PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : A few Questions I can't find answers too

04WigmoreB
15.09.2009, 22:21
I posted on the Official Risen Forums, but it seems to be a lot less active than here, so I'm going to post my questions again.

Hello, I've only just heard about this game, and from what I've seen, It looks pretty good. I was just wondering if someone could answer a few questions, as I can't seem to find any information in English .

- I know there's magic in the game, but can someone tell me what sort of spells there will be? Like the traditional fire spells etc, or are there other's too?

- How does leveling work (And is there leveling) ? Are there skill levels for swords magic etc. And if there are, do these increase as you use them, or do you put experience etc into them.

- Can anyone post some good gameplay video's that at the least have some English Subtitle's?

- How long can we expect to get out of the game (Admitedly, you may not be able to answer this til it comes out) for a completionist who likes to do everything?

- Will there be a demo for the 360?

Thanks in advance :) .

Ringo81
15.09.2009, 23:40
§welcome to the forum.

1. Risen contains different kinds of magic. There are ordinary spells like the fireball, freeze and magic bolt. There are spells you can transform the hero into different monsters. Also special spells, like levitation and psychokinesis. There will be some more, but this you'll have to figure out while gaming.

2. The levelling is quite simple. You kill creatures and fulfil quests. Therefore you get experience points. As soon as you have gathered a certain number of experience points, the char does climb a level. With every new level you reach, hitpoints and afaik manapoints increase automatically. You also get learning points. These points you can exchange into Skills via a teacher.

3. I'm sorry, but i don't know about a video with english subtitles. Maybe someone else. Only thing i can tell you is, that Andy Serkis (Gollum LotR) and John Rhys-Davies (Gimlin LotR) will speak the 2 main characters beside the hero in english localization. Many known actors from UK TV schows will speak other npc.

4. The official statement about the time you need to get through the main story only is 50 hours. If you try to fulfil as much sidequests as you can and to get everything the time increases up to 100 hours.

5. Dunno about an 360 demo, but i guess there will be one.

wkr
Ringo81

ps: forgotten something. Concerning the skills. You can advance the effects of spells. As soon as you become better with swords you'll learn new moves, kombos and hit harder. As soon as you become better with bows and crossbows you will hit harder and probably aim better. There are also skills you will learn only one time, like taking trophies from animals and monsters.
Picklocking as 3 levels. With each new level you can unlock more complicated locks.

RobinHood 13.
16.09.2009, 00:32
Here's 45 mins of gameplay:
http://gameone.de/blog/2009/9/risen-uber-45-minuten-gameplay-pur
It's in german, but they're quite good, and in those vids you don't depend on german so much, and they might say some spoilers, which we english-speaking don't understand;)

Melee combat will be specialized into 3 independent fighting styles. Staffs, swords and axes which will have their own animations and attacks.
In beginning fighting looks stubborn, and not so fancy, while as you progress, attacks look more "professional" and you can do more advanced combos.

Concerning spells there's also a joke spell. If for example a npc won't talk to you because of something you did, you can simply cast a "joke" and all will be forgotten:p, but they're supposedly rare.

You should reat this rewiev: h (http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=126&ref=0&id=285)ttp://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=126&ref=0&id=285 (http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=126&ref=0&id=285)
It answers many of your questions.

Heart Collector
16.09.2009, 09:39
And a bit off-topic: I'd advise you to get your hands on Piranha Byte's Gothic games and give them a try. They may be outdated now, and kinda buggy, but they are the best gaming experience I've had :)

However, don't necessarily consider them fully indicative of what Risen may be. From what I've seen, PB has learned from past mistakes and are going to give us their most polished game to date, which we hope will make us relive our cherished first "Welcome to the colony! *PAF*" moments ;)

foobar
16.09.2009, 10:24
Welcome to the forum!

- I know there's magic in the game, but can someone tell me what sort of spells there will be? Like the traditional fire spells etc, or are there other's too?

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=10399718

04WigmoreB
16.09.2009, 15:58
Thanks everyone :) . You made up my mind. I've just pre-ordered for my 360. I'll probably get it for the computer eventually, but not until I manage to afford a new gaming computer. Anyway, thanks for all the links and answers here.

RobinHood 13.
17.09.2009, 15:30
Now about the questions... Maybe they should be posted in here? Mods can you make this sticky.

My question to the girls: Do you have plans to come back to UK when the new album or single is released?
confused :confused:

04WigmoreB
17.09.2009, 16:39
confused :confused:

You're not the only one :dnuhr: .

SoM3
17.09.2009, 16:55
Use your troll detector guys, scan his posts count.

markusaurelius
17.09.2009, 16:57
§welcome to the forum.

2. The levelling is quite simple. You kill creatures and fulfil quests. Therefore you get experience points. As soon as you have gathered a certain number of experience points, the char does climb a level. With every new level you reach, hitpoints and afaik manapoints increase automatically. You also get learning points. These points you can exchange into Skills via a teacher.
locks.

I raise my doubts

Tratos
17.09.2009, 19:07
I wonder if RISEN will feature Mana Regen?

foobar
17.09.2009, 19:28
I wonder if RISEN will feature Mana Regen?

It will not:

Ich würde dir empfehlen immer reichlich Manatränke dabei zu haben. Eine Manaregeneration gibt es nicht. DOT und andere in Tiere verwandeln gibt es nicht.

Translation: I advise you to always carry a lot of mana potions with you. A mana regeneration does not exist. DOT and transformation of others into animals does not exist.

04WigmoreB
17.09.2009, 19:50
It will not:

Translation: I advise you to always carry a lot of mana potions with you. A mana regeneration does not exist. DOT and transformation of others into animals does not exist.

No mana regen? Ah well, I always like a challenge. Can't wait to play this game ... but there were posts on the official forums about it being taken off for pre-order on the 360 in America (Doesn't affect me so far as I'm in the UK, but I'm curious) . Anyone have any idea as to why?

SacredGamer
17.09.2009, 19:54
No mana regen? Ah well, I always like a challenge. Can't wait to play this game ... but there were posts on the official forums about it being taken off for pre-order on the 360 in America (Doesn't affect me so far as I'm in the UK, but I'm curious) . Anyone have any idea as to why?

Doberlec (Brand Manager Of Risen)
"There will be news on that in the upcoming days, so don't despair"
http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showpost.php?p=395521&postcount=8

04WigmoreB
17.09.2009, 19:56
Doberlec (Brand Manager Of Risen)
"There will be news on that in the upcoming days, so don't despair"
http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showpost.php?p=395521&postcount=8

Oh, ok ... I hate being so curious ... It adds extra hours to games becasue you want to see everything, but it means you just can't be patient and wait on things :mad: .