PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [NEWS] More RISEN reviews

World of Risen
10.10.2009, 01:31
The seemingly unending flood of reviews for RISEN keeps coming:

Site

Rating

Version

Excerpt

IGN

PC

Whether or not you'll enjoy Piranha Bytes' Risen really depends on what kind of gamer you are. Though this is a more humble and user-friendly product than Gothic titles past, it's still very much a hardcore role-playing game.

msxbox-world.com

Xbox

As an average RPG fan, fun moments in Risen came in doses and to get to them, it required some patience which includes saving lots, various boring missions and taking plenty of damage. The visuals don't seem like a big problem, regardless of the low textures in places as the game looks pretty enough for a fantasy tropical island.

SimJunkies.org

-

PC

But I can tell you this, for me, this is probably the best game in the RPG mediveal genre that I have ever played. [...] If you only buy one mediveal RPG game this year, you better make sure it is RISEN.

AceGames.co.uk

7/10

Xbox

For now, though, if you're looking for an involving and absorbing, albeit flawed, hack-n-slash RPG - or even just a little sun, sand, sea and sorcery - Risen's Faranga might just be the destination for you.

Homepage (http://www.worldofrisen.de/?section=newsdetail&id=804)

RobinHood 13.
10.10.2009, 03:23
Latest reviewer should get his facts correct.

He claims Risen has copied Oblivion in many ways, which is according to him a masterpiece, and so it seems that he fails to see what games they have developed, and that they easily outdate Oblivion.

He can't have played much of the game, because he says, in swamp you become one of the Don's men (melee specialized), while in Monestary you will learn staff fighting and some magic. Now comes the special part. In town, he says you can join the inquisition which are the uber magicians.....:confused:.

He also said combat was hack n slash. Well if Risen is hack n slash, what isn't? He's completely wrong, and he claimed AI was set to charge at all times which sounds like they will just try to attack constantly, something which is awfully wrong.

You can begin to wonder what kinda people review those games.

foobar
10.10.2009, 12:14
You can begin to wonder what kinda people review those games.

Hey, I got an AOL webpage together with that internet thingie! Now I'm gonna review games! :D