PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Question about picking locks

SadExchange
02.10.2009, 20:21
I have 5 lockpicks in my inventory and I took the first point in picking locks, but had a question. (Possible Spoiler) I was at the front of Harbor City and there's a door off to the right on the wall and I couldn't pick the lock. Well, there was no option to do so. Does that just mean I need more points in lockpick, like it's a harder lock or do I need to somehow use my inventory and push on the lockpicks or something?

I'm just a little confused, because the manual says if I press a combination wrong when trying to open a chest, my lockpick will break but I haven't had any break yet and I know I'm messed up a combo or two.

Mrdolce
02.10.2009, 20:30
Some locks cant be picked and require a key. Or you need a higher level of skill to do so, such as "Lock", "Difficult Lock" and "Impossible Lock" meaning Level 1, 2 and lastly 3.
The very same holds true for pickpocketing. (Pickpocket - 1 , Difficult Pocket - 2 , Impossible Pocket - 3) But, there is one last level, the inpickable, or atleast i think. Our hero says "I have to pick this, or find a key" when trying to pick more important chests \ doors. Perhaps higher level, perhaps need a key or magic scroll. Im not high enough in the levels myself to answer wether or not you can pick everything on the last level. So until im next level, this is my guess :-)

SadExchange
02.10.2009, 21:26
A question to add. In the manual it says that you can break a lock pick, but how do you? I've messed up on combinations and still haven't had one break.

Versatile
02.10.2009, 21:38
A question to add. In the manual it says that you can break a lock pick, but how do you? I've messed up on combinations and still haven't had one break.

Sometimes they break and sometimes they do not. So i guess up to now you are lucky:D

Mrdolce
02.10.2009, 21:38
It happens after 2. or 3. failed attempt most of the time, you wont get a notice, but youll hear an audible notice that it broke, or rather crumbled.

In the start i was really cheapskate on my lockpicks and saved before every chest, then loading if it broke :D

Demonium
02.10.2009, 21:56
Please tell me who the hell can teach you how to pick locks??? I am level 5 at Harbor Town and i havent learned yet picklocking...:dnuhr:

Mrdolce
02.10.2009, 22:02
Please tell me who the hell can teach you how to pick locks??? I am level 5 at Harbor Town and i havent learned yet picklocking...:dnuhr:

Telling you will spoil some of the story seeing that you are in Harbor Town.

Keep doing "For the Don!" quests and you join the rogue camp, and learn lockpickings, if you join the Order you will get runes to unlock.. Mages and its magic, i think, scrolls? Transcripting runes to scrolls.. But this costs 2 lockpicks per scroll, so theres no way of saving the upkeep of lockpicks :\

Demonium
02.10.2009, 22:05
Telling you will spoil some of the story seeing that you are in Harbor Town.

Keep doing "For the Don!" quests and you join the rogue camp, and learn lockpickings, if you join the Order you will get runes to unlock.. Mages and its magic, i think, scrolls? Transcripting runes to scrolls.. But this costs 2 lockpicks per scroll, so theres no way of saving the upkeep of lockpicks :\

If you will join the Order, you wont be able to learn pick locks? Damn...

Thats unfair...:p

Thanx for the info

foobar
02.10.2009, 22:09
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=686060