PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Risen Community Bug Tracker - check if your problem is a known bug

Copper
03.10.2009, 05:36
Hi folks!

I've just set up a bug tracker for risen, just like we had one for Gothic 3. I hope to bring a little bit more structure into our bug lists and maybe it helps Piranha Bytes with creating patches.

Bug Tracker: http://risenbugs.borsal.de/

The tracker's interface is available in nearly every language. Although most bug reports itself are in German, feel free to write your reports in English as well! But please don't be upset if your report was a duplicate to one in German and therefore gets closed. I've added the 20 most common bugs already.

Wish you happy bug-free playin' ;)
Copper

Vedzitux
03.10.2009, 07:16
I would like to add some bugs to that list, but the website dosen't look like.. working.

sempavieh
03.10.2009, 08:40
website's currently under review it says ... maybe we just have to wait

Copper
03.10.2009, 13:03
Hmm.. works just fine here right now.

Maybe it was just a temporarily disconnection or something. Or the provider wanted to see be itself, why there was suddenly more traffic than usual. :D

Frostburn
03.10.2009, 23:59
any idea how to fix the camera reverting back to default position on the player after talking to NPC's, opening chests, etc. ?
I saw something in the ConfigDefault.xml file about the camera, and will try to change the values, but I doubt it'll work

any ideas?

UR1Z13L
04.10.2009, 17:39
A bug: look back doesn't work

Mayaam
04.10.2009, 23:23
Minor Bugs

- There are broken dialogs/quests, some depend from what answer you choose first (ie. Gareth bug - "I lost Gareth..." dialog option will stay if you dont choose it during quest, meaning after you complete it and use this option, Gareth will go to meeting point to stand there mindlessly + this quest will spawn again in your questlog). Sometimes you have all dialog options unlocked and answers make no sense.
- The hero dialog for mining gold vein is same like for ore.
- Items description wrongly sorted - i.e. Hunter clothes or Runes shield, "Piercing weapon protection", should be third on the list, just line in character stats.
- A.I. decision - Sometimes when NPC is fighting monster, they use human related comments.
- A.I. detection area - basically you can be in same room with NPC, toe to toe and you can still loot chests (when he doesnt look in your direction) - probably they are deaf.
- A.I. autoheal - when your fighting monster and you have to retreat, monsters will be at full health when you come back, meaning they regen health when they come back at their spot and when you dont see them. Im not talking about coming back to them after hour, but after 10-20 seconds.
- A.I. pathfinding - sometimes NPC or summons cant follow you, when you start climbing onto small ledges (edit: most times when your going down from high spots, some occlusions).
- Monsters loot - Some monster have items that dont fit their class, unless elite/boss (ie. skeletons have plants or healing potions, and they should just have - bones and weapon loot, like in gothic). Some, dont have what they should (ie. Wolves - where is meat?)

Suggestions

I have some suggestions (for addon, path, or another game). I havent finished game so I dont know if some features are already in game, but:

- Suggestion1 - ..Merchants goods.. - They should rotate, meaning, that NOT ONLY you buy from them, but others too. Goods should refresh during chapter, not after chapter (level wise), and they should disappear from time to time (NPCs are buying). Refresh would also save problem when you sell stuff to merchants and you dont know what new they have, because there is so much things you sold to them, that its overhelms things added by merchants - shortly speaking, sold goods should disappear after certain amount of time.
- Suggestion2 - ..Clock.. - There should be ingame time. This would open new quest ideas, and merchants rotation option (ie. every game week, merchant gets new goods/restore it). This would also fix autorestore bug with some merchants (unlimited apples etc), and would be more natural.
- Suggestion3 - ..Always enemy.. - Hostile Human NPC class should be added to this game, meaning no matter what guild you are they will always attack you (like bandits in Gothic, here pirates would fit). Game world would be also more interesting (more camps, quests).
- Suggestion4 - ..Search for me.. - Something similar to Will-o-wisp would be usefull in this game. When you play with full shadows and vegetation, you will never be able to find all items. The quest involving wolf Rufo (great sidequest idea), that is searching Druid for you is neat idea to implement something like that for searching items for player (at least plants).
- Suggestion5 - ..Weapon/armor stats.. - more stats difference (damage). Weapons/shields found on monsters, chests, should differ a little from this you forge or buy from merchants, this would add great diversity in game, and make you explore more, to find best copy of certain weapon.
- Suggestion6 - ..Damage.. - Sometimes common weapons or shields (wooden) can break, or be destroyed by strong enemy/heavy blow. This would add some role to forging and fixing and make use of same kind of weapon that you find over and over.
- Suggestion7 - ..Sleep like adventurer.. - Use of animal skins. Unless you want to seek bed to sleep, you should be able to use some animal skins to sleep under the sky.
- Suggestion8 - ..Torch.. - You should be able to use torch as a weapon.
- Suggestion9 - ..No lame thief.. - Stealing sword/shield from character that your talking to is far from being normal, even with highest skill. You should be able to steal such things only from drunk/sleeping NPC. Also if NPC lost his weapon etc, he shoud try to buy new from merchant (ie. not magically materialize new one on his back). Also stealing should be unlimited, but never with 100% chance of success, furthermore you should only be able to steal when you are alone with npc (others are watching). Seeing what your pickpocketing from NPC is stupid, you should never know what he/she have in his/her pocket.
- Suggestion10 - ..Picklocking.. - After some unsuccessful picklock tries, lock should break and never be able to open again.
- Suggestion11 - ..Chest placement.. - chest with true treasure, should be buried without any spot symbols or ground differences.
- Suggestion12 - ..Rain and fire.. - under heavy rain, torches or firecamps should go out. Also city,home lamps/torches should be actually lighted by NPC.
- Suggestion13 - ..Monsters/NPC class animation.. - their animations should be OUT OF SYNC, meaning even if they do exactly same movements, they shouldn't make it in same second, when more then one of the same kind is in one spot.

Regards,
M

Cor Blimey
05.10.2009, 01:14
I realise this is not a 'post your bugs' thread but perhaps when the site is up and running again comments in this thread can be incorporated into it.

bug/contradiction to lore/etc: someone/some book in the monastery states that scrolls return to parchment form after use but they do not. I hope this is an oversight/error or something.

mkreku
05.10.2009, 09:18
A very minor bug:

When you've killed Konrad's cow BERTA for Weasel (and put the severed head in Konrad's bed) and go back to Konrad, the dialogue that triggers is referring to the cow ELSA. It should be changed to Berta. Elsa is his wife's cow, standing perfectly healthy across the street..

cifre
05.10.2009, 09:23
Robbing Konrad and Avarilo quest log is crossed. Meaning that all the discussions regarding Konrad are under the name of Avarilo and opposite. sorry if I misspelled the names, I had a rough night killing rotworms! :D

DarkPhoenixUSA
05.10.2009, 20:05
Not really a bug but a suggestion:

Bring back a true First Person mode to Risen.

I know the console cheat to activate an FPS view is not really for the players but PB is great at making games for first person view, as it was Gothic 2 and 3 that caused me to fall in love with first person RPG's.

I have opened a discussion about this here:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=688508

This is my argument for wanting a good working FPS View in Risen:

I have been playing first person games for nearly 20 years. The reason I don't play in 3rd person is that I can't stand it. For me, the character view gets in the way of my game experience. When I fight, it's like I am controlling a character outside of myself. Its surreal. If I am in 1st person, fighting takes on realism - to experience the fight through my own characters eyes is like fighting in real life. I have to turn always to face my foe and I can't 'çheat' by always knowing if I am about to be attacked from behind.. I have to be quick enough to look around me to know where all my foes attack from - just like in real life. This makes an RPG much more immersive and realistic and more challenging too. In 3rd person mode I feel like I am playing an arcade game. It's like a view made for children because it's so much easier than first person view. I mean no offense to those who love a third person view.. that's just my experience with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People who love the Gothic games are fond of saying that the games are so much better than games like Morrowwind or Oblivion because the combat system was more real. This is fine but then you go and cheapen the experience by only letting a person play in an arcade child like 3rd person mode. That makes no sense to me at all.

For us hard core FPS gamers who love the challenge of combat in first person please bring FPS mode back like you did in Gothic 2 and 3. For those of us who play first person, this game will be tons better than it is now experience wise.

I have read a lot of reviews about Risen on the net and many of them right away are disappointed that there is no first person mode.

The way the FPS camera works in the game as activated by a console command leaves the character body hidden and the camera view is too high.. it doesn't see from the characters eyes but from above his head.

These things should be easy to fix with a patch and I know this engine is capable of doing it.

Tratos
05.10.2009, 20:52
In the videos folder, the ini file indicates three logo movies:

Logo_01.bik
Logo_02.bik
Logo_03.bik

It's something like that. However, the third logo video is not there. Missing file or surplus entry?

Daffas
07.10.2009, 06:10
When going into some of the buildings, your character will jump to the roof, and you can walk around on it. I was both walking and running when it happened.

Stalagmite
11.10.2009, 05:52
Not enough bugs, meatbugs that is. I miss meatbugs.

I get crashes occaisionally. I can usually cntl-alt-dlt it to a kickstart but can be frustrating while fighting tough fos and seeing myself dead when it starts back up again.

What else....can't think of anything right now.

Wend
11.10.2009, 12:47
I probably have the most annoying bug, after about of 1h play the weather is starting to change so fast, every second is different weather sometimes day and night changes too. I had a same bug with G3 but it was later patched. I tought that PB said that Risen has a complete new game engine, why is the bug same?!?!
I tried update graphic card drivers but no use, also reinstaling game doesen't work. It only helps restarting PC but this bug comes back!
I hope patch will come soon.

Kostaz
11.10.2009, 13:47
I probably have the most annoying bug, after about of 1h play the weather is starting to change so fast, every second is different weather sometimes day and night changes too. I had a same bug with G3 but it was later patched. I tought that PB said that Risen has a complete new game engine, why is the bug same?!?!
I tried update graphic card drivers but no use, also reinstaling game doesen't work. It only helps restarting PC but this bug comes back!
I hope patch will come soon.
This (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showpost.php?p=10742541&postcount=11)might help you

Wend
11.10.2009, 15:24
thx :gratz, I was stupid enough not to look into thread in a first place.
thanks again

cifre
14.10.2009, 09:28
- When speaking with commandant Carlos about the fact he has to leave the city, his voice is missing. Only the hero's voice is there. That is on the english voicing.
- In chapter 3, when in the volcano, Mendoza asks you to go to Ethan to tell him to dig a tunnel so you can go further. In fact the guy's name is Vince, there is no Ethan in the team.
- hammers sound like swords, they have the slash sound when hits the target even if they have blunt damage.
- in Severin's farm, Sirius or whatever his name, the guy who's running for plants, is saying that krayban has disappeared but krayban is just around the fire.

Copper
18.10.2009, 16:10
Sorry guys, I forgot to change the URL in the first post here in the English section. The URL to the BugTracker changed a while ago, because that damn free hoster deleted it for to much traffic. Now it is running on a dedicated server with very good performance.

--> http://risenbugs.borsal.de/

Feel free to add your bugs in English, if you can't speak German. However most important bugs should already be reported by now...

You can add "trivial bugs" and "feature requests" too, but I'd recommend you save your time, since they aren't gonna be patched anyways.. :D

Hav'caaren An'givare
28.10.2009, 14:58
I have a small problem.Sometimes when i talk to someone,they are "missing they're voice".It happened a few times,the worst time being when i talked with carlos about the volcano tempel in ch4.He didn't said a word,but the text was rigth there on the screen :confused::confused::confused:...

vic1968
07.12.2009, 17:39
In my fourth run I found a very annoying bug:

It happens in chapter 3 "Open the great gate" quest.So, after using the first winch ( to the north ), spoke with Mendoza and after that go south to use the second winch.All is done, come back to Mendoza and get the quest "The tunnel".Big surprise: the trap is already closed and I shall never can go further.
Reload a previous save to see what happened and:

A BLASTED BRONTOK IS WANDERING NEAR THE TRAP AND TRIGGER THIS.

Fortunately, I am a mage with fireball mastered and I can kill the brontok with ranged attack untill he reach the needed position to trigger the trap.
The curious thing is that I didn't encountered this kind of problem till now ( Risen finished for three times).

Maladiq
21.12.2009, 20:06
I have a bug. When i transform into a bug, i cannot transform back into human, i have to wait for the time of the spell to run out. I lose a lot of time and it is frustrating.

foobar
21.12.2009, 21:29
I have a bug. When i transform into a bug, i cannot transform back into human, i have to wait for the time of the spell to run out. I lose a lot of time and it is frustrating.

You have tried pressing the middle mouse button, haven't you?

Maladiq
21.12.2009, 22:25
You have tried pressing the middle mouse button, haven't you?

yep, the left, right, middle, ctrl, alt, space, every key on the keyboard, nothing:dnuhr:

foobar
21.12.2009, 22:45
yep, the left, right, middle, ctrl, alt, space, every key on the keyboard, nothing:dnuhr:

What mouse do you have? Is there any driver software installed (like SetPoint for Logitech)?

Maladiq
21.12.2009, 23:17
What mouse do you have? Is there any driver software installed (like SetPoint for Logitech)?

Cheap mouse, from A4tech, 3 buttons, came with no driver, automatic windows installation. When I click the middle mouse button in Windows it does the scroll thingy, so it works fine. Why couldn't the spell work just like levitation, right click and it finishes? Not fair:(

foobar
21.12.2009, 23:57
Let's try something:

Get AutoHotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/) and install it. Should be pretty straight forward.
Right-click on some empty space on your desktop and select "New..." -> "AutoHotkey script". Name it risen.ahk (make sure not to remove the .ahk extension).
Right-click on the new file, choose "Edit Script" and paste the following code into the editor:

F12::MButton

Save and exit.
Double click on risen.ahk. You should find a icon in your systray, a white "H" on a green background.
Start RISEN, transform into a nautilus and try to end the spell by pressing F12.

If this workaround does the trick then probably something is not right with your mouse settings. You can - if you want - just keep using it, just remember to quit the ahk script after playing or else your F12 key will remain mapped to the middle mouse button.

If this doesn't work then... well, something else is wrong and I'm at my wit's end for now. ;)

Maladiq
22.12.2009, 01:14
^^ thanks, useful software.

And I found out why I had problems with the game:D When I first installed it, I changed the controls a bit, as I didn't have a mouse or a middle button at my laptop. And somehow in changing the controls, the weapon mode was changed. It seems that all i had to do was to press the weapon mode button, so no bug here. I feel so ashamed ^2^ §gnah

But another thing i noticed, though it may not be a bug, fires in game don't create shadows, except the torch the hero uses. Torches on the walls or firecamps don't generate shadows.

Maladiq
06.02.2010, 16:00
Bug:

I bet on a fight with Ricardo (the weakest fighter, I thing that;s his name), fought in the arena, and then talked to him just after he woke up, I let him lure me into the trap, beat him again and this time he spawned a woodcutter's axe in his back, so i beat him again to take it. When talking to craig, I didn't get my reward. I beat him and the best fighter, but there was no option to bet on the fight with the guard who gives you the disgusting insect quest.

Rale
23.03.2010, 21:38
Well, there is a bug: when you fry meat in the pan, pan remains empty, like that you're frying air...I think that it wouldn't be hard, for an experienced modder, to insert animation of meat/fish in pan while using it