PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [Discussion Thread] Ironkeep Modder's Compendium

Korianous
06.10.2009, 21:09
Hey,

This is the thread to discuss the Ironkeep Modder's Compendium (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=689188). If you have comments, feedback, or issues, here's where to tell me about it. If you think I missed something, can't understand it, or have a specific issue you want me to cover, let me know, and I will do my best to answer and/or revise the tutorial to help you ;).

- Korianous

KGS
12.10.2009, 20:58
If anything is to make me try modding again after my failure with the basic tutorial it will be this guide :gratz

Larisa
21.11.2009, 21:27
Little confusion in the opening post:

The compendium is strongly focused on G2 modding, but if you have the basics, you should be able to port your knowledge over to G2 with little trouble.

So, focused on g2, but able to port on G1, or the other way around?

Korianous
21.11.2009, 21:34
Typo ;). Thanks Larisa. You should be able to port your knowledge to G1 modding with no trouble is what I meant to say.

KGS
09.08.2010, 11:57
is it dead ?

Korianous
12.08.2010, 05:43
is it dead ?

Not at all, just suffering from a lack of free time on my part. Is there anything specific you'd like me to write tutorials about? I'm more than happy to take requests, assuming it's something I know how to approach and would be feasible to write a tutorial for.

KGS
17.08.2010, 10:40
Not at all, just suffering from a lack of free time on my part. Is there anything specific you'd like me to write tutorials about? I'm more than happy to take requests, assuming it's something I know how to approach and would be feasible to write a tutorial for.

hmm i'll think of something when i start trying to mod again ;)

FlyingInABlueDream
09.11.2010, 22:52
I've got some questions regarding the compiling section of the guide. I didn't quite understand it, so I'll just ask the stuff:
Basically when I want to see the stuff I'm changing, I'm doing the next:

1. edit the scripts(ones in Gothic game _work folder) using Crimson Editor with syntax high-lightning (I got familiar with the stuff, I do have some basic programming knowledge)
2. use GothicStarter_mod.exe to parse the scripts, start the editor and then make an ou.bin file
3. then I use GothicVDFS.exe to build a volume (for example GothicGame_MyMod.mod) with *.bin and *.dat filemasks and path set to Gothic folder
4. then I copy the GothicGame.ini and make a GothicGame_MyMod.ini with corrections under file and title paragraphs

After I do this, I can start my mod from GothicStarter_mod.exe
Anyway, I'm just asking is this correct way to do this?
Because every time I edit something, I have to delete the ou.bin and ou.csl files to prevent them from becoming big (they should be around 6 and 7mb I think) and to prevent Spacer from displaying double entries in Output Units window.

WernerTWC
10.11.2010, 20:44
1. edit the scripts(ones in Gothic game _work folder) using Crimson Editor with syntax high-lightning (I got familiar with the stuff, I do have some basic programming knowledge)
2. use GothicStarter_mod.exe to parse the scripts, start the editor and then make an ou.bin file
3. then I use GothicVDFS.exe to build a volume (for example GothicGame_MyMod.mod) with *.bin and *.dat filemasks and path set to Gothic folder
4. then I copy the GothicGame.ini and make a GothicGame_MyMod.ini with corrections under file and title paragraphs

After I do this, I can start my mod from GothicStarter_mod.exe
Anyway, I'm just asking is this correct way to do this?
Because every time I edit something, I have to delete the ou.bin and ou.csl files to prevent them from becoming big (they should be around 6 and 7mb I think) and to prevent Spacer from displaying double entries in Output Units window.

1. right
2. Since you start the spacer anyway, you can reparse the scripts with it, a bit easier to do all steps in one tool, imho. In there (from my mind) ... you have to "reparse scripts" -> load ou's (in the output unit - window in the spacer), update them and save them. (That way they don't grow such big).
3. Not necessary, only when you release a mod.
4. right

FlyingInABlueDream
10.11.2010, 21:52
Well, something's just not working again, I've tried all sorts of things and Spacer still displays double stuff and ou.bin file gets kinda large when I save the Output Units thing, meh, maybe modding just isn't for me, thanks for the help though, I'll try it all over again this weekend.