make it somewhere. Fighting should be based on players reflexes and his thinking of using right attack moves.
NEWS:!!!!
Check the animals in this mmorpg game and tell me if you find any similarities. I think we just myght have gotic-like world multiplayer game before PB makes it.
what do you think?

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/bestiary.php

Lumpy
12.10.2005, 17:15
First, the PB's don't have unlimited ressources. But they want to make a really good game. At the beginning they wanted to make a mp modi in G1. But there where problems.

The PB's didn't want to make a simple mp mode like in D2 where u have a "slaughter-group" only and the party is treaten as "one" player (esspecially quests).

They wanted to make a mp mode where the players have the possibility to join different camps and can play together or against the others.

But there is one problem. If 3 want to join one guild u have to make 3 time more quests as if only one want to join this guild. So u have to make for each guild so many quests more than players can join it.

Or if there r quests with more steps. And an other player make the 2nd step as the first the 2nd player don't know the background of the quest.

In brief, for a "free" mp mode (not so simple like D2) the PB had to invest many time so that the single player players would have less freedom and would have to pay for the large mp mode although if they don't use it.

The PB's made the decision, a good single player or a good multiplayer game. U know the result^^.
How could that be possible? Since Gothic had almost nothing to do besides the main quest, how would that work? OK, they can each join a different camp, but then what? One gets the focus, the next one gets the minecrawler eggs and the third gets the almanac? And then, who gets Uriziel? It might work in a game like Morrowind, where each could have a separate storyline, but in Gothic?

rockfest
12.10.2005, 23:56
How could that be possible? Since Gothic had almost nothing to do besides the main quest, how would that work? OK, they can each join a different camp, but then what? One gets the focus, the next one gets the minecrawler eggs and the third gets the almanac? And then, who gets Uriziel? It might work in a game like Morrowind, where each could have a separate storyline, but in Gothic?
Well that's why the guys at PB never wanted to complicate things. It would have been a real tough job. And if you can observe Sowilo said something that the quests should multiply so the number of quests should have been bigger than the number of players. And that wasn't the only problem.

rekinu
13.10.2005, 09:13
Gothic Isn't For Multiplayer.

Faby
13.10.2005, 09:46
A Multiplayer Gothic would be an improvement,but not a good one.

Dez
13.10.2005, 10:24
If they ever expand to multiplayer, it has to be a totally separate game. If you ask me: should they? I'd shout loud and clear: NO! I love good singleplayer rpgs, and there are not too many of them on the market.What ever Piranhas are planing in terms of next game, i hope it is single player game.They have a great talent creating belivable worlds.Besides multiplayer games are a whole different area, about which piranhas don't have any previous experience.

black_worm
02.12.2006, 10:42
Hey guys.Im a gothic game lover to.And i want to ask.U know something of a gothic multiplayer?it exists?i seen some images with many people in a team fighting and im SURE its not from the gothic singleplayer.If u know something please tell me.:cool:

WernerTWC
02.12.2006, 20:20
Hi and §welcome to the forum!

No,.. .there is no multiplayer Gothic. Maybe you could link the pics you are talking about?

dark-cz-klaw
04.12.2006, 02:28
Hey guys, maybe Gothic multiplayer could work, some guy already created a multiplayer mod for Oblivion, here's the link below:

http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~mloxto01/

And some more things about Gothic multiplayer that I believe could work:
Have any of you guys ever played Runescape? I know the game is not that good, but it's world is similar to Gothic's! There could be "servers" of Gothic that could support a max of say 1000 players. And each "server" could have the same worlds/levels, and once PB has laid the groundwork for that game (meaning that the game is ready for release), then a separate team of PB could work on the Gothic Multiplayer World, each week/month adding a little bit of this or a little bit of that, and could expand the world! I like all the ideas said above, most of which I wanted to say. Plus, if there could be quests, then quest items picked up by players could respawn for other players, and the player who has already achieved the item could not pick it up again.
But if PB decides to follow the "OK kids, you're all on your own now" idea where players shape their own world (with PB still expanding and making updates to the area), then that would be great too. If players tried logged off their accounts, they would have to wait like 10-30 seconds since recent combat, and log off. When they log on again, they would respawn in the same exact position where they were when they logged off. There could be private chat, and local chat.
I hope PB will consider these ideas one day...

XendoX
04.12.2006, 20:09
that will work to,earlier in my post i posted something like you,the servers,like in knightonline,i think the whole thing would be FANTASTIC!(in anhother thread)

Stokkolm
04.12.2006, 20:57
I think that black_worm may be referring to the screenshots found right here at WoG. For example:
http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/gothic/76.jpg
http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/gothic/66.jpg
http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/gothic/62.jpg
I finished Gothic I three times but these screens are nonsense :confused:

strange little guy
04.12.2006, 21:31
cheats maybe?
maybe they "transported" them all together to make a nice pic?
i'm don't know so much about g1, so what exactly makes these pictures nonsense?

btw: a gothic mp would be great, would be fantastic if pb made a mmorpg.
(I don't think it's going to happen though)

dark-cz-klaw
05.12.2006, 01:59
The person(s) who posted those screenshots probably most likely used Marvin mode, and probably either wanted to fool viewers into thinking "is that Gothic Multiplayer?" or just wanted to show how a Gothic multiplayer could look like.

And yes, these screenshots are nonsense! §kotz

xard@$
05.12.2006, 13:28
People , STOP this nonsesnse . Gothic is a game of quests and things like that . If it were a multiplayer a player would have to give a other on e quests - verry imposoble and a MULTIPLAYER would ruin the king of all RPG's

WernerTWC
05.12.2006, 20:13
I think that black_worm may be referring to the screenshots found right here at WoG. For example:
http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/gothic/76.jpg
http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/gothic/66.jpg
http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/gothic/62.jpg
I finished Gothic I three times but these screens are nonsense :confused:

These screens are from an early Gothic-1-pre-alpha-version, some of those screens you can find on the first official g1-page:
http://www.gothicthegame.com/

Others were on some other pages (or at least on one page), sorry, i don't have the links to it.

dark-cz-klaw
09.12.2006, 16:37
People , STOP this nonsesnse . Gothic is a game of quests and things like that . If it were a multiplayer a player would have to give a other on e quests - verry imposoble and a MULTIPLAYER would ruin the king of all RPG's

Now now, I said a "maybe quest" option, but right under the idea I imputted another idea. So a multiplayer Gothic could work... Just think about it, a Gothic-world, in perhaps say in a game called "Gothic 4: Multiplayer" or something like that, where you can go and level up by beating up people or killing them, or you can go enjoy a beer at a tavern or follow orders for your camp, or even be the leader of a camp, the democratic president or a cruel tyrant.

Just think about it, if PB ever decides to do this, you'll enjoy it... §prost §xmas

Lazor
09.12.2006, 21:07
I nice title for a MMORPG gothic game would be:World of Gothic-just like the site's name ;)

dark-cz-klaw
15.12.2006, 01:45
I nice title for a MMORPG gothic game would be:World of Gothic-just like the site's name ;)

Yeah, that would be a nice name, or Gothic:ULTIMA

§prost §prost §prost