PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : G2: B:VFILE: Err:-2:

ElieTheGreat
26.07.2005, 00:44
I am having problems when I load a game in G2 ... the game crashes :( and it puts an error "B:VFILE: Err:-2: Can't find file:_WORK\DATA\ANIMS\_COMPILED\ITMW_2H_ORCAXE_03.MRM Code: 255"
§cry Help !!!!

Edit: Sometimes I get:
B:VFILE: Err:-2: Can't find file:_WORK\DATA\SOUND\ITMW_2H_ORCAXE_03.MRM Code: 255

Sowilo
26.07.2005, 10:48
Here is the answer (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=823392&#post823392) (German)

Solution1: Install Patch 1.30 (http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&release_id=66)

Solution2: deactive background music

Solution3: Start a new game, save it. And than load the savegame which u couldn't load.

ThorTheViking
27.07.2005, 01:37
Just like Sowilo said. I tottaly agree ;)

ElieTheGreat
27.07.2005, 08:42
Wow Sowilo You always have the ansewr don't you ? lol Thanks ALOT !! :D You rock !

Sowilo
27.07.2005, 09:27
Wow Sowilo You always have the ansewr don't you ? lol Thanks ALOT !! :D You rock !
It works? Cool!
I just translate the German tachnical FAQ in the forum.
A few of the hints seems to be sth like run 3 time around a tree and then paint ur nose green with red points and it will work.. but.. its works really^^.

ElieTheGreat
27.07.2005, 10:04
Hey, when I posted that new thread anyway I tried alot of stuff , I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and stuff and tried new game and it worked so I said to myself if New game is working why isn't it loading I tried once more and it worked after you gave me the 3 solutions , now i know how my game started working again :)

But anyways I downloaded the Patch but when I get to the point where I have to browse where to install I put the Gothic 2 Directory but the next button still doesn't work . What should I do ? Thanks anway Sowilo, You Rock. Again. lol :D

Sowilo
27.07.2005, 10:34
Hrgl sry, cause it is the Gemran patch. Its possible, that u allready have version 1.30?

ElieTheGreat
27.07.2005, 10:48
um, I have the english Version 1.30 , does it work with it ? what should i do ? or is there no way ? :confused:

Sowilo
27.07.2005, 10:53
If u allready have version 1.30 u can't patch it to 1.30^^. U don't have any problems yet so that the patch isn't necessary?

ElieTheGreat
27.07.2005, 11:12
oops , right :rolleyes: sorry, but why do I have this error problem sometimes then ? :confused:

-Jaden-
27.07.2005, 11:19
Why don't you store your savegames and reinstall the game? (Don't know if it helps though.)

Sowilo
27.07.2005, 11:20
oops , right :rolleyes: sorry, but why do I have this error problem sometimes then ? :confused:
cause there r other sources too...

WernerTWC
27.07.2005, 21:30
I am having problems when I load a game in G2 ... the game crashes :( and it puts an error "B:VFILE: Err:-2: Can't find file:_WORK\DATA\ANIMS\_COMPILED\ITMW_2H_ORCAXE_03.MRM Code: 255"
§cry Help !!!!

Edit: Sometimes I get:
B:VFILE: Err:-2: Can't find file:_WORK\DATA\SOUND\ITMW_2H_ORCAXE_03.MRM Code: 255

Which sytem you are running gothic on?

When you use WinXP you can try this:
- deinstall gothic (remember: copy your savegames somewhere!)
- restart
- make a new account in WindowsXP (for example: "Goth2")
- restart
- start PC with new account "Goth2", install G2 (addon) there (for all useres, if asked)
- restart
- start with your old windows account, copy the savegames, start gothic

It was working on my PC in this way, maybe you give it a try!

ElieTheGreat
28.07.2005, 02:01
Why don't you store your savegames and reinstall the game? (Don't know if it helps though.)

Lol ! That's the first thing I ever did.

And Thanks Werner ! :D but that 's just too long I'll stick to Sowilo 's second solution, it seems to be always working , start new game , load game from there :) Thanks anyway Every1.

Edit: by the way nice new star wars sig Werner ;)

lilfishy5689
06.05.2007, 17:44
On some game files it does this and others it doesn't, so I've taken to saving each time on multiple files (I now have like 8 files all saved at around the same place because some randomly don't work!)

I'm getting "B: VFILE: Err: -2: Can't find file: _WORK\DATA\SOUND\ITMW_2H_ORCSWORD_02.MRM Code: 255"

Before I try any of hte solutions up there I wanna know, what is causing this? Just out of curiosity I'd like to know -why- I'm getting that error message, because it only happens sometimes... confusion! It's odd because I'll do nothing in between saving it on two files and then one of them will work, but the other will not. It's confusing. Can someone try to explain WHY, not HOW to fix it? Please and thank you :)

WernerTWC
06.05.2007, 22:02
Can someone try to explain WHY, not HOW to fix it? Please and thank you :)
Mhhh,... this is kinda a philosophic question! ;)
All i can say is that my PC react's from time to time "unlogical",... maybe PC's do have feelings?!?! http://mitglied.lycos.de/mmsm/s1/ewr003.gif

Serenagade
07.05.2007, 07:22
you could also just repair G2 with uninstall and then repair.....

lilfishy5689
24.09.2007, 21:16
...I'm back at this thread again, sadly! My game has been crashing all morning, just now, it wasn'tl ast night! It does it at any time, whether I'm just playing... loading... saving... anything. It's really irritating!

The most recent I got, twice in a row, was when I was speaking to Sagitta for the first time and looked at her shop and I was scrolling through my inventory and at the same place it freezes and shuts down and I get,

B: VFILE: Err: -2: Can't find file: _WORK\DATA\TEXTURES\ITKE_LOCKPICK.MRM Code: 255

I know that error message type is nothing new, but I'm wondering, why does it crash in the exact same place, and how am I missing the texture of a lockpick??

WernerTWC
24.09.2007, 21:40
I know that error message type is nothing new, but I'm wondering, why does it crash in the exact same place, and how am I missing the texture of a lockpick??
When suddenly data on the PC is changing, i would check for viruses and such.
Backup your save-games and reinstall the game i'd say.